Canada - Laura Babcock, 23, Toronto, 26 June 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any guesses as to what they will say?

Probably going to ask/refresh the public about the case, to jog their memories in case someone saw something or knows something, and to ask them to come forward.

Maybe there will be charges even without her found.

Any guesses as to what they will say?

For some reason I have a feeling that this new conference is just going to officially list DM as a Person of Interest in the case. They will probably talk about how they obtained search warrants, and they are not able to discuss the findings, pending an on going investigation. They have stated to CP24 that they have not found LB, so that leads me to think perhaps they found some evidence to name him as a POI, but not enough to say if she is alive or not. I think this press conference will leave us with more questions then answers.
This is all my opinion, and just going by how the police are handling everything in Hamilton and keeping their cards close to their chest. I am assuming the TPS are not going to blow the case open out of respect for the other LE agencies that are involved so they will be saying enough to satisfy the inquiring minds, but not enough to give any major details away.

Thanks I was thinking they probably didn't find her but, was questioning if they would keep him as a suspect or not.

For some reason I have a feeling that this new conference is just going to officially list DM as a Person of Interest in the case. They will probably talk about how they obtained search warrants, and they are not able to discuss the findings, pending an on going investigation. They have stated to CP24 that they have not found LB, so that leads me to think perhaps they found some evidence to name him as a POI, but not enough to say if she is alive or not. I think this press conference will leave us with more questions then answers.
This is all my opinion, and just going by how the police are handling everything in Hamilton and keeping their cards close to their chest. I am assuming the TPS are not going to blow the case open out of respect for the other LE agencies that are involved so they will be saying enough to satisfy the inquiring minds, but not enough to give any major details away.

Probably going to ask/refresh the public about the case, to jog their memories in case someone saw something or knows something, and to ask them to come forward.

Toronto Police to update case of missing woman Laura Babcock

Read more: http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/toronto...g-woman-laura-babcock-1.1310293#ixzz2VGWg22c8

Stay with kitchener.ctvnews.ca for more coverage of this developing story and for LIVE coverage of the Toronto Police press conference at 2:30 p.m.

bbm for any of you that are able to listen.

By now, if LB was still alive and somewhere in Canada, somebody would of spotted her even if she did not want to be found. She would likely need a job or be in a community somewhere, there has been too much media attention for someone not to notice.

My gut tells me she is dead, and LE did find her on the DM property.

My mind goes back to LE asking SL for the serial number of his iPad that he lent to Laura.

By now, if LB was still alive and somewhere in Canada, somebody would of spotted her even if she did not want to be found. She would likely need a job or be in a community somewhere, there has been too much media attention for someone not to notice.

I agree.

I sadly agree. I think they either found her, or have proof that she is in fact dead.

Would someone recommend the best live streaming sites for the presser? I seem to remember there was an indie journalist whose feed was the most reliable.

I don't have a good feeling about todays news conference. It coincides too closely with the news that the OPP have completed their investigation of blood spatter DM explained away as menstrual blood. I hope I'm wrong.

Sorry to sound gruesome here, but in the case out west (Picton) the bodies were fed to pigs as pigs eat pretty much anything apparently. I doubt someone would wait for an incinerator for weeks to eliminate a body. Birds of prey and wildlife would be accessing remains if left in a field surely. JMO

They always leave behind the bones however. You'd need to incinerate them.:facepalm:

I don't have a good feeling about todays news conference. It coincides too closely with the news that the OPP have completed their investigation of blood spatter DM explained away as menstrual blood. I hope I'm wrong.

They closed that particular lead and determined it to be 'unfounded'. Also the yacht thing happened in 2011, LB didn't go missing till 2012. I'm sure it's unrelated.

2 different reporters from cp24 have tweeted that police have told them they didn't find her. Maybe they're just going to do what they should have done last July, ask the public if they have seen her. However 22 division was in charge of the missing person investigation and homicide is doing the press conference.

2 different reporters from cp24 have tweeted that police have told them they didn't find her. Maybe they're just going to do what they should have done last July, ask the public if they have seen her. However 22 division was in charge of the missing person investigation and homicide is doing the press conference.

Interesting. My experience with being this fully involved in a case is almost nil, but so far have we seen LE in this case call a press event just to report they didn't find anything?

Maybe, as you said, they are going to ask for help.

I guess if it was another body they wouldn't have specifically said the presser was regarding LB's case.

Maybe they found her belongings but no body.

Thanks Karn..I haven't followed a lot of cases, so I don't know if there are certain procedures that LE follows with stuff like this. Can you tell things by the speed of info being released by LE? And, since it looks like you're a veteran here, you're probably a good one to ask about forensic tents. TPS didn't have any, yet HPS had a bunch. What kind of evidence doesn't require the tents?

Do you think that homicide is going to just hand it back to missing persons and this is their opportunity to say ''investigation will be ongoing''?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson