GUILTY MI - Robert Cipriano, 52, beaten to death, Farmington Hills, 16 April 2012

EMT said as far as he could see all Mitchell had was a bloody nose when he treated him at the scene, he was handcuffed and sitting in a chair and told EMT he had been hit with a bat in face, chest and torso, EMT saw nothing during his treatment of Mitchell that supported his statement that he had been hit with bat,

he transported Mitchell to hospital not because he felt it was medically necessary but because LE requested he did so

READ FROM THE BOTTOM TO THE TOP
Go to freep.com for updates on this story.
by Gina Damron 4:41 PM

Young looked at his grandmother while being led out of the courtroom. She appeared to give him a nod.
by Gina Damron 4:40 PM

Court is in recess until 8:30 a.m. tomorrow.
by Gina Damron 4:40 PM

Judge Kumar said court is breaking for the day.
by Gina Damron 4:38 PM

He has been excused.

No further questions for Sgt. Wecker.

Wecker testified Young's bloody nose could have been caused by a hit on the face or by falling.

No further questions from McCarthy. Skrzynski asking questions.
by Gina Damron 4:37 PM

Wecker again testified he did not observe any swelling on Young's face.
by Gina Damron 4:35 PM

McCarthy is beginning his questioning of Wecker.
by Gina Damron 4:30 PM

No further questions from Skrzynski.
by Gina Damron 4:30 PM

Wecker said he would estimate that he provided minimal care for Young at the scene.
by Gina Damron 4:29 PM

Wecker testified Young's chest, while tender, there was no bruising or deformity.
by Gina Damron 4:28 PM

Wecker said Young told him he was hit with a baseball bat. Wecker said his injuries were not consistent with that. When a person is hit with a bat, a mark would be left and there would be swelling, Wecker testified.
by Gina Damron 4:28 PM

Wecker said Young suffered a "minor injury."
by Gina Damron 4:23 PM

Young was also placed on a backboard, but had difficulty breathing because of his nosebleed, Wecker testified. Ultimately, he allowed Young to sit up on the stretcher without the backboard, Wecker said.
by Gina Damron 4:21 PM

Wecker said Young had no neck or back complaints, but he checked to make sure no deformity, pain or tenderness. There wasn't, he testified. Wecker, though, put on a cervical collar as a precaution.
by Gina Damron 4:21 PM

Young wrote something on a piece of paper and passed it to his attorney.
by Gina Damron 4:20 PM

Wecker: He treated Young's bloody nose and assessed his face, which had no bruising or swelling. He also said he checked Young's chest.
by Gina Damron 4:19 PM

That, Wecker testified, was based on a number of things, including whether Young needed pain killers. He said Young did not request any pain killers.
by Gina Damron 4:18 PM

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the worst, Young told Wecker his pain was a 6, Wecker testified. Wecker, though, said he would place the pain more likely at a one or a two.
by Gina Damron 4:17 PM

Young told Wecker he was hit in the face with a bat, Wecker testified.
by Gina Damron 4:17 PM

Wecker testified Young appeared stable and his vital signs were stable and normal.
by Gina Damron 4:15 PM

Wecker testified Young seemed agitated. "As normal we try to be calm and reassuring," Wecker said. He testified Young responded to questions in a calm manner.
by Gina Damron 4:15 PM

Wecker testified that Young was able to give him his name. Wecker said he asked Young where he lived. "First he said nowhere and then I pressed him on that ... and he said 'Here and there,'" Wecker said. Wecker testified he continued to press Young, who eventually gave him his mother's name and information.
by Gina Damron 4:14 PM

Wecker said there was a minor amount of blood coming from Young.
by Gina Damron 4:13 PM

Wecker testified there was no indication of any fracture.
by Gina Damron 4:12 PM

Wecker said he took gauze and placed it under his nose to prevent blood from dripping. Young said he had pain in the face area, Wecker testified.
by Gina Damron 4:12 PM

Young was sitting in a chair in handcuffs, had blood dribbling underneath his nose, he was breathing rapidly and he was crying or whimpering.
by Gina Damron 4:11 PM

Wecker: At the time police were not certain whether Young was a victim or suspect. Police thought he had some injuries.
by Gina Damron 4:10 PM

Wecker testified he was directed to evaluate a person in handcuffs. He identified that person as Mitchell Young.
by Gina Damron 4:10 PM

Police officials were at the front door of the home, Wecker testified.
by Gina Damron 4:08 PM

Wecker said he was assigned to respond to the home and evaluate another person.
by Gina Damron 4:08 PM

"When we arrived there was a police perimeter," Wecker testified.
by Gina Damron 4:07 PM

Wecker testified that he went to the home on Rose Hill in a medical unit. "We were dispatched to an assault and there were multiple victims," he said,
by Gina Damron 4:06 PM

Sgt. Daniel Wecker, with Farmington Hills fire and EMT, testifying now.

http://live.freep.com/Event/Live_blog_Mitchell_Young_trial_in_Cipriano_murder_case

Thank you kindly for both those answers. :seeya:

So Young never had a dislocated jaw. I was sure I had read that somewhere. :waitasec:

I still think DT is going to portray Young as a would be hero who was injured trying to stop that horrible confessed murdrer.:boohoo:

Every time I see the defendant in court, my mind goes back to his appearance at his arraignment. :lol: :facepalm:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N36pS95XLBw

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

omg i needed that :floorlaugh:

what a day! catching up on the thread now........i listened when i could, so as always thanks sooooo much for the updates and pics!

It's hard to believe this is the same person who sits like a statue in court everyday.

That moment when you realize you are screwed forever
[video=youtube;IXHzB1POCsU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXHzB1POCsU[/video]

Thank you kindly for both those answers. :seeya:

So Young never had a dislocated jaw. I was sure I had read that somewhere. :waitasec:

I still think DT is going to portray Young as a would be hero who was injured trying to stop that horrible confessed murdrer.:boohoo:

It looks like Young ran up the stairs of the house to hide from police and came up with a scheme to say that he had been attacked too, trying to look like a victim.
:stormingmad:

I thought I had read somewhere that Young called his mother after he was arrested and she did not want anything to do with him.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2013/06/attorney_doubts_tucker_ciprian.html

Attorney doubts Tucker Cipriano will testify in Mitchell Young trial

Mitchell Ribitwer, Cipriano's attorney, visited the courtroom of presiding Oakland County Circuit Judge Shalina D. Kumar Thursday and spoke to Young's attorney, Michael McCarthy, during a recess.

As he walked out, Ribitwer was asked if Cipriano would be called as a witness.

"I doubt it, but you'll have to ask" Oakland County Assistant Prosecutor John Skrzynski, said Ribitwer.

more at link...

omg that poor family, these photos are horrible.

defendant looks angry, shaking his head no at the testimony of the detective. First time he has had any reaction.

His bedroom has a pink dresser, a bed with no sheets and it is a pig sty, absolutely filthy..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back