OK OK - Daryn Collie, 32, Guthrie, 26 May 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing new that I can find. Nothing new from the family. They've been given any number of resources, so I am confused as to why we are not seeing Daryn's face plastered all over FB and other sources. However, we can only offer up the resources. It is up to the families to use them.

I have stressed to my niece-in-law how important it is to notify people if and when Daryn is found.

WSers have been marvelous in providing resources, suggestions, and (wo)man hours on Daryn's behalf. I am personally very grateful for that.

Not much out there on searching. Hope there is news soon for this family.

UPDATE:

Per Daryn's family members, his cell phone last pinged in Northwest Arkansas in the Bentonville area.

Daryn's bank account has not been touched since he was last seen.

Daryn's house looks "untouched," i.e. no signs of foul play, and no signs he got home, packed up, and left.

Daryn's family thanks everyone who has approached me with offers to help, theories, and resources. I thank you as well!

His phone last pinged in the area where he does have family in Arkansas, but he lives in Oklahoma., and the last time he was seen was in Guthrie, Oklahoma.
Could he have made an impromptu trip to Arkansas either by himself or with someone else? It is odd that his cell phone pinged in a city and state where he does have relatives, but yet he doesn't live there, as he lives in Oklahoma.

Ardmore's 127 miles south of Guthrie and 314 miles southwest of Bentonville. About two hours and five hours, respectively.

These cell phone pings drive me crazy. They are usually accurate, but I always dread to see them pinging in areas that the person wouldn't or shouldn't be. It's frustraing when LE is looking in one area, then a ping is somewhere totally different. I hope they soon find out who was found in that work area hole. I first wondered if someone would be able to fall into that while walking drunk, and maybe it was filled with water from storms. If someone was killed, why put them there to be found by workers so soon??

His phone last pinged in the area where he does have family in Arkansas, but he lives in Oklahoma., and the last time he was seen was in Guthrie, Oklahoma.
Could he have made an impromptu trip to Arkansas either by himself or with someone else? It is odd that his cell phone pinged in a city and state where he does have relatives, but yet he doesn't live there, as he lives in Oklahoma.

Yes, it is...well, confusing anyway. But that's what family of family told me. (*They later backtracked on that a bit and said that they hadn't actually read the flyer at the time they told me that and did not realize Daryn was purportedly last seen in Guthrie when he dropped off his brother*). But pings are pings, regardless of where he was supposedly going or who he was purportedly last with/seen by.

I'm not going to speculate for obvious reasons. But ya'll feel free to do your usual sleuthing. Anything that helps find Daryn is a plus in my book. The man/child has been missing since May 26, and if folks happen to google this site and read something that might hurt their feelings, well, they'll gladly get over it if it brings Daryn home. So sleuth/theorize away (within WS TOU, of course!)

Ardmore's 127 miles south of Guthrie and 314 miles southwest of Bentonville. About two hours and five hours, respectively.

He actually lives in Del City, so that brings the distance a little bit closer to Ardmore.

These cell phone pings drive me crazy. They are usually accurate, but I always dread to see them pinging in areas that the person wouldn't or shouldn't be. It's frustraing when LE is looking in one area, then a ping is somewhere totally different. I hope they soon find out who was found in that work area hole. I first wondered if someone would be able to fall into that while walking drunk, and maybe it was filled with water from storms. If someone was killed, why put them there to be found by workers so soon??

If you were trying to put distance between a body and your usual "haunts," and you finally got desperate and just picked an available spot?

http://www.ardmoreite.com/article/20130606/NEWS/130609872

Body ID still unknown

“We don’t have an age estimate,” he said. “What I can say he is was wearing black wind pants and an orange Texas (University of Texas) shirt."

I don't think it's Daryn. He went to school at OU.

I wonder when work was last performed at this site....last week? Yesterday? In other words, how long could this person have been at the site?

HEADS UP

I have been notified by one of Daryn's family members that his vehicle has been located "on a roadside near a trail in Hood River County, Oregon." This is near Mt. Hood, "one of the tallest peaks in the area." There is no sign of Daryn at that location.

I have also been notified that Guthrie OK LE are working with the FBI and the Hood River County Sheriff's Office to determine where Daryn is located.

Daryn's luggage (presumed at this time to be from his trip back home from Bella Vista to Del City on May 26) was found in the vehicle.

This does not look good, folks; and at least some of the family are fearing the worst. I will post thoughts and concerns later, and I invite your theories and thoughts.

In the meantime, please alert any members, friends, family, or colleagues any of you have in that area. I will O/T on WS threads with an OR association, asking members to make themselves familiar with what we know and helping in getting the word out.

Thank ya'll for your much-needed support.

HEADS UP

I have been notified by one of Daryn's family members that his vehicle has been located "on a roadside near a trail in Hood River County, Oregon." This is near Mt. Hood, "one of the tallest peaks in the area." There is no sign of Daryn at that location.

I have also been notified that Guthrie OK LE are working with the FBI and the Hood River County Sheriff's Office to determine where Daryn is located.

Daryn's luggage (presumed at this time to be from his trip back home from Bella Vista to Del City on May 26) was found in the vehicle.

This does not look good, folks; and at least some of the family are fearing the worst. I will post thoughts and concerns later, and I invite your theories and thoughts.

In the meantime, please alert any members, friends, family, or colleagues any of you have in that area. I will O/T on WS threads with an OR association, asking members to make themselves familiar with what we know and helping in getting the word out.

Thanks for the update.
Has he ever been to Oregon previously, or liked to walk on nature trails?
I am hoping for the best. This is scary news for the family, but the vehicle is atleast found....and maybe people in the area would have seen Daryn, or who ever was driving his car, if it wasn't him.
And if it wasn't him, with the suitcase still in the vehicle, maybe something happened to him in Guthrie? Or along the way? A car jacking perhaps?

HEADS UP

Thank you for the update. I am glad they finally have a good lead. I really pray it leads to a safe return of Daryn to his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam