Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that it was established that the incinerator had an opening that would make it unfeasible for him to be burnt without dismemberment first.

Sorry? I was responding to nettie_82 regarding who the source might be who said it was a thrill kill and that he didn't die in the fire.

I know the size of the incinerator opening. IMO, he wasn't burned in the incinerator, but I'll reserve the right to change my mind.

it just seems to me when there is a 100 acre farm and a dead body shows up there, and this person could possibly be linked to more, there should be a hundred police doing a grid to grid search on this property covering every square inch of the property. Since LB is a missing person, and this person of interest that last spoke to her has been arrested for murder and has a farm and a body has been found on it as well as an excavator and an incinerator for gosh sakes, what the hell am I missing here. They have been out to this farm for a total of 4 days, searching what, not even an acre of a 100 acre farm. I don't get it. I cannot believe the canine units aren't out there, 100 volunteers doing a grid to grid search and that radar like contraption all over the farm. Sorry for the rant, but come on......

I know this may not be exactly what you are looking for, but I am going to keep looking as I know there is an article that states CB gave police a description of the two guys. In the link below she says the devil walked up her driveway and smiled at her before they took Tim.

Sharlene Bosma Eulogy - YouTube

I believe she meant the devil figuratively. They are fairly religious.

How would the investigators know so quickly that TB died very shortly after he was abducted, he died in the truck, when all they have is a charred burned beyond recognition set of remains? Thought I would ask as this has been bugging me. How did they know so quickly?
Regarding the bolded, even a charred body can hold a wealth of evidence. Besides, we don't know it's "all they have".

Invisible(to the naked eye) blood splatter in truck matching or consistent with
x ray of body wound?

Testimony received is consistent with the body evidence?

Body indicates evidence of strangulation or fractured skull/broken neck/blunt force trauma?

Body contorts relative to tissue death and blood pooling when burned?

Stomach contents vs time of last meal?

Stabbed thru back of truck seat and body wound consistent with that?

Numerous possibilities exist and would be obvious if we actually knew the evidence.
Something else to consider: whatever lead LE to the body was probably used to establish a timeline. A few possibilities are DM's cell phone records, receipts, and/or eyewitness testimony which place him near the site of the remains at a specific time. JMO

I believe she meant the devil figuratively. They are fairly religious.

I would agree with you, she was speaking figuratively about the devil/evil, personified in the face of the person she was speaking of, taking TB for a test ride.

Likely she has that particular face "burned" into her retina.

On mediums........
IMO and experience, a waste of time and 100% obstructive to an investigation.

Oh I agree. If she said you will find her body in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean I would have to chuckle as well. Hey, I am not psychic in the least, but saying LB may be found on this property, I am thinking you wouldn't have to be psychic to get that information correct.

SBM

I think this is as close as you will get to a link where SB can ID the suspects at this point. To my recollection there has been no media releases stating the CB picked them out of a police lineup...but that doesn't mean she hasn't or didn't.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2556278-homicide-unit-to-provide-update-on-missing-ancaster-man/

Bosma's wife saw the two men when they arrived at the house, police said.

The first is described as roughly 6 foot, one inch and 170-180 pounds. He had medium short brown hair. He was wearing blue jeans and a long-sleeved orange shirt with running shoes.

The second is around five foot, nine inches with a small to medium build. He had dark hair and had a red hooded sweatshirt pulled over his head. Both were white, and looked to be in their mid 20s.

Bosma had told his wife they were from Toronto, police said.

It's unclear how the men arrived at the home, though posts on social media suggest the two were dropped off by a third man in another vehicle.
I just dont get if this was premeditated why they would show their faces, test drive another vehicle in daylight the day before and show tatoos and then also say they were from Toronto..doesnt make sense..why smile? even if they planned to just steal the truck, why say where you were from? Unless DM was being honest because he had no idea what SMICH was going to do to TB

The source, who is not involved in the investigation, said police were considering that theory after Dellen Millard, 27, was arrested on May 11 in Mississauga.
But the lead investigator in the case denied that police were looking at the possibility the homicide may have been just for a thrill.
“I don’t know the motive for this,” Det. Sgt. Matt Kavanagh said Thursday. “I don’t even know what thrill kill means. It’s not been discussed. Where it’s coming from, I don’t know.”
Also according to the source, police said after Bosma’s body was found that they believed he was killed in his truck following a struggle.
“He did not die in the fire,” the source said. “He didn’t burn alive.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2..._man_was_killed_inside_truck_source_says.html

I am reading back over some articles from the beginning. When I read this, I had to wonder who this source may be. Do any of you think this comes from a family member of friend of TB?
notice he says burned in the fire..I dont think the incinerator was used, this is the second time I have heard a police source say that there were burn spots at the farm..

I believe when the LE made that statement that TB was dead, they had not found his remains, at the time it made me think that maybe someone told them that he was dead, I could be mistaken...will see if I can find the LE pressers with the announcements

Yes, that's what I recall as well.

