General Discussion and Theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay...I have a train of thought going here ...but I was looking for some answers to some questions...& I can't find through ALL the different threads here on TB...anything that states exactly what I'm looking for...

What I have read & understood so far is...the suspects apparently met with seller #1 on the Sunday the 5th ...at an industrial area/sellers workplace? Walked to the site...that is correct yes?

What I've been wondering about is...where was it reported *link if possible to verification/report from LE/witness statement?* that they walked up to the Bosma house...Has that been absolutely confirmed that they walked up to the house and did not drive up? If someone could point me to that being stated ...I would appreciate it! :) Then I can piece together this train of thought that has been worrying at me all week! ;) Thank you!

I can't answer your question about where it was first reported that they walked up to the Bosma house (although I did read that as well in one of the articles) but all along I keep asking myself "who walks up to a business in an industrial area?"

I suppose if you didn't have a vehicle and you were serious about the potential purchase you'd take a bus or cab or if you lived close by you'd walk but that doesn't really fit with DM and SM.

It hasn't been reported otherwise but I'm going to assume they approached the industrial area the exact same way on the Sunday, that they did the Bosma house on the Monday. Either they parked out of sight and walked up, or the third person who was also with them the following day was waiting in the vehicle parked out of sight. From all I've read it even seemed a bit sketchy to the guy who placed the ad, that these guys approached on foot.

I can't answer your question about where it was first reported that they walked up to the Bosma house (although I did read that as well in one of the articles) but all along I keep asking myself "who walks up to a business in an industrial area?"

I suppose if you didn't have a vehicle and you were serious about the potential purchase you'd take a bus or cab or if you lived close by you'd walk but that doesn't really fit with DM and SM.

It hasn't been reported otherwise but I'm going to assume they approached the industrial area the exact same way on the Sunday, that they did the Bosma house on the Monday. Either they parked out of sight and walked up, or the third person who was also with them the following day was waiting in the vehicle parked out of sight. From all I've read it even seemed a bit sketchy to the guy who placed the ad, that these guys approached on foot.

Didn't Tim's wife state(at the memorial service) that(to paraphrase her) that day, the devil walked up my drive, smiled at me and took my Tim?

Thanks for the new 'generic' TB thread bessie.

I'm hoping that we hear news soon that suspect #3 is caught (or found, if he/she is not alive). I don't really think that they're dead but instead presume that they are out of the country and have border services on the lookout in case they come back.

Yes...my thoughts too in regards to 'walking' up to a business in an industrial area...in fact the owner/seller thought it strange as well IIRC...

The problem I have with the 'walking' up to the Bosma's house is this...they are pretty rural...I think in fact they are a good 5km to the edge of town *Ancaster*...who would do that? I am from a rural background..& and I would be very uncomfortable with someone just appearing out of nowhere at my home...
Now...I understand *I hope this is correct* that they *the suspects* had had some contact over the phone with TB...and possibly he knew they were coming....but my first thought would be...if they were on foot...."where's your car?" I'd find that VERY fishy....

So...I wanted a verified report/link/statement that they did in fact walk up to the house rather than drive....before I go spouting off my theory I have... Just something that was said in the last press conference that got me thinking about a couple things....I will elaborate once I have something to back up my 'theory'....if that makes sense :)

Didn't Tim's wife state(at the memorial service) that(to paraphrase her) that day, the devil walked up my drive, smiled at me and took my Tim?

I watched the service live online & it was just heartbreaking...the entire service... :(

I found the quote from the service by SB...

"During the service, she said the day Tim went missing, “the devil led the vilest form of evil down my driveway, and it smiled at me before taking Tim away from me

http://www.570news.com/2013/05/22/memorial-service-underway-for-tim-bosma/

Im searching for the article I read that said The two men were dropped off by a 3rd vehicle and were supposed to be taken to Tim Hortons. All i can find is the statement "Believed to be dropped off...."

I watched the service live online & it was just heartbreaking...the entire service... :(

I found the quote from the service by SB...

"During the service, she said the day Tim went missing, “the devil led the vilest form of evil down my driveway, and it smiled at me before taking Tim away from me

http://www.570news.com/2013/05/22/memorial-service-underway-for-tim-bosma/

Yes, very sad and a senseless act. I can tell you from experience, and the LE won't admit it publicly, but this is personal to them.

These are the cases you don't need a rest or a break on, you just keep driving and pushing until there is nothing left to investigate.

I am fairly certain that in initial reports made when Tim went missing it stated that the perps were on foot.. I will search for a link.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...is-key-to-mans-disappearance/article11824693/

This one says they appeared on her doorstep.

http://metronews.ca/news/hamilton/674469/tim-bosma-murder-six-unanswered-questions/

This one says they arrived on foot.

Thank you appleeye! Even tho...this blows my theory right out of the water but THANK YOU! :)

Im searching for the article I read that said The two men were dropped off by a 3rd vehicle and were supposed to be taken to Tim Hortons. All i can find is the statement "Believed to be dropped off...."

Yes...I found that on my searching this morning too ...'believed to be'...I bookmarked it anyways for future reference...I didn't want to link to it just in case it was just 'talk'... :)

Also...in my searching this morning...I happened upon this article:

http://globalnews.ca/news/545030/man-disappears-after-test-drive-with-interested-truck-buyers/

"Customers looking to contact sellers on classified sites such as Kijiji generally have to e-mail the seller, police said at a press conference Wednesday.
But Bosma had put his phone number on the classified ad websites, allowing him to be contacted directly.
As a result, police were not able to glean any information from the website’s e-mail records."

BBM

Hadn't there been some discussion where Kijiji said there wasn't any personal info on TB's ad? I recall a few people from here at WS saying they had seen it there too before the ad was gone? Just found this very interesting as it seems the above information was from LE...that he HAD his # on there...

I don't recall *but I could be behind in that regard..I'm catching up as we speak!* hearing about video surveillance on the property...but I do remember in the earlier threads reading *can't remember where but maybe someone can verify this for me* that there was video surveillance in Brantford...but they didn't say where in Brantford...just that it was assumed? it was his truck...followed by another vehicle...about 10:10 pm? I know they were asking for anyone with information or had seen the vehicles about that time until about 10:30? to contact police... :)

There was that as well, but there was something saying they had video surveillance of the truck being followed by another vehicle (didn't specify it was from TB's house). The way it was worded gave the impression that the video surveillance was from when they left, not when they got to Brantford.

Hope I'm quoting this right:
"as video evidence shows another vehicle following Bosma's pickup truck when he left on the test drive, Kavanagh said"

That's from this article:
http://www2.canada.com/windsorstar/news/story.html?id=c2b46b7b-5944-4c2b-8881-55bc51676ff5

Also...in my searching this morning...I happened upon this article:

http://globalnews.ca/news/545030/man-disappears-after-test-drive-with-interested-truck-buyers/

"Customers looking to contact sellers on classified sites such as Kijiji generally have to e-mail the seller, police said at a press conference Wednesday.
But Bosma had put his phone number on the classified ad websites, allowing him to be contacted directly.
As a result, police were not able to glean any information from the website’s e-mail records."

BBM

Hadn't there been some discussion where Kijiji said there wasn't any personal info on TB's ad? I recall a few people from here at WS saying they had seen it there too before the ad was gone? Just found this very interesting as it seems the above information was from LE...that he HAD his # on there...

The early reports did in fact say that he had his phone number on the ad. Kijiji responded by saying it wasn't through their site that he was contacted because according to their records, no one responded to his ad nor did he provide any personal contact info. No one responded, meaning, no one clicked on the ad and contacted him via kijiji's option to contact the poster of the ad.

However (and I only know this because I also use kijiji) if a seller puts their number on there, as LE stated TB did, all you have to do is click and it shows the contact number. You never have to use the "contact this seller" or message the seller through the service. All you have to do is write down the phone number.

There were a few screenshots in early MSM articles showing the original ad and the phone number was in fact on there. Here's kijiji's actual statement:

http://kijijiblog.ca/online-safety/

Wasn't there also an ad on Autotrader?
On Autotrader.ca is looks like everyone puts their phone number for contact.

Wasn't there also an ad on Autotrader?
On Autotrader.ca is looks like everyone puts their phone number for contact.
yes everyone jumped to the conclusion that he was found through Kijiji but he also had an ad in auto trader..so its possible they found him on there.

yes everyone jumped to the conclusion that he was found through Kijiji but he also had an ad in auto trader..so its possible they found him on there.

It was said by the family and friends right after he went missing that he was contacted because of the Kijiji ad. My guess is that that info comes right from SB. She would more than likely know that the guys coming to test drive the truck were through Kijiji, as TB would have mentioned that. Or said, "There are two guys answering my Autotrader ad coming to see the truck tonight", if that had been the case. IMO

It was said by the family and friends right after he went missing that he was contacted because of the Kijiji ad. My guess is that that info comes right from SB. She would more than likely know that the guys coming to test drive the truck were through Kijiji, as TB would have mentioned that. Or said, "There are two guys answering my Autotrader ad coming to see the truck tonight", if that had been the case. IMO

People also use some terms interchangeably. Someone might say 'a couple of guys are coming over about the truck on Kijiji' and that might be a blanket statement about the truck ad -- on both Kijiji and Autotrader. I'm certainly guilty of this when I tell someone that I'm answering an ad for Kijiji. I sometimes say 'Kijiji' when I really meant to say 'Craigslist' and vice versa.

There was a statement made by Kijiji saying that the meeting did not arise as a result of the ad. I believe they said DM did not view the ad. However that was before the arrest of MS.

Lori McA I would love to hear your theory anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288