WA WA - Maureen Kelly, 19, Skamania County, 10 June 2013

In hoping for the best, I hope that her compass was actually an app on her iPhone and that she is safe and sound.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/search-back-missing-naked-woman-spiritual-quest/story?id=19410568

Considering the photos I've seen of where she went missing, these searchers have had a tough job. I am begining to think she will remain missing. :sigh:I hope that I am wrong.

What I don't get is why search and rescue decided to call off the search for several days in what would seem to be a crucial time period to find her alive? Budget cuts, or what? Does anyone know why they suspended the search several days in, and waited until the weekend to continue it?

Is the "missing" one another FB page from this one? This is the only one I've found. I'd like to see a link to her brother's one that was mentioned, with the cryptic remarks and winky face, though.

https://www.facebook.com/anu.kelly.3?fref=ts

Yes, the above link is Maureen's personal Facebook.

I am reading there is a Help Find Maureen FB set up by her loved one to locate her but I can not see a link anywhere. Her brother's personal Facebook page is where you can find the cryptic wink face but it looks like it might be a face with a tear drop if I following the conversation correctly. :/

We are not allowed to post the link to the brothers page here. However, Maureen's friend list on FB is open to the public to view, her brother shares the same surname as her and his name starts with M. His FB page is open to the public.

Curious Grace, is he the blond guy with the same surname? I didn't see anything like that posted on his page, if so. Nothing too recent. He also doesn't look like her. Maybe the one I looked up was a cousin or something? I will look more closely through her friend list.

Here is the "Find Anu Kelly" FB link from the Columbian newspaper article.

http://www.facebook.com/FindAnuKelly.

No he is not the blonde guy. Same last name, but first name starts with an M. I saw the comment and IMO it is being taken out of context here.

No he is not the blonde guy. Same last name, but first name starts with an M. I saw the comment and IMO it is being taken out of context here.

Yes, I read it a different way too.

If you search the name "Kelly" in her friends list, it's a boy whose first name begins like this "Mich..... Kelly"

Thanks, I found it. It's hard to know what he meant. I kind of took it to mean, the context, that he knew of some possible trouble that could have befallen her (not personally, just the same thoughts any of us would have if our loved ones were missing). I didn't take it to mean that he knew where she was and that she was safe. He seems quite worried from his posts - poor guy! What a hard thing for her family to go through.

I hope this was not a planned disappearance to 're-invent' herself. :(

Is there anyway this could be an elaborate plan of major attention seeking?
The whole "naked" thing and everything that has followed, especially her scent ending at the road, has me skeptical, I hate to say it. JMO

I hope this was not a planned disappearance to 're-invent' herself. :(

It occurred to me that her adopted name was interesting - "Anu Kelly" or "A new Kelly." Given her recent troubles with testing positive for drugs and that implication on her probation, wanting a new start might indeed be a possibility.

It occurred to me that her adopted name was interesting - "Anu Kelly" or "A new Kelly." Given her recent troubles with testing positive for drugs and that implication on her probation, wanting a new start might indeed be a possibility.

I think this is a strong possibility. And LE statements lead me to believe they do not think Maureen is still currently in the woods or that she does not want to be found. I also think its strange that a group of individuals would let a young girl walk off naked into the woods, unless they were under the influence of drugs or alcohol. I don't know any spiritual retreat that does this. LE know more than we do and I think that's why the search stopped and started, I saw they did another search today is that correct?

Anyone remember 'The Runaway Bride'? That story just keeps popping into my head.

I think this is strong possibility. And LE statements lead me to believe they do not think Maureen is still currently in the woods or that she does not want to be found. I also think its strange that a group of individuals would let a young girl walk off naked into the woods, unless they were under the influence of drugs or alcohol. I don't know any spiritual retreat that does this. LE know more than we do and I think that's why the search stopped and started, I saw they did another search today is that correct?

The last I heard the search was "suspended" as of Saturday evening (the 15th). I haven't heard of any new searches today, except for an independent search by the family. I am sure you're right, that LE knows more than we do about this case. I too get a strange feeling about her footsteps not being able to be tracked beyond the road. Whether it's an abduction or a voluntary leaving, it seems like she may have left the area by car.

Perhaps going naked into the woods is some kind of "rebirth" for her? And she was picked up by someone related to her new life? If not then the possibilities are not good for her, but it is interesting that she seems to be such a spiritual person.

Just saw this and naturally thought of Maureen -
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/22601008/police-naked-body-of-woman-found-in-tempe-street

Police: Naked body of woman found in Tempe street
Posted: Jun 15, 2013 4:51 PM EST Updated: Jun 16, 2013 12:08 AM ES

I've still never seen a photo of Maureen posted in this thread. Do we have one yet to compare to the sketch of the woman they found naked and dead?

ETA - Maureen -
naked1.jpg

source - http://tribkcpq.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/naked1.jpg

Police sketch -
22601008_BG1.jpg

source - http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/22601008/police-naked-body-of-woman-found-in-tempe-street

ok nevermind doesn't look anything like her. had to try. I'll leave this post here so anyone else coming across the article knows it's already been looked at. Maybe someone else can figure out who this lady is who was just found, maybe she matches a different missing thread here.

Kinda O/T - Interesting that you'd post this - I am local in AZ and when I heard about the girl with the braces on her teeth found naked in the street, for some unexplainable reason, I immediately thought that she was not from here. She doesn't look like MK, but I am hopeful someone knows who she is and she is identified soon.

Am I allowed to printscreen the conversation and paste it here if I block out the names and photos of those involved?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back