Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ex-DH was incarcerated in the San Juan Facility at Perryville from 1983-88. (I divorced him in 1985) It was a med/min facility then. San Juan was medium. You can look his Prison Id #37426 in the ADOC inmate data search. This was the last time he was incarcerated in Az, his previous incarcerations at Ft. Grant and Florence are not listed because their data base doesn't go that far back for repeat offenders. He went on to be incarcerated in California at Folsum, Solidad, and San Quentin. He was looking at a 3rd strike on his last offense, but San Jose, Cali. LE had beaten him so incredibly during his arrest (an illegal search when he was walking in the park) that they feared a lawsuit and cut him loose. They shattered the entire side of his face and his hip, among other things.

I have no sympathy for him. You reap what you sow. I was a stupid naive 17 year old who had never been exposed to the "Dark Side", and had known him from the time I was 6. He was a Marine with an honorable discharge. His sister was taken in by my folks as a foster for 7 years.

He became addicted to morphine while serving, guarded the medical tent. He was also on body bag duty, the planes would come in state, off load the dead, and he was one of those who had to inventory the body bag and compare the weight of the contents from where it came from to it's destiny. He also became a part of the military group that was portrayed in the movie "American Gangster". (I will NOT discuss the liberties or omissions that the movie misrepresented) When discharged he became a heroin addict, he was a member of the Old Mexican Mafia and the Nuestra Familia, 2 rival Ariz/Calif gangs, only because his brother in law, George Solano was a top dog in the NF in Cali. Both gangs were "blood in, blood out".

I can promise you all, that CMja will not make it in prison. Perryville was hard when my ex was in there. The guards will look away, rather then insert themselves in the middle of something. I personally "witnessed" an inmate RAPE his girlfriend on a picnic bench while there for a visitation one evening. She was screaming for help, and the guards turned their backs. I was strip searched on one visitation, with no exclamation, when showing up for another visit. Seems my ex had a scam going on and there were "gals" bringing in drugs to him. When he tried to assault me that evening during visitation, I ran to the sally port and the guards opened it up for me, closing it just as he got to it. One of the guards who took me back to the main entrance on the bus, gave me the low down.

He told me I did not belong in this environment, I was different than all the other women coming to see their husbands, and boyfriends. Everyone who was incarcerated in prison found "Jesus", it was just all part of the game while the inmates con their loved ones into bringing contraband into the prison and put money on their books. He told me I deserved and should demand better of myself. I was educated, I worked, I had a 2 year old daughter. My ex was being investigated for the murder of a top MM down in Florence, evidently "kites" had been found in his possession and eluded to the hit being orchestrated. The guard told me to get the hell out of there and never turn back.

Perryville is much worse now. It is a medium/maximum facility. These inmates have nothing but time on their hands to devise new ways of making weapons. Newspaper can be made into a shiv, a light bulb can be used to create an inferno in a cell, hooch can be made toxic to it's intended victim. No matter where you are placed, SOMEONE can always get to you, even in PC or solitary confinement.

CMja has no "Game", she has no affiliation, she's from Cali, and has no family in prison.

Like I said before, she is toast.

That being said, any talk about CMja having a cushy life in prison or getting less than Life (with or without parole) or DP should just be dropped. She will experience Hell on Earth. I can guarantee it. And that's not my opinion, it's the facts.
Oh, Bernina. My heart goes out to you. What a brave post!
But, in all honesty...I have a hard time accepting the "ex-DH". I pray you have kept far, far away from this person.

My ex-DH was incarcerated in the San Juan Facility at Perryville from 1983-88. (I divorced him in 1985) It was a med/min facility then. San Juan was medium. You can look his Prison Id #37426 in the ADOC inmate data search. This was the last time he was incarcerated in Az, his previous incarcerations at Ft. Grant and Florence are not listed because their data base doesn't go that far back for repeat offenders. He went on to be incarcerated in California at Folsum, Solidad, and San Quentin. He was looking at a 3rd strike on his last offense, but San Jose, Cali. LE had beaten him so incredibly during his arrest (an illegal search when he was walking in the park) that they feared a lawsuit and cut him loose. They shattered the entire side of his face and his hip, among other things.

I have no sympathy for him. You reap what you sow. I was a stupid naive 17 year old who had never been exposed to the "Dark Side", and had known him from the time I was 6. He was a Marine with an honorable discharge. His sister was taken in by my folks as a foster for 7 years.

He became addicted to morphine while serving, guarded the medical tent. He was also on body bag duty, the planes would come in state, off load the dead, and he was one of those who had to inventory the body bag and compare the weight of the contents from where it came from to it's destiny. He also became a part of the military group that was portrayed in the movie "American Gangster". (I will NOT discuss the liberties or omissions that the movie misrepresented) When discharged he became a heroin addict, he was a member of the Old Mexican Mafia and the Nuestra Familia, 2 rival Ariz/Calif gangs, only because his brother in law, George Solano was a top dog in the NF in Cali. Both gangs were "blood in, blood out".

I can promise you all, that CMja will not make it in prison. Perryville was hard when my ex was in there. The guards will look away, rather then insert themselves in the middle of something. I personally "witnessed" an inmate RAPE his girlfriend on a picnic bench while there for a visitation one evening. She was screaming for help, and the guards turned their backs. I was strip searched on one visitation, with no exclamation, when showing up for another visit. Seems my ex had a scam going on and there were "gals" bringing in drugs to him. When he tried to assault me that evening during visitation, I ran to the sally port and the guards opened it up for me, closing it just as he got to it. One of the guards who took me back to the main entrance on the bus, gave me the low down.

He told me I did not belong in this environment, I was different than all the other women coming to see their husbands, and boyfriends. Everyone who was incarcerated in prison found "Jesus", it was just all part of the game while the inmates con their loved ones into bringing contraband into the prison and put money on their books. He told me I deserved and should demand better of myself. I was educated, I worked, I had a 2 year old daughter. My ex was being investigated for the murder of a top MM down in Florence, evidently "kites" had been found in his possession and eluded to the hit being orchestrated. The guard told me to get the hell out of there and never turn back.

Perryville is much worse now. It is a medium/maximum facility. These inmates have nothing but time on their hands to devise new ways of making weapons. Newspaper can be made into a shiv, a light bulb can be used to create an inferno in a cell, hooch can be made toxic to it's intended victim. No matter where you are placed, SOMEONE can always get to you, even in PC or solitary confinement.

CMja has no "Game", she has no affiliation, she's from Cali, and has no family in prison.

That being said, any talk about CMja having a cushy life in prison or getting less than Life (with or without parole) or DP should just be dropped. She will experience Hell on Earth. I can guarantee it. And that's not my opinion, it's the facts.

Thank you for taking the time to share your story and knowledge of what goes on there.

BBM: I have no doubt whatsoever that he took CONTROL ... what an arrogant, narcissistic ... la la la la la la la la la la

:seeya:

He kinda reminded me of CMJA in his little 3-min. interview that I saw this morning, specifically when he was talking about the abuse....

I'm sorry, you guys know I'm only kidding he's not actually anything like her I'm sure, but I just did not get a good first impression of him, that's my point....

I think the BPD meant Jodi reacted differently and stronger to rejection than someone who doesn't have BPD, rejection caused her acute distress, she displayed examples of that for a long time before the murder .. all of us have asked why Travis kept seeing her once she started displaying her poor coping skills, but that's not to blame him, as he clearly didn't see it for what it is .. but it did make the situation worse .. now this is not enough to give her anything less than murder 1, it's not enough to take away from the aggravating factors, but I think it's enough for mitigation and give someone LWOP.

Saying that, big problem in Arizona .. Jury cannot say LWOP, that's left to the judge, I'll not be surprised if many on the jury thought JSS might be soft and give JA LWP, which may have also played a part.

Many people go through life with wistful feelings about a love relationship that caused them anguish, that ended up with that person rejecting them. I call mine 'the one that got away'. You have to pull yourself together and go on despite the misery.
Problem is, she is just too arrogant to allow someone to do that to her. I don't believe it's anything to do with BPD feelings of abandonment which were overwhelming to her- she wasn't going to tolerate him doing anything at any time during their affair that she didn't know about and approve, she watched him 24/7 way before he got sick of her. She's a conceited bully and she's still running things her way.

JA 20 years from now (age progression software)

774140342.jpg

She is going to need a lot of makeup!

Jodi in approximately 12 years after the new penalty phase.

bookcase-coffin-combination.jpg

My latest video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01U5Wg7JgnY

I believe every word you typed!!! I worked in the prisons and parolees right out of prison. Yes you are right. Very Very Right.

I am so glad you got out and away from you ex husband finding a better life for you and your child!!!

Thank you so much for this great post!

I am in Criminal Justice classes and heavily study Death Row inmates in prisons all over America. Yes, you are right, so very RIGHT; Perryville is one of the worst...she may be psycho but she is a baby psycho compared to the full grown mature psycho she will encounter.

Bernina's incredible post certainly made me feel better. I hope someone will make sure TA's family reads it. Mr. Foreman is looking a lot better to me now that I see what awaits JA at Perryville outside the safety of death row.

Thank you so much for this great post!

I am in Criminal Justice classes and heavily study Death Row inmates in prisons all over America. Yes, you are right, so very RIGHT; Perryville is one of the worst...she may be psycho but she is a baby psycho compared to the full grown mature psycho she will encounter.

Jella, since you have studies actual death row inmates, can you tell me your opinon - do you think CMJA deserves the death penalty? I mean, I guess not really on your opinion, but based on your studies and compared with other death row inmates? I'm really curious...

What's so sick, is that I like this convicted murderer after dissecting and enduring all of JA's baloney for months... This inmate's honesty is refreshing, somehow. She even said justice would have been for her to get DP, very matter-of-factly. Only thing is, she said jail was so horrible, she was looking forward to prison. I don't think she knew what to expect there either
As refreshing as her "honesty" was, I still think she was playing with the reporter. Just a feeling I have.

I am taking what the jury foreman said about the verbal abuse with a grain of salt. It was his opinion.The main problem I see is that if Jodi was unattractive, or a girl from the
hood, or a person of color, or a male They would have come back with death. People have trouble putting a “girl” with a side pony and wispy bangs to eventual death.She
acted frail and coy. they fell for it. They lost their perspective during the mitigation phase.

Can someone pls post a link where I can find more of Juror interviews? I've seen the little GMA part they showed this morning...TIA.

That is why it is called........(wait for it)........

DELIBERATIONS!!!!!!

8 to 4. They sit there until they figure it out. They only way this didn't happen was that some people straight up LIED that they could and would be able to sentence the Death Penalty.

IDK, stating that you are capable of voting for the DP isn't the same a saying you WILL vote for the DP. I asked about this last night, because so many people were upset and saying the jurors who wouldn't go DP were liars.

Saying you COULD vote DP is not making a promise that you WILL.

I just refuse to bash these jurors, because I haven't had to walk in their shoes these last 5 months. They were called to serve and they did so. Just because some didn't vote the way some of us had hoped doesn't make them shady or crooked.

Enough, please. :(

I guess Scott Peterson's jurors were really special in a good way. Rare.My hope in jurors is gone...

RE, Angela Simpson: I am kind of confused as to why people think that there is a chance that she would do something to Jodi. Angela is a cold blooded killer that told a reporter, and I quote "...everybody has a reason to kill." If anything, to me the odds are that Angela would probably be accepting of Jodi and her "I HAD to kill Travis" mentality.

That lady Angela does not like snitches...

I think we can imagine what type of prisoner cmja would be...she hit me...she stole cigarettes... just a few guesses, but the cmja we know will lower everyone around her to build herself up.

Angela seems to take pride in the truth something miss cmja does not...

I know, I know. What gives? Good grief, it a mystery, really. Would love to know what went down in the guilt phase. Was he a holdout. There is no chance of a mistrial, because of what he is saying, is there? It almost sounds like he has regrets his guilt decision. moo Oh, and when they poled the jury for the guilt and cruelty phase was his Yes loud. I thought it was. Anyone? moo

Here is my take on it. I think it's very difficult to wrap one's head around the crime that was committed and who committed it. I think as a jury member I would struggle with the "why" question - I think some juror's came up with their own mitigating factors, and that was allowed. If they think she has a personality disorder, they may have factored that in. She's not normal, she's off. Maybe they feel like some of us did, that her parents should have gotten her help when she was young, and her problems just got worse over the years.

I have a feeling the hold outs struggled with finding a reason why she would do such a thing. Some people don't believe in pure evil, they want a reason for this act and there is no logical reason here.

I am upset about the "verdict" but I can understand where they might have struggled with the death penalty.

I'll say it again, I'm just thankful they voted for Murder 1 and it was unanimously premeditated. They DID get it right.

I guess Scott Peterson's jurors were really special in a good way. Rare.My hope in jurors is gone...

And their interviews matched there verdict...as i remember. They didnt believe any of the lies that the defense spewed.

will be interesting what the other jurors say though.

Beth was on HLN and said a producer talked to Jodi's mom. According to her she was close but was told it was only a question and that the jury wouldn't even be in the room.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

How funny that the Alexanders showed up, even if it was "just a question". If the Arias' honestly gave a flip about CMja, they would have been 10 minutes away and there for EVERYTHING that happened involving the jury.
I WON'T give them a "pass" on this.
And as far as convicted Felon/Arsonist DB? Someone there in her PO's office has a lot of explaining to do and if we don't see a parole revocation here real quick, someone needs to be fired. I'll bet money on it that "gainful employment" and "no contact with convicted felons" are part of her parole requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998