From the press conferences, May 14, 2013:
First posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 09:59 AM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 08:38 PM EDT
"It is with heavy heart that we announce the death," De Caire told a press conference...
"This investigation is long from over," De Caire said as he announced the gruesome reality that "human remains have been located."
"Evidence indicates the remains have been burned.
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/14/police-update-tim-bosma-case
Same day:
The coroner's office and the Centre of Forensic Science is assisting, Kavanagh told a press conference.
"The cause of death comes from the expertise that comes from the coroner's office," Kavanagh said., noting that the exact cause of death will not be known until that examination is complete.
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2...-hunting-two-other-suspects-in-bosma-killing/

notice he says burned in the fire..I dont think the incinerator was used, this is the second time I have heard a police source say that there were burn spots at the farm..

I lean that way also G67. I believe the incinerator entry was 12"x20" and I am thinking (until I hear otherwise) the body was intact?

I seem to remember large burn areas mentioned in proximity to the body.

Does anyone one know what DM's educational background is? I know he holds both rotor and fixed wing pilot licenses but am wondering if he has a business degree or other educational background to suggest he could successfully manage a multi-million dollar business? TIA

All I'm aware of is the french school and culinary college.
His FB page had accounting as interest, so it is also possible if he didn't have a business degree that he learned the necessary stuff on his own.

I just dont get if this was premeditated why they would show their faces, test drive another vehicle in daylight the day before and show tatoos and then also say they were from Toronto..doesnt make sense..why smile? even if they planned to just steal the truck, why say where you were from? Unless DM was being honest because he had no idea what SMICH was going to do to TB

Or what someone was about to do... we still have another suspect and no actual proof of anything at the mo....

Gosh when I think of the third suspect I think of Kevin Spacey's role in The Usual Suspects. A clever mastermind who comes across as so weak and pathetic that nobody would suspect him as a threat. I imagine it is someone who went running to LE to snitch on Smich and DM and left no trail for himself. And LE knows he's the third in a more innocent capacity, but also doesnt have enough proof to arrest him. IMO (or one of my many opinions!).

Gosh when I think of the third suspect I think of Kevin Spacey's role in The Usual Suspects. A clever mastermind who comes across as so weak and pathetic that nobody would suspect him as a threat. I imagine it is someone who went running to LE to snitch on Smich and DM and left no trail for himself. And LE knows he's the third in a more innocent capacity, but also doesnt have enough proof to arrest him. IMO (or one of my many opinions!).

hehe Isn't it interesting when you get several theories/opinions all running through your mind at the same time ... and that moment when you feel that some are leading down same path and it's very dark at the end..... :scared:

I lean that way also G67. I believe the incinerator entry was 12"x20" and I am thinking (until I hear otherwise) the body was intact?

I seem to remember large burn areas mentioned in proximity to the body.

I don't think LE ever 'officially' acknowledged any burn marks on the ground. I traced Gibson67's link back and can't find the ground mentioned in that article.

In the following article, it just says:

A man who works on the property says the tents are covering areas which had burn marks.

Read more: http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/inciner...cused-in-bosma-murder-1.1284332#ixzz2VCJNEIBU

I remember this at the time because we were wondering if an improperly used incinerator (for example, one not set up on a concrete pad) would scorch the ground underneath it.

But again, I don't think this is an 'official' source.

(For clarity, I have trouble figuring out why criminals in possession of an incinerator designed to burn flesh wouldn't use it to dispose of the body and would instead opt for an outdoor bonfire, but perhaps they were panicky and/or squeamish about the need for dismemberment.)

Regarding the bolded, even a charred body can hold a wealth of evidence. Besides, we don't know it's "all they have".

Something else to consider: whatever lead LE to the body was probably used to establish a timeline. A few possibilities are DM's cell phone records, receipts, and/or eyewitness testimony which place him near the site of the remains at a specific time. JMO

Wasn't it the neighbour with the camera that lead them to the body?

Wasn't it the neighbour with the camera that lead them to the body?
It could be, but I don't recall LE confirmation that the phone call from the neighbor brought them the farm.

Adding for reference:
A neighbour who requested anonymity told CBC News he had given police a photograph of what he called an incinerator on a trailer that he saw on the site on Friday. He said the place where police have set up a tent is one of the locations where he saw the incinerator. Police were asked about the mobile incinerator but would not comment.
http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/story/2013/05/14/hamilton-bosma-search-kitchener-waterloo.html

Where is the link where SB didn't state that she saw them both get into the truck with TB?

It's common knowledge that she saw them leave, reported that to police, re-enforced that fact at the memorial service during her eulogy.......

<modsnip>

A burned body would easily present evidence unless it is completely combusted into oblivion.

ETA..........I see others have answered the same.

<modsnip> I have actually seen many burned people, some so badly burned that they only recognize you by smell. From what I have observed I still say it would be difficult to get much from a burned body. I am sorry if my answers or my questions displease you, but I am stating my own opinion as we all are... others are free to answer the same or throw in a totally different viewpoint... I like to see all the responses...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998