General Discussion and Theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rest in Peace, Tim. You will not be forgotten.

A ‘hard-working country boy’ senselessly lost

By Molly Hayes

B821254669Z.1_20130514195432_000_GQ9VSLAR.2_Content.jpg

TIM AND HIS DAUGHTER

Photo courtesy of the Bosma family

Tim Bosma, 32, leaves behind his two-year-old daughter.

Once again:

DO NOT:

• sleuth people who have not been named by LE as suspects or POI's.
  • link to social networking pages of people who have not been named by LE as suspects. The few exceptions are victims' pages, and LE or MSM pages. Any exceptions must be mod-approved.
  • link to a social networking page unless you are 100% certain it belongs to the suspect/victim.
  • COPY & PASTE posts and comments from other websites, including FB, twitter, etc.
  • POST photos from other websites, including FB, twitter, instagram, etc.
  • post the name of a private individual, minor or adult, who has not been named in the media. Even then, unless s/he's a major player, initials should be used in place of full names.
Questions about the rules or mod decisions should be addressed to a mod in a pm.

If you see a post that violates TOS, alert the post ASAP so a mod can handle the problem.

If you quote a post that has to be removed, your post will be removed, as well.

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

My feeling is that DM left Etobicoke and drove to Oakville to pick up MS and another/others on the way to Ancaster.

There are a few Oakville friends of MS, namely CD and JR, who claim to know something about MS's involvement in the crime. CD fingered "Arthur" who could be MS's partner in crime, AS. CD's behavior has been so odd, if she does truly know what's going on, it may be first hand, IMO.

DM's lawyer says he is "100% not guilty" and JR wrote MS was "an innocent bystander". So does that mean that suspect #3 is the killer?

DM's biggest problem is going to be explaining the existence of the incinerator. It may have been the key ingredient in a planned "perfect crime". I feel that TB's death was premeditated, not a result of a carjacking gone to far, just because the incinerator was there to cover their tracks (and really, TB could have been left on a country road with no cell phone and that would have tied him up for as long as it took SB to start looking for him anyway.)

I think DM moved the trailer to MB's because the heat was already on by Wednesday night, May 8. LE had gotten the call list of the burner phone and was calling around to everyone it had called (including seller #1). DM's friends no doubt reported that they had been called by LE about the burner phone to him. Fearing that he would be connected to the crime, he moved the truck/trailer to MB's.

The motive was both the truck, and I think DM was hoping to build some street cred with the Oakville thugs, which is why he went along with the plan and offered up so much of his resources.

DM's biggest problem is going to be explaining the existence of the incinerator.

No doubt. But depending on whether human remains were found in the thing. Do we have the answer to that?

Holy mackerel. Trial by media. It's really scary isn't it? Hopefully, by the time this case finally plods along all the way to the courtroom, enough people will be available to form a viable jury who haven't already made up their minds about this case.

Apparently is was not LE that found the incinerator: the day that DM was arrested (Friday) two men that worked on a neighboring farm took a photo of it and went to LE and the media. LE then confiscated their phone with the pic on it...but not before the pic was plastered all over the internet

Many times? I merely posted this to point out that money isn't the only motive -- in answer to questions many times posted here.

I simply meant in the general discussion of motive in this case, not just here on this forum. Honestly, I can't wrap my head around ANY motive that would justify what was done to Tim Bosma, but sooner or later we'll find out what it was.

My feeling is that DM left Etobicoke and drove to Oakville to pick up MS and another/others on the way to Ancaster.

There are a few Oakville friends of MS, namely CD and JR, who claim to know something about MS's involvement in the crime. CD fingered "Arthur" who could be MS's partner in crime, AS. CD's behavior has been so odd, if she does truly know what's going on, it may be first hand, IMO.

DM's lawyer says he is "100% not guilty" and JR wrote MS was "an innocent bystander". So does that mean that suspect #3 is the killer?

DM's biggest problem is going to be explaining the existence of the incinerator. It may have been the key ingredient in a planned "perfect crime". I feel that TB's death was premeditated, not a result of a carjacking gone to far, just because the incinerator was there to cover their tracks (and really, TB could have been left on a country road with no cell phone and that would have tied him up for as long as it took SB to start looking for him anyway.)

I think DM moved the trailer to MB's because the heat was already on by Wednesday night, May 8. LE had gotten the call list of the burner phone and was calling around to everyone it had called (including seller #1). DM's friends no doubt reported that they had been called by LE about the burner phone to him. Fearing that he would be connected to the crime, he moved the truck/trailer to MB's.

The motive was both the truck, and I think DM was hoping to build some street cred with the Oakville thugs, which is why he went along with the plan and offered up so much of his resources.

If someone wants to steal a vehicle, they do it when the occupants are away from the vehicle. Carjacking might happen when someone is fleeing a situation and they want a car right away, but this situation was completely different. This was a random (given that another vehicle owner also met with the murderers) kidnapping/murder using the ruse of taking a vehicle for a test drive.

Random thought, but are there any theories (or maybe known facts) on how LE ever made the link with DM and his crew in the first place? Someone calling in a tip on the tattoo maybe?

I personally believe that it was the release of the information on the tattoo on the morning of May 10th that led to someone calling in the tip very shortly after that information was released and the subsequent arrest of DM that same afternoon.

If not for that tattoo, I firmly believe he may never have been aprehended and we'd still be wondering where TB was and who the two suspects were that came to his home that evening.

MOO

what if DM was in the yukon? perhaps he let the other 2 go up the driveway..maybe they wanted the truck..although LE must have forensic evidence placing DM in TB's truck..but if LE collected DNA would they have gotten from DM already? prints I guess?

what if DM was in the yukon? perhaps he let the other 2 go up the driveway..maybe they wanted the truck..although LE must have forensic evidence placing DM in TB's truck..but if LE collected DNA would they have gotten from DM already? prints I guess?

Both SB and Seller #1 saw DM and MS and gave matching descriptions/id'ed them as the men who came to test drive the trucks...seller #1 was able to add the "Ambition" tattoo detail...so DM was not in the Yukon after the drive down to Ancaster. He was in TB's truck.

I don't think the Yukon will offer up much info because DM was driving it for 4 days after and any prints from the driver on May 6 would have been obliterated

Yukons after 2008 come standard with OnStar (GPS)...however LE has not given the year of the Yukon, only its colour

This article says DM was the driver of TB's truck in the test drive:

" At the conference, police had a better description of one man they were looking for — the driver who climbed in beside Bosma.

Police hoped the small word "Ambition" inked on one suspect's wrist would be a beacon to finding him. "

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2879300--tim-is-missing-have-you-seen-him-/

I personally believe that it was the release of the information on the tattoo on the morning of May 10th that led to someone calling in the tip very shortly after that information was released and the subsequent arrest of DM that same afternoon.

If not for that tattoo, I firmly believe he may never have been aprehended and we'd still be wondering where TB was and who the two suspects were that came to his home that evening.

MOO

Kamille, have we found out yet whether TB had a security camera on his property? It sounds like it might, being as LE claim they have video of the third suspect in DM's SUV. I would imagine if so, it probably isn't that good of quality to make out who is driving. If TB did have a camera, this may have helped to ID DM and MS coming and going from the house. I've also wonder if the first guy who took them on a test drive had security cameras at his business where the two suspects showed up to go on a test drive that day. I feel very hopeful LE have some type of solid evidence to go on and that is why we have 2 suspects in jail. The third may be harder to ID because they never came into contact with witnesses and possibly never came close enough to cameras to be ID. JMO

Kamille, have we found out yet whether TB had a security camera on his property? It sounds like it might, being as LE claim they have video of the third suspect in DM's SUV. I would imagine if so, it probably isn't that good of quality to make out who is driving. If TB did have a camera, this may have helped to ID DM and MS coming and going from the house. I've also wonder if the first guy who took them on a test drive had security cameras at his business where the two suspects showed up to go on a test drive that day. I feel very hopeful LE have some type of solid evidence to go on and that is why we have 2 suspects in jail. The third may be harder to ID because they never came into contact with witnesses and possibly never came close enough to cameras to be ID. JMO

I remember hearing on the news that they had video surveillance (they didn't say from who) of the vehicle that followed, but that they could not identify the vehicle from said footage. I would guess this means they also couldn't identify the driver.

Okay...I have a train of thought going here ...but I was looking for some answers to some questions...& I can't find through ALL the different threads here on TB...anything that states exactly what I'm looking for...

What I have read & understood so far is...the suspects apparently met with seller #1 on the Sunday the 5th ...at an industrial area/sellers workplace? Walked to the site...that is correct yes?

What I've been wondering about is...where was it reported *link if possible to verification/report from LE/witness statement?* that they walked up to the Bosma house...Has that been absolutely confirmed that they walked up to the house and did not drive up? If someone could point me to that being stated ...I would appreciate it! :) Then I can piece together this train of thought that has been worrying at me all week! ;) Thank you!

I remember hearing on the news that they had video surveillance (they didn't say from who) of the vehicle that followed, but that they could not identify the vehicle from said footage. I would guess this means they also couldn't identify the driver.

I don't recall *but I could be behind in that regard..I'm catching up as we speak!* hearing about video surveillance on the property...but I do remember in the earlier threads reading *can't remember where but maybe someone can verify this for me* that there was video surveillance in Brantford...but they didn't say where in Brantford...just that it was assumed? it was his truck...followed by another vehicle...about 10:10 pm? I know they were asking for anyone with information or had seen the vehicles about that time until about 10:30? to contact police... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123