Any Elisa Updates At All?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I am also seated waiting. But the good news is that autopsy reports are public in California so we will be able to call it out in time. Then there is of course to see how detailed it can be, it can turn out to be very brief as an informative copy. But I was wondering when you can start to demand to get it?

Yes, I am also seated waiting. But the good news is that autopsy reports are public in California so we will be able to call it out in time. Then there is of course to see how detailed it can be, it can turn out to be very brief as an informative copy. But I was wondering when you can start to demand to get it?

No idea.....would they be obtainable at all while the investigation is ongoing? Is there anyone reading this who might be able to explain the possibilities for us?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No idea.....would they be obtainable at all while the investigation is ongoing? Is there anyone reading this who might be able to explain the possibilities for us?
Yes, but is the investigation ongoing? We are four months away now and the case is getting colder and colder. As for the first day, people are checking in and out on Cecil Hotel as nothing has happen. The only thing media did report was the taste of the water and how unfortunate it was for those living at Cecil Hotel. I was amazed at that time how the interest turned to only include them residents taste buds! It was not a criminal case anymore, just a health problem. I want to demand the autopsy report , if there is any. I want to put pressure on those who are responsible. I don´t know the jurisdiction about the first report but that one is obviously finished and should be for public. I want to know if Claudia Peschiutta was telling the truth when she claimed that officials had said that she was naked. That would be a turning point in this case.

Yes, but is the investigation ongoing? We are four months away now and the case is getting colder and colder.As for the first day, people are checking in and out on Cecil Hotel as nothing has happen.

YES. I was wondering how on earth the Cecil could continue operating as usual......I realise they'd have to to some extent but it felt more like everyone was just desensitised to it.

The only thing media did report was the taste of the water and how unfortunate it was for those living at Cecil Hotel. I was amazed at that time how the interest turned to only include them residents taste buds! It was not a criminal case anymore, just a health problem.

I must admit the water aspect intrigued/horrified me but it's almost as if the novelty just wore out for most people beyond that. We stuck around because we care about this person and want justice for her. As we have discussed before, to the majority of media Elisa was just some body traumatising guests, not an actual human being who had lost her life. Is this what we've come to as a society? It's all about what happens to US and if we're inconvenienced or not. Once we consume any titillating information we toss the husk aside. Like some sort of vampires.

I want to demand the autopsy report , if there is any. I want to put pressure on those who are responsible. I don´t know the jurisdiction about the first report but that one is obviously finished and should be for public. I want to know if Claudia Peschiutta was telling the truth when she claimed that officials had said that she was naked. That would be a turning point in this case.

How do we put pressure to find out? It seems every direction we take we're blocked. I can understand her friends and family wanting their privacy but no info from the LAPD, the media, on a case that was so sensationalised......

Anyone can file a request to release the file under the Freedom of Information Act. However, you usually need a sound reason (beyond curiosity) for wanting the info. Most times a reporter files the request, but if they are not reporting per LE investigation this won't happen. I will try writing the LA Times again and see if this draws a response.

If not, I happen to write freelance and might be able to file the request with intent of using info to write an article. This is a long shot.

Perhaps, the easiest way to start is to call the LAPD and/or Coroner's office to see why it is taking so long? Is anyone here close enough to make local calls and feeling bold?

Anyone can file a request to release the file under the Freedom of Information Act. However, you usually need a sound reason (beyond curiosity) for wanting the info. Most times a reporter files the request, but if they are not reporting per LE investigation this won't happen. I will try writing the LA Times again and see if this draws a response.

If not, I happen to write freelance and might be able to file the request with intent of using info to write an article. This is a long shot.

Perhaps, the easiest way to start is to call the LAPD and/or Coroner's office to see why it is taking so long? Is anyone here close enough to make local calls and feeling bold?

I don't suppose fear over public safety would be a sound reason....or perhaps fear of the affects of certain prescription drugs used to treat depression and aid sleep etc?

If someone could call that would be amazing. Unfortunately I live overseas otherwise I would :/ I think at this point asking for answers is not out of line.

If someone could call that would be amazing. Unfortunately I live overseas otherwise I would :/
Same for me, I am located in Sweden. But I did send an eloquently email today with questions to Lakshmanan Sathyavagiswaran, Chief Medical Examiner - Coroner, Los Angeles County. But I highly doubt that he will send me a reply. I have tried to get in contact with one of his assersors as well - Ed Winter - but no reply.

Same for me, I am located in Sweden. But I did send an eloquently email today with questions to Lakshmanan Sathyavagiswaran, Chief Medical Examiner - Coroner, Los Angeles County. But I highly doubt that he will send me a reply. I have tried to get in contact with one of his assersors as well - Ed Winter - but no reply.

That's awesome!

What if we try someone who is maybe more accessible and might have more time to read and respond to emails?

Edited: ok I sent a couple emails out. All we can do is try, guys, and the more we try I think the better.

snipped
I wonder how they define "sound" reason... seems to make Freedom of Information not so free, at least in cases when all of the people whose job it is to cover news are avoiding a story like the plague. I can understand why they might not want to process a lot of random requests for info from citizens, but what if a lot of people signed a petition strongly but respectfully urging the authorities to process a single request of said information so that we can know? If it hasn't been made public by anyone else they deem worthy, shouldn't a big crowd of concerned citizens matter as much as one john q. journalist? Seems that her autopsy should be public, especially given the public nature of her death, the possibility of foul play, and the way in which her remains affected the people in the hotel.

