SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nurse would be on a permanent snark watch to avoid a mass TO. :seeya: We love you Nurse and miss you!

Other trials? :floorlaugh:

:party::pillowfight2::cheer::slapfight::laughcry:

Where is Nurse???

I agree! And when you are in a relationship (friend relative whatever) with a person like this it makes YOU think you are crazy! They are so manipulative! You end up trying to "figure them out" and it's impossible because you can't possibly think like they do!

So totally true. Manipulation is a terrible trait for someone to have, and usually these people are the most self centred, selfish people ever, but to people that don't know them well they would never imagine that. They will never accept that they did something wrong, always have to blame someone else. And if you ever try and have a sensible conversation about something you are questioning them about -forget it.

Where is Nurse???

Not on a TO ;) Nurse has shared this herself here so think it's okay for me to say she had some flooding in her house so that's taking up a lot of her time. Fortunately she wasn't washed away.

I know someone who lies whenever she is speaking. It's so frustrating! Now I just don't care what she says, I just figure its a lie. This woman chooses to lie because its her way of controlling others. See, we never know whats really going on. We are always fooled and tricked, manipulated. I believe this is what Jodi has done all of her life. Zero sincerity in any relationship.

Yes, yes, yes!! (not shampooing my hair, lol)

And when caught, she perfected the art of dancing in circles, confusing and frustrating people to the extent that they just said, "F it" and gave up fighting to get the truth.

It worked so well for so long that she thought it would work on Juan.

That didn't turn out so well for her. :floorlaugh:

Marlap, if the video is from YouTube, just go to it as though you're watching it. Copy and past the URL directly in here and it will be fine.

For Images, go go the image (not the link, actually open the image in your browser, if that's what you're using) and copy the URL of the image. Then, use the PICTURE icon up here in your posting box next the the envelope icon. It will open, then paste your URL in that box. You can also post images from your computer by using the PAPERCLIP icon up at the top of this box next to the emoticon smilley-face. You can then upload a picture from your computer.

You should preview your message to be sure it is not too big (will blow the margins).

Have fun!

Thanks Sleuthy!

Now that would be a party!

Maybe Trisha will one day suggest a conference. Yapping about cases, dancing, eating...

It would be such fun!

WEBSLEUTH'S CONVENTION ..............................with a tour of Alcatraz?

Who's left? Court Reporter Mike Babicky? What did he do, type a note to the judge?

:floorlaugh:

I don't think anyone reported it to the judge. If we remember they brought all the members into the judges chambers one-by-one and asked them a question pertaining to JM having his picture taken. So we do not know how the question was phrased and the juror, herself may have told the judge she made a comment. We just do not know. It was at this time that she was dismissed. The jurors were not called in because she made a comment. It somehow may have come out while they were speaking with the jurors individually.

We already have laws concerning animal cruelty, and they are far more humane than the laws we have for human beings. That was the point. Human beings are supposed to be considered more important than animals, yet we have animal cruelty laws that are more humane than laws for human beings. And we recognize that a dog that killed someone doesn't have the capacity to think as a human being but will think like a dog and rightfully blame the dog's owner for the dog being dangerous and given the opportunity and desire to kill someone. Yet we DON'T believe that it's proper to punish the dog by confining it to a too-small cage without interaction with others for 23 hours a day for the rest of its life because we rightfully believe that a dog forced to live in those conditions is cruel regardless of what the dog did or how dangerous it may be to others.

That's the whole point. We recognize that treating a dangerous dog to solitary confinement 23 hours a day for the rest of its life is considered cruel but we don't consider that cruel to do to a human being. We also DO have many and large organizations dedicated to rehabilitating dangerous dogs so that they may be able to live freely again with a new and responsible owner, yet our prison system is designed to not attempt rehabilitation of human beings and usually makes prisoners even MORE criminally minded.

Ironically, we also believe that euthanizing an animal to end it's pain and misery from illness or old age is considered a kindness, yet we force human beings to suffer pain and misery until they die naturally and refuse them the decision for themselves whether or not to be euthanized.

