KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awww...thank you for sharing this. We were born in 1958 and 1959 (me). Does this line up? ;)

Ironically, for me too, writing about some of these totally tragic things leads me to feeling blessed and fortunate for what I do have. My relationship with my brother, my father, other family members, myself.

Interesting what happens when you start to purge. :seeya:

Today's entry was not an easy one to wade through but I'm hibernating today so took the time to get it all out.

Interesting I hadn't noticed the similarities when I first read your Blog, Kathy. Butforfortune, now that you point this stuff out, I had a dress exactly like Cindy's and the exact same haircut. I was born in '62.

Kathy, I love your writing and your heart. And you have such an inspiring story. And sad, of course. But the similarities between Cindy's and Travis' deaths are so remarkable. What I am getting at, what a lot of us have mentioned, but maybe you should think about writing a book? It would be beautiful. Your writing is so moving. :twocents: :seeya:

I just wanted to add, I really believe Cindy has been with you throughout this. Maybe she led you to this case? The coin you found really sticks with me.

Interesting I hadn't noticed the similarities when I first read your Blog, Kathy. Butforfortune, now that you point this stuff out, I had a dress exactly like Cindy's and the exact same haircut. I was born in '62.

Kathy, I love your writing and your heart. And you have such an inspiring story. And sad, of course. But the similarities between Cindy's and Travis' deaths are so remarkable. What I am getting at, what a lot of us have mentioned, but maybe you should think about writing a book? It would be beautiful. Your writing is so moving. :twocents: :seeya:

I just wanted to add, I really believe Cindy has been with you throughout this. Maybe she led you to this case? The coin you found really sticks with me.

Thank you so much. Interesting how so many of us born in the same time frame isn't it? I love looking at those old fashions. Thanks for your other kind comments. An editor randomly approached me (on here via pm) suggesting I start writing and to start this way...so we'll see. I'm getting LOTS of hits, up to 700 per day. The lengthy (difficult) post I wrote this weekend about abuse got the most hits so far..I think many people can relate to that topic.

I'm so glad you reminded me about that coin..it's still in my purse. I plan on giving it to Samantha but need to wait for the right way/timing to give it to her when she might need it most. xoxo :seeya:

Katie, I've been reading your blog since the first post. While I have had the blessed fortune to never lose a loved one to a heinous murder, there is so much more you write that rings a bell with my own life.

It is a good thing to get the bits and pieces of your life down in words as you think of them. Keep writing in this way. Some day, a ways down the recollections, you will have it all down and can start cutting and pasting to organize it into a book.

You say you are thinking of writing a book. You've already begun.

In your latest post, you mentioned your birth certificate being changed. That is standard with adoptions. I have in my possession 2 original birth certificates. There is my original, with my father's name, issued when I was born. The second, with my adopted "father's" name, issued 12 years later. Hardest for my 12-year-old self was to change over-night from calling him "Uncle Bob" to "Daddy." My father's memory was buried along with him when I was 7. After that, it took nearly 20 years for me to ever see his picture or dare to ask about him. Funny, I heard the "he was no angel" comment, along with some awful commentary about a man who had been severely abused himself as a child by his own father.

Adoptive father was able to destroy all records of him and my mother as well as their families. All involved are long gone now, and I'll never have any answers. Forgiveness is all I have to settle my mind.

Katie, I've been reading your blog since the first post. While I have had the blessed fortune to never lose a loved one to a heinous murder, there is so much more you write that rings a bell with my own life.

It is a good thing to get the bits and pieces of your life down in words as you think of them. Keep writing in this way. Some day, a ways down the recollections, you will have it all down and can start cutting and pasting to organize it into a book.

In your latest post, you mentioned your birth certificate being changed. That is standard with adoptions. I have in my possession 2 original birth certificates. There is my original, with my father's name, issued when I was born. The second, with my adopted "father's" name, issued 12 years later. Hardest for my 12-year-old self was to change over-night from calling him "Uncle Bob" to "Daddy." My father's memory was buried along with him when I was 7. After that, it took nearly 20 years for me to ever see his picture or dare to ask about him. Funny, I heard the "he was no angel" comment, along with some awful commentary about a man who had been severely abused himself as a child by his own father.

Adoptive father was able to destroy all records of him and my mother as well as their families. All involved are long gone now, and I'll never have any answers. Forgiveness is all I have to settle my mind.

:blowkiss:
I sure wish we could all go to summer camp together,
and just talk, talk, and talk.
Until then, Carolina, I'm giving you a giant hug.
and, your kitties, too!

Wow, just wow. reading the comments from people I have " come to know" on these threads opens up memories for me also that I have not thought of in years.

My father committed suicide when I was 8 years old by handgun. I clearly remember in 12th grade looking for some papers for filing financial aid in my mothers filing cabinet, and coming across his suicide note that my mother had for some reason kept. Until that day I had never question how he died. that moment and four hours afterwards, I was alone and distraught. I began to learn the truth that night as my mother explained to me that yes he had taken his own life. And then in my 40's, I learned the rest of the story from my daddy's best friend and my sister. I was in such tears to learn the truth.

To this day I find it very interesting that my father's best friend share that with me so many years later as the next year he got Alzheimers and died soon after. Perhaps he knew he would be gone soon and just wanted to ensure that I knew the truth, however raw, as it was after my mother had died and no one else was still alive to tell me what really happened.

I am so thankful I know the truth now so very many years later. as you said Katie in your last blog " sometimes it is important to tell the bald face truth"

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

KCL - I found an article on Beth today with references to you in the comments section .... can I post the link here or a generic email to you? Don't know how to IM.

I just am so loving and appreciating all the sharing you are all posting and sending me. It is so inspired and inspiring me.

For a new story about a post death miracle/visitation, I just finished this one:

http://twoinnocents.wordpress.com/2013/06/10/rescued/

Katie, you have touched a common thread amongst all human beings. When we read your story, we are in many ways reading our own in many ways. It makes us dig up old and often painful memories. Even so, reading your blog helps others to know they are not alone.

Katie, you have touched a common thread amongst all human beings. When we read your story, we are in many ways reading our own in many ways. It makes us dig up old and often painful memories. Even so, reading your blog helps others to know they are not alone.

Thank you so much. That is the whole point. Also your comments make me feel like I'm not alone, which is at least part of the reason I reach out to victims' families as well. xoxo

KCL - I found an article on Beth today with references to you in the comments section .... can I post the link here or a generic email to you? Don't know how to IM.

I think you can post the link here if it's not one of those weird "Someone Is Innocent" sites...right? I think so! If not you can just email it to me at katiecoolady@yahoo.com.

Speaking of Beth K
Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 1h

My last day at HLN and In Session was June 4. But I'm appearing on Nancy Grace tonight to weigh in on new details from the Arias trial.

Speaking of Beth K
Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras1h

My last day at HLN and In Session was June 4. But I'm appearing on Nancy Grace tonight to weigh in on new details from the Arias trial.

I saw her! She looked fantastic! Rested and with a kinda new hairdo. I hope they keep her on as some kind of correspondent even if she's not employed anymore to comment on this trial for the duration. Thanks DT!

I'm kinda sad we won't get Beth Karas's commentary on the Zimmerman case.

Katie - So enjoy following your blog. I was telling someone about another blog that you shared but cannot find it. Can you or someone that has it repost the link for Jayhorah's blog? Thanks.

I saw her! She looked fantastic! Rested and with a kinda new hairdo. I hope they keep her on as some kind of correspondent even if she's not employed anymore to comment on this trial for the duration. Thanks DT!

I really like Beth K. Do you know what she' going to do KCL ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23