Or maybe the laws are rigid and don't include the kind of leeway required for what I am suggesting. If it were a possibility, though, all we would have to do is start a thread about a petition, and not only would most of the people who have always frequented this EL sub-forum sign it, but probably plenty of other people from Websleuths and around the web. That would most certainly draw attention to this issue, instead of letting it disappear like it never happened. Whoever was in charge of the petition could take delivery of the autopsy info and pass it on to us. Or am I just ignorantly dreaming? Admittedly, I know nothing about this kind of legal area, and the laws aren't necessarily guided by any kind of common sense anyway.

If it were a possibility, though, all we would have to do is start a thread about a petition, and not only would most of the people who have always frequented this EL sub-forum sign it, but probably plenty of other people from Websleuths and around the web. That would most certainly draw attention to this issue, instead of letting it disappear like it never happened. Whoever was in charge of the petition could take delivery of the autopsy info and pass it on to us.
I am in for that. There are a lot of online petition tools on the Net but I am not sure which one to use in this particular case. I also think that a petition signed online could be a much better way in acting, involving more people.
I have no experience in starting up anything like that but I believe it is very easy done. How do we proceed? I am also thinking about all these thousands of engaged people at chinese forums who have been standing on tiptoes for this case.

About making further contact with Los Angeles County Department. I assume that individuals in a management position do not comment or make any statements because the formal way is through the desk of public information.

They got an Media-Public Information officer called MEDIA-PIO, spokesperson: pio@coroner.lacounty.gov Telephone: (323) 343-0738
and Silvia Gonzalez is the Chief of Public Services Division: sgonzalez@coroner.lacounty.gov Telephone: (323) 343-0516

Interesting guys.

A petition sounds like a good option at this point. Might I ask though....are we not being disrespectful to Elisa's family and friends by demanding such information? I just worry we might be crossing some moral boundaries.

Walklikeacat, good idea, thanks for those emails. We should all send some off, it'll make a bigger impact than just one or two negligible emails.

Are we not being disrespectful to Elisa's family and friends by demanding such information? I just worry we might be crossing some moral boundaries.
I don´t feel like that. Of course we got two different sceneries here within this case, if it is a crime investigation or if it is a tragic accident by EL herself.
My understanding is that this is still a criminal case as long as the contrary is elucidated. Nothing has been written about this case since February 22 when the first autopsy was done. It just ended there and I can´t accept that. Of course, I am used to our openness in Sweden which means that the public gradually are given information how actual crime investigations progresses. A total different kind of communication. Of course we got nearly the same type of media, cases are not very persistent in tabloid format.

I don´t think it is disrespectful to put pressure on authorities as in this case. They do not inform. They should at least inform about the delay.

I also believe that if they had informed the public about the investigation continously, then people around in LA, San Diego, Vancouver or at the Net could have been in help solving this case.

WOAH guys, I got a response!!!

Am I allowed to post an email here or not??? O_O

Response from la coroner's office says Elisa's death was determined an accidental drowning

I was told that we can call a number for public services and give the case reference number to obtain the public record of her autopsy report. Can I pm somebody who can give them a call???

I don´t think it is disrespectful to put pressure on authorities as in this case. They do not inform. They should at least inform about the delay.

I also believe that if they had informed the public about the investigation continously, then people around in LA, San Diego, Vancouver or at the Net could have been in help solving this case.

You're right. I guess a part of me feels it's none of our business yet it is, at the same time.

Where is everybody? It's 2 am in Australia and I need to give this email information to someone who can call for us. Lol

Another email. Case is closed - tox report will be included with autopsy report when we request it. WOW guys..... :/

Response from la coroner's office says Elisa's death was determined an accidental drowning

I was told that we can call a number for public services and give the case reference number to obtain the public record of her autopsy report. Can I pm somebody who can give them a call???

Great work! I figured calling was the way to go. Heck, I would have e-mailed weeks ago had I thought they would respond.

Did they give you the date everything was finalized?

I feel so bad for her family; especially if it was result of a med cocktail. If there is suspected medical negligence involved, they may not be releasing details to public. This still; however, does not answer why not one media venue sees fit to update the public. I can understand her family wanting to keep it private, but really all they had to do was issue a cause of death update.

Great work! I figured calling was the way to go. Heck, I would have e-mailed weeks ago had I thought they would respond.

Did they give you the date everything was finalized?

I feel so bad for her family; especially if it was result of a med cocktail. If there is suspected medical negligence involved, they may not be releasing details to public. This still; however, does not answer why not one media venue sees fit to update the public. I can understand her family wanting to keep it private, but really all they had to do was issue a cause of death update.

Yeah I figured getting a response was a long shot, but like they say about the lotto, "you can't win if you don't play" lol. They would've had to give a status on it eventually.

No no dates but I was told details would be provided in the reports.

Yes it's so sad. If it was a meds cocktail then man what a cocktail it was for her to wind up inside a cistern on top of a 15 story building :/ I can't even begin to imagine the fear she must have felt and only hope she wasn't aware of what was happening..poor Elisa :(

I don't understand either. I just don't get it. I wonder if any of the media obtained information about her autopsy results and didn't bother to post them because the results are not scandalous and tittilating, ie not great for getting attention for your article? Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members