AK, NY Israel Keyes - Who are all of his victims???

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the FBI timeline, IK was in "the western U.S ". from 1/11/2010 until 2/24 /2010...

Yes, I know that, but "western U.S." comprises at least ten different states. Hopefully GGE's awesome sleuth skills can find something more specific. Several threads are being hijacked by IK theories, imo, and it would be nice for the discussion to move on if it can be proven he was somewhere more specific than "western U.S."

Hi guys, I was out of the thread for a bit over a day due to being sidetracked by a different thread here in this forum ("where is my sister??" thread) and then got caught up transcribing the Oklahoma City scanner feed for the scanner forum last night for a couple of hours, due to the tornadoes.

So... the question was so kindly put forth, where was IK the first two weeks of 2010?

This is one that I am sadly unable to help with very much unless there's newer info out there floating around the net that's come out in the past week or two... up until that point, at least, LE has been what I consider to be "intentionally vague" about his particular travels durng that time frame.

Originally FBI put out the timeline with all periods worded similarly - like "Western US" rather than "flew AK to Seattle, rented car, drove *advertiser censored* miles".

Then they let out an updated timeline that I could only find in ONE SPOT, which is the interactive map digndoodle posted a link to a couple of pages ago, and that timeline updated almost the entire original timeline with specifics... but not for the beginning of 2010. :(

So right now what we have around that time frame is the following:

1/11 - 2/25 - Western US

In the older timeline they said "Western US" very very often, and a majority of the time that ended up being updated later to say "flew AK to Seattle" and then gave more information from there, usually him flying someplace from Seattle and then eventually returning.

Since they've intentionally left it vague in this case for a good six weeks I find it absolutely STRONGLY indicative of this time frame being another long-distance-traveling kill trip.

The fact they left it only saying "Western US" despite that tells me that this trip likely spanned the left-hand side of the US up through BC and into Alaska... he almost ALWAYS included Seattle as his main airport hub so I'd include Washington state in there... and I have a gut feeling we need to look at California as well as possibly into Arizona but I have NOTHING whatsoever to back that up with but gut. Which is only slightly less often wrong that right... so.

Basically I took a long time to say "yeah that's all the info we have right now", sorry.

Remember awhile back just right before he supposedly killed himself....He did tell APD that he was responsible for 4 deaths in California, he would not give names but he did tell them 4 in California.......JMO but I have searched a lot about his family...Calif. is the 1 place he has relatives all over and he was known to travel to different parts of Calif. often so Yes he was very familiar I would say with various parts of Calif.

SBM -

digndoodle, you always throw stuff out there that I missed. I'm learning very fast not to doubt you but it's in my nature to want to read stuff for myself when I haven't read it yet, and I've never heard that about four in california. I've no doubt, based on past experience, taht you're correct but if you can find a link to share with us that says that, it would definitely help me out. :)

I do not know where or how he booked his trips Liz b, but He got his money from robbing banks and that is something he confessed to, plus he confessed to breaking in homes and usually sat them on fire....and also IK just seemed to have loved the ATM machines......He took Samantha Koenigs, took a pin and indented it into the card, and he used it multiple times to blackmail the family..the last amount being $30,000.00........In some victims I feel if they did not have an ATM, I think he took money from their wallets because a lot of his possible victims that has been discussed was known to be missing wallets or cellphones

There's a $300 per ATM withdrawal limit. He went to ATMs with her card like a thousand times? Are you sure? I would think he could NEVER get that much transferred without going online to initiate an EFT from her account into his own, which I've done before a billion times but never with that much money, or else he got a cashier's check which I find crazy-unlikely.

But it's early and I'm still drinking coffee, so if I missed something obvious I claim lack-of-caffeine-induced-brain-deficiency!

Yes, I know that, but "western U.S." comprises at least ten different states. Hopefully GGE's awesome sleuth skills can find something more specific. Several threads are being hijacked by IK theories, imo, and it would be nice for the discussion to move on if it can be proven he was somewhere more specific than "western U.S."

I'm taking a closer look at 2010 right now, even though the FBI timeline hasn't bee updated for this chunk of time.

That in itself actually makes me queasy. They left the entire first half of 2010 undetailed... which makes me think they're probably busily working that time frame, probably because they have a good solid lead on whatever he was up to during that time already and want the public to focus on all the other times instead and leave them to work this time frame themselves.... of course this is all speculation...

Lets look at the end of 2009 to see what the last details are:

ORIGINAL FBI TIMELINE: Southern US - 12/17 - 12/29 2009

UPDATED FBI Timeline - 12/17 - 12/29, 2009: AK to Orlando, FL
Flew from Anchorage, AK to Orlando, FL on 12/17/2009.
No known rental vehicle.
Left Orlando on 12/29/2009.

And then for 2010:
Western US - 1/11 - 2 /25 2010
---------

So, he was not traveling (and presumably in AK) between 12/30 - 1/11 which is under two weeks, and then off he went for 6 weeks.

Let me see if I can come up with anything else.. not sure what or how but who knows.

Bumping your photos so I can see what my hubby thinks... I'm afraid he's going to say the closeup is still too small and dark to really tell much though.

One thing that I notice is that the guy in the white shirt with the dark vest is there with another guy with longer dark hair parted in the middle.. I always assumed you meant the guy in the white shirt and dark vest but I guess I better make sure that's who you mean before I ask him!

Can't even believe that's a wife beater/tank top and not a white shirt with a black vest. Unfortunately the photo is just not close up enough for us to be able to say for sure if it could be him. :(

Can't even believe that's a wife beater/tank top and not a white shirt with a black vest. Unfortunately the photo is just not close up enough for us to be able to say for sure if it could be him. :(

I assure you it was not a white shirt. I was waaaayyyy too close to him on the trail and couldn't stop staring at his skin - it was completely hairless - like using a depilatory on his whole body. I drove the hubby nuts talking about it, wondering WHY a man would do that. The only things I could come up with were bodybuilder (possible given how muscular he was but not bulky enough), professional swimmer (cut down on drag) or a murderer trying not to leave any DNA behind. And it wasn't shaved off either. He had dark hair and very white skin, it would have been noticeable. It had been waxed, depilatoried or he naturally had no body hair.

C.R.E.E.P.Y!!!

Dennis Vern Kunkel
Caucasian male, brown hair, blue eyes
Last seen May 18, 2010
from Medina, Ohio
DOB: 4/19/66
6' - 6'1, 165 - 185#

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kunkel_dennis.html

Charley project says he was supposed to meet his father and stepmother the next day to move a boat but never showed up.

http://familysforthemissing.blogspot.com/2012/08/this-is-missing-dennis-vern-kunkel.html
BBM

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/show/9211

BBM

Medina, Ohio. Smack in the middle between Chicago, IL and Grabill, IN (where his two sisters were living at the time).

http://www.ohio.com/news/family-baffled-by-medina-man-s-disappearance-1.193932

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/...ssing-Persons/Cold-Case-Missing-Adults/Kunkel

Ok, it is bad form to quote myself, but I want to keep all this information together.

Reminder:
1/11/10 - 2/25/10: Western U.S. - 45 days
3 days unaccounted for
3/1/10 - 3/10/10: Western U.S. - 9 days
45 days between
4/24/10 - 4/30/10: Western U.S. - 6 days
19 days between
5/19/10 - 7/18/10: Midwest U.S. and Western U.S. - 60 days
7/18/10 -7/22/10: Southwest U.S. - 4 days
85 days between
10/15/10 - 10/25/10: Midwest U.S., Eastern U.S. - 10 days

No information has been provided about where he flew into, whether he had rental vehicles, etc. But he was in the lower 48 for much of 2010 and listed as being in the Midwest on 5/19/10 - the day Dennis Vern Kunkel is believed to have disappeared.

Additionally, Kunkel's truck was found just south of the Portage Lakes State Park:
http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/portage/tabid/779/default.aspx
http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Portals/2/parkmaps/portagelakesparkmap.pdf

Trails
4 trails for running or hiking
Planet Walk Trail - 1 Mile
Shoreline Trail - 5 Miles
Rabbit Hill Trail - 1 Mile
Pheasant Run Loop - 1 Mile

BBM
Fishing
Anglers will find good catches of largemouth bass, walleye, muskellunge, pickerel, pan fish, channel catfish, bullhead and carp.
Platform at North Reservoir provides wheelchair access for fishing
Valid Ohio fishing license is required

http://www.ohiodnr.com/wildlife/dow/regulations/vendors.aspx?zip=Zip Code&city=akron&county=
PARTY LINE BEVERAGE & BAIT
424 W TURKEYFOOT LAKE RD
AKRON, OH

http://www.enterprise.com/car_rental/deeplinkmap.do?gpbr=3945&bid=004&cnty=US
Enterprise Rent-A-Car
727 E TURKEYFOOT LAKE RD
AKRON, OH

Dennis's car was abandoned at the Subway at 5105 Manchester Rd, Akron.

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=424+W+TURKEYFOOT+LAKE+RD%2c+AKRON%2cOH+44319"]424 W Turkeyfoot Lake Rd, Akron, OH 44319 - Google Maps[/ame]

4.8 miles between the rental car place and where his truck was found and the fishing license/beverage store right between the two.

Cherry on top was the fact that they have vault latrines at Portage Lakes, which IK was involved in constructing for the Makah:
http://liveweb.archive.org/web/20120414205847/http://keyesconstruction.net/work_history
2001-2007: Worked for the Makah Tribal Council in Neah Bay, Wa. as the lead in their brand new Parks and Recreation dept. Built many trails, recreational buildings and assisted the public works department in times of need or emergency situations.Coordinated the purchase, maintenance, and operation of machinery and equipment including a pump truck and portable as well as permanent remote toilet facilities.

Then you have the still unidentified body in Stacyville, Maine (34 miles to Smyrna, ME where his sisters live):
http://bangordailynews.com/2010/11/...ase-more-details-on-body-found-in-stacyville/
http://www.wlbz2.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=135418

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...&sa=X&ei=yySqUf3MD4nVrQfO04HgDA&ved=0CIoBELYD

To recap:
Dennis Vern Kunkel
Caucasian Male
Current age would be 47
6'0 - 6'1, 165 - 185#
Missing since 5/19/2010
Cashed in $11,000 in gold in weeks before disappearance

Unidentified male
Found 11/5/2010 in Stacyville, Maine
Thought to have died sometime in September 2010 but cause of death is undetermined (no signs of foul play but body was in advanced state of decomposition).
Believed to be in his 50's, about 5'9" and around 150#.

There's a $300 per ATM withdrawal limit. He went to ATMs with her card like a thousand times? Are you sure? I would think he could NEVER get that much transferred without going online to initiate an EFT from her account into his own, which I've done before a billion times but never with that much money, or else he got a cashier's check which I find crazy-unlikely.

But it's early and I'm still drinking coffee, so if I missed something obvious I claim lack-of-caffeine-induced-brain-deficiency
!

Oh yes, I missed something alright.

You said he blackmailed the family out of that much, not that he actually got it into his own hands for spending purposes. :blushing: :blushing:

I assure you it was not a white shirt. I was waaaayyyy too close to him on the trail and couldn't stop staring at his skin - it was completely hairless - like using a depilatory on his whole body. I drove the hubby nuts talking about it, wondering WHY a man would do that. The only things I could come up with were bodybuilder (possible given how muscular he was but not bulky enough), professional swimmer (cut down on drag) or a murderer trying not to leave any DNA behind. And it wasn't shaved off either. He had dark hair and very white skin, it would have been noticeable. It had been waxed, depilatoried or he naturally had no body hair.

C.R.E.E.P.Y!!!

I totally didn't even think of that. And I do see what you mean now that you mention it. Huh...

Wait, Lucky1, I have a better official timeline than that for 2010, here you go:

old timeline said :
5/19 - 7/18, 2010: FBI Timeline - Midwest & Western US
BUT we now know is whereabouts from 6/9 onward:

6/9/2010: Alaska
Keyes obtained an Alaska fishing license June 9, 2010.

7/7/10 - Anchorage, AK to Seattle, WA
Flew from Anchorage, AK to Seattle, WA on 7/7/10.
Rented a vehicle and drove 393 miles.

7/9/2010: Seattle, WA to Sacramento, CA
Flew from Seattle, WA to Sacramento, CA on 7/9/2010.
Rented a vehicle and drove 232 miles.
Left Sacramento for Anchorage, AK on 7/12/2010.

7/12/2010: Sacramento, CA to Anchorage, AK

7/20/2010: Anchorage, AK to Las Vegas, NV
Flew from Anchorage, AK to Las Vegas, NV on 7/20/2010.
No known rental vehicle.
Left Las Vegas on 7/22/2010.

10/15/2010: Anchorage, AK to Chicago, IL
Flew from Anchorage, AK to Chicago, IL on 10/15/2010.

10/15/2010: Chicago, IL to Boston, MA
Continued on to Boston, MA on 10/15/2010.
Rented a vehicle - mileage unknown.
Left Boston on 10/25/2010.

Wait, Lucky1, I have a better official timeline than that for 2010, here you go:

old timeline said :
BUT we now know is whereabouts from 6/9 onward:

No known rental vehicle.

Do you remember where that bolded piece of info came from? The official FBI thingy-magijjy (which I understand was simply a jumping off point) said he was in the Midwest and Western US from 5/19/10 to 7/18/10.....an Alaskan fishing license on 6/9/10 kinda fudges that all up! Also, if he was in Anchorage on 7/7 he couldn't have been in the lower 48. Hmmmmm

Circles, circles and more circles.

Ok, ok, so closer reading of this tells me they are filling in the blanks as they go and that also means to me that none of what they are telling us is set in stone IMVHO.

Do you remember where that bolded piece of info came from? The official FBI thingy-magijjy (which I understand was simply a jumping off point) said he was in the Midwest and Western US from 5/19/10 to 7/18/10.....an Alaskan fishing license on 6/9/10 kinda fudges that all up! Also, if he was in Anchorage on 7/7 he couldn't have been in the lower 48. Hmmmmm

Circles, circles and more circles.

Ok, ok, so closer reading of this tells me they are filling in the blanks as they go and that also means to me that none of what they are telling us is set in stone IMVHO.

sorry, that's from the FB page run by Samantha Koenig's father, I meant to note anything non-FBI as such, good catch! All fishing license entries are from FB. I do not know if that is the date a mailed in application is approved, if there is such a thing as a mailed in application, or what the deal is.

Okay... I think I just finished typing up and editing the two timelines and merging them together, along with the timeline info from the FB page run by Sam Koenig's father.

Here is what I came up with:

-----------------

1978: Richmond?, UT?
FB has a report from someone claiming to be Keyes' babysitter who says they were raised Mormon in Utah before moving to Washington and joining an Amish community.

1994 - 1995/6: 1900 Rocky Creek Rd (County Highway 4699?) Colville, WA
(Colville National Forest, Colville, WA 99114) "Keyes lived at these two address in Colville prior to 1997, when he moved to Port Orchard Washington. We do not know yet when he arrived in Colville"

1995/6 - 1997: 2145 Rocky Lake Rd, Colville, WA
FB states "1995/6 - Keyes has a falling out with his parents and moves out of his parent's home (he was 17). Parents tell siblings they are not allowed to have contact with him at this time."

1997: 7274 SW Alta Vista Dr, Port Orchard,WA
FB states that Keyes had a phone number in his name at this address in 1997.

10/23/1997: 511 Poplar St, Constable, NY
Keyes bought this house October 23, 1997. it has 10 acres, most of it wooded. also an artesian well.

1998: Maupin, OR
FB states that in 1998 Keyes' parents had a phone in their name in Maupin, OR.. no other info at this time.

ca. 1996- 1998: Oregon
first crime - Keyes raped a 14 - 16 year old girl along the Deschutes River near Maupin, Oregon in the summer sometime from 1996 - 1998.

1998: New Jersey
Keyes' Army enlistment shows New Jersey as his home of record. NOTE: Home of Record is NJ, which seems odd but it is NOT the same as "legal residence".

1999: Colville, WA
FB states that in 1999 Keyes' parents had phone numbers registered to their names in both Colville, WA and at Keyes' Constable, NY house.

1999: Constable, NY house
FB states that in 1999 Keyes' parents had phone numbers registered to their names in both Colville, WA and at Keyes' Constable, NY house.

7/9/1998 - 7/8/2001: Army service [incl. Fort Hood, TX]
Keyes served in the US Army from July 9,1998 - July 8, 2001, was honorably discharged in 2001. said he couldn't wait to get out of the army so he could begin murdering people.

7/9/1998 - 7/8/2001: Army service [incl. Sinai, Egypt]
Keyes served in the US Army from July 9,1998 - July 8, 2001, was honorably discharged in 2001. said he couldn't wait to get out of the army so he could begin murdering people. Served in WA, TX, and Eg...

5/13/2001: DUI - Tacoma, WA
Keyes got a DUI in Tacoma, WA in 2001, the year he got out of the Army. case # C17358TC Thurston County, WA - May 13, 2001; disposition 1/9/2002

7/8/2001: Last location of Army service: Fort Lewis, WA
10/6/2004: Seattle, WA to Manchester, NH
Flew from Seattle, WA to Manchester NH.
No known rental car.
Leaves Manchester on 10/16/04.

4/20 - 25, 2005: FBI Timeline - Washington & BC
FBI timeline puts Keyes in Washington and British Columbia from 4/20 - 4/25 2005

10/3/2005: Flew Los Angeles, CA to Belize
Flew from Los Angeles, CA to Belize on 10/3/2005.
No known rental car.
Leaves Belize on 10/31/2005.

5/10/2006: Portland, OR to San Diego, CA
Flew Portland, OR to San Diego, CA on 5/10/2006.
No known rental car.
Left San Diego 5/15/2006

2006: Alaska
FB states that Keyes obtained a fishing license in AK in 2006. FB notes they heard Keyes was in Kenai in 2006 but cannot confirm.

9/1/2006: Seattle, WA to Anchorage
Flew from Seattle, WA to Anchorage, AK on 9/1/2006.
No known rental car.
Left Anchorage on 9/7/2006.

10/1/2006: Seattle, WA to San Diego, CA
Flew Seattle, WA to San Diego, CA on 10/1/2006.
No known rental car.
Walked across border into San Ysidro, Mexico on 10/22/06.
Left San Diego on 10/23/06.

11/8/2006: Seattle, WA to Anchorage, AK
Flew Seattle, WA to Anchorage, AK on 11/8/2006.
No known rental car.
Left Anchorage on 11/13/2006.

2/5/2007: Flew Seattle, WA to Las Vegas, NV
Flew from Seattle to Las Vegas on 2/5/2007.
No known rental car.
Left Las Vegas on 2/8/2007.

3/1 - 9, 2007: FBI Timeline - WA; Canada to Alaska
FBI timeline says Keyes was in Washington and drove through Canada to Alaska between 3/1 - 3/9 2007

3/2007: 2400 block of Spurr Ln, Anchorage, AK
FB says Keyes moved to the Turnagain, Anchorage, AK neighborhood & lived here with his girlfriend and daughter (born 2002) beginning in March, 2007.

4/24/2007: Oakland, CA
Flew from Anchorage, AK to Oakland CA on 4/24/2007.
Rented a vehicle and put 1,444 miles on it.
Left Oakland on 5/4/2007.

5/7/2007: AK
Keyes obtained an Alaska fishing license May 7, 2007.

8/26/2007: Anchorage, AK to Seattle, WA
Flew from Anchorage, AK to Seattle, WA on 8/26/2007.
Rented vehicle in Seattle. Mileage unknown.

8/26/07: Anchorage, AK to Seattle, WA
Flew from Anchorage, AK to Seattle, WA on 8/26/2007.
Rented vehicle in Seattle. Mileage unknown.

?/? - 9/6/2007: Salt Lake City, UT
Rents vehicle in Salt Lake City, UT. [date unspecified]
Mileage unknown.

9/6/2007: Salt Lake City, UT to Seattle, WA
Flies Salt Lake City to Seattle, WA on 9/6/07.
Continues on to Anchorage, AK. [method and date unspecified]

10/29/2007: Anchorage, AK to Los Angeles, CA
Flew from Anchorage, AK to Los Angeles, CA on 10/29/2007.
Rented vehicle and drove 95 miles.
Left Los Angeles on 11/2/2007.

11/12 - 13, 2007: FBI timeline - Western US
FBI timeline puts Keyes in the Western US between 11/12 - 11/13 2007

12/4/2007: Anchorage, AK to Indianapolis, IN
Flew from Anchorage, AK to Indianapolis, IN on 12/4/2007.
Rented vehicle and drove 537 miles.
Left Indianapolis on 12/16/2007.

1/5 - 8, 2008: FBI Timeline - Western US
FBI timeline puts Keyes in the Western US between 1/5 - 1/8 2008

1/28/2008: Anchorage, AK to Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
Flew from Anchorage, AK to Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX on 1/28/08.
Continued on to Mobile, AL (method unspecified).
Rented vehicle and drove 691 miles (no date specified).

2/6/2008: Mobile, AL to Seattle, WA
Left Mobile on 2/6/08, returning only to Seattle, WA.

2/6/2008: Rent car in Seattle, WA
Rented a vehicle in Seattle on 2/6/2008 and put 1,152 miles on it.
Left Seattle heading to Anchorage, AK on 2/15/2008 (no method specified)

5/11 - 5/17, 2008: FBI Timeline - Western US
FBI timeline puts Keyes in the Western US from 5/11 - 5/17 2008

7/3/2008: Anchorage, AK to Salt Lake City, UT
Flew from Anchorage, AK to Salt Lake City, UT on 7/3/08.
Left Salt Lake City on 7/7/08.

9/?/2008 - Anchorage, AK to Los Angeles, CA
Flew from Anchorage, AK to Los Angeles, CA (no date given for flight, only for rental vehicle).
Rented vehicle on 9/6/2008 and drove 991 miles.
Left Los Angeles on 9/19/08.

10/24/2008: Anchorage, AK to Seattle, WA
Flew from Anchorage, AK to Seattle, WA on 10/24/2008.

10/24/2008: Anchorage, AK to Seattle, WA
Flew from Anchorage, AK to Seattle, WA on 10/24/2008.

10/25/2008: Seattle, WA to Minneapolis, MN to Grand Forks, ND
Flew from Seattle to Minneapolis, MN on 10/25/2008.
Flew from Minneapolis to Grand Forks, ND the same day - 10/25/2008.
No known rental car.

10/25/2008: Grand Forks, ND
Flew from Seattle to Minneapolis, MN on 10/25/2008.
Flew from Minneapolis to Grand Forks, ND the same day - 10/25/2008.
No known rental car.

10/30/2008: Phoenix, AZ to San Francisco, CA
Flew from Phoenix, AZ to San Francisco, CA on 10/30/2008.

10/31/2008: San Francisco, CA to Seattle, WA
Flew from San Francisco, CA to Seattle, WA on 10/31/08.
Rented vehicle and drove 626 miles.

11/2/2008: Seattle, WA to Boston & back
Flew from Seattle, WA to Boston, MA on 11/2/2008.
Flew from Boston back to Seattle between 11/2 and 11/5/2008.

11/5/2008: Seattle, WA to Anchorage, AK
Flew from Seattle to Anchorage, AK on 11/5/2008.

12/5/2008: Anchorage, AK to Honolulu, HI
Flew from Anchorage, AK to Honolulu, HI on 12/5/2008.
No known rental vehicle.
Left Honolulu 12/7/2008.

12/11/2008: Anchorage, AK to Cancún, Mexico
Flew from Anchorage, AK to Cancun, Mexico on 12/11/2008.
Left Cancun on 12/25/2008.

2/23/2009: Anchorage, AK to Burbank, CA
Flew from Anchorage, AK to Burbank, CA on 2/23/2009.
No known rental vehicle.
Left Burbank on 2/27/09.

4/1/2009: UPDATED: FBI Timeline - AK to Seattle
Flew from Anchorage, AK to Seattle, WA on 4/1/2009.
Rented a vehicle and drove 637 miles.

4/7/09: Seattle, WA to Manchester, NH
Flew from Seattle, WA to Manchester, NH on 4/7/2009.
Rented a vehicle and put 1,047 miles on it.
Robbed a bank in Tupper Lake, NY on 4/10/2009.
Left Manchester, NH on 4/14/2009.

4/2009: unknown 6
"we know that in April of 2009 he committed a homicide and the victim is buried in upstate New York. We know that."

4/7/2009: Manchester, NH rental car
Flew from Seattle, WA to Manchester, NH on 4/7/2009.
Rented a vehicle and put 1,047 miles on it.

4/8 - 10/2009: Essex, VT
"Keyes checks into Handy Suites in Essex on April 8 [2009] for a two-night stay."

4/10/2009: Tupper Lake, NY bank robbery
"He robs the Community Bank in Tupper Lake, N.Y., on April 10. "

4/14/2009 - Left Manchester, NH
Left Manchester, NH on 4/14/2009.

5/21/2009: Alaska
Keyes obtained an Alaska fishing license May 21, 2009.

7/2009: visited his grandmother in CA
according to FB, Keyes visits California in July 2009 for his grandmother's 90th birthday

9/11 - 10/3, 2009: FBI Timeline - Southern US
FBI Timeline puts Keyes in the Southern US from 9/11 - 10/3 2009

12/17/2009: Anchorage to Orlando, FL
No known rental vehicle.

12/17 - 12/29, 2009: UPDATED FBI Timeline - AK to Orlando, FL
No known rental vehicle.

1/11 - 2/25, 2010: FBI Timeline - Western US
FBI Timeline puts Keyes in the Western US between 1/11 - 2 /25 2010

3/1 - 10, 2010: FBI Timeline - Western US
FBI Timeline puts Keyes in the Western US between 3/1 - 3/10 2010

4/24 - 4/30, 2010: FBI Timeline - Western US
FBI Timeline puts Keyes in the Western US between 4/24 - 4/30 2010

No known rental vehicle.

4/23/2011: Anchorage, AK to Juneau, AK
Flew from Anchorage, AK to Juneau, AK on 4/23/2011.
Left Juneau on 4/25/2011.

6/2/2011: Anchorage to Chicago, IL
Flew from Anchorage, AK to Chicago, IL on 6/2/2011.
Rented a vehicle.

6/5 -8, 2011: Essex, VT
Arrived on 6/5/2011 and checked into the Handy Suites motel for a three day stay.

6/8/2011: Killed Bill and Lorraine Currier
32 Upper Main St, Essex VT 2011

betw. 6/8 - 15, 2011: Maine
After killing the Curriers in VT on 6/8/2011, he visited his parents in Maine.

betw. 6/8 - 15, 2011: Blake Falls Reservoir, Parishville, NY
Parishville, NY - Keyes had a kill kit stashed here. This is the kit that had been buried in Essex VT from spring 2009 until June 2011 when he used it in the Currier's murder. Then he brought it here where it was later discovered.

6/15/2011: Chicago, IL to CA
Flew from Chicago, IL to San Francisco, CA on 6/15/2011

6/16/2011: San Francisco, CA to Anchorage, AK
Flew from San Francisco, CA to Anchorage, AK on 6/16/2011.

9/15 - 9/25 2011: FBI Timeline - Western US
FBI Timeline puts Keyes in the Western US between 9/15 - 9/25 2011

2/1/2012: Anchorage, AK
Sam Koenig was kidnapped and murdered

2/2/2012: Anchorage, AK to Houston, TX
Flew from Anchorage, AK to Houston, TX on 2/2/2012.
Rented vehicle and drove 2,847 miles

abt. 2/3 - 15, 2012: Cruise
went on a pre-planned two week cruise out of New Orleans

2/?/2012: Aledo, TX
burned a house down

2/16/2012: Azle, TX
robbed a bank in Azle, TX

2/17/2012: left Houston, TX

2/28, 29, & 31, 2012: Anchorage, AK
Keyes used Koenig's ATM card

3/6/2012: AK to Las Vegas, NV
Keyes flies from AK to Las Vegas on 3/6/12 and rents a white 2012 Ford Focus from Avis

3/7/2012: Willcox, AZ

3/7/2012: Lordsburg, NM

3/9 or 10, 2012: Humble, TX

3/11/2012: Wells, TX
Keyes' sister got married in Wells, TX on 3/11/12. His family, formerly Amish, are members of the radical/cultist "Church of Wells".

3/12/2012: Shepherd, TX

3/13/2012: Lufkin, TX
Keyes was arrested here on 3/13/12 after alert officers noticed his car matched the description of a car being used for illegal ATM withdrawals.

4/2/2012: Eagle Lake, AK
Tongass National Forest, Alaska 99929 - Samantha Koenig was found in the lake

Sources:
FBI Timeline Released December 3, 2012
Have you ever met Israel Keyes, James Koenig's IK page on Facebook

Special thanks to digndoodle for this additional link.
FBI Timeline Update, May 1, 2013

Ok, it is bad form to quote myself, but I want to keep all this information together.

Reminder:
1/11/10 - 2/25/10: Western U.S. - 45 days
3 days unaccounted for
3/1/10 - 3/10/10: Western U.S. - 9 days
45 days between
4/24/10 - 4/30/10: Western U.S. - 6 days
19 days between
5/19/10 - 7/18/10: Midwest U.S. and Western U.S. - 60 days
7/18/10 -7/22/10: Southwest U.S. - 4 days
85 days between
10/15/10 - 10/25/10: Midwest U.S., Eastern U.S. - 10 days

No information has been provided about where he flew into, whether he had rental vehicles, etc. But he was in the lower 48 for much of 2010 and listed as being in the Midwest on 5/19/10 - the day Dennis Vern Kunkel is believed to have disappeared.

Additionally, Kunkel's truck was found just south of the Portage Lakes State Park:
http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/portage/tabid/779/default.aspx
http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Portals/2/parkmaps/portagelakesparkmap.pdf

BBM

http://www.ohiodnr.com/wildlife/dow/regulations/vendors.aspx?zip=Zip Code&city=akron&county=
PARTY LINE BEVERAGE & BAIT
424 W TURKEYFOOT LAKE RD
AKRON, OH

http://www.enterprise.com/car_rental/deeplinkmap.do?gpbr=3945&bid=004&cnty=US
Enterprise Rent-A-Car
727 E TURKEYFOOT LAKE RD
AKRON, OH

Dennis's car was abandoned at the Subway at 5105 Manchester Rd, Akron.

424 W Turkeyfoot Lake Rd, Akron, OH 44319 - Google Maps

4.8 miles between the rental car place and where his truck was found and the fishing license/beverage store right between the two.

Cherry on top was the fact that they have vault latrines at Portage Lakes, which IK was involved in constructing for the Makah:
http://liveweb.archive.org/web/20120414205847/http://keyesconstruction.net/work_history

Then you have the still unidentified body in Stacyville, Maine (34 miles to Smyrna, ME where his sisters live):
http://bangordailynews.com/2010/11/...ase-more-details-on-body-found-in-stacyville/
http://www.wlbz2.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=135418

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...&sa=X&ei=yySqUf3MD4nVrQfO04HgDA&ved=0CIoBELYD

To recap:
Dennis Vern Kunkel
Caucasian Male
Current age would be 47
6'0 - 6'1, 165 - 185#
Missing since 5/19/2010
Cashed in $11,000 in gold in weeks before disappearance

Unidentified male
Found 11/5/2010 in Stacyville, Maine
Thought to have died sometime in September 2010 but cause of death is undetermined (no signs of foul play but body was in advanced state of decomposition).
Believed to be in his 50's, about 5'9" and around 150#.

Hi, Lucky! If I'm reading this timeline right -- and I may not be -- what are the three unaccounted for days in January/February 2010 (see BBM). Do we know the dates and the state(s) he was in before/after the unaccounted dates? TIA!

sorry, that's from the FB page run by Samantha Koenig's father, I meant to note anything non-FBI as such, good catch! All fishing license entries are from FB. I do not know if that is the date a mailed in application is approved, if there is such a thing as a mailed in application, or what the deal is.

Ahhh! Good thinking!!

Dunno about AK but the link I provided about Portage Lakes fishing licenses definitely had an online option:
https://www1.oh.wildlifelicense.com/index_hf.php

NOTE: You must print your license(s) at the end of this transaction. Ohio Revised Code requires you to carry your printed license(s) on your person while hunting and/or fishing. The license(s) that you print at the time of purchase is the only license you will receive and will serve as your receipt. You will not receive a confirmation email. If you experience trouble during the transaction, please contact the help desk at 1-866-*advertiser censored*-XXXX.

If you purchase licenses(s) from a device that is not connected to a printer (smart phone, cell phone, etc.), then you will be required to purchase duplicate licenses at a cost of $4.00 each.

Use of the back, forward, reload and refresh buttons is discouraged and may result in additional charges. Please use buttons and links provided to navigate this website.

THE LICENSE YOU PRINT IS THE ONLY LICENSE YOU WILL RECEIVE.

Soooo

https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/store/
http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=regulations.main
http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=license.onlinefaqs

If you purchased an annual license, your license printed at home is valid for up to 21 days. You will need to carry it with you while fishing, hunting and/or trapping. Your permanent annual license will be mailed to you the next business day. If you do not receive it within 7-14 business days after purchase, please e-mail adfg.license@alaska.gov or call *advertiser censored*-*advertiser censored*-XXXX.

If you purchased a short-term license, i.e., 1, 3, 7 or 14 day nonresident sport fishing license,be sure to print your license from home. This is your license to carry with you while fishing. You will not receive a fishing license in the mail.

Hi, Lucky! If I'm reading this timeline right -- and I may not be -- what are the three unaccounted for days in January/February 2010 (see BBM). Do we know the dates and the state(s) he was in before/after the unaccounted dates? TIA!

IDK JaimeSommers. I would love to know, but I (like GGE) am simply trying to collate the various pieces of information to see if it makes a bigger picture. I was struck by the sometimes very long stretches of time in the lower 48, and the oftentimes 2 or 3 day trips. Very different and very interesting IMO.

GGE

:thewave:

Your timeline is AWESOME! I've spent the last two days doing something similar but yours is more comprehensive.

:yourock:

Aw, shucks, thanks. :)
I admit I've spent a number of hours into the triple digits on it plus the map in my sig that details each and every thing in my timeline above. But it's worth it to me to be able to see information in a couple of different ways.. I'm a very visual person. :)

To me, the trips have to be looked at based on the pattern(s) we know from the murders he admitted to: Alaska (Sam), Vermont (Curriers), New York area (April 2009) - I include the last one because we have a detailed timeline of his trip for this one, even though we don't have an identity. For purposes of establishing patterns, it's the trip details that I need the most so that's where I'm starting.

We know that his killing trips, at least in later years, always involved flying to one place, renting a car, driving somewhere else. Also it looks like he would sometimes put a third city in the mix - as in, fly AK to seattle, seattle to cityA, rent a car, drive to kill, fly back out of City A ***to random third city*** THEN fly home from there to Alaska.

So it's pretty clear that he had several killing trips in there along with the known April 2009 one, the Curriers in 2011, and Sam (not a trip at all) in 2012.

We also know that in the case of the Curriers, he buried the kill kit in Vermont for later use (2011) during his April 2009 killing trip... SO some of his rental car mileage is possibly at times being put on the cars while he drives to adjacent states to bury kill kits - we know he said he had some in TX, WY, and WA that haven't been recovered yet, for example.

Just some thoughts..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member