KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
KCL...you certainly are...I just finished reading your Blog...can't for the life of me figure out how to post though...every name I give them is taken it seems...I'll work on it more later....NOW, I remember you from the Court TV Forum...DUH ME...I was never a member but followed it...Your Journey with Jordy was so interesting...is she still around ? On Here...? If you can answer that question...During this trial and while I listened to it on TV I worked on my hobby...I have something for you...I ask for a PO Box a long time ago or a place I could send it but no one answered that question....I make Jeweled Pictures frames out of Vintage and Costume Jewelry...and some newer things...only begin doing this two years ago...never had a craft before because I can't sit still...but, this calms my nerves...I think that picture of you and your sister on your blog would look lovely in one...if your interested...I won't be offended if its not your cup of tea...not everyone likes Jeweled Frames...trying to figure out how to post them so you can see them...

It might be that the comments are moderated for the moment but I approve them all...just trying to let my one little troll's enthusiasm die down (or figure out how the spam thing works whichever comes first). Yes that was me..and Jordy. She is living in Mississippi now and not following trials anymore so not on here. But ya never know if it will bite her again!

I love all handmade things. That picture is just glued to the glass in that frame so unfortunately even I can't take it out but feel free to copy if off the net if you want to make a photo of it. I'd love one of your frames...sound beautiful! I also love things that combine vintage with modern...in fact that's my entire decor of my home. Thank you!

An interesting post from Jeffrey Gold this morning on his facebook page (Jeff was in the courtroom each day)
Interesting thoughts by lawyer Jeffrey Evan Gold this morning:

Tweets have to be >140 characters. Lawyers hardly think in less than 1400 characters. I'll expand a #jodiarias tweet here in good old FB that was too cryptic in twittereze. However, its a detail of case than I would not usually post in FB which I leave for broad topics not tweeter minutia . So now my FB friend s may be just as confused by my clarification to my twitter followers. But here goes. The court announced to media a question by was coming not a verdict. The public information office had a 1hr delay for verdict agreed but not so on Qs. Hung juries are not verdicts and we all knew (at least talking to me) that hung juries come as Qs simply because they are not final until the judge declares a mistrial. They are not verdicts which must be unanimous and you can't be unanimous about not being unanimous. Doesn't work that way. Now we now know that the jury foreman was in minority and pro life. He almost immediately the day before asked jury Q to judge what happens if we are deadlocked. Judge gave what is called a dynamite charge which says go back and break the logjam in other words keep debating. The foreman controls debate and votes often. In this case being in minority did he steer case to a hung jury by not encouraging true debate? Because he was in minority? Well when we got into court fie that second question, all were present but no Arias family which like we thought it was just a Q. When the judge read the jury has a verdict many were shocked. Wow a verdict! This is over! I now think the judge was shocked too because if you watch her face on tape (could not see in court) she appears so when she then gets to the non verdict part of the verdict... we cannot reach a unanimous verdict. Some mistake her look for sympathy for Alexanders. But it was disappointment I think that verdict was nit reached after a glimmer if hope raised when she saw verdict form instead of a Q. Which brings me back to the forman who choose to use verdict form rather than report jury was still hung and could not reach a verdict. Did he do this on purpose? To make his point that the jury was done and did not want another dynamite charge? He was in minority after all and debate more often sways minority. We will never know. Judge could have not accepted non verdict verdict and asked parties if they wanted another charge. A second charge is always appeal ready though anyway. So it was declared a mistrial. Its a small twitter type point, not grand FB one, but I just wonder how much the foreman who ended up on GMA next day really did his job to get a verdict vs being happy to get out of there with the ball still in Life's court, which was his vote. He certainly could not get on TV fast enough to persuade the public of his view. Just sayin'.

Is this troubling and apparent to anyone else?

It might be that the comments are moderated for the moment but I approve them all...just trying to let my one little troll's enthusiasm die down (or figure out how the spam thing works whichever comes first). Yes that was me..and Jordy. She is living in Mississippi now and not following trials anymore so not on here. But ya never know if it will bite her again!

I love all handmade things. That picture is just glued to the glass in that frame so unfortunately even I can't take it out but feel free to copy if off the net if you want to make a photo of it. I'd love one of your frames...sound beautiful! I also love things that combine vintage with modern...in fact that's my entire decor of my home. Thank you!

I ended up somehow in deleting that message...I finally firgured out photobucket so you can see which one you want...I'll take a break for now and come back later and post the frames for you to choose from...I need to figure out also how to enlarge so you can see them closer...BBL

Is this troubling and apparent to anyone else?

Yes, very. I haven't said anything negative about the foreman, but I'm done with that. What is with the man and how in the name of all that is holy did he ever become the foreperson? If he was so headstrong in his decisions, it should have been someone else. Someone who was open to listening to other's opinions and capable of actually debating the task at hand. I was quick to defend the jury when there was so much hate being directed toward them on Thursday and I still feel that they deserve respect. Don't lump them all together with juror #18, but still, I have to wonder what this man was up to and it seems to me it was mostly self-serving and had nothing to do with justice for Travis Alexander.

I hope to hear from juror#7 at some point. I don't know why, but I'm very curious about his story.

Also, katiecoolady, I've always admired and respected you and very much appreciate everything you've ever posted here. You gave us all a unique perspective to everything that happened in the trial and I thank you a million times. After hearing what you had to put up with with Kiefer, my admiration has increased about a zillion levels. I don't know many people who could have not went completely postal in that situation, myself included. You truly are a saint. :)

Howdy Yall. Couldn't figure out which subforum to post this on. Can anyone recommend a cheap SAFE motel near the Maricopa County courthouse? Something safe enough for a single female. Thanks. Didn't get to go to the trial, but after living and breathing it thru the TV for 5 months, I will regret it if I don't take this "second chance".

He was NEVER going to vote for DP as he had become "white knight" so that jury was done in reality. However, he likely squashed argument as the norm is to bring the minority over and he didn't want that. So, his Plan was to deadlock as he thought that meant the Judge gave her life. So, he believed he was "saving" her by promoting the deadlock instead of deliberating. But, he was totally and completely and comically wrong. He truly didn't realize the weird AZ procedure that seats a second Penalty phase jury. Instead of saving her, he has given a new group of people, without him as an impediment, the chance to give her the DP. Oops!

I have to wonder if the foreman mislead these jurors into believing that if they were deadlocked the judge would have to make the final decision for them?

I agree. Katie, I just read Zervakos son has posted a letter or something saying his dad wanted to be "famous" before the trial. Have you seen it (or anyone else?) I msged the person on FB to ask where it was posted.

In this blog, Z's son says before the trial his dad would like to have been famous, but he doesn't believe that's true now.

http://samirsdad.tumblr.com/post/51364319325/the-executioner-with-the-public-face

But the sentence that I found troubling was:
“And they know that on his watch, that criminal was not sentenced to die.”

(Trying not to read too much into that...)

I think before this all happened, my dad would have liked to be famous. I’m not speaking for him but I’m pretty sure that’s not the case anymore.

Really? He sure ran to GMA and other outlets in a hurry. Sounds like he wanted his face out there pretty darn badly.

I'm glad he went first. The others are coming along and cleaning up his mess and having the last word.... his opinion(s) now in the background.

Is it wrong that my heart is singing after watching that interview with 6, 13, and 16? When 18 went on his media blitz I felt like I was entering crazy town all over again, but hearing them say that the evidence very quickly convinced them of her guilt, and that they felt the state made its case, I just feel so content.

I'll tell you, this case has gotten under my skin, and I think it's the fact that I have a Jodi in my life. What's really helped is hearing reasonable, rational people saying, "I don't buy her story" because that's what I missed for so long in my life. I've finally, just recently, had validation from the courts in terms of my very own narcissist-torturer, and it's wonderful. I do, though, when hearing people like the foreman, and Michale Kiefer talk, feel that little tiny bit of "am I wrong?" creeping back in. And that's something I'm going to have to fight against. It helps coming here, too, and reading all of your very good, strong opinions.

Howdy Yall. Couldn't figure out which subforum to post this on. Can anyone recommend a cheap SAFE motel near the Maricopa County courthouse? Something safe enough for a single female. Thanks. Didn't get to go to the trial, but after living and breathing it thru the TV for 5 months, I will regret it if I don't take this "second chance".

Nothing down town is super cheap. Walking distance anyway. The Palomar, Westin, Hyatt and Renaissance are all walking distance..I think the Ren is probably least expensive...but summer rates are ALWAYS cheaper in AZ. I'd say Priceline it. Good luck!

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer

@dkz48 @camillekimball Washington stepped down right after Arias decided to rep herself to try to get Travis' pedophile letters in evidence

@michaelbkiefer I think you must mean "alleged" pedophile letters. If they were legit they'd be in evidence.

This is my one and only experience with Twitter and I joined just to respond to his "pedophile letters" tweet. His response to me: "Yes."

I don't know if I'll ever tweet again, but I just couldn't let that stand! Tell me this guy is a responsible journalist with comments like that! Katie, will we ever know what his beef with JM is?

Ok, I tried to enlarge the frames...I put pictures in the finished frames so they don't look so blah...do you like one of these?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/Snippy29/cfc2a8ce-8451-4f01-b0da-c06a14d1f179_zpsfacc757d.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/Snippy29/e169f9ca-866e-45b6-a432-9fc778bfcfe6_zps0d30397b.jpg

Photobucket is acting up...these two for now...

Trying again...Too Bright, was trying to show the colors

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/Snippy29/3d34d92b-1837-4d42-bfe5-b7d9dea53a70_zps03449218.jpg

My last one I finished ...I had this Lady Brooch and found this picture to put in it...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/Snippy29/SAM_0270_zpsae67d53d.jpg

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer

@dkz48 @camillekimball Washington stepped down right after Arias decided to rep herself to try to get Travis' pedophile letters in evidence

@michaelbkiefer I think you must mean "alleged" pedophile letters. If they were legit they'd be in evidence.

This is my one and only experience with Twitter and I joined just to respond to his "pedophile letters" tweet. His response to me: "Yes."

I don't know if I'll ever tweet again, but I just couldn't let that stand! Tell me this guy is a responsible journalist with comments like that! Katie, will we ever know what his beef with JM is?

Yes he tried to sell those pedophile letters to me as legit as well...right in the courtroom. It's like the defense team knew they were just "selling" things that were questionable or just flat out fabricated to try and defend her but Kiefer was so rabid it's like he was actually believing it to be true. Shaking my head.

It's my personal opinion only that it's driven by a deep hatred for Juan Martinez from everything he said. I also think being a DP opponent plays a role. I don't know the details and don't think i'd share if I did but I can tell you what it feels like: something personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa