SIDEBAR #8- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone I missed the tunes!:seeya:

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tpprOGsLWUo"]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tpprOGsLWUo[/ame]

Just turned 60 and I know, listened to, watched and appreciated these people.

Oh, it has nothing to do with knowing and appreciating Sinatra, Presley and Liz Taylor. I'm 58 and still adore listening to Elvis.

It's just that if the goal was to manipulate those "older jurors" with portraits of contemporaries, then CMja would have done better to have chosen people from my generation, not my mother's. Sinatra was born in 1915, IIRC. Hmm. I suppose a nice portrait of John Lennon would be out, because he was murdered. That would have not gone over well.

I'm smiling a little at some of the generalizations about and criticism of the older jurors. We don't go all soft-hearted, senile and unable to make rational decisions once we become eligible for AARP!

It's either detox or OD in the ER today. Yay me. Is it 7p yet?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDPjYZxi0n8"]The Supremes At Hollywood Palace "Stop In The Name Of Love" - YouTube[/ame]

I have the exact same problem. What the heck causes it to erase whole paragraphs? Cursor jumping all over the place, etc. I took my last Toshiba back to the store and bought a HP because of this problem. I paid $600 for the HP on sale. It is doing the same thing. I blame it on Windows 8, what do you think?

I don't think I have W'8. My problem is more about the tiny keyboard, I think. Do you plug in a real keyboard?

Just watched the entire Dr Drew interview with Jurors 6 and 17. Loved them both! Juror 17 is not frumpy by any means. She is cute as a button! Juror 6 is so classy. Juror 10 (on JVM) was great too. Her face reminds me of Nicole Kidman for some reason. Love these jurors. We haven't heard from Jurors 5 and 8 post-verdict. I'm sure I'll love them too. Juror 5 strikes me as a no-nonsense type of girl. Even if she did want to vote for life I think she'd have a decent reason. (what abuse?, cough, cough).

I'm most curious to hear from Mr ponytail. Willie. He looked distraught the last day and I so want to hear from him!

ETA: JA stared down jurors 10 and 17. I think it's because they are relatively young and good-looking.[/QUOTE]

bbm

Agreed! And didn't it say in KCL's descriptions that #10 would wear form-fitting shirts? Bet CMJA was furious that her ta-tas looked better than her own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also on 17's twitter, someone said she liked her stilettos's every day, so she seems to be pretty stylish. Again, red flad CMJA JEALOUS!!!!!!

I think Juan needs to put a HOT, BEAUTIFUL young lady in the jury with beautiful face and beautiful body, who will just push CMJA"S buttons. I cannot wait to see what CMJA will do, probably will stare at her the whole time (insert - evil thoughts running rampant in her mind!!!).

In that case, we can define all verbal abuse out of existence, by simply calling it "the truth." In fact, that's one of the tools of verbal abusers.

The words were abusive.

I feel most people believe they were warranted.

IMO regardless... I do not feel Jodi was an emotionally or psychologically abused woman by Travis or anyone else. There was no pattern or history of verbal abuse. Few a few isolated abusive words do not a domestic violence victim make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking CMJA would WANT the cameras back to get her back into the limelight - but I think the fact that she's locked up 23 hrs/day now, she is gonna have a reality check, and I think she will be MUCH more likely to listen to Nurmi/JW this time around.

IMO no way! She isn't gonna listen to anyone. If anything she's gonna want to represent herself...again

Oh, it has nothing to do with knowing and appreciating Sinatra, Presley and Liz Taylor. I'm 58 and still adore listening to Elvis.

It's just that if the goal was to manipulate those "older jurors" with portraits of contemporaries, then CMja would have done better to have chosen people from my generation, not my mother's. Sinatra was born in 1915, IIRC. Hmm. I suppose a nice portrait of John Lennon would be out, because he was murdered. That would have not gone over well.

I'm smiling a little at some of the generalizations about and criticism of the older jurors. We don't go all soft-hearted, senile and unable to make rational decisions once we become eligible for AARP!

I'm 46 and enjoy them as well

I was thinking CMJA would WANT the cameras back to get her back into the limelight - but I think the fact that she's locked up 23 hrs/day now, she is gonna have a reality check, and I think she will be MUCH more likely to listen to Nurmi/JW this time around.

I doubt it. She's incapable of understanding her own mistakes. IMO she's even less likely to rely on her DT since in her mind no doubt they are at fault for getting her convicted.

Certainly don't go all soft hearted, but maybe a little bit more rational and logical about things. Not quick to react but think things through.

Oh and btw what is older? Older than what???? :) jmo

How is this case any different from Clara Harris, who snapped and ran over her husband three times. She got murder two and will be eligible for parole this year [which I think is ten years].

It's the same 'overkill.' And I don't think anyone would argue Clara Harris was a psychopath even given the overkill of running over her husband repeatedly. Sometimes people just snap and do outrageous things. Sometimes they are just pushed too far. Or there are extenuating circumstances.

IMO

Found guilty of 1st degree Murder. Received 20 years for "sudden passion". Parole denied.
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...ed-for-Friendswood-s-Clara-Harris-4430944.php

BBM: I can't think of anything that will be cause for JA to have a "reality check" ... she is defiant and arrogant and evil ...

JMO but I don't think she will ever listen to Nurmi or Jenni next time ... she ran the show last time and look where it got her ... :furious: ... and no doubt she is bragging about it -- she had 4 people fall for her BS and that is huge, IMO !

I think she will come out MORE defiant and arrogant than ever ... but that's MOO !

:seeya:

With her snarky remarks and disrespectful attitude I can't believe the foreman would approve of that kind of behaviour. JM was only aggressive with her when she was totally unresponsive. She was a mess and deserved all she got. Actually more. jmo

So right.

This is why I agree with Wendy Murphy,,,,,,,that s e x/p o r n was the determining factor in the non-verdict,,,,,,,,not the age of the jurors.

I just can't see jurors of my generation (age 61) feeling sorry for a smart-mouth little snark. We were raised to respect our elders.

Thanks, kaRN. It's nice to have an expert onboard!

There was an incident when I was young. I believe a neighborhood kid got bitten by a squirrel, and it was running around like a maniac. One of the neighborhood dads got a board and hit it, right there in front of all us kids, so he could take it to be checked for rabies.

I believe the child got shots, just in case. As a child, I didn't follow up, and don't know if the squirrel actually had rabies. You certainly couldn't tell from their behavior, as squirrels always act crazy (when they're not just standing there being cute)!

I have personal experience with rabies and if your story was back in the day, there's no way a child would have beens subjected to a whole series of shots unless the animal came back positive for rabies. (unlikely for a squirrel)

My cousin and I were exposed to rabies when we were 10. At that time the shots were horrendous, given in the abdomen every day for three weeks, they would make welts the size of a half-dollar, after the first week there was no spot left so the injections came on top of other areas already sore. For the first few days we were hospitalized but even thoguh we were too sore to move we weren't sick, so then we went to my cousin's house, his parents were physicians and could give the injections, found out later they had no qualms about slightly sedating us after week 2 just to lessen the misery, ours and theirs. ... we were 10, not allowed out of bed, there were hospital beds set up for us in the living room and event though it was summer we got to watch TV all day. And all kinds of junk food. (big deal back then) But I'll never forget the pain or the dread of Aunt barbara approaching us with the syringes, the huge syringes with huge needles.

It's known as "the summer of rabies."

Fast-forward about 30 years, my son and I get entangled up with some bats, he had some broken skin. I had a positive titre for rabies so nothing for me, he had three shots over two weeks I think. Tiny little shots in the arm. (And FYI, he has no desire at all to hear another re-telling of my "back in the day I had to walk three miles uphill for my rabies shot...." story)

So, IMO, exposure to rabies is not that big of a deal anymore.

Scary, yes. But pretty simple to take care of.

In that case, we can define all verbal abuse out of existence, by simply calling it "the truth." In fact, that's one of the tools of verbal abusers.

BBM:
That would be using a pretty broad brush. There is 'verbal abuse' and there is 'telling it like it is'. Travis wanted her out of his life and she wouldn't go away. When he got to his wits end he used some pretty harsh words to tell her why. Some people need to hear the truth, no matter how harsh. (Yet she STILL wouldn't just walk away.):twocents:

Hey now. I'm a liberal, in my 60s, reasonably well educated, well read and not overly stupid, and I would have voted for death with no problem whatsoever. Same with my husband, who's 75.

;)

I don't think a lot of people understand that correlation does not equal causation.

There would have to be studies with participants numbering in the thousands to determine if older people were swayed one way or the other towards life or death penalty, regardless of the case, the facts or anything but their age.

i'm finding it kind of offensive that the jurors who voted for life are given no credit for thinking, "they just voted that way because they were old." or "they didn't listen."

Just because someone doesn't see things your way doesn't mean they didn't listen. That's such an arrogant and distasteful way of thinking,

there's verbal abuse and there's name calling, i think the difference is obvious, travis was guilty of the latter, the foreman and three other jurors apparently found him guilty of the prior, which i find mind boggling. also, fwiw, i don't "respect" the opinion of those jurors who believed arias was verbally abused, nor do i feel have to, because they got it wrong. just as i don't respect the opinion of those that believe wolverines make good house pets, because they're wrong as well.

The words were abusive.

I feel most people believe they were warranted.

IMO regardless... I do not feel Jodi was an emotionally or psychologically abused woman by Travis or anyone else. There was no pattern or history of verbal abuse. Few a few isolated abusive words do not a domestic violence victim make.

Yeah exactly. I think the point-of-view of the people who listen to it make a difference - for example, if a man DOES NOT EVER say a bad word to his wife, then he would find it as being "abusive." But not everyone deal with something the same way - for example, perhaps this man's way of dealing with fights with his wife, is just to leave the room and go outside and smoke or something. Or go out with his friends. Travis had a different way of dealing with it....she had done something to him, and he felt she had to KNOW how much she had hurt him.

I can say this because my husband has a personality where, if he gets angry, he takes it out by saying mean things. I don't take it personally. I understand that that is part of the way his personally is. I used to take it very personally, until I realized how his personality works. 10 minutes later he'll be fine, and I know he didn't mean the words.

I think that my experience makes it easier for me to understand those text messages. But I see how some people have a different point of reference and different experiences with their spouses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave