Canada - Laura Babcock, 23, Toronto, 26 June 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I definitely would not use a burner phone! But ppl do have the right to be skeptical with all these random scandals that happen in all walks of life, professions, charities, LE, judicial systems, churches, organized sports, hackers, I can go on & on....If I made a cal it woud not be with my landline or cell phone and I would make it from a phone booth (if I could find one :)) with no cameras around....or just use a carrier pigeon haha
No more phone booths that I know of...Really, "crimestoppers = anonymity" HOW SO?

I think it sounds quite possible someone would get an incinerator after the fact. We hear about bodies being found all over the place - lakes, rivers, dumpsters, suitcases ... It's apparently not that easy to get rid of a body. :sick:

Sorry to sound gruesome here, but in the case out west (Picton) the bodies were fed to pigs as pigs eat pretty much anything apparently. I doubt someone would wait for an incinerator for weeks to eliminate a body. Birds of prey and wildlife would be accessing remains if left in a field surely. JMO

Sorry to sound gruesome here, but in the case out west (Picton) the bodies were fed to pigs as pigs eat pretty much anything apparently. I doubt someone would wait for an incinerator for weeks to eliminate a body. Birds of prey and wildlife would be accessing remains if left in a field surely. JMO

I'm not convinced that the incinerator was purchased as part of a nefarious plot (yet) but do you have any other theories as to why it may have been purchased given that livestock was not part of the equation?

Well I definitely would not use a burner phone! But ppl do have the right to be skeptical with all these random scandals that happen in all walks of life, professions, charities, LE, judicial systems, churches, organized sports, hackers, I can go on & on....If I made a cal it woud not be with my landline or cell phone and I would make it from a phone booth (if I could find one :)) with no cameras around....or just use a carrier pigeon haha

Oh come on now...
every0NE has a "burner" phone these days!

JUST KIDDING.

moo

Was Dellen doing work in that swamp area on his property?

OK, first, my theory involves DM having sociopathic tendencies, and this leap is based on just what I can assemble. (Risk taker, wealthy, teenaged social outcast).

Now let's say that LB didn't let it end at the phonecalls and stopped by DM's house, or DM finally said, sure come on over. Either way, something happens and LB ends up dead. He buys the incinerator and gets rid of the evidence on the farm he recently bought to build a house on. He gets away with it...and somewhere actually got off on it. So, Dad's in love again and talking about getting married again. If Dad didn't want to get a prenup, that'd leave Dellen losing money so he decides to off Dad. People have killed for a lot less than $millions. He sets it up like a suicide...and gets away with it AGAIN!!! OK, now he's riding the tide. He's Batman! He starts talking to MS (A guy he deals drugs with) and MS says he'd do a carjacking if he got to keep the truck...Tim Bosma.

I think that actually just about explains all of the evidence.

dad talking about getting married again is just your speculation right?

how does DM benefit from a carjacking if MS gets to keep the truck?

Crimestoppers in Canada is 100% anonymous. They do not trace you and will not.

They advertise themselves as "Anonymous" (the word is all over their website) but notice the method that they ask you to use to submit a tip.

They do not say email your tip to their address - instead on their website they have a button to click "submit tip" which brings you to an online form to fill out.

When you fill out this form and press "submit" your tip goes to Crime-stoppers along with your I.P. address. IMO I suspect that Crime-stoppers submits to LE the I.P. address information along with the tip.

If the information furnished is of such a nature that leads LE to believe that the tipster may in fact be a suspect in a crime LE could track down the tipster based on the I.P. address. If you submitted the tip from a home computer as opposed to free wi-fi (e.g. Starbucks) LE could be at the tipsters door in hours.

I think it is disingenuous for Crime-stoppers to bill themselves as anonymous when they are soliciting tips in an online manner that makes it easy to track the tipster.

A more secure way to submit a tip would be via email using a web-based service like Hotmail or Gmail (using a fictitious name of course).

That was reported in the media last week. CityTV News crime reporter Jim Junkin was told by LE that just before his death WM told his family "he was in love and about to be married"

Haven't seen this posted yet. Here is a link to CityTV's report this afternoon with an interview with LB's mother.

http://www.citynews.ca/2013/05/28/t...illard-farm-property/#related-content-preview

In the interview her mother states that the family was not informed by Toronto Police that they would be conducting this search of the farm which I find very odd. Wouldn't it be a common courtesy to phone the family this morning just to give them the heads up and offer some words of reassurance? Why should the family of a missing person have to learn about a major development involving the disappearance of their loved one through the media?

:uthere: Let's knock off the disparaging remarks about the family. It's disrespectful, goes nowhere but to argument, and doesn't advance the case for Laura.

how does DM benefit from a carjacking if MS gets to keep the truck?

I read about WM getting married again here...I'd have to look up the reference...and it's late, I'm tired and not doing it right now. I think at the point of TB, DM was in it for the thrill...got away wit it twice and thought he was invincible.

:uthere: Let's knock off the disparaging remarks about the family. It's disrespectful, goes nowhere but to argument, and doesn't advance the case for Laura.

Is this comment in response to my post directly above? If so I am a little confused since there is nothing in my comments that could be seen as disparaging the family - LE perhaps- but not the family.

Perhaps the offending post to which this comment has been directed has been deleted.

A more secure way to submit a tip would be via email using a web-based service like Hotmail or Gmail (using a fictitious name of course).

You don't think they log your IP when you sign up?

If I were worried about my IP being logged I'd be more willing to trust a crimestoppers tip form which at least claims not to log any personally identifiable information over virtually anything else on the internet. Virtually every page logs.

The truly paranoid would be better off with an anonymous proxy based out of a foreign country.

Is this comment in response to my post directly above? If so I am a little confused since there is nothing in my comments that could be seen as disparaging the family - LE perhaps- but not the family.

Perhaps the offending post to which this comment has been directed has been deleted.
I didn't single out any particular post. If you weren't bashing the family, Kevin, then no worries, it doesn't apply to you.

You don't think they log your IP when you sign up?

If I were worried about my IP being logged I'd be more willing to trust a crimestoppers tip form which at least claims not to log any personally identifiable information over virtually anything else on the internet. Virtually every page logs.

The truly paranoid would be better off with an anonymous proxy based out of a foreign country.

Of course an email provider like Hotmail and Gmail have your IP address but using a web-based email adds an extra layer of security for the truly paranoid.

LE would have to subpoena Hotmail or Gmail to get your IP address before getting another subpoena to order your internet provider to disclose your location.

Proxy servers *could* offer greater anonymity but they are not infallible. If someone wants to be truly anonymous probably the best method is sending a type written message via snail-mail without a return address as just about any electronic method can leave a trail.

I didn't single out any particular post. If you weren't bashing the family, Kevin, then no worries, it doesn't apply to you.

OK thanks Bessie. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't stepping over the line.

To Laura's family and friends:

I just wanted to say that I am feeling so incredibly sad for all of you. Laura is your much-loved daughter, sister, granddaughter, niece, cousin, friend. You have been through 11 months of pain, searching, waiting and wondering. Now with all of the talk surrounding this investigation, it's just all too heartbreaking.

For the recent loss of Laura's Grandmother, my sincere condolences to all of Laura's family. To experience grief, in the midst of all of the worry, is so much more than most of us could endure. You are strong for Laura, you are strong for each other.

I am thinking of all of you and I will continue to hope that Laura will come home safe to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member