SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish the MC DA would man up and let JSS give JA LWOP asap. I think the odds of 12 more jurors giving her the death penalty are slim or none.

I think they will. I heard the county attorney speaking on a radio show on Friday saying that whatever their decision is, it won't be based on financial considerations or public opinion. This suggests to me that he knows the decision they're likely to make will appear to be based on exactly those two things. Which further suggests to me that they won't re-try her and that the decision will, in fact, be based on financial considerations and public opinion. lol

I want Juan to ask the new jury: Are you able to hand down a death sentence? Then, after they say yes, Are you able to hand down a death sentence against a woman.

Those are key, IMO

Good questions. I must say "can you consider the death p" is weak. But, it is the considered legally appropriate way to phrase it. Voir dire is supposed to help both sides and defense knew they had some that would not vote in that regard.

hey, it's the sidebar so i'm putting it here. there are a lot of hotels downtown. if i could, i'd stay at the icon, because it's small and very cool. but there's a hilton and a hyatt and just all kinds of hotels downtown.

you can google hotels near toyota center and get an idea what's down there.

There are too many haha ...trying to get a good recommendation from someone who has stayed at one.. I will check into the icon...you have stayed there?

Does anyone want to take a stab at guessing the 4 jurors who voted for life (is this allowed), I have some thoughts but didn't want to get a time out.

OK! This will be my 4th post on Juror #9. When I saw him after the verdict was announced, I said he was one of the 4. After sleeping on it, I decided he seemed so pizzed, that he couldn't ride the bus with some of the jurors. I started to think he was angry with the 4 that wouldn't vote DP. Today, I decided to look at the jury descriptions, and here's what it says about Juror #9.
Juror #9 Willy-Old hippy with long white ponytail, thin, small build. This guy looked PIZZED the whole time. He seemed to be staring towards the media lady or just into the corner. I only saw him look at JM or JA maybe once
So, he was pizzed the whole trial, LOL! I'm back to square one on him. When I saw the piece about him on the rail, (where the guy sitting to his left said he was against the DP, but he would have given it to Jodi) he later gave the man a half smile, but it quickly disappeared. This guy has a poker face! No educated guessing with him. Having said that, I've got a 50/50 chance of getting it right, so here goes............He voted Life. Had to go back to my first impression.:puke:
I'd really like to know what others think of him.

hey, it's the sidebar so i'm putting it here. there are a lot of hotels downtown. if i could, i'd stay at the icon, because it's small and very cool. but there's a hilton and a hyatt and just all kinds of hotels downtown.

you can google hotels near toyota center and get an idea what's down there.

Can you help cubbe with some safe ones? I've been to diff parts of of Tex, and diff avoidable neighborhoods would be good. ;)

I'm getting very annoyed with the foreman.

“There was a Jodi Arias before June 4 of 2008 and a Jodi Arias after June 4 of 2008. Jodi Arias before that time seemed like an absolutely normal young woman; going through relationships, ups and downs, there was no history of any kind of violence, there was no history of any unusual problems with relationships, they were pretty typical. But then there was the Jodi Arias after this horrendous crime, so why would I not expect lies? Why would I not expect her to try and cover her tracks?"

It was said he did not take notes and it shows! Everything changed on 6/4?? Since he must agree she stole that gun, it obviously didn't begin on 6/4. But lets see all the other evidence he has forgotten about, somewhat chronologically:

1. Played victim as a child.
2. Kicked her mother.
3. Ran away because didn't like getting grounded for ditching school.
4. Suicidal thoughts since childhood.
5. Obsessive journal writing.
6. Rollercoaster emotions, quick ups and downs.
7. Immature for her age.
8. Went out of way to return to a library to spy on bf's emails.
9. Kept calling an ex who hung up on her to tell him about a loony doomsday prophecy.
10. After Matt broke up with her, and immediately after hearing of Bianca, drove hour and half to confront Bianca.
11. Got implants, got a specific car and changed hair color for DB.
12. Broke up with DB one week after meeting TA.
13. Baptized into a very strict and esoteric religion two months after meeting TA.
14. Admits intense anger and kicked holes in walls, kicked down doors, smashed windows.
15. Spied on TA's emails and facebook and myspace.
16. Moves to Mesa after breaking up with TA.
17. Lurked outside house and spied on him kissing someone.
18. Slashed TA's and friend's tires.
19. Sent threatening emails to him and his friend.
20. Repeatedly showed up unannounced.
21. Secretly recorded phone sex.
22. After the murder, in the police interviews, we could see someone who was a very practice liar and manipulator. That was not the first time she ever lied. She's an obvious professional liar.
23. Made up vicious lies about TA, not a normal cover up or deception, and persisted in it throughout 18 days on stand and in allocution.

Zervakos showed up for 5 months but didn't do his job very well. I wonder how he even got the m1 right. I wonder if he was a holdout on that too.

I love this part from him, "One of the reasons I’m doing these interviews, and I’m doing very few..."

Few???? Yeah, then Jodi has also done very few too. I wonder if he relates to her on some narcissistic level. I wonder if he was first to raise his hand to be foreman, "I WANT TO DO IT! PICK ME!"

:puke:
:moo:

BESTBESTBEST POST!!!:rockon::rockon:

I wish Mr. Z could read this!! :maddening:

I wish we had a dedicated thread to discuss the jurors. It would be nice to be able to search in one place as new jurors speak out. Also, to speculate how each voted. Is that possible?

I probably had a couple of women in there before foreman opened his mouth!
LOL.

Seriously though I don't think gender or age makes a difference. It's just fun guessing.

I disagree IMO I think it is going to be a clean sweep for the men over 60
Numbers 4, 9, 14 and 18

BESTBESTBEST POST!!!:rockon::rockon:

I wish Mr. Z could read this!! :maddening:

Thanks, and even if he doesn't remember that evidence, if he's reading up on her now, he would find it even more that wasn't in the trial about her history. No excuse for his ignorance.

BBM~ And we have a B-I-N-G-O. :rocker: I'm leaning it was a money thing that threw Travis over the edge. She scammed him somehow (ID Fraud?). Ironically enough isn't that what PPL sells? ID Fraud protection?

Didn't Juan want to be bring in a fraud expert?

My problem with that is he told no one else about it and couldn't even write about it. I think it was so bad and so personal that he never wanted any one to ever find out. I think if JA was stealing from him he probably would have at least confided it to a friend but he was intentionally secretive about it which leads me to believe it was a bombshell.

This is the easiest recipe and very good. Make sure you have some French bread to dip in the juice. We are at the beach house and have some nice big shrimp

BBQ Shrimp

3 cups Wishbone Italian salad dressing
4-6 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic
1 large lemon thinly sliced
1 teaspoon salt
2-3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
Tabasco to taste

Mix these ingredients and pour over 5-6 pounds unpeeled raw shrimp
Refrigerate 2-3 hours.
Melt 3/4 cup butter in pan, pour shrimp and marinade into the pan and cook at 400 for 20 min. If very large shrimp 25 min but watch and stir so you don't over cook
Serve in bowls with sauce from pan with French bread for dunking

I was going to ask whether the two to three teaspoons of cayenne was a typo, then I saw the words "New Orleans." :blushing: (That's what my face would do if I ate something that hot, I think!)

DebinGA, I live in TX so it may be different, but my husband, son and I were the victims of an Armed Home Invasion with a shooting, and while it was not totally our decision on charging and plea deals, we were very heavily consulted throughout the process.

So sorry you experienced that horror, TXP. The 8-4 split has convinced me that a death verdict outcome in a Round 2 is futile pursuit, given the facts of this case. The delay will only give JA a reprieve from what awaits her at Perryville, cost AZ taxpayers another million, and put a gazillion more pennies in the DT's kettles. If I believed there was a realistic hope of a different outcome, I'd be all for it.

I think the young guy may have voted life.

He reminds me of other young ones on juries and blogs that think that people like JA are entitled....kind of a so what or maybe she had to type attitude. The ones who like to go against the grain of majority just cuz it's fun to type....

IMO....

:floorlaugh: I bet that Jodi is double-jointed and that ring finger injury is fake.

I don't know what wrong with it, but every time I see it I want to break it back to straight for her!:seeya:

Morning all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member