SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
All and I mean ALL of her testimony should have been disregarded as SHE was NOT credible. It's really was just that simple!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIRC correctly there were instructions from the Judge that if a witness was proven to have lied the jury was permitted to disregard their testimony.

I think lying is parsed out now - you can just disregard that, or some or all, blah, blah, blah. No wonder things get so confused.

Annnnd....

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369764959380.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369764959380.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 50
To the contrary, Rose, I think a lot of people see the relationship the same as you did (that's a compliment) :)

I think most of us have had somebody in our lives who wasn't good for us at some point, but whatever we were drawn to... sex, looks, status, etc... was too powerful to walk away from. Everybody has a vice. Travis did not indulge in alcohol, drugs, gambling... I think sex/women may have possibly been his vice.

As others have stated, I think that Travis talked dirty to Jodi because Jodi talked dirty to him. I personally wasn't offended by it... it was embarrassing to listen to because it makes us voyeurs, but certainly nothing that was so over the top that it implied abuse. It was proven in court that they both were in to it.

It was very easy for me to see that the angry texts were related to a specific incident(s). He was clearly provoked by her. Sadly, we'll never know exactly what they were. But I firmly believe that it was a combination of her psychopathy/obsession AND preservation from whatever it was that Travis figured out, that lead to his murder.

I too scratch my head as to why a few jurors believed mental/emotional/possible some physical abuse. JA is the only person saying it existed and they discounted just about everything else she said. So why believe any of that? The only explanation I can see for any of them believing it, is that they are uncomfortable believing that people are capable of evil for no good reason (especially women). Some people need to have a definitive answer and in most cases it just doesn't exist.

What would be interesting is to read some of the texts that were before and after this angry text that Travis sent. We know she texted him afterwards but what happened to them. Were they deleted? If so why was this particular one preserved when she supposedly "lost" it.

W

Annnnd....

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Annnnnnnd I wanna know if anyone has tried the pocket hose?? I am dying to try it,lol:seeya:

Sorry the pocket hose you posted did not show up..ugh.

I'm way behind being up-to-date, but just on this one topic, I had com across a website with a Thread on this topic..If this Tape recording should be let in. This was months before the trial began...I'll try to find it. But I recall some points that were made as to why it should NOT be let in.
It was noted that in California the Law requires Both parties to consent to the recording, and it Must be acknowledged in the beginning of the Recording, just like anytime you might get a call, say from a Bank, and they first let you know they are going to record, in case you don't want to. But it has to be acknowledged first and if you continue the conversation you are agreeing. Its also a Federal Law....aside from that its just Common Sense that the last thing TA would want JA to have is a Recording that she could then Blackmail or threaten him with [coulda happened]. Remember when it was mentioned about TA telling JA her phone voicemail was full.....sure it was, she was keeping recordings

Respectfully snipped...

I too am surprised that they were allowed to play this recording. Although, I recall hearing somewhere that the family wanted it played so perhaps with their consent it was ok? Not sure.

However, I am one of those people that believe that the tape was more detrimental to Jodi than it was to Travis. She outed herself as being totally in to all of it, after sitting on the stand for days prior acting like a holy roller innocent girl. She looked like a fool.. and a liar! Even though Travis said some racey stuff, it also showed a funny, human side to him and he was very complimentary to her as well.

Her full blown weirdo-ness was displayed on that tape so I'm glad the jury heard it.

The only, (ONLY) thing I saw during the entire trial that made me think Jodi "could" be telling some truth about Travis was regarding the email that Sky Hughes sent to Jodi. The jury heard Alyce LV saying even Travis' best friends said he had "issues" and for Jodi to get away from him for her own good. That was huge! Juan made a big mistake by not calling Sky and Chris to clear this up. I thought it was a mistake during the trial, and now hearing what the jurors are saying, it's crystal clear it should have been disputed. Why didn't Juan feel the need to clear that up? I think more of Travis' friends should have been called to testify. We only heard from ex-girlfriends. There were plenty of male friends that thought the world of Travis. I think not calling Chris and Sky Hughes to the stand is what caused the 4 to believe there was some abuse. My opinion!

BBM

I totally agree - it was a HUGE mistake for Skye and Chris not to take the stand. However, correct me if I'm wrong, Nurmi put them on HIS witness list thereby precluding them from testifying for the Prosecution or attending the trial. It was a malicious ploy to keep the truth from the jury. He never intended to call them. If this is not the case, Juan made a HUGE mistake!

No fried bread? :) I am a Brit but choose to live in Canada and a good fry up is one of the things I miss the most. I make a good breakfast most Sunday's but it just doesn't taste the same.

I could just murder a bacon buddy.

The only, (ONLY) thing I saw during the entire trial that made me think Jodi "could" be telling some truth about Travis was regarding the email that Sky Hughes sent to Jodi. The jury heard Alyce LV saying even Travis' best friends said he had "issues" and for Jodi to get away from him for her own good. That was huge! Juan made a big mistake by not calling Sky and Chris to clear this up. I thought it was a mistake during the trial, and now hearing what the jurors are saying, it's crystal clear it should have been disputed. Why didn't Juan feel the need to clear that up? I think more of Travis' friends should have been called to testify. We only heard from ex-girlfriends. There were plenty of male friends that thought the world of Travis. I think not calling Chris and Sky Hughes to the stand is what caused the 4 to believe there was some abuse. My opinion!

I agree. And didn't they only show what TA said in the texts and emails. They did not explain what JA said to provoke his responses. I think I am remembering correctly.

I think the killer was protected to much. She should of not worn street clothes but her prison wardrobe. All of her behaviour should have been admissable to show how she violated TA. jmo

Hope everyone had a nice long weekend break.

Not a holiday here in Canada but took full advantage of the weekend and did some planting, had a bonfire and big family BBQ. Guess we were so busy for the last 3 days that our main TV in the family room hasn't been on since Thur or Fri. Just turned it on this morning and it was still on HLN from last week LOL. Amazed me to see HLN already knee deep in the Zimmerman trial. Got me thinking that working in that line of work would be exhausting, jump from one trial to another, no breaks. I would be emotionally and physically drained.

Feels a little weird to be JA free, wish we had better closure. One thing I can say, we are DAMN lucky to have gotten a M1 conviction, that's for sure. Some of those jury members scare me with their beliefs about this case. Glad the worst is over.

I think I'm gonna skip the Zimmerman one and just wait for JA to finish and for Andrea Schneiderman.

Wow, HLN sure changed their tune practically overnight! Anyone else notice that today?

Moo

Annnnnnnd I wanna know if anyone has tried the pocket hose?? I am dying to try it,lol:seeya:

Sorry the pocket hose you posted did not show up..ugh.

We have one, I just tried it for the first time this week. LOVE it so far! Won't need it again for at least a week as it's monsoon weather here now, right Becky Sharp?

Either they weren't paying attention to some parts, or Juan (and I LOVE Juan Martinez) wasn't clear enough for them on the following:

I will preface with this. If Arias lied about even one of the "physical abuse" events, then its safe to assume she lied about them all. Well, it can be proven that she lied about the physical abuse of January 22, 08. Her story on the stand about that "fight"...was that it started over her not loaning Travis money. ($200 iirc). However, the text messages from Jan 22 show Arias asking Travis if HE deposited $ into her account. He says "yes". She then says she "will make it up" to him. Juan asked her under cross exam if this was a loan. (given that she said she'd make it up to him, she had to cop to it being a loan and said "yes"). She couldn't recall how much it was.

Now...it doesn't take a rocket scientist, imo. He is not going to deposit a loan of money into her account ..and then try to borrow money back on the same darn day! He wasn't mad over her not loaning him money..therefore there was no fight and therefore, no broken finger.

..she lied about the fight. If she lied about *that fight, then she lied about the other instances, imo.

Did some of the jury miss this important detail? I waited for Juan to reiterate this, but he never did. I'd wondered if the bank witness who was precluded from testifying was going to speak to this. Maybe thats why it wasn't brought up again?[/QUOTE]

BBM

Jumping off your post here, Travis accused JA of 'scamming' him in his May 26 rant. That leads to all sorts of speculation: Was she hacking into his bank accts. and transferring $$$ to her acct.? Was Travis giving her advances from his PPL acct. for commissions she never earned? Was she forging his signature on checks? Why was the Chase bank employee precluded from testifying?

One thing for sure - we know the killer was broke! According to C. Hughes, she worked very little while she was in Mesa. She even had a stint cleaning the house of one of Travis's friends. No doubt she snooped through his personal belongings to see if there was anything worth her while. She was constantly on the prowl - looking for Mr. Good-Bar. She wasn't paying rent; Travis supplied her with groceries; gave her a BMW to drive; and paid her to clean his house to help her out. What more could a man do for a woman he didn't want to marry??? Travis was sooo good to this killer!

I find it so incredibly ironic that a few jurors interpretted Travis's May 26 rant as 'abusive'!!! It was the greatest indictment against this killer - ever. Travis was speaking from the grave. If anyone deserves death - it's this cunning killer. What she did to Travis AFTER butchering him, is equally as bad as the murder itself. She is rotten to the core and I hope she rots in h*ll!!!

One of the many things that have bothered me is where did she get the money she deposited in her back on June 3rd? It was about $800 if I recall.
There was a guy on one of the shows that claimed that he lent JA money for the trip and she paid him back. Some guy she met at a bar. If that is true then my guess is the money had to go into the back to prevent her being overdrawn and if that is the case then how would she be able to pay back the money she borrowed. She barely worked and there is no indication that she got the money from working. One of the things I wonder about is if Travis had a lot of cash on him for some reason and after JA murdered him she went through his wallet and took it. It isn't a stretch to assume that JA would have done that and who would know? And I also think that there was a financial part of her premeditation in that she owed him a lot of money and was giving him a check for $200. $200 that she probably didn't have. She asked about the check being cashed when she was being questioned so it was on her mind. Not the primary motive for her but an added benefit.

I believe Travis treated women the way they wanted to be treated which we have heard time and time again through women he dated. We also know from watching Jodi that she can be very sexually provocative and she let Travis know this right up front and I'm sure he liked it because she was different, it was something new. I think he talked to her on that sex tape the way she wanted him to talk to her. Not saying he did not enjoy it but it was so out of his character and it's proven because his goal was to find a Mormon woman who followed the Mormon teachings. Jodi was not serious about her religion and Travis finally became aware of it.

Anyone who calls the media to do an interview is someone who would walk out the door and never look back on an abuser. There is nothing shrinking about Jodi no matter how she tries to portray herself. Just not buying it.

Just look at her demeanor when she stood before the jury who had already convicted her or murder. I absolutely swear she pranced around and posed as if she were a contestant in a local beauty contest.

She was so composed - at what would have most people cowering behind a podium, gripping the sides, using half a box of kleenex - nope she is cool calm and collected and EVIL!

TA's brother and sister speak of their brother, they are shaken to the core, heart broken to the core, exhausted to the core and we can see it and feel it.

Not with the murderer - all I could see and feel was her evil. :stormingmad:

Not sure how to connect with a mod but I have a question. Is there any chance we can change the statement about this case up above the page numbers?? This is what it says...

Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias Jodi Arias is accused of shooting her ex-boyfriend in the face, stabbing him multiple times and slitting his throat from ear to ear. Her attorneys will argue she killed him in self-defense.

I think it's fair to say she has now been found guilty of M1....

Exactly, I have heard people say on After Dark or other things..he had it coming...WTF?! NO! It makes me wonder what these people are doing in their lives to other people or are they just ignorant of facts in the case.

IMO, all of us carry around a pretty big store of stereotypes and biases and assumptions, aware of them or not. I followed the Casey Anthony trial-my first- because initially I very much wanted to believe Caylee's death had to be accidental. I just couldn't wrap my brain around how it was she could murder her own precious child for literally no reason.

It took me over a month of reading all the evidence and plenty of articles on narcissism and sociopaths to even begin to get it

At the risk of having rotten fruit thrown my way, I'll play devils advocate for a bit (perspective below is not my own).

I can understand how a juror who hasn't ever dug deep into another murder trial or case and who has never had to deal with a BPD person or the like, could have had difficulty understanding how a young woman commit such a savage murder. Enough evidence was excluded for a reasonable person to believe that the killer had lived an ordinary enough life up to the time she met Travis.

Yes she dropped out of school and hit her mother and didn't have much ambition and was extremely nosey and didn't like it when her boyfriends cheated on her. How many thousands of young women like that must there be, though.

It wasn't until she got involved with Travis that she truly went off the rails. That's just a fact.

Equipped with one set of biases, she was normal enough till then. He yanked her chains by saying he didn't want a relationship, but telling her I love you and wanting to have sex. He said awful things to her. He said to friends that she was stalking him and that he was afraid of her, but he kept calling. Whether he knew she was coming or not on June 4, he had sex with her that day instead of calling the police.

He was conflicted. Being conflicted could make him feel angry with himself and angry with her, and cause him to push and pull her.

If she has BPD, maybe that push and pull ultimately pushed her over the ledge. Doesn't make it his fault, but allows for the reality that the events leading up to the murder itself involved two people, not just the killer.

2nd BBM
Maryann, I was under the impression that Sky and Chris Hughes were listed as defense witnesses. So is my understanding that Juan couldn't call them to the stand as a witness for the state incorrect? TIA

I'm not sure how that works, but I think when the DT brought this email up, Juan had the right to call them to rebut it. Nurmi found out in a hurry that Chris Hughes was not going to be the wittiness he wanted on the stand after that little questioning period he did with Chris with the jury out of the room. LOL! Chris told Nurmi that he had lied to them about the pedo letters, that he had called Nurmi a snake, or something to that effect, and that Jodi had killed his best friend in cold blood! Nope, Nurmi wasn't gonna call him up to the stand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea