SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be good with this:

chocolate-fountain.jpg

Morning all! As much as discussion can get heated~ I still believe there will be ultimate Justice for Travis. :angel:

Continue discussion here...

fruit-display.jpg
link

IMO, Juan wanted to delve into her tax returns to show that there might not have been a need for the killer to have two bank accts. I don't think she made any money from ppl, I think she even admitted that on the stand.
Maybe the second acct was new just for her killing?

If it was in her name that wouldn't be very smart, but I don't think anything she has done qualifies as "smart".

Does anyone want to take a stab at guessing the 4 jurors who voted for life (is this allowed), I have some thoughts but didn't want to get a time out.

The day they called a mistrial I watched them getting on the bus. I think it's 3 males and 1 female..

-2nd juror to get on the bus, woman in white smiling, the foreman, and older bald male in dark blue shirt. Based solely on their body language. Out of all the jurors they seem to be in the best of spirits given the circumstances, while the rest either look PO'ed, or like they are carrying the weight of the world on them.

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2405490606001#top

Does anyone want to take a stab at guessing the 4 jurors who voted for life (is this allowed), I have some thoughts but didn't want to get a time out.

I don't see why not as long as we don't debate stuff like boxers/tighty whitey/thong/granny panty .... I think we should be alright... don't you?

:seeya: Good morning!

When I used the term "sacred sex"; I just meant how Jodi viewed it with Travis, that's all.

Sacred in Jodi'e eyes, hence, "If I can't have you, no one else will."

"Sacred: Holiness, or sanctity, is in general the state of being holy (perceived by religious individuals as associated with the divine)[1] or sacred (considered worthy of spiritual respect or devotion; or inspiring awe or reverence among believers in a given set of spiritual ideas).[2] In other contexts, "objects are often considered 'holy' or 'sacred' if used for spiritual purposes",[3] such as the worship or service of gods. These terms can also be used in a non-spiritual or semi-spiritual context ("sacred truths" in a constitution).[4] It is often ascribed to people ("a holy man" of religious occupation, "holy prophet" who is venerated by his followers), objects ("sacred artifact" that is venerated and blessed ),[5] times ("holy days" of spiritual introspection, such as during winter holidays),[6] or places ("sacred ground", "holy place").[7]"

:floorlaugh:

And I have learned things on this board I could have happily lived the rest of my life without ever knowing or understanding. :floorlaugh:

That's a perfect example of a place that does them right. New Orleans style BBQ shrimp aren't actually cooked on a grill though—BBQ describes the sauce.

It's all about the sauce..gets under the shrimp shells..really really good

I'll start the fire late tonight though and throw a 14 pound brisket on to eat tomorrow

JA is no more dangerous than any other killer who we know truly did commit the crime and has been convicted of it. They're ALL dangerous. That's why they are where they are. Is someone who stabs 98 times "more" dangerous than someone who stabs 27 times? How about someone who shoots 3 times? Are they less dangerous than someone who bludgeons? At some point it gets to be a ridiculous argument.

JA is as dangerous as the others. She will be well-controlled in prison. She didn't kill anyone in Estrella and that's been 5 years. The rest of this is people imagining and fantasizing what they think her life will be like.

The obsession with JA continues all the way past the prison doors. "It's not enough that her life is over and she'll live in a box. Nohhh, not enough! Make her sufferrrrrr every minute of every day!" To that sentiment, if JA's day-to-day and minute-by-minute existence in prison in the future is that important then she's gotten into each person's psyche.

And for those who argue the other inmates aren't 'safe,' please. No one here was worried about these inmates before. JA will be just another inmate and subject to the same controls and limitations.

Regarding Jodi's stay at Estrella and the fact that she hasn't killed anyone there.....Miss CM was biding her time, thinking she had a chance at a manslaughter conviction with time served. She wasn't going to screw that up, so she tried to behave. She did have infractions though. CM got a rude awakening with the M1 conviction. When that sunk in, she was seething. That's why she ended up at the psych ward and is now in closed custody.

:floorlaugh: I bet that Jodi is double-jointed and that ring finger injury is fake.

Was the bloody palm print a combination of JA and TA's blood. If so I think she cut her fingers when using the knife to kill TA. Whe had band aids on her fingers when she was at BH's. I think. jmo

Quite honestly, I find solitary confinement to be cruel and usual -thinking for myself - I would probably lose my mind. I am sadly happy (does that make sense?) that JA will have that, but it is not a good time for anyone, and JA deserves it!

It is cruel and unusual. Anyone in solitary loses their mind eventually. It makes me sick that my country that used to chastise other countries decades ago for this type of punishment now finds it acceptable to do it and does. Same thing with torture. The US imprisoned the Japanese after WWII for waterboarding prisoners as it was torture and then decided more recently that suddenly it no longer was and do it as well. The only thing that disgusts me more than our having Gitmo is that we still do. The US is fast becoming a third world country in every way.

"You can judge a nation by the way it treats its most vulnerable citizens." ~ Aristotle

It is cruel and unusual. Anyone in solitary loses their mind eventually. It makes me sick that my country that used to chastise other countries decades ago for this type of punishment now finds it acceptable to do it and does. Same thing with torture. The US imprisoned the Japanese after WWII for waterboarding prisoners as it was torture and then decided more recently that suddenly it no longer was and do it as well. The only thing that disgusts me more than our having Gitmo is that we still do. The US is fast becoming a third world country in every way.

"You can judge a nation by the way it treats its most vulnerable citizens." ~ Aristotle

That was not my point. I think JA needs it. I've been around enough criminals via work to know. She qualifies for it. I do not, the rest of us probably do not, that was my reasoning. Some people are walking time bombs.

For her "photography" business. sure.

It's possible Jodi made fake accounts with PPL and Travis was going to get pinned for it.

I still wanna know why a taco waitress needed a separate business account....

I'm making an educated guess (or not) that Mr Ponytail who wanted to be left alone voted for death. Don't throw rotten tomatoes at me if I'm wrong!

can they not have a juror thread? I would be most interested in jurors and media related to jurors at this point.

The day they called a mistrial I watched them getting on the bus. I think it's 3 males and 1 female..

-2nd juror to get on the bus, woman in white smiling, the foreman, and older bald male in dark blue shirt. Based solely on their body language. Out of all the jurors they seem to be in the best of spirits given the circumstances, while the rest either look PO'ed, or like they are carrying the weight of the world on them.

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2405490606001#top

Interesting Breezy, because I think the same thing on the split;

Bill
Neil
Church Lady
Willie

From that same article: "The facts prove that life in prison without the possibility of parole (LWOP) is swift, severe, and certain punishment. The reality is that people sentenced to LWOP have been condemned to die in prison and that’s what happens: They die in prison of natural causes, just like the majority of people sentenced to death.
Prisoners condemned to die in prison are not given any special treatment and, in fact, have less access to programs than other prisoners. They are housed in high security facilities with few privileges, far away from any relatives, and in crowded group cells. Ironically, people on death row are provided much more comfortable single cells and sometimes gain celebrity and attention just by being there."

Comfort, celebrity, and attention are not what I think of when I think of what she did to Travis. :stormingmad:

That was not my point. I think JA needs it. I've been around enough criminals via work to know. She qualifies for it. I do not, the rest of us probably do not, that was my reasoning. Some people are walking time bombs.

Yes. I think vulnerable citizens = people like Travis, all the non-violent, naïve people, children, animals, very old folks etc..

People like JA prey on the majority who are basically kind, good and innocent. So yes, we better protect them!

BBM~ And we have a B-I-N-G-O. :rocker: I'm leaning it was a money thing that threw Travis over the edge. She scammed him somehow (ID Fraud?). Ironically enough isn't that what PPL sells? ID Fraud protection?

Didn't Juan want to be bring in a fraud expert?

Might have been for PPL expenses. But, she also could have funneled money from Travis' accounts. Hence, the scam.

And where is the car Travis gave her, and what was the outcome of the liability. Maybe she said she would refuse to take responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500