Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another article with alot more detail found submerged in water. snipped and bbm. I was at first worried about 100 years old then remembered the other article and picture with the tooth still being attached. Alot of DNA in a tooth

"My buddy and I were walking along and he found it on the edge of the water," Walters explained.

"I saw this arch and what caught my eye was that the bone was actually standing up straight," Perkins Grant said.

The jawbone was partially submerged in water -- holding secrets untold.

"I immediately thought about Brittanee Drexel... was probably my first and foremost," Grant said.

According to the coroner's office, an anthropologist will look at the bones and try to determine how long they have been there. They may never determine the gender or race of the person."I'd say it was 5 or 6 years old. But it may turn out that it was 100 years old," Walters said.

For Walters, the thought of bringing closure to a family is personal.

"My godfather went missing when I was 15. So, he's been missing and there has been no answers to that story," Walters said

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/52182183/...ston-coroner-human-jawbone-found-drum-island/

Crystal Soles is also missing and they think Brittanee and her disappearance is linked. So finding one might find the other if the perp used the same location.

I wonder how many people are missing in the Charleston, SC area?

Another article with alot more detail found submerged in water. snipped and bbm. I was at first worried about 100 years old then remembered the other article and picture with the tooth still being attached. Alot of DNA in a tooth

"My buddy and I were walking along and he found it on the edge of the water," Walters explained.

"I saw this arch and what caught my eye was that the bone was actually standing up straight," Perkins Grant said.

The jawbone was partially submerged in water -- holding secrets untold.

"I immediately thought about Brittanee Drexel... was probably my first and foremost," Grant said.

According to the coroner's office, an anthropologist will look at the bones and try to determine how long they have been there. They may never determine the gender or race of the person."I'd say it was 5 or 6 years old. But it may turn out that it was 100 years old," Walters said.

For Walters, the thought of bringing closure to a family is personal.

"My godfather went missing when I was 15. So, he's been missing and there has been no answers to that story," Walters said

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/52182183/...ston-coroner-human-jawbone-found-drum-island/

Didn't release the bone was in the water. I wonder if it was in an area that is usually submerged and isn't right now or if it would come up from the tide?

Why do they say they may never determine gender or race? Is there no DNA left in it? Can they compare one tooth to Brittanee or do they need multiple teeth to compare dental records?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crystal Soles is also missing and they think Brittanee and her disappearance is linked. So finding one might find the other if the perp used the same location.

Why do they think the two cases are related?

MSM stated when Moody named a person of interest that he was also a suspect in the disappearance of Crystale Soules. This case seems that LE has alot of info they have not released; I'm guessing so when they do arrest a perp any info that he might know or acknowledge would prove him guility since it was not released.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/1...in-cold-case-disappearances-brittanee-drexel/

Why do they think the two cases are related?

Didn't release the bone was in the water. I wonder if it was in an area that is usually submerged and isn't right now or if it would come up from the tide?

Why do they say they may never determine gender or race? Is there no DNA left in it? Can they compare one tooth to Brittanee or do they need multiple teeth to compare dental records?

I've read a couple other news stories on the jaw bone and I guess it was found directly underneath the bridge along the shoreline. I would think you would be able to get DNA off of either the jaw bone or the tooth. I would think the tooth would be your best bet.

You are correct about the tides. The rivers here on the coast rise and fall with the tides so it is very possible that the jawbone washed up during a high tide onto the island. Then when the tide fell the jaw bone was exposed stuck in the mud and muck. It doesn't necessarily mean that a body was disposed of on this island but instead that is where the jawbone washed up once it disconnected from the skull. (Ugh sorry to be graphic). Things that are disposed of in these waters can end up miles away from the point of disposal due to the ebb and flo of the tides and the churning of the waters via storms, etc.

I'm thinking there should be some DNA in that one tooth but am not an expert. I hate thinking that this may be connected to our beautiful Brittanee but it is not out of the question (in my mind) that if she was killed and disposed of in the water further north that remains could wash up on this island even years later. I live on the waterway and a salt marsh and am amazed at the things that wash up out there.

I've always felt Britt's disappearance is a stranger abduction that occured in an isolated area during her walk back to her hotel. But then, there are those pesky so called 'friends' who alienated her and the gf who wanted her shorts back. Was that convo via phone call, vm, or text?

Just saw Brittanee's case on ID "Disappeared".

Sorry to hear that Britanee has never been found. Was so sad to see how close she was to her younger siblings and how much she adored them.

Hoping Justice and closure comse soon for Brittanee and her family.

A few things I thought were interesting about Britannee's case:

Right after Britannee disappeared, her boyfriend and friends called her several times on her cellphone. Each time they called her cellphone it pinged and revealed her direction of travel. As the investigators were able to determine, she was making a "beeline" south, and passed different counties / cell towers at a rate of speed that indicated she was definitely traveling in a vehicle.

Also, the search terrain was sooooo treacherous that the canine's handler's had to carry weapons because of wild boar, etc. There were alligators, snakes, wild boar, biting insects. It was mentioned on Disappeared that one could only survive about 6 hours in that area before they would be eaten by wildlife?

They didn't mention the names of the POI's on the show, but reading here, it seems Moody is definitely a viable suspect based on his whereabouts and location of residence. As usual, an RSO with a history...

Question, so, if he is a POI, how much can they possibly keep him under surveillance? Meaning, this guy is still roaming free. Would he be able to commit more crimes if he is indeed the one responsible for Britanee's disappearance? I read here he is a cabinet maker? Does anyone know if he travels out of SC for work? I'm wondering if he could possibly be tied to any recent cases, particularly ones occurring during the month of April...

Just some thoughts. You guys have been following this case for a long time, and I'm just now coming in. I look forward to reading your posts.

Glad you joined the thread. The one case they also have named Moody a POI in is Crystal Soles she went missing a few years prior to Brittanee around Charleston/Georgetown area. I believe Moody has to report in with him being a RSO and parolee but not sure how much they watch him since that would be alot of manpower on a daily basis.

A few things I thought were interesting about Britannee's case:

Right after Britannee disappeared, her boyfriend and friends called her several times on her cellphone. Each time they called her cellphone it pinged and revealed her direction of travel. As the investigators were able to determine, she was making a "beeline" south, and passed different counties / cell towers at a rate of speed that indicated she was definitely traveling in a vehicle.

Also, the search terrain was sooooo treacherous that the canine's handler's had to carry weapons because of wild boar, etc. There were alligators, snakes, wild boar, biting insects. It was mentioned on Disappeared that one could only survive about 6 hours in that area before they would be eaten by wildlife?

They didn't mention the names of the POI's on the show, but reading here, it seems Moody is definitely a viable suspect based on his whereabouts and location of residence. As usual, an RSO with a history...

Question, so, if he is a POI, how much can they possibly keep him under surveillance? Meaning, this guy is still roaming free. Would he be able to commit more crimes if he is indeed the one responsible for Britanee's disappearance? I read here he is a cabinet maker? Does anyone know if he travels out of SC for work? I'm wondering if he could possibly be tied to any recent cases, particularly ones occurring during the month of April...

Just some thoughts. You guys have been following this case for a long time, and I'm just now coming in. I look forward to reading your posts.

As far as them tracking RM, my guess at this point is - probably not as much as he should be. Myrtle Beach is on a lot of 'most dangerous cities' lists. Sadly, I'm of the thinking they simply are not equipped to provide as much focus as is needed. Too much other going on. And in that environment, people tend to slip through the cracks...:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam