MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
If LE and/or other agencies involved in this investigation believe that the identifying witness will be vital to a future trial, that individual's identity will be protected. While I'm a bit skeptical about the circumstances surrounding the mysterious witness who happened to see what might have been an abduction-in-progress, LE must have sufficient evidence and reason to believe that this is a credible eyewitness who will be needed for future prosecution. :moo:

Thank you. :)
But of course! Smacks my head! I didn't even think about a credible witness that will be needed for future prosecution. Makes sense.

I am no computer person so I don't understand it all but not only did you have the Jody A trial that was getting 1000+ people but apparantly the Botsma(sp?) case was drawing equal numbers, in addition to all the other posters/viewers on the other cases. Have no idea if that was part of the problem or not.

It was.

A few cases are really getting to me. It's so disturbing that these cases can't be solved and/or when LE truly clears someone they won't tell the public the reason why. Why hide the reason a husband or other likely person has been cleared? You'd think even the husband could announce why he was cleared. If it were me, I'd announce, LE saw my phone records, spoke to my mother (who I was with) and luckily I had paid by credit card when we were out to dinner together that night. We ate this and that and the waitress received her tip in cash - go ask her maybe she'll remember we sat at such and such a table. Since people who go missing are known about within a day or two, it shouldn't be too difficult for someone close to them to trace their own steps that day.

LE asks for the help of the public but they don't offer much in return. When we pay attention, we're getting into business that's not our business. So the 'what if it were your daughter', which is a great concern to citizens, isn't enough to make it our business too. We might spend hours and hours speculating about someone or some theory that LE has canned but they won't be specific or concrete as to why. To me that implies they keep the person on their radar regardless of what they tell us. BUT, I don't want to suspect people who are innocent. BUT, I want to know the reason why LE is positive they are (as in the case of other peeps who seem likely suspects too).

When the police ask for tips, what do they really want? Any theory, unless you know who did it, is only a theory or hunch or idea. When can anybody know if it's really relevant?

In this case, they go on and on about the vehicle and how they're going to share additional info about it soon. Then the next thing we know, we're told that that IS the vehicle but offered no reason why. It must be the vehicle they impounded then. That's the only conclusion I can draw. Why then can't they match it to a perp? Unless the vehicle is the one that was spotted in a parking lot without a license plate that several peeps reported over several days but, apparently, LE took their time going to check it out. If it is that van, then it may be they can't link it to a person? Any person? Then, LE clams up and won't tell the public what they have and/or why.

Some ws members are very detailed in what they want to know. I do not recall a roof rack on the video of the van. Can anyone put A photo of the hubcap up for us? I do not have any idea what they are like.

Hubcaps are so interchangeable. Roof racks-not as easy. However-these are peripherals and features only. Need to concentrate on the actual make/model/year.
Then the tedious task of narrowing from there.

How can it take a month to determine actual make and model? They must know this much by now, no? And if they do, they need to release the info. This case is getting kind of ridiculous, IMO.

A few cases are really getting to me. It's so disturbing that these cases can't be solved and/or when LE truly clears someone they won't tell the public the reason why. Why hide the reason a husband or other likely person has been cleared? You'd think even the husband could announce why he was cleared. If it were me, I'd announce, LE saw my phone records, spoke to my mother (who I was with) and luckily I had paid by credit card when we were out to dinner together that night. We ate this and that and the waitress received her tip in cash - go ask her maybe she'll remember we sat at such and such a table. Since people who go missing are known about within a day or two, it shouldn't be too difficult for someone close to them to trace their own steps that day.

LE asks for the help of the public but they don't offer much in return. When we pay attention, we're getting into business that's not our business. So the 'what if it were your daughter', which is a great concern to citizens, isn't enough to make it our business too. We might spend hours and hours speculating about someone or some theory that LE has canned but they won't be specific or concrete as to why. To me that implies they keep the person on their radar regardless of what they tell us. BUT, I don't want to suspect people who are innocent. BUT, I want to know the reason why LE is positive they are (as in the case of other peeps who seem likely suspects too).

When the police ask for tips, what do they really want? Any theory, unless you know who did it, is only a theory or hunch or idea. When can anybody know if it's really relevant?

In this case, they go on and on about the vehicle and how they're going to share additional info about it soon. Then the next thing we know, we're told that that IS the vehicle but offered no reason why. It must be the vehicle they impounded then. That's the only conclusion I can draw. Why then can't they match it to a perp? Unless the vehicle is the one that was spotted in a parking lot without a license plate that several peeps reported over several days but, apparently, LE took their time going to check it out. If it is that van, then it may be they can't link it to a person? Any person? Then, LE clams up and won't tell the public what they have and/or why.

Yeah, I know exactly how you feel. You and I are mutually invested in a few ongoing cases. I have been following three, counting this one, from the beginnings, and it is like there just is NO movement in any of them. Poor Kelli Bordeaux has finally been declared dead just this week by the army. LE has no interest in the hubby although we have never heard he has officially been cleared, and the only person they do have interest in, they obviously have nothing on. Meanwhile, there is still no sign of Kelli some 14 months later. Terrilynn Monette left a New Orleans bar around 5am, alone and not followed, according to LE, and literally disappeared off the face of the earth. No sign of her or her car almost three months after her disappearance, and no obvious POI. And this case may be the most perplexing of all, because it seemed initially to be very solvable, and yet here we are, knowing little more than we knew a very few days after she disappeared. There just seems to be no end to these tragic cases, when almost all of these cases just need that one big break, a break that someone could provide. These young women need to be found. :(

ETA ...and don't even get me started on Brittany Drexel or Holly Bobo :(

I've had troubles for 3 days. But even before that, if I changed to a different section, I had to log back in. If I read too long and didn't move around much, I had to log back in. So there are issues.

I thought maybe there would be a press conference before the Memorial Day weekend/holiday......
I guess the public just has to go by what has been told already, which is the sketch and the van and if anyone has seen Jessica since she was abducted.

I feel your frustration, too. All of us here on Websleuths want to help, and I wish there would be more information available for us to digest, and come up with more thoughts and brainstorming, so that that one clue could be found and hence Jessica would be found.

Steve and Woe-I admire your 'grace under fire' because it is true what you both have stated.
Very frustrating.....onto disheartening. Yet I see such good ideas to keep her in the fore of the news.

Let's keep going.

I think LE has a real issue in handling MP cases across the board. They seem to be so used to holding back info from dealing with normal criminal cases, that they tend to go overboard in keeping things quiet in missing persons cases, when the most important part is to FIND THE PERSON. Everything else can come later, i.e evidence, court worries, etc.

All known info should be released, IMO. The countless cases run by closed-mouthed LEA's are getting nowhere. Months pass and turn into years pretty quickly.

Too much held back, too much secrecy, IMO, due to the cult of secrecy being a LE characteristic. But it does not work in these cases.

Fox17online.com/2013/05/24/four-weeks-and-still-no-sign-of-jessica-heeringa/#axzz2UGRk6iVd

"Four weeks after the disappearance of Jessica Heeringa and Norton Shores Police Chief Daniel Shaw says they’ve received thousands of tips. Chief Shaw says, “We don’t count all of the duplicates but if I were to say all of the ones that have been logged into our system… we’ve probably gotten close to 2,000 tips.” "

Read more: http://fox17online.com/2013/05/24/four-weeks-and-still-no-sign-of-jessica-heeringa/#ixzz2UGS6SeVB

Who cares how many tips you have received?? I hate when LE starts with the number of tips announcements, this drive me crazy in Kyron's case, as if they were so proud to have over 3500 tips leading nowhere...

Who cares how many tips you have received?? I hate when LE starts with the number of tips announcements, this drive me crazy in Kyron's case, as if they were so proud to have over 3500 tips leading nowhere...

Maybe they say this, so the public knows that they are still working on the case, because there are still no recent press conferences??

Imagine being abducted. You pray that someone has witnessed it, and will call 911, give a description of the abductor, a description on the vehicle, and that the vehicle will show up on surveillance cameras. You are being driven away, hoping and praying for someone, anyone to help you.

Instead, the witness who saw the abductor and vehicle didn't report it until 1 (or 2?) days after the fact. And the cameras which recorded the vehicle were 2 miles away, and apparently useless.

A witness. A sketch. A known vehicle. And no help for Jessica.

Imagine if it were you.

Imagine being abducted. You pray that someone has witnessed it, and will call 911, give a description of the abductor, a description on the vehicle, and that the vehicle will show up on surveillance cameras. You are being driven away, hoping and praying for someone, anyone to help you.

Instead, the witness who saw the abductor and vehicle didn't report it until 1 (or 2?) days after the fact. And the cameras which recorded the vehicle were 2 miles away, and apparently useless.

A witness. A sketch. A known vehicle. And no help for Jessica.

Imagine if it were you.

And even the 911 call shortly after Jessica was abducted, doesn't seem to help because the police were there quickly.....

Some phone calls to the Exxon station would fly under the radar whether to Jessica or to someone else while she was there.... That's about all I can say given what I am allowed to say. JUST NY OPINION

I hope that LE has analyzed phone calls, emails, social media posts, etc. of Jessica's for several days prior to her abduction. In other abduction/kidnapping cases that I've followed it seems that the 72 hours prior to the incident are often significant, i.e. suspicious persons or vehicles seen near the site of the abduction, an altercation with the individual or a family member of the victim, etc. I also hope that they have investigated phone logs of the Exxon station to see who called the station while Jessica was working or if Jessica made outgoing calls during her shifts. :moo:

http://fox17online.com/2013/05/24/the-latest-on-jessica-heeringa-investigation/#axzz2UJ5jRlj2
The Latest On Jessica Heeringa Investigation
.– It was 4 weeks ago Friday, Jessica Heeringa went missing. She was working the late shift at the Exxon mobile gas station in Norton Shores when police say she was abducted. Investigators have been working around the clock, pouring over thousands of tips but still no sign of the missing mother.
Norton Shores Police Chief Daniel Shaw says they continue to take it day by day, tip by tip.Shaw says they are just forging ahead and every morning they come in, they rededicate themselves to this case.

Read more: http://fox17online.com/2013/05/24/the-latest-on-jessica-heeringa-investigation/#ixzz2UJ6CHsSC

Some phone calls to the Exxon station would fly under the radar whether to Jessica or to someone else while she was there.... That's about all I can say given what I am allowed to say. JUST NY OPINION

What if someone was trying to find out if Jessica was working a particular shift? If the person knew the sound of her voice, this individual might say, "Sorry, I must have the wrong number" or simply hang up after Jessica has answered the phone, but he now knows that she's there. Phone logs during Jessica's shift the night she went missing seem important to me because the perp might have called the gas station earlier to see if Jessica was there.

Jessica didn't have a cell phone with her that night and might not have had it while working other shifts, either. She probably made some outgoing calls and/or received personal calls at the Exxon station, so I think it's important to find out who she might have spoken with while she was working. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88