Solitary confinement is psychological torture. We've long since discovered this with the first experiment of it at the Eastern State Penitentury in Philly. The idea had nothing but good intensions as the belief at the time was that isolation brought a person closer to God and thus would reform the prisoner, but the actuality was an epic disaster. Prisoners went crazy and committed suicide in unbelievable numers. Eventually, Eastern State understood that isolation only made people insane and changed their system to allow prisoners to interact and given more freedom of movement. Eventually, it closed yet still stands today rotting away. Since other countries modeled their prison systems after Eastern State with the same results, they also abandoned solitary confinement as a form of torture that did the opposite of rehabilitating. The US is the only country that has fallen back on the use of solitary confirement when history already has shown the results. Long term solitary confinement creates more dangerous prisoners and makes them insane. There is NO QUESTION that it is cruel and inhumane and that it is psychological torture. We've long since already learned this yet we're doing it again. We invented it, we learned that it made people more dangerous and crazy, yet we've gone back to doing it after everything we learned about it.

When we find a dog slaughtering our livestock, poultry, etc., we shoot it. They've acquired a taste for blood, purely for sport. I don't care if they've slept at their owner's feet, there are leash laws, and the owner didn't bother to follow that law.
CMja slaughtered TA, and from her words and actions, I can only believe she enjoyed it and was on the hunt for her next "blood sport". She may look human, but she is NOT wired like a "normal" human. There is NO medication or rehab for her. She was well aware that "Thou shall not kill." Societies laws do NOT apply to her. She is her own judge, jury, and executioner.
You might want to go to the "Armchair Psychologists" thread on this trial. Some humans you just can't fix, aside of a lobotomy.
I don't care what condition she ends up in, looses her mind or gets the needle, as long as she is locked away from society and never gets out. JMO

Not on a TO ;) Nurse has shared this herself here so think it's okay for me to say she had some flooding in her house so that's taking up a lot of her time. Fortunately she wasn't washed away.

UGH that sucks :( Flooding is so hard to clean up.

Oh, Nurse! That is SO much work! I hope all is going well and you are "on dry land" again soon!

Well said Lamb Chop. Jodi Arias willfully and with no remorse brutally took the life of someone under the guise of defending her own life. And it is a guise. There's not a shred of evidence to suggest Travis Alexander physically attacked her that day or any day. There's no evidence because it didn't happen. Thankfully 8 jurors saw through the smoke and mirrors to decide the appropriate punishment for what all 12 jurors determined was a Premeditated Murder in the 1st Degree with an Aggravator of Cruelty.

:seeya: DT

BBM

Do I sense some confusion on how a jury deliberates in the penalty phase?

IMO, juror number 16 phrased things very well in terms of deliberation,mitigating factors and respecting one fellow jurors and their votes:

http://www.kpho.com/story/22428063/arias-juror-no-16-says-she-feels-relieved-satisfied

Apologizes in advance for getting up on a soapbox, but it was clearly spelled out in the jury instructions that mitigating factors are not limited to those presented by the defense. People have their own individual beliefs and opinions when it comes to justice and the severity of the penalty, and these can be considered mitigating factors in deliberation.

To throw it out there, does every person who kills another human being deserve the death penalty? If not, why not? This is the kind of question that each and every one of those jurors pondered when they decided as individuals what was the appropriate punishment for CMJA.

I would like to hear from all jurors in this case. I have concerns that some may be reluctant to speak freely about their experience, especially in light of the bashing of the foreman. To me, it would be interesting to learn how they viewed the facts of the case and arguments presented, their theories about events, opinions about witnesses and counsel, and the deliberation process.

I love Parliament! George Clinton is the bomb. Speaking of funk...

My ex-husband was the bass player in a local funk band in the 80s and Bootsy Collins heard him play once and complimented him after the show.

When I met my husband he had moved on to a punk band, but his first band was new wave. He always used to say his next band would be a country band

We love da funk, give up da funk. :floorlaugh:

That's awesome!!

I just got back from San Antonio, and when I got home I was in shock! My husband is a very educated man, an attorney, and he doesn't have the common sense to find his way out of a parking lot puddle sometimes. He would had given JA manslaughter! I could kick his azz. I am 62 and my husband is 78. I could absolutely give JA the death penalty! You don't necessarily have to be a genius to sit on a jury, but COMMON sense. I call certain people like my husband, God bless him, educated idiots! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam