Motive: The Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
If DM and MS set up meetings with other owners of Dodge Ram 2500/3500 trucks, then the truck was the motive, LE confirmed that TB was targeted for his truck. Now, that engine is worth $20,000 new, so swapping a stolen $20,000 motor into another vehicle is motive enough for me.

Lets not forget some of the evidence found, LE found a number of stolen vehicles in the hanger, the body was found on the farm, and truck was tucked away at DMs mothers house, there is no doubt the truck is the motive.

I don't really believe the thrill kill idea and I am not so sure the serial killer idea works either as (LB was not found on the farm).

I also do not believe in any way shape or form that the Ram was going to be sold over seas.

Stealing a Ram for the motor, and using that motor in a Baja set up vehicle certainly seems plausible to me.

Lets go with the "set up meetings with other owners of Dodge Ram 2500/3500 trucks" for a moment. Firstly, we have yet to get the facts on these other two test drives. But presuming they are accurate for a moment - could it be that the 'accused' or other unknown involved.. were seeking a particular individual and the first one/two were not he? What if they did two ''test drives'' as alibis ? I dont think it was to be sold overseas either, but I also think killing for a 3,000 engine is flat out ridiculous.

Lets go with the "set up meetings with other owners of Dodge Ram 2500/3500 trucks" for a moment. Firstly, we have yet to get the facts on these other two test drives. But presuming they are accurate for a moment - could it be that the 'accused' or other unknown involved.. were seeking a particular individual and the first one/two were not he? What if they did two ''test drives'' as alibis ? I dont think it was to be sold overseas either, but I also think killing for a 3,000 engine is flat out ridiculous.

Finding one of those engines used is not easy, that engine is $20k new, I don't think they were going to kill for it, but there were certainly looking for a ram that had the diesel.

If they were able to steal a whole bunch of vehicles that were found in the hanger, why would they want to kill a man for his truck all of a sudden?

Finding one of those engines used is not easy, that engine is $20k new, I don't think they were going to kill for it, but there were certainly looking for a ram that had the diesel.

If they were able to steal a whole bunch of vehicles that were found in the hanger, why would they want to kill a man for his truck all of a sudden?

Rye, above, says that a used engine like that would cost about 3,000 used... There must be quite a few in Ontario. I know of three farmers close to here who have them.

So far the bunch of vehicles has been estimated at a number far less than ten...so it doesn't seem like a major enterprise, and one was Marty's Harley bike apparently.

Something about this doesn't smell right. IMO

Which "other two test drives"?

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2..._attempted_third_test_drive_of_dodge_ram.html

Rye, above, says that a used engine like that would cost about 3,000 used... There must be quite a few in Ontario. I know of three farmers close to here who have them.

So far the bunch of vehicles has been estimated at a number far less than ten...so it doesn't seem like a major enterprise, and one was Marty's Harley bike apparently.

Something about this doesn't smell right. IMO

Ok. So what doesn't smell right? LE said TB was targeted for his truck. I think .

If DM and MS set up meetings with other owners of Dodge Ram 2500/3500 trucks, then the truck was the motive, LE confirmed that TB was targeted for his truck. Now, that engine is worth $20,000 new, so swapping a stolen $20,000 motor into another vehicle is motive enough for me.

Lets not forget some of the evidence found, LE found a number of stolen vehicles in the hanger, the body was found on the farm, and truck was tucked away at DMs mothers house, there is no doubt the truck is the motive. Just the idea that there were stolen vehicles in the hanger tells me that this millionaire or rich guy was not going to buy everything...

I don't really believe the thrill kill idea and I am not so sure the serial killer idea works either as (LB was not found on the farm).

I also do not believe in any way shape or form that the Ram was going to be sold over seas.

Stealing a Ram for the motor, and using that motor in a Baja set up vehicle certainly seems plausible to me.
Regarding the bolded statements, thank you. Who knows why they wanted the truck. Only Dellen Millard and his cohort(s) can answer that question. What's relevant is that they "wanted" it, period, enough to set up at least three test drives. One owner failed to show, and another may have warded them off by his size. So they kept trying, and finally came upon Tim Bosma.

Regarding the bolded statements, thank you. Who knows why they wanted the truck. Only Dellen Millard and his cohort(s) can answer that question. What's relevant is that they "wanted" it, period, enough to set up at least three test drives. One owner failed to show, and another may have warded them off by his size. So they kept trying, and finally came upon Tim Bosma.

I will entertain the idea that looking for a ram could be an alibi, and the idea of just stealing the vehicle is a very valid idea. But, LE said they targeted TB for the truck, I don't understand why they would be specifically looking for a Ram truck if a thrill kill was planned, perhaps killing a Ram 3500 owner as the thrill, it has to be a killing of a ram owner? That sounds strange.

Back to the alibi issue, having a burner phone is going to kill the whole alibi thing. Deliberately not leaving a legit trace would never work for an alibi.

They wanted the truck for parts for a Baja build seems most plausible.

I will entertain the idea that looking for a ram could be an alibi, and the idea of just stealing the vehicle is a very valid idea. But, LE said they targeted TB for the truck, I don't understand why they would be specifically looking for a Ram truck if a thrill kill was planned, perhaps killing a Ram 3500 owner as the thrill, it has to be a killing of a ram owner? That sounds strange.

Back to the alibi issue, having a burner phone is going to kill the whole alibi thing. Deliberately not leaving a legit trace would never work for an alibi.

They wanted the truck for parts for a Baja build seems most plausible.
I don't think it was about a "thrill kill", either. (I'm sorry if my post came across that way.) As I said, I believe they wanted the truck. I don't claim to know why, and frankly, I don't think it's important to know. The fact that they contacted at least three sellers is enough to tell me the objective was to obtain the truck, and that is all that matters. The rest is a smoke screen, IMO.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I am convinced that the whole plan was a thrill kill (MS has a machete he wants to use, DM has a farm, an incinerator, perhaps a proclivity for murder, and so on). The plan revolves around a test drive - it allows them to take a single human being away from an area, at night, and into a more remote area, it also allows them to stack the odds against the victim by being out numbered and perhaps in a vulnerable position because one can sit behind him.

Now, imagine that you are going to murder someone in their vehicle. Would you pick any vehicle? Probably not. You'd choose a vehicle that interests you. Either for the parts or the whole. (Not sure, but was MS without a vehicle? Did he say to DM, I wish I had a truck like yours?)

I suspect the Etobicoke test drive/murder was aborted (if it was planned, that is) because the owner made them uneasy in some way.

Miles/..

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I am convinced that the whole plan was a thrill kill (MS has a machete he wants to use, DM has a farm, an incinerator, perhaps a proclivity for murder, and so on). The plan revolves around a test drive - it allows them to take a single human being away from an area, at night, and into a more remote area, it also allows them to stack the odds against the victim by being out numbered and perhaps in a vulnerable position because one can sit behind him.

Now, imagine that you are going to murder someone in their vehicle. Would you pick any vehicle? Probably not. You'd choose a vehicle that interests you. Either for the parts or the whole. (Not sure, but was MS without a vehicle? Did he say to DM, I wish I had a truck like yours?)

I suspect the Etobicoke test drive/murder was aborted (if it was planned, that is) because the owner made them uneasy in some way.

Miles/..
MS had an impaired charge, so I am only guessing here that his driver's licence may have still been suspended. Even if he did have his licence back, he wouldn't be able to afford insurance on a truck or car, especially after having an impaired charge. The truck was for DM. The kill for MS?

MS had an impaired charge, so I am only guessing here that his driver's licence may have still been suspended. Even if he did have his licence back, he wouldn't be able to afford insurance on a truck or car, especially after having an impaired charge. The truck was for DM. The kill for MS?

I saw a movie once about two strangers hatching a plan to kill each others husbands. This got me thinking.

Let's say, way back when, DM needed someone dead. ( either LB or WM or both ) but couldn't do it himself. My question is, how well did MS and DM know each other? Were they in constant contact in the public? I know it was a big deal to see them together via that picture with the Blue Nova, and how long ago was that picture taken?
I was simply thinking that one favour for one favour could be the motive. MS as poster above says, really wants that particular truck as his own. So, MS takes care of DM's problem and DM takes care of MS's problem. And the deal was if one gets caught, do not talk.

Or something along those lines. Which means in my theory there is not a suspect #3.
Who would ever catch on that those two from completely different walks in life would ever be together? Except of course, someone snapped a picture of them together and kept it. Just my own crazy speculation.

As far as DM is concerned he murdered no one. His hands are clean in that respect. Whenever I look at pictures of MS, especially in that Hannibal mask, I can see the craziness in his eyes. I can see MS doing the murders, and DM just providing the means of disposal. If DM was driving the Yukon, and MS was driving TB and his truck, then DM can avoid the forcible confinement and kidnapping charge altogether and just get an accessory charge which means way less jail time. I wonder also if they will ever find DM's prints anywhere in TB's truck.
The Millards' of this world, they are never the ones that get their hands dirty, they find someone else who will, find their weakness, and pay them well for their work.
Maybe MS is talking now since if this is (pure speculation I want to add )the way it went down, LE has explained all this to him and he may be beginning to realize how he was set up. Just my own opinion as I obviously have way too much time on my hands.

Oh, and the shopping cart, that is how you move a body from one part of the hangar to the other. Or from one part of the farm or barn, to the other side. JMO

he was charged in 2009..he would have his licence back by now and I'm sure with his record he would not care if he had insurance or not.

He was convicted of drug possession in 2005 and 2006, for failing to comply twice in 2006 and impaired driving in 2009.

He is also facing a charge of mischief for allegedly spray-painting a highway overpass.

http://globalnews.ca/news/585372/who-is-mark-smich/

Maybe MS is talking now since if this is (pure speculation I want to add )the way it went down, LE has explained all this to him and he may be beginning to realize how he was set up. Just my own opinion as I obviously have way too much time on my hands.

Oh, and the shopping cart, that is how you move a body from one part of the hangar to the other. Or from one part of the farm or barn, to the other side. JMO[/QUOTE]

If I was MS, I would start talking.

Oh, and the shopping cart, that is how you move a body from one part of the hangar to the other. Or from one part of the farm or barn, to the other side. JMO

If I was MS, I would start talking.[/QUOTE]

DM's lawyer hinted at bail. If DM is out on bail, with a lot more freedoms and luxuries than he has in jail, it may be just the thing to get MS talking assuming MS would prefer monitored freedom as well.

Ok. So what doesn't smell right? LE said TB was targeted for his truck. I think .

If you look at my very first post with all the info on the Dodge Truck/Cummins engine you will see that the 2007 trucks with the 5.9L cummins ARE the most desirable of all the 3rd generation trucks. In 2007.5 the engine was changed to the 6.7L and is full of emissions equipement and headaches. (do a quick search for 2007 Ram Cummins 5.9L and you will find how desirable they are).

As far as the availablity of the motors...YES they are very common and I personally know a place that has a bunch on hand at all times only a few minutes north of DM's hanger in Breslau.

Who would ever catch on that those two from completely different walks in life would ever be together? Except of course, someone snapped a picture of them together and kept it. Just my own crazy speculation.

The picture with the blue car was posted on DMs friend's facebook page. I think it was dated back in 2012.

So I am pretty sure they have known each other for at least a year.

[/B]

If I was MS, I would start talking.

DM's lawyer hinted at bail. If DM is out on bail, with a lot more freedoms and luxuries than he has in jail, it may be just the thing to get MS talking assuming MS would prefer monitored freedom as well.[/QUOTE]

There is no doubt in my mind that LE is driving a wedge between DM and MS.
You drive the wedge, then let it simmer for a while, then turn up more heat.

I don't remember seeing Smich in any of the Hangar photos. I'm not sure he is a body shop/mechanic either. Why was he on the truck runs with DM (TB and the man from the day before)? What was in it for him? Was the new truck/engine mashup going to be a gift vehicle for him? It seems to me that DM's friends all got vehicles somehow from him (use of the Hangar to build them, trips to the states to acquire vehicle and bring them back). Why is Smich involved at all?

The picture with the blue car was posted on DMs friend's facebook page. I think it was dated back in 2012.

So I am pretty sure they have known each other for at least a year.

It was posted in April of 2011 so they've known each other at least two years! There's also a photo of MS at DM's house from September 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennyboo