WA WA - Maureen Kelly, 19, Skamania County, 10 June 2013

Have they tried to use helicopters? I can't believe they aren't putting more resources into finding this young woman.

The forever was hyperbole. It stays in your system for 1-3 months depending on the testing and how much fat you have in your system (Morbidly obese people can test positive for marijuana far longer than super skinny people) In fact, morbidly obese people can test positive something like 6 months from the last time they smoked

Actually, in some cases, it can show up even a year+ after use via hair testing, obese or not.

The drugs if there were any would have well and truly worn off by now anyway!!

She may have disappeared on purpose, made arrangements to be picked up on the road. Law enforcement probably knows something they aren't saying, that could be why they called off the search and rescue so early.

She may have disappeared on purpose, made arrangements to be picked up on the road. Law enforcement probably knows something they aren't saying, that could be why they called off the search and rescue so early.

I hope this is the case. Is there a "help find" FB page for her?

ETA: I found a missing FB page. I fully believe Polevaultpower is correct In their opinion because there is nothing new on the FB page since Wednesday. No posts, no comments, nothing. There is however a post on her brothers page where he alludes to knowing something. He also adds a winky face. So... I feel pretty strongly she's ok somewhere.

ETA: I found a missing FB page. I fully believe Polevaultpower is correct In their opinion because there is nothing new on the FB page since Wednesday. No posts, no comments, nothing. There is however a post on her brothers page where he alludes to knowing something. He also adds a winky face. So... I feel pretty strongly she's ok somewhere.

Seriously? If the brother is making allusions like that, LE should speak out, assuming he has told them.

I don't see how she could survive at this point, in the woods.

Sadly, I agree. If she is alive, she could have walked out by now, or alerted the search teams as to where she was. She could have only gone so far on her own, barefoot, and even if she had got injured, surely the initial search teams should have located her fairly easily as they knew where she'd set off from.

I can't decide if she got abducted, injured and deceased very soon after setting out on her walk or never actually did the spiritual quest to start with. I'm favoring 1 and 3, possibly taken away by car by someone she was there with.

ETA:

Before reading the bits about her brother's FB, I was thinking abduction, possibly by the people she was with. Now, what he is alluding to, makes it seem something very different. Strange, as a voluntary disappearance doesn't seem to fit in with how she comes across on her FB page - I mean she doesn't seem the type to be happy for people to spend time and resources looking for her if she isn't missing, or have people worry about her unnecessarily.

MOO JMO

It depends upon how much value is put on what her brother said on social media. I am getting the feeling she is missing of her own accord and is not out there in the woods, waiting to be found, abducted, or deceased.

It depends upon how much value is put on what her brother said on social media. I am getting the feeling she is missing of her own accord and is not out there in the woods, waiting to be found, abducted, or deceased.

I hope you're right

Sometimes I get more creeped out by who might be lurking in the woods then the nature and animals themselves in some areas of Washington. A naked 19 year old female sure would catch the attention of anyone around.

That is a valid concern. There have been several unsolved murders of women in the woods of Western Washington. The most recent that I can recall are those of Susanna Stodden and her mother Mary Cooper. See: http://www.examiner.com/article/three-years-later-pinnacle-lake-trail-murders-still-unsolved

I hope this young women won't end up being another such case! It's truly scary. I am someone who lived in WA for 12 years and did a lot of hiking there, but always in a group.

That is a valid concern. There have been several unsolved murders of women in the woods of Western Washington. The most recent that I can recall are those of Susanna Stodden and her mother Mary Cooper. See: http://www.examiner.com/article/three-years-later-pinnacle-lake-trail-murders-still-unsolved

I hope this young women won't end up being another such case! It's truly scary. I am someone who lived in WA for 12 years and did a lot of hiking there, but always in a group.

In addition, there is also the case of Mike Reimer and Diana Robertson as well as Stephen Harkins and Ruth Cooper. There seems to be someone(s) stalking campgrounds up and down the Pacific coast.

See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Jenner,_California_double-murder

WELCOME jmcgladr :seeya:

Just saw this and naturally thought of Maureen -
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/22601008/police-naked-body-of-woman-found-in-tempe-street

Police: Naked body of woman found in Tempe street
Posted: Jun 15, 2013 4:51 PM EST Updated: Jun 16, 2013 12:08 AM ES

I've still never seen a photo of Maureen posted in this thread. Do we have one yet to compare to the sketch of the woman they found naked and dead?

ETA - Maureen -
naked1.jpg

source - http://tribkcpq.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/naked1.jpg

Police sketch -
22601008_BG1.jpg

source - http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/22601008/police-naked-body-of-woman-found-in-tempe-street

ok nevermind doesn't look anything like her. had to try. I'll leave this post here so anyone else coming across the article knows it's already been looked at. Maybe someone else can figure out who this lady is who was just found, maybe she matches a different missing thread here.

Agreed, deceased, naked with a stab wound?

I can see your points - but if she was found deceased with a stab wound, the "cover story" wouldn't have helped much because 1.) The coroner could probably pinpoint the time of death pretty accurately, provided she is found fairly soon and 2.) It would obviously be a human-caused injury. So if it's a cover story, it's a poor one IMO. If she was murdered and left in the woods by these friends/acquaintances, the time of death determination would show the story to be false, and it would have "covered up" nothing. Plus, the friends WANTED the searches to continue, according to what I've read. I don't think they're responsible for anything except allowing a friend to use bad judgement.

Sorry to be so morbid!

I can see your points - but if she was found deceased with a stab wound, the "cover story" wouldn't have helped much because 1.) The coroner could probably pinpoint the time of death pretty accurately, provided she is found fairly soon and 2.) It would obviously be a human-caused injury. So if it's a cover story, it's a poor one IMO. If she was murdered and left in the woods by these friends/acquaintances, the time of death determination would show the story to be false, and it would have "covered up" nothing. Plus, the friends WANTED the searches to continue, according to what I've read. I don't think they're responsible for anything except allowing a friend to use bad judgement.

Sorry to be so morbid!

Just an idea, but what if the friends knew she wasn't there ..... further searches wouldn't be a problem. MOO JMO and all that.

Just an idea, but what if the friends knew she wasn't there ..... further searches wouldn't be a problem. MOO JMO and all that.

Yes, that is a possibility, and might make some sense. But it really seems like she was well-liked and popular, from her FB page and videos, so it's hard to imagine someone in her peer group wanting to murder her.

Can someone please post the link of the missing FB page. I can not see the link anywhere on this thread. Thank you!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/search-back-missing-naked-woman-spiritual-quest/story?id=19410568

Rescuers Resume Search Efforts for Missing Wash. Woman on Naked 'Spiritual Quest'

"There's always a risk of injury in the territory she's in -- it's very deep and rugged," he said. "There's a lot of debris on the forest floor, so she could slip on moss, or break a leg. There are a lot of different scenarios you could run into."

The sheriff's office does not have photos of Kelly for identification purposes, but authorities are aware of Kelly's physical characteristics.

"There aren't too many folks we know of that are missing here without clothes on," Cox said.

Considering the photos I've seen of where she went missing, these searchers have had a tough job. I am begining to think she will remain missing. :sigh:I hope that I am wrong.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crime.junkie
Back