SIDEBAR #6- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many many years ago, a police officer called my mother's house to say that he was holding my brother in protective custody to stop him from jumping on the subway tracks and killing himself. I went to help my brother and met this officer.

A nightmare day and night later, this officer called and wanted to speak to me. He told me that my brother had said a lot to him, that he wanted to help me, and that hearing what my brother had told him would help me. I said yes, of course.

I thought it was a little strange that he asked me to come to his house rather than the police station, but he explained he was helping me on his own time. I went to his house. I was stressed to the point of breaking down myself. I needed answers. He opened the door and within 20 minutes I was being raped.

Was it my fault that I trusted him? Was it my fault that he chose me because I was the perfect victim-vulnerable in a thousand ways? That until that exact day I believed all people are inherently good and that even if they made really huge mistakes, they should be forgiven, because compassion should always trump anger?

No. It was the rapist's fault for raping me. And it was the killer who killed Travis, a man who very much wanted to live more and longer and better, and who was in no way whatsoever responsible for his own death.

I am so sorry Hope4More that you had to go through such a horrendous experience. Hugs and prayers to you. Thankfully you lived to talk about it. You don't forget such an act and I just hope you are Ok. Thank you for sharing with us.

I was the victim of a crime once, not as horrid as yours, but enough to make me have a difference sense about things. Once you have been violated you do have a heightened perspective on some things.. I really feel bad for the Alexander's when they are faced with this reality every day. And when they have to fight for dignity for Travis and themselves - it is an extra burden sometimes too hard to bear. I hope knowing we are on their side helps them.

Take care Hope4More.

Where U surprised when the jury came back as "hung?" Thank you. #jodiarias
Expand

Tara Kelley Tara Kelley ‏@tarakelley320 1m
yes and no!! I had doubts but I also had faith! It was very devastating:/

(((Hope4More))) I want to tell you how sorry I am that this happened to you. I enjoy reading your posts so much and I just want to thank you for being here - it's members like you that help make all of us better people!

Many many years ago, a police officer called my mother's house to say that he was holding my brother in protective custody to stop him from jumping on the subway tracks and killing himself. I went to help my brother and met this officer.

A nightmare day and night later, this officer called and wanted to speak to me. He told me that my brother had said a lot to him, that he wanted to help me, and that hearing what my brother had told him would help me. I said yes, of course.

I thought it was a little strange that he asked me to come to his house rather than the police station, but he explained he was helping me on his own time. I went to his house. I was stressed to the point of breaking down myself. I needed answers. He opened the door and within 20 minutes I was being raped.

Was it my fault that I trusted him? Was it my fault that he chose me because I was the perfect victim-vulnerable in a thousand ways? That until that exact day I believed all people are inherently good and that even if they made really huge mistakes, they should be forgiven, because compassion should always trump anger?

No. It was the rapist's fault for raping me. And it was the killer who killed Travis, a man who very much wanted to live more and longer and better, and who was in no way whatsoever responsible for his own death.

I put my phone in the fridge and spent 3 hours :scared: before ..alas I found it...:blushing:

I made a cake during the trial and forgot to add any eggs. It took me hours to even figure out what went wrong. :giggle: Yeah, I ate it all anyways.

I'm asking about the documentary, not the movie. It aired Wednesday.

I didn't pay 100% attention but I did watch it. I didn't see anything new but I will say this, I have seen the autopsy photos before but I was disgusted that they had put them in that lifetime show. jmo

I don't like to quote my own posts ... but I am posting a snippet from one of my previous posts :

I am just hearing the latest news about the jurors doing interviews next week, and I have no doubt that that decision was made by the foreman ..

I do NOT understand WHY no other juror has come forward to set the record straight !

MOO MOO and MOO !

:twocents: I do NOT like this jury foreman at all !

DGC! :seeya:

Check out juror 17's twitter posts. So comforting! She's on Travis' side!

It would be a good idea to leave out the alternates too since they didn't spend one minute diliberations.

haha...Thanks for reminding me that no. 17 is an alternate. I totally forgot and was like, wow, she's got a lot to say in an informal unfiltered environment like twitter.

I love these...they give me the warm and fuzzies...

Omigosh. This is going to be hell on earth whether it's DP/LWOP. It is going to be torture. Travis went through several minutes of a horrible death, but she is gonna have to pay it all back in spades. She is going to suffer the rest of her life .. and to think she might have shown sincere remorse and begged for her life and could have made the outcome better for herself ... well .. she made that decision and decided to go "on tour" looking all "made-up and beautiful" (in her own mind). That will all come back to haunt her.

She might not even get DP in the next round ... but she is not looking forward to a very good life. In fact, it will kill her in one way or another.

I have decided to let go of the "jury" thing ... I just feel good that she is going to have a horrific existence from here to eternity. I feel good about that. I'm sure she feels "regret" .. but she feels no "remorse" .. too bad she can't "feel" anything human.

Just an after thought ... juror #18 what were you thinking. You should have excused yourself. You did not deliberate. JMO If there was EVER a case that deserved the DP ... well ... this was IT!!

Tara...I want to say I appreciate your duty and always loved the fact that you wore stilettos to court!:)
Expand

lol thank u! I have talked to his sister tanisha and she said she always noticed my shoes lol!!

I think your question caused all of #jodiarias subsequent migraines!
Expand

yeah too bad I still had to go when I had migraines!

DGC! :seeya:

Check out juror 17's twitter posts. So comforting! She's on Travis' side!

:seeya: Thank You, Rose ! I'm trying to get caught up and every time I go to sleep, something happens ... lol !

Yes ... it's :great: to hear from a juror on Travis' side !

I have been waiting for this since jury foreman started "foaming from the mouth" !

Finally, some GOOD NEWS !

Oh, Hope! I wish I could hug you.
NO!!! It was never your fault.
I slept with my sociopath one too many times and got pregnant. Fault, no it wasn't my fault that my sociopath sent a stuffed animal dog with a shoestring tied around its neck. It wasn't my fault that he tormented me for months (yes, I learned too late), and it wasn't my fault (though, blame myself I did) that my daughter died in utero, just like that dog, with the umbilical cord wrapped around her tiny neck. The kicker, when people found out my daughter died, they thought maybe it was "best" that she wasn't born considering who her father was. That whole blessing in disguise BS. We can't stop people from not truly understanding...we can only bear witness.
My heart aches for you. Bless you for giving so much of yourself to other victims.
oxoxoxox

(((((RR0004))))) Good God! I'm so sorry.

Your statement that I bolded ... it's part of why we're all here, right?

To hold vigil until it's finally safe, for as long as that takes.

(((((RR0004)))))

Listen to his tone and facial expression when he says that he is sorry if Travis' family is disappointed with the verdict.

Could.not.be.more.nonchalant

I have owned my own business for years and at one point had a staff of just under 50. Hiring people was the most important thing I did and over the years I could tell pretty quickly who was trustworthy and who wasn't. No, I haven't met the foreman in person, but it didn't take too long for me to not trust this guy. (all due respect)

Was on the phone yesterday while putting away groceries... Was stomping around 30 minutes later trying to find my iphone ... Then I heard it ringing ... inside the fridge.

ETA ... Do we have a Mentalpause forum here?

A few weeks ago I was grocery shopping and took a pound package of cheese from the shelf and put it directly into my purse. I'm convinced it was because it had the same general shape and weight as my wallet -- so into the purse it must go :blushing: Luckily my dd was with me and was like, mom, wth are you DOING!? She's still chuckling about it. My story is that I'm very, very busy and distracted a lot of the time. I'm sticking with that.

I think your question caused all of #jodiarias subsequent migraines!
Expand

yeah too bad I still had to go when I had migraines!

:seeya: gauntlet,

:tyou: Thank you so much for posting these tweets !

:seeya:

Alt Juror #17 was still in court and viewed all the actions that transpired. IMO her voice is importatnt. The foreman obviously renegged on his agreement with them all to wait until Tuesday..Alt juror # 17 is a breath of fresh air after the rather 1 sided " opinions" from Juror 18 ..IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken