Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, I believe in innocent until proven guilty before a court of law.

And I also believe in the right to free speech, which is protected in the charter as well.

Great. We're 100 percent in agreement, then.

Another right afforded to all is the right to agree to disagree. ;)

As far as conviction goes... I worry... The way I look at this is all the evidence we know of so far, can be explained away.. Giving reasonable doubt.. Murder one needs beyond a reasonable doubt.. So IF DM's prints were not on or in Tims truck, the prosecutor will have a tough time.. IMO... If Dellen has high priced seasoned lawyer, he/she won't have a problem creating reasonable doubt (if DM's prints are not found in or on Tims truck)..

hi wendy , reasonable doubt yes , wethe people , know what we ve been told , rest is speculation period . u need alot more to go to a jury , if there was a gun ,, where is it , who used it , , since burning a body rids of so much evedence , i can only assume they found tims wedding ring .
this is going to be an expensive court case , alot ot time , a jury and alot of presscoverage so crown better get it right ... like the kennedy case, we re only going to know what we get told ....if some 1 ever wanted to write a true crime book ,,,this is the case( Ann Rule )
Just because ive posted a pic of myself with a bloody eye doesnt make me a killer ,, just because i played a dexter like person in a video game doesnt make me a killer ,,,crown has to put facts before a jury , if im on that jury u better sell me , if ur chargein these guys with murder prove they did it , if there is still 1 or 2 missing suspects , in my opinion ,they have no case and no use taking to court .. if you were on jury . truly with what u know are the facts ..whatn would you do

As far as conviction goes... I worry... The way I look at this is all the evidence we know of so far, can be explained away.. Giving reasonable doubt.. Murder one needs beyond a reasonable doubt.. So IF DM's prints were not on or in Tims truck, the prosecutor will have a tough time.. IMO... If Dellen has high priced seasoned lawyer, he/she won't have a problem creating reasonable doubt (if DM's prints are not found in or on Tims truck)..

If there are no prints found in TB's truck, the prosecutor could argue that they had plenty of time to wipe the truck clean. The truck was in their possession for days, they even had time to remove the seats. Not sure how you can explain away how TB is dead? Explain how his remains were found on DM's the farm? Burned? Explain how SB saw DM and MS drive away with her husband?

Im sure we only know like 5 percent of what the police know , we speculate , the policehave looked at the facebooks , gaming sites , talked to their friends, tracked their cell phones and gps ..these police are very good at what they do ..we do know there was atleast 1 or 2 other people involved , surely the night of or days following tims abduction , these guys talked to others involved ,yet no arrests , strikes me as wierd ,they had to work out what to do with tims dodge ,
alot happened that night , see truck , test drive,get from from ancaster to cambridge , kill tim , burn tim , get rid of truck , i would be in panic mode for sure ..

Im sure we only know like 5 percent of what the police know , we speculate , the policehave looked at the facebooks , gaming sites , talked to their friends, tracked their cell phones and gps ..these police are very good at what they do ..we do know there was atleast 1 or 2 other people involved , surely the night of or days following tims abduction , these guys talked to others involved ,yet no arrests , strikes me as wierd ,they had to work out what to do with tims dodge ,
alot happened that night , see truck , test drive,get from from ancaster to cambridge , kill tim , burn tim , get rid of truck , i would be in panic mode for sure ..

could be the folks on the ''don't contact/nor publicize'' list are very important to the Crown's case....and we just won't know til trial.:truce:

hi wendy , reasonable doubt yes , wethe people , know what we ve been told , rest is speculation period . u need alot more to go to a jury , if there was a gun ,, where is it , who used it , , since burning a body rids of so much evedence , i can only assume they found tims wedding ring .
this is going to be an expensive court case , alot ot time , a jury and alot of presscoverage so crown better get it right ... like the kennedy case, we re only going to know what we get told ....if some 1 ever wanted to write a true crime book ,,,this is the case( Ann Rule )
Just because ive posted a pic of myself with a bloody eye doesnt make me a killer ,, just because i played a dexter like person in a video game doesnt make me a killer ,,,crown has to put facts before a jury , if im on that jury u better sell me , if ur chargein these guys with murder prove they did it , if there is still 1 or 2 missing suspects , in my opinion ,they have no case and no use taking to court .. if you were on jury . truly with what u know are the facts ..whatn would you do
bbm

TB would not have been identified from a piece of jewelry.

Burn victims identified by DNA in maggots

Identification of a charred corpse through dental records

Genetic investigation of modern burned corpses

could be the folks on the ''don't contact/nor publicize'' list are very important to the Crown's case....and we just won't know til trial.:truce:

im sure contact list are 4 the 2 suspects in custody mostly , so they cant work out stories ,, but u can be sure , between lawyers ,visiting familys , these 2 guys are up to date ,,jailhouse scuttlebutt ,,d m has money , i dont know if you can still do this but you used to be able to call some 1 1 from jail and then add a third party to the call ....im sure all their calls are wired though ..

if 1 of their girlfriends know anything , i dont think you can make them testify against their boyfriend, im sure they have their own lawyers ..

if they dont talk and dont have other parties , these guys are just accessories to the crime.

I think their lucky Nancy Grace isnt covering this , so many people think she harmed the casey athony case in so many ways . she had her convicted so fast ..

If there are no prints found in TB's truck, the prosecutor could argue that they had plenty of time to wipe the truck clean. The truck was in their possession for days, they even had time to remove the seats. Not sure how you can explain away how TB is dead? Explain how his remains were found on DM's the farm? Burned? Explain how SB saw DM and MS drive away with her husband?

Yes, they "could have" wiped the prints off the truck.

Friends "could have" set DM up.. Quite easily.. If DM was the kind of person to say "sure use anything you need" if asked to lend something out.

Tattoo issue . Well there is supposed to be a box around it..from the pics I have seen, there isn't..
Also, tattoos could have been drawn on with a good ol sharpie marker

No, can't explain away Tim is dead, but who done it, is the real question, who was really there and who wasn't.

The remains and every other piece of evidence in this investigation lead directly to DM... I find that odd! If I am going to murder someone or be involved in murdering someone, I would not have the evidence point directly to me.

We don't know who SB saw. Was it Dellen? Was it a "friend" of Dellen impersonating him after he lent out his vehicles and trailer? In fact, suspect 2 and Dellen look quite similar, Suspect 2 has fuller lips...

I am not saying I believe DM is innocent, I am looking at the evidence and the possibility of reasonable doubt... That is why It is my opinion LE better have his Prints or DNA of some sort in or on Tims truck, because everything else can, and will be, used to create the reasonable doubt by his lawyer.

Yes bessie , if tim was indeed put in the insinerator , im sure not much left , think i read here it burns between 600 - 950 c .. steel melts at 1600 c . but i do think since they said charred remains , their job wasnt completed . if they tryed to burn on ground with gas or something , that dont work ..
if charred well would be more or less dust ,,no maggots..

bessie im fairly new here and live very close to this case .. how do you think this all went down , or are you on fence Shaky

Friends "could have" set DM up.. Quite easily.. If DM was the kind of person to say "sure use anything you need" if asked to lend something out.

I don't think this is plausible, the DNA of Millard will be in the truck, LE have figured that he was driving and the body on the farm and TB's truck at his moms house....this evidence alone is enough to convict.

No, can't explain away Tim is dead, but who done it, is the real question, who was really there and who wasn't.

Does not make a difference as to who killed TB, if DM stole the truck and confined TB while MS killed TB, then both will get 1st degree convictions.

The remains and every other piece of evidence in this investigation lead directly to DM... I find that odd! If I am going to murder someone or be involved in murdering someone, I would not have the evidence point directly to me.

I don't find it odd all. If DM knew the body was on his farm and the truck was at his mothers, then why didn't go to LE. And add it the stolen cars at the hanger, there are too many character issues (hanger with stolen cars) that pleading he did not know there was a body on the farm would not work.

I am not saying I believe DM is innocent, I am looking at the evidence and the possibility of reasonable doubt... .

I can't believe that somebody with stolen cars on his property (hanger), a girl (LB) who made her last call before going missing, a person who's known friends are likely criminals (MS), and a father who committed suicide just after finishing a massive hanger/and being rich is going to be able to say he did not know there was a burned body on his farm, or a truck at his mothers.......these facts alone will destroy any chance of credibility.

I personally do not believe that he was the one who killed TB, but stealing the truck and taking TB along with him with automatically make it a first degree murder conviction.

Guru , you dont know who killed him , we dont even know how he died , we know there aremore people involved ,, what if 1 of those guys did the killing , what if d m was taking truck to hanger while others did the dirty deed , you have to know all the facts for a conviction here ,,no jury would touch this case nor would any crown ,, right now their accessories to a crime period ..
4 people saying others did it , he said she said ...

right now their accessories to a crime period ..
4 people saying others did it .

LE have charged him with murder, not an accessory. Do you live in Canada? Why I ask is because in Canada, you do not need to be the one who killed him to be convicted of murder if you were the one who stole the vehicle and confined him inside the vehicle while someone else killed him.

Also, the charges by LE support that he was killed inside the truck.

Interesting reading! The third link relates to DNA testing of cremated remains. The study examined cremated remains where the remaining bone fragments had been ground (as is routine). What they found is that they could not make reliable DNA matches on these cremated remains - a mixture of ash and ground bone.

If in fact the incinerator was used to dispose of the body the end result would have been ash and bone fragments. If the bone fragments were not ground up as is done in a crematorium they could have provided the needed DNA material for testing (bone marrow).

This could be how TB's remains were identified.

maybe we're framing the hangar/contract question incorrectly.

Hypothetically, when DM and AS were discussing the hangar, and DM was asking for contracts, he may have been asking for a good reason to clear out the hanger. in DM's mind, there's no point in clearing it out if there are no contracts, but AS knows he needs a givclean hangar to be tours to be able to get the contracts.

maybe we're framing the hangar/contract question incorrectly.

Hypothetically, when DM and AS were discussing the hangar, and DM was asking for contracts, he may have been asking for a good reason to clear out the hanger. in DM's mind, there's no point in clearing it out if there are no contracts, but AS knows he needs a givclean hangar to be tours to be able to get the contracts.

If you have a lot of $ invested in a property and are looking for business you would seriously put your property and business in tip top condition ever at the ready for an inspection because you never know when exactly people will want to tour you. If you want to be taken seriously you had better be on your 'game' and DM was not a happy team player never mind leader from what I have gleaned.

Time is $$ and most businesses now operate in nano-seconds so if their operation was going to be a serious player in the aviation industry where schedules are of supreme importance to success, the company should have been ready to roll at a moment's notice. Today everyone is aware of on-time, as needed only, delivery of goods and services. JMO

With professional repair people at the ready it would have been a boost of morale and a definite proactive step toward credibility if DM would have kicked some butt (starting with his own) into high gear and got the hanger into ready mode -- DM just did not have the ''right stuff''.

Totally my own opinion--I cannot fathom that DM or MS would have been able to wipe clean any trace of themselves in the truck. They bumbled so much else i.e. letting SB and the other man see them, leaving evidence in the hanger, the farm, the driveway of DM, the phone records. Forensics can find traces of evidence from the tiniest places.

Actually I can't see them being too worried about doing any housecleaning. They wouldn't have been in a rush to do that unless they had intended to get rid of the truck which obviously they did not.

Interesting reading! The third link relates to DNA testing of cremated remains. The study examined cremated remains where the remaining bone fragments had been ground (as is routine). What they found is that they could not make reliable DNA matches on these cremated remains - a mixture of ash and ground bone.

If in fact the incinerator was used to dispose of the body the end result would have been ash and bone fragments. If the bone fragments were not ground up as is done in a crematorium they could have provided the needed DNA material for testing (bone marrow).

This could be how TB's remains were identified.

Maybe pieces of metal other than the ring were also found. Metal from his belt buckle, divots from his pants, buttons, jacket. That is of course, if he was burned with his clothing. This is indirect to identifying him rather than direct (teeth, DNA, etc.)

If DM was still taking regular orders at the hangar from a client for something, up until the day after Tim disappeared, why was he liquidating his assets?

Mr. Sharif and the Millardair team were told that Wayne had died of a brain aneurysm. Within days, employees were laid off and Dellen moved quickly to begin liquidating assets. In February, Millardair requested cancellation of the Transport Canada certificate executives had worked hard to obtain.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

A company that supplied Millard Air with materials tells CTV News the charter air service stopped taking orders last week – the same week police say Bosma was killed by Millard and unknown accomplices.
Read more: http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/inciner...cused-in-bosma-murder-1.1284332#ixzz2V49Or0Y5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow