SIDEBAR #8- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the entire Dr Drew interview with Jurors 6 and 17. Loved them both! Juror 17 is not frumpy by any means. She is cute as a button! Juror 6 is so classy. Juror 10 (on JVM) was great too. Her face reminds me of Nicole Kidman for some reason. Love these jurors. We haven't heard from Jurors 5 and 8 post-verdict. I'm sure I'll love them too. Juror 5 strikes me as a no-nonsense type of girl. Even if she did want to vote for life I think she'd have a decent reason. (what abuse?, cough, cough).

I'm most curious to hear from Mr ponytail. Willie. He looked distraught the last day and I so want to hear from him!

ETA: JA stared down jurors 10 and 17. I think it's because they are relatively young and good-looking.

And I think that JA google-eyed :winkkiss: #18.

How is this case any different from Clara Harris, who snapped and ran over her husband three times. She got murder two and will be eligible for parole this year [which I think is ten years].

It's the same 'overkill.' And I don't think anyone would argue Clara Harris was a psychopath even given the overkill of running over her husband repeatedly. Sometimes people just snap and do outrageous things. Sometimes they are just pushed too far. Or there are extenuating circumstances.

IMO
Clara Harris snapped, she admitted to why she ran him over. Jodi Arias premeditated her crime over a period of time and continued/continues to lie about the crime and motives.

How is this case any different from Clara Harris, who snapped and ran over her husband three times. She got murder two and will be eligible for parole this year [which I think is ten years].

It's the same 'overkill.' And I don't think anyone would argue Clara Harris was a psychopath even given the overkill of running over her husband repeatedly. Sometimes people just snap and do outrageous things. Sometimes they are just pushed too far. Or there are extenuating circumstances.

IMO

Very different because Jodi didn't "snap" - this murder was entirely premeditated.

Do you guys think JSS will rule out cameras in the courtroom for the next phase?

CAMERA RULING | In Session -Pool Camera/Still Camera Approved

[A still camera is used to take photographs and a pool camera is used for a press feed, like the online stream we've been watching.]

Photo: CAMERA RULING | In Session -Pool Camera/Still Camera Approved [A still camera is used to take photographs and a pool camera is used for a press feed, like the online stream we've been watching.].

From the FB page The state vs Jodi Arias

IMO

One does not plan to "snap".

:seeya: Thanks for the links to the AS thread ...

I am going to follow AS's trial ... but I hope it does not interfere with the Penalty Phase for JA ...

:scared: :scared: Keeping up with both psycho's is going to be rough .... :scared::scared:

Hope following both psychos doesn't turn us.........psycho. :crazy: :eek: :behindbar: :saber:

What is your guess as to what her 'Manifesto' is about and do you think we will ever see it?

Here is the transcript of Travis's text messages to JA on May 26, 2008:

This is another text he sent her:

Here are some of the things ALV says that Travis said about JA:

These are the things I think the foreman was talking about when he said he was sure that Travis verbally and emotionally abused JA.

How are Travis' words ABUSE when they're the truth? Harsh? Yes! Abuse? NO! As Jack Nicholson once said, "You can't handle the truth!":twocents:

IMO

If Clara Harris had gone out and bought a new set of huge, studded, macho tires a day or two before she showed up at that hotel, then I'd see more similarities with Jodi's situation.

How does anyone use these (mod snipped) notepad thingies to navigate a forum and type replies?!!

Scrolling is difficult, keeping track of pages is near impossible, and typing is an absolute nightmare...one finger, hitting wrong keys, lines go everywhere, accidentally erasing whole paragraphs...

Any suggestions for how to make it easier??

---I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Yes. I think it's far more likely that Mr. Foreman despises JM and refused to vote for the dp as a way of sticking it to him and denying him a "win" than it is to believe Mr. F was enamored with JA. I admire JM, but imo he should drop unnecessary snark like asking Dr. Geffner if he attended the "Alyce LaViolette school of truth telling." Or mocking Nurmi's stance at the podium by imitating it for JA. Funny maybe, but probably counter-productive with some jurors imo.

I agree with you that the foreman despised Juan. He didn't like it that he was so rough on Jodi. As far as the other things Juan did, they actually made me laugh out loud. Nothing Samuels, or La Violette said could be taken seriously. Most of the time, I agreed with Juan on how hard he was on the witnesses, but there was a time or two, I just wanted him to end it. I'll never forget the one time when Juan asked Jodi...did I ask you that, and she said, I thought you did. Well, he did ask her that (whatever it was, can't remember) That was one of the times he crossed the line. 99% of the time, he was on target with his rampages. Had I been a juror, I would have been thankful for every minute he had the floor. The other two made me want to pull my hair out!

How are Travis' words ABUSE when they're the truth? Harsh? Yes! Abuse? NO! As Jack Nicholson once said, "You can't handle the truth!":twocents:

In that case, we can define all verbal abuse out of existence, by simply calling it "the truth." In fact, that's one of the tools of verbal abusers.

How does anyone use these (mod snipped) notepad thingies to navigate a forum and type replies?!!

Scrolling is difficult, keeping track of pages is near impossible, and typing is an absolute nightmare...one finger, hitting wrong keys, lines go everywhere, accidentally erasing whole paragraphs...

Download the tapatalk app ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely NOT -- because Jodi will NOT let her ...

Jodi runs the show ... not Judge Sherry ...

MOO !

:seeya:

I was thinking CMJA would WANT the cameras back to get her back into the limelight - but I think the fact that she's locked up 23 hrs/day now, she is gonna have a reality check, and I think she will be MUCH more likely to listen to Nurmi/JW this time around.

IMO

PREMEDITATION! Big difference. Plus, her (Jodi) defense team didn't claim "Crime of Passion". They claimed "Self-Defense". They wanted Jodi to be acquitted.:seeya:

I have the exact same problem. What the heck causes it to erase whole paragraphs? Cursor jumping all over the place, etc. I took my last Toshiba back to the store and bought a HP because of this problem. I paid $600 for the HP on sale. It is doing the same thing. I blame it on Windows 8, what do you think?

I agree with you that the foreman despised Juan. He didn't like it that he was so rough on Jodi. As far as the other things Juan did, they actually made me laugh out loud. Nothing Samuels, or La Violette said could be taken seriously. Most of the time, I agreed with Juan on how hard he was on the witnesses, but there was a time or two, I just wanted him to end it. I'll never forget the one time when Juan asked Jodi...did I ask you that, and she said, I thought you did. Well, he did ask her that (whatever it was, can't remember) That was one of the times he crossed the line. 99% of the time, he was on target with his rampages. Had I been a juror, I would have been thankful for every minute he had the floor. The other two made me want to pull my hair out!

With her snarky remarks and disrespectful attitude I can't believe the foreman would approve of that kind of behaviour. JM was only aggressive with her when she was totally unresponsive. She was a mess and deserved all she got. Actually more. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23