Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'm just gonna say it. I've posted before ... but I just don't understand Sky Hughes' emails to Travis. Why couldn't she just mind her own business and stay out of Travis's life??? She took ownership of Travis and thought she knew better than anyone how to "control" his life. She maybe has a good heart, but she is a very controlling and meddling person. She had NO business to dig into Travis's life as she did. She annoys me beyond anything.

To think that she and Chris had Travis in a room, running him over the coals about Arias (while she was listening at the door). Who does that to a 30-year-old man???? That just makes my hinky meter go waaaay over the top.

Sky and Chris were too intrusive in Travis's life ...and .. too over-the-top controlling/protective. Travis needed guidance, yes .. but he did NOT need a couple of meddling PPL folks trying to control his life. He was 30 years old. Yes they could see that JA was a whacko ....

Where were they when things were going wrong. They didn't seem to know anything else other than that one experience. If they were concerned, why didn't they report things to the authorities ... that's because they didn't really know anything more than that one experience that they were talking about (re her listening outside the door while Chris and Sky were trashing Jodi).

Am I the only one who has a weird feeling about the Hughes's. Why would they NOT be put on the stand. What's up with this??

Those emails, in context, were nothing alarming to me. It was very early in TA and JA's relationship and she'd been temporarily fogged by JA herself. that quickly changed.

I just see this relationship differently. That's because I have a friendship that's similar. This friend and I have mutual friends who see us interact and would say the same thing about me you're saying about them. But he WANTS me to tell him what I think and he seeks out my advice. We've been through a lot together and we get it, even if nobody else does.
I believe Chris and sky really loved TA. I just can't judge them.

I'm getting super pissed off being called a member of a gang.

I'm going for a long ride on my horse.

Top right hand corner of any offensive post. A triangle with an exclamation point- to alert the mods for offensive comments. It is your friend. It is mine.

Which begs the question how many of you are planning on staying for round number two???

Like this post if you're staying for round two??

Btw providing my workload still allows it I will be here!!!

I hope you will be here! I have to finish this out for the victim, Travis Victor Alexander.

This is a nightmare!

Ya know, when JVM mentioned last night that Jodi used her feminine 'wiles' to influence men on the jury I thought it was a crock of you-know-what. Now I'm thinking that maybe JVM is correct, and this foreman could not see beyond her face to the evil inside her. I think it's sickening.:stormingmad:

Wow! I'm of the opinion that this guy should have kept his mouth shut because as he will soon find out, he will "be crucified in the court of public opinion"' and with good reason it seems.

Exactly he needs to quit while hes ahead.:banghead:

The P12 never changed their minds after seeing everything..or if they did they never publicly admitted it.

And I just saw some of his interview on Inside Edition and I wouldn't recommend anyone watching this that is already upset with his earlier remarks. He actually seems to feel sorry for CKJA. This has to be so incredibly painful for the Alexander family. As if what they are going through isn't bad enough, but to hear the jury foreman speaking about CKJA like he is ...is really hard to stomach.

This "girl" ? WTF!!

Poor "girl". Doing such a horrible crime at the tender age of 27...what is the proper age for throat slitting?

Huh? I am so confused by his statement "innocent until proven guilty". Yes Mr Juror that is correct, and unless you have forgotten she was found guilty by you and 11 of your peers.

BBM

Give the guy a break, he might have a touch of the fog. :lol:

I would love to see an interview with JA and JVM haha (jerry springer?) or JA and NC. Jodi would totally lose it with JVM and she just might shake like a chihuahua with NG.

I wish Miss Bad A$$ had the guts to take on Nancy Grace. Would have loved to see NG's reaction to being called a hater. One a scale of 1 - 10, pretty sure it would have been 45. lol

I want to hear from the pony tail man juror who, after the non-verdict, rather than taking the bus with the rest of the jurors, walked alone to public transportation. He looked pissed and was stalked by a media woman all the way onto the train.

I'd like to hear his perspective on what went down in that jury room!

Okay, I'm just gonna say it. I've posted before ... but I just don't understand Sky Hughes' emails to Travis. Why couldn't she just mind her own business and stay out of Travis's life??? She took ownership of Travis and thought she knew better than anyone how to "control" his life. She maybe has a good heart, but she is a very controlling and meddling person. She had NO business to dig into Travis's life as she did. She annoys me beyond anything.

To think that she and Chris had Travis in a room, running him over the coals about Arias (while she was listening at the door). Who does that to a 30-year-old man???? That just makes my hinky meter go waaaay over the top.

Sky and Chris were too intrusive in Travis's life ...and .. too over-the-top controlling/protective. Travis needed guidance, yes .. but he did NOT need a couple of meddling PPL folks trying to control his life. He was 30 years old. Yes they could see that JA was a whacko ....

Where were they when things were going wrong. They didn't seem to know anything else other than that one experience. If they were concerned, why didn't they report things to the authorities ... that's because they didn't really know anything more than that one experience that they were talking about (re her listening outside the door while Chris and Sky were trashing Jodi).

Am I the only one who has a weird feeling about the Hughes's. Why would they NOT be put on the stand. What's up with this??

BBM: I kind of think he did. Travis is dead and Sky was right. They asked him to come stay with them before he died because they were afraid something like that could happen. He refused, said he could handle it. They were right. Had he not been there Jodi would have had to move on to Utah and Travis would have been survived that encounter, at least.

Don't we all want to know what really happened though? We still aren't 100% sure what went down regarding the texts on May 26. We don't have the whole story either. We don't know if she broke into this house that day, or if she called and he let her in. The prosecution doesn't even know what led up to it, we just know it happened.

I think he's just saying he would like to know the truth, as would we all. I highly doubt he really expects her to be honest.

What really happened is all there in the photos and the autopsy photos and the crime scene. It's enough for me. I imagine that even if we knew, it would not be satisfying.

I just heard on Jane-Velez Mitchell a friend of Travis's speak about Travis's love for all animals. He said Travis had his friends watch "Earthlings" and cut down on the meat they were eating. I'm soooo glad to know this about Travis! I knew he loved his little dog and someone posted earlier that she has a theory that any man who loves a small dog is a GOOD man--I agree!

I haven't eaten meat for 4 years since reading Eating Animals, and seeing Earthlings, as well as seeing a youtube video of Gary Yourofsky. The only thing difficult for me has been to understand how anyone can continue to have blinders on about how animals are treated, and once they know how they are able to still eat these products. I have such great stuff to eat every day-potatoes, beans, veggies & fruits, pastas, grains, bread, etc, i do not miss any animal product. Yes, cheese USED to taste good, but when i found out that societies that consume dairy have rates of osteoporosis miles above those that don't have dairy, i got over the need for a nibble of brie.
My dedication is strong, and it's because of the animals. I am happy to hear about people moving towards vegan (even vegetarian) diets because of health and environmental reasons because this means that there are fewer animals suffering. Everyone has the right to make their own choices, but I think if more people knew the truth about the animals, they would make the choice for moral veganism. There is no need to inflict cruelty on other living beings or take what does not belong to us, and now that I know the reality of the lives these animals live, I could never go down that path again.

What's not fair? That it's going to be brutally difficult or that the state has to even go down that road as a result of the jurors being unable to come to a unanimous verdict?

======================

Now the penalty phase will have to be done all over again with another jury. Bill Zevakos says finding another impartial jury will be almost impossible.

“I just think it's going to be brutally difficult and quite frankly i don't think it's fair.”

http://www.insideedition.com/headlines/6389-jodi-ariass-juror-opens-up-about-trial

Whoooaaaaa...too soon Mr. Foreman. The time has come for you to stop talking to the media. Please and thank you.....

Oh balderdash! Who goes sightseeing at the Grand Canyon while their family member's jury is deciding their fate, HLN/ARIAS? GMAB!

I buy the concept -- trying to figure a way to ease the stress, fear and craziness that has been accumulating over the last few years and last 4 months in particular. Trying to do something "fun" makes a lot of sense to me.

But I think she is lying. I don't live in AZ but according to google maps the grand canyon is a good 3 hours from Phoenix. Can't imagine that they weren't told they only have an hour or so to get to the courthouse once the verdict is reached. Find it hard to believe they would go so far away if they actually had any intention of showing up that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd