SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just can't imagine that. the DT has to know both those witnesses went over like the proverbial turd in a punchbowl. but what else can they do? they're stuck with the case they put on, claiming PTSD and DV, aren't they?

or this time, since the BPD seemed to resonate, will they go that route? if so, i hope we see dr. de marte again.

I loved Dr. DeMarte, but I bet Mr. Foreman considered her too young and inexperienced to be believed over the 65 yo ALV and the even older Dr. Geffner. I think the DT tried to get as many oldsters on the panel as possible. One ended up an alternate, but iirc there are a couple more yet unheard from. FWIW, I'm an oldster too.

Mulling over the solitary confinement issue here. :blushing: seems cruel and unusual to me. Is there an actual written procedure/purpose in prison law that warrants it? if there is a problem with socializing, then they could be put in solitary for a while. i must be a liberal, but i think incarceration/lack of freedom is enough punishment for any prisoner. besides, they are highly controlled in every other area of their lives. They shower,dress, eat, sleep, awaken when their told. i say if she likes to paint, so what let her, what would it hurt? never getting out is enough. i can't fathom never getting out, it must be horrific even tho well deserved. let her be comfortable, she's going to stay a while.

Well, that's 50% of the women that voted for the DP. Yes, it's funny that the one that Jean C thought was having a problem with the DP.....didn't! Wouldn't be surprised if only one woman couldn't vote for death.

Maureen said the State proved its case so she voted for the DP. Period!

Think/do the opposite of whatever Jean says and we'll be fine...

Mulling over the solitary confinement issue here. :blushing: seems cruel and unusual to me. Is there an actual written procedure/purpose in prison law that warrants it? if there is a problem with socializing, then they could be put in solitary for a while. i must be a liberal, but i think incarceration/lack of freedom is enough punishment for any prisoner. besides, they are highly controlled in every other area of their lives. They shower,dress, eat, sleep, awaken when their told. i say if she likes to paint, so what let her, what would it hurt? never getting out is enough. i can't fathom never getting out, it must be horrific even tho well deserved. let her be comfortable, she's going to stay a while.

Nope. You have to confine those that are dangerous to others. She is classified as such now. It is legal, and really, in her case, it is just fine. It is not okay if you keep someone in the hole that is not in jail for dangerous reasons for over whatever X amount of hours. JA is there, and really needs to stay there. If you were in jail with her, hiding razors and pencils already, would you want to take the chance on being shanked?

From that same article: "The facts prove that life in prison without the possibility of parole (LWOP) is swift, severe, and certain punishment. The reality is that people sentenced to LWOP have been condemned to die in prison and that’s what happens: They die in prison of natural causes, just like the majority of people sentenced to death.
Prisoners condemned to die in prison are not given any special treatment and, in fact, have less access to programs than other prisoners. They are housed in high security facilities with few privileges, far away from any relatives, and in crowded group cells. Ironically, people on death row are provided much more comfortable single cells and sometimes gain celebrity and attention just by being there."

Alyce 2.0
Samuel 2.0
Jodi 6.0

Jodi in various interviews has leaked a bit of new info. She claims she is "remembering" more....but was pretty "vague" when the reporters asked her about it.

Things she will remember: Where the knife was.
What she did with the knife.

I'd like Juan to find out: More about her time at the beauty salon. What was on Jodi's computer. Travis' banking records. More about Jodi's paychecks and banking records in May. Where is Matt. Where is Bobby. And what about that remote at Darryl's house.

Bobby is in Honolulu, HI doing bit parts as an actor. You can google him and get some hits on him. IIRC, people say that he hates CKJA.

I'm on board with your other points. Some I'd add are:

• How did CKJA pull this whole thing off? It really boggles the imagination. From the murder to the cleanup itself, that had to be a frenetic time period. As Martinez pointed out, there was no blood in the bedroom or stairs.
  • Did she melt down in court days after the guilty verdict, leading to closed confinement at Estrella?
  • My two biggest questions, which will never be answered, are 1) what caused Travis to explode on May 26 and 2) when and how did CKJA gain access to Travis's home on June 4th?

JA is no more dangerous than any other killer who we know truly did commit the crime and has been convicted of it. They're ALL dangerous. That's why they are where they are. Is someone who stabs 98 times "more" dangerous than someone who stabs 27 times? How about someone who shoots 3 times? Are they less dangerous than someone who bludgeons? At some point it gets to be a ridiculous argument.

JA is as dangerous as the others. She will be well-controlled in prison. She didn't kill anyone in Estrella and that's been 5 years. The rest of this is people imagining and fantasizing what they think her life will be like.

The obsession with JA continues all the way past the prison doors. "It's not enough that her life is over and she'll live in a box. Nohhh, not enough! Make her sufferrrrrr every minute of every day!" To that sentiment, if JA's day-to-day and minute-by-minute existence in prison in the future is that important then she's gotten into each person's psyche.

And for those who argue the other inmates aren't 'safe,' please. No one here was worried about these inmates before. JA will be just another inmate and subject to the same controls and limitations.

Jurors are now saying they liked each other and coalesced.

Maybe this is what worked against true deliberations.

No one wanted to confront or discuss differing opinions. I know "confront" is not a word that is used as instruction ....but to confront un-objective thinking. It bothered me that they said they followed the law, but only spent 2 days discussing a long trial. Didn't they review the evidence? Two days is just not enough time. imo

:seeya:

Trying to catch up again!!!!!

Bringing over some posts from previous thread.....sorry I had to c&p and it didn't catch whose post this is...sorry...

I think she treated him like an object - an object to give her kids, a house, and family life. She didn't care what was inside his soul. It's exactly like his said - dildo with a heartbeat. Except she didn't really want him for the sex, the sex was just a means to her end...the end being the house, kids, and family life, oh and money too. And the fake-attention to him was also the means to this end. Everything was fake. Everything was for her one goal: to fulfill the image she had in her imagination of what she wanted her life to be like.

He did not treat her like an object, IMO. He did not fake his feelings for her, whether in good times or bad. He did not lavish her with fake attention. He was real with her. When he talked to her on the phone, he was real. When he let her borrow his car, he was real. When he let her enter his house whenver she wanted and make herself at home in HIS house, he was real. When he went on trips with her, he was real. When he listened to her never-ending drama on the phone, he was real and his listening and attentivenes were real. When he offered her advice, it was real. WHen he loaned her money, it was for a real purpose to help her. When he let her come into his life and introduced her to his friends, it was real.

I feel strongly, very strongly, that Travis cared for JA on a very human level. I firmly firmly believe that if they had stopped having a sexual relationship, he would have stayed friends with her and helped her and cared about her. Genuine care, not fake like CMJA's "care."

No, they did not treat each other as objects. The objectification was only one-way...from CMJA to Travis.

ITA..I doubt she ever loved him, bc I don't think she's capable of that emotion.

I also agree with others who have said that Juan must try to get in more info regarding her stalking, and abusive behavior. Idk how he can accomplish this, but I hope he can. It's possible that her post verdict interviews could prove helpful, if for no other reason, they clearly refute the idea that JA is some poor, cowering, blameless victim. Quite the opposite in these interviews, and one of her more telling answers was with regard to, "if I had to I would kill again." I'd love to hear what the jurors would have to say after watching these interviews, and learning the details of how they came about.

Loved the abc interview with the 3 pro DP jurors. However I was annoyed by how the reporter set it up, saying how difficult it was for them to deliberate the penalty phase for the accused. Uhm, no, she wasn't accused at that point, she is a convicted killer now, and he should have characterized her as such!!:stormingmad:

I loved Dr. DeMarte, but I bet Mr. Foreman considered her too young and inexperienced to be believed over the 65 yo ALV and the even older Dr. Geffner. I think the DT tried to get as many oldsters on the panel as possible. One ended up an alternate, but iirc there are a couple more yet unheard from. FWIW, I'm an oldster too.

i don't know the demographics in AZ, but i have been there several times since i have a friend who was in prescott for 15 years. there are a LOT of older people there----has to be more than many other states, i would think. it's a huge retirement mecca and snowbirds also go there for the winter.

i don't know what he thought about dr. demarte, but then....i don't really care. LOL. i thought she was an excellent witness. maybe the DT will use geffner this next time and try going the 'personality disorder' route.

I don't recall beans with any of the breakfasts, but if they had been offered, I doubt that either DH or I would have eaten beans for breakfast. Please don't ask me to tell you why ;) :lol:

:floorlaugh: I'm just pulling on Gauntlet's tail. At some point it shall become glaringly obvious to her that my knowledge of English cuisine is largely the product of my love for Keeping up Appearances, Are you Being Seved? and Only Fools and Horses. At that point, she will probably snaffle my keyboard to prevent further injury to the English nation.

Maureen said the State proved its case so she voted for the DP. Period!

Think/do the opposite of whatever Jean says and we'll be fine...

The one who looked like Jodi's Mom was in the death penalty camp....Truer words were never spoken... See my crossed arms and look of defiance? ;)

:floorlaugh: I'm just pulling on Gauntlet's tail. At some point it shall become glaringly obvious to her that my knowledge of English cuisine is largely the product of my love for Keeping up Appearances, Are you Being Seved? and Only Fools and Horses. At that point, she will probably snaffle my keyboard to prevent further injury to the English nation.

Do you have HBO, sleuth? If so ...try to catch Family Tree. tonight... I think right up your alley!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500