SIDEBAR #6- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO, but I think he is speaking on behalf of the entire jury because he manipulated it to be this way ...

No doubt, being the foreman, he is an aggressive type of person -- and from what he has said in his interviews, I have no doubt he was manipulating deliberations to reflect his "personal beliefs" -- NOT the facts ...

His obvious "affection" for Jodi has me completey outraged ...

And he claims he did not know how much media focus was on this case -- Really ?

And then he says that Jodi was tried in the "court of public opinon" ? Now HOW does he know this IF he was NOT following the news on this case ?

He is making contradictory statements ... so I want him to keep talking and keep telling on himself ...

The 8 DP'ers need to come out and set the record straight ... like now !

:moo:

BBM.

He said that this wasn't the case:
Zervakos described the jury's deliberations behind closed doors as "very, very difficult" and "very emotional." The 12 jurors didn't try to coerce each other, he said. They respected each others' positions.
BUT if he isn't telling the truth I hope the other jurors speak out. Let's face it, his perception of things isn't quite in line with the majority so there's a chance that his view of the deliberations aren't the same as everyone else's.

Link to the quote:
http://www.freep.com/usatoday/article/2359903

Mr. Foreman is shocked that the penalty phase was ruled a mistrial...

He thought it would go to the judge and she would decide lwop or lwp...

It blows my mind that the jury had no idea what would happen...

They thought they had spared Arias...

At the risk of being sent into purgatory, not having a dedicated thread to discuss the trial seems rather abrupt. Only one juror has stepped forward; hopefully others will, and it would be helpful to have a thread to discuss what went right and what went wrong.
Perhaps someone will start a "The Jurors Speak" thread if it's allowed?

An alternate juror has spoken out, so there are two people to discuss now. I can only find one small quote from her in MSM (I've already quoted her and linked it but here's the link again: http://www.freep.com/usatoday/article/2359903 )

Slight difference. With LWOP, after a few years she gets dumped into general population and there she'll learn what being treated like toilet paper really means and on DR she'll be so starved for attention that she'll wish there was someone around who'd treat her like toilet paper.

Unfortunately, she will still hold the key to what really happened in that bathroom. She said at one time, "Travis and I are the only people who know what really happened."

And remember she said Travis would forgive her and God would understand.

Close the gate on her, please.
I would honestly prefer for her to experience general population thank sit alone twiddling her thumbs on death row. She will learn a whole lot more in general population.

Mr. Foreman is shocked that the penalty phase was ruled a mistrial...

He thought it would go to the judge and she would decide lwop or lwp...

It blows my mind that the jury had no idea what would happen...

They thought they had spared Arias...

Yeah, and I am really confused now...because they couldn't agree....but then the Foreman said that they thought that when they got called into court, that was the judge telling them that now the judge would take over and decide LWOP or LWP. So does that mean that the 8 for death were okay with that? Or is this just the Foreman making things up on behalf of the rest of the jurors?

From what he said on AZcentral interview, it sounded like a lot of them just wanted to take the burden off them and put it on the judge. But then that goes against what they signed up for!! I thought they were death-qualified?? I do not get this at all....

I want to read that one!

I'm going to get that book and read it... screw Jodi. She will be forgotten soon.

BTW, I downloaded a new book. Girl Gone, has anyone read it? Is it good?

I have wanted to see many of the YouTubes all of you guys do when I am on my mobile phone. But when I try to click on it it says not optimized for mobile and I cannot view on my phone. Is it just the old ones from way back.

. Is there anything I can do to my smartphone to see them?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I was actually astounded to find peeps here who knew Nick Cave/Bad Seeds and Tom Waits..I'm Canadian and saw them many times. Amazing memories! You guys are the BEST eclectic mix of folks I've ever come across.

I've gone down the very best path of memory lane here on the side bar because you play amazing things that make me snap my neck back in memory.

You all have made the last 2 days more bearable: Lil Buddy, Vivian Vance etc..great taste in music~

My Big Bang moment in music came with Elvis' 1954 version of "That's All right Mama" which set off rock-a-billy and then rock'rol and then rock with Led Zep. I love everything jazz, blues, gospel, rock, punk, pop, country

in honour of Jodi in 23 hr lockdown:

The Vilent Femmes: Blister in the Sun

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x48g8_violent-femmes-blister-in-the-sun_music#.UaAxQ0CsiSo
ahem. Who are you calling an oldie?? ;)

I grew up on Nick Cave and my kids are both huge Violent Femmes fans.

ETA I'm not even 40 yet!!

(((Elle Elle))). Haven't seen you! Gone girl is so good, you will be mad that you can't find another book as good after!

Yeah, and I am really confused now...because they couldn't agree....but then the Foreman said that they thought that when they got called into court, that was the judge telling them that now the judge would take over and decide LWOP or LWP. So does that mean that the 8 for death were okay with that? Or is this just the Foreman making things up on behalf of the rest of the jurors?

From what he said on AZcentral interview, it sounded like a lot of them just wanted to take the burden off them and put it on the judge. But then that goes against what they signed up for!! I thought they were death-qualified?? I do not get this at all....

This foreman eerily mirrors JW, a reporter and DB.....creeps me out what he is saying and much of it makes no sense at all.

It's not making much sense at all. I hope they'll have some lawyers address these issues on all the shows. I have a feeling he's REALLY going to regret speaking to MSM.

I want to read that one!

I'm going to get that book and read it... screw Jodi. She will be forgotten soon.

Hope I'm not being a buttinski. I've only posted a little over the trial but I've been following with all you guys. Today's news was just too bad.

I just downloaded Gone Girl! Hoping to clear my head with it.

Two movie suggestions for another time. They are a little quirky (Big Bang fans might enjoy) and definitely very sweet and feel-good.

Robot & Frank (2013)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1990314/

Safety Not Guaranteed (2012)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1862079/

JMO, but I think he is speaking on behalf of the entire jury because he manipulated it to be this way ...

No doubt, being the foreman, he is an aggressive type of person -- and from what he has said in his interviews, I have no doubt he was manipulating deliberations to reflect his "personal beliefs" -- NOT the facts ...

His obvious "affection" for Jodi has me completey outraged ...

And he claims he did not know how much media focus was on this case -- Really ?

And then he says that Jodi was tried in the "court of public opinon" ? Now HOW does he know this IF he was NOT following the news on this case ?

He is making contradictory statements ... so I want him to keep talking and keep telling on himself ...

The 8 DP'ers need to come out and set the record straight ... like now !

:moo:

Respectfully BBM

Juries I have served on, the forepersons usually have leadership qualities, or prior to deliberation, are perceived as being fair and open-minded, or independent thinkers by their juror peers. This has been my experience only.

IMO, unlikely that he was able to "manipulate" anyone given the 8/4 split.

I've viewed 3 of the foreperson's interviews. Personally, I don't detect any signs of "affection" for convicted murderer Jodi Arias.

Members may be media/trial junkies, but jurors may not be.

At the risk of being sent into purgatory, not having a dedicated thread to discuss the trial seems rather abrupt. Only one juror has stepped forward; hopefully others will, and it would be helpful to have a thread to discuss what went right and what went wrong.

Perhaps someone will start a "The Jurors Speak" thread if it's allowed?

A topical thread has already been generated by Mandy Leigh. It will be approved and opened tomorrow after some of the emotion and vitriol has subsided, when hopefully folks can post in a more civil manner.

The bashing, sleuthing and pure meaness has been completely out of control in several threads tonight. No matter how much one may disagree or dislike the decisions these jurors made, none of that has a place here.

:chillpill: :chillpill:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member