Identified! AZ - Tempe, Hisp/NatAmFem UP11372, 15-19, Jun'13 - Annovedwin Begay-Barakzai *guilty*

margarita25

Reaction score
Naked girl's body found on Tempe street: Police hope dental work helps ID victim

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...et-police-circulating-photos-dental-work.html

PHP51C0882274EEF.jpg

"Among the biggest mysteries is why she was dumped, apparently intentionally, in the 1900 block of East Minton Drive, a normally quiet suburban neighborhood southeast of U.S. 60 and McClintock Drive, he said.

The woman’s naked body was found at 4:30 a.m. on Saturday. She was “very brutally murdered,’’ Pooley said... <modsnip>

He said a forensic anthropologist with the Maricopa County Medical Examiner’s Office determined during an autopsy Monday that she is probably 16 years old, but that she could be anywhere from 15 to 19 years old.

The woman is Native American or Hispanic, about 4 feet 10 inches to 5 feet tall, weighing 110 to 120 pounds, with short brown or auburn hair. She had matching stud turquoise earrings in each ear and a small diamond stud nose ring in her right nostril. She had a scar on the outside of her right wrist and a surgical scar on her throat.

<modsnip> Because of the high level of violence used by the victim’s attacker, police want to make an arrest before the killer can strike again.

Anyone with information about the woman’s murder is asked to call police at 480-350-8311.

Here is a link to the thread for Adrienne Salinas. She was reported missing in the area and at the same time that this unidentified female's body was found. While this is not Adrienne, the coincidental timing and location of her disappearance is extremely suspicious, imo, and could poooooosibly be related.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212476

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/22605864/2013/06/16/missing-adrienne-salinas

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9576007&postcount=4

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/22601008/police-naked-body-of-woman-found-in-tempe-street

"TEMPE, Ariz. -
The naked body of a woman with severe, deadly wounds was discovered lying in the street of a usually calm Tempe neighborhood Saturday morning.

The woman, believed to be about 20-years-old, had no clothing and no identification, making it difficult for police to figure out who she is.

Now they're asking for the public's help identifying her and finding whoever killed her and left her battered body in the middle of homes.

<modsnip>They're really relying on the public to bring forth any information about who may have dropped her off.

Take a look at the sketch the Tempe Police Department released. The woman is described as either Hispanic or Native American with braces on her teeth.

If you know anyone matching that description, contact the Tempe police.

TIP LINE: (480) 966-6211

I've seen no mention of any tattoos. I presume that LE would have released that information if the victim had any.

It's very concerning that LE sounds concerned that the perp might do this type of thing again.

Surely if this was Salinas, LE would have figured it out by now?

Surely if this was Salinas, LE would have figured it out by now?

Yes, its not Salinas, but the coincidence of the timing and location is really really coincidental...did she witness something? Is the disappearance of Adrienne somehow related? Hopefully Adrienne didn't encounter the monster who did this.

Oh, sorry, I missed your earlier post where you explicitly stated it wasn't her--I thought maybe it really hadn't been cleared up yet. I agree it is all very weird though.

Here is a map link showing the distance between where the body was found, and where Adrienne went missing around the same time Saturday morning:

http://goo.gl/maps/fh0n1

Here is a map link showing the distance between where the body was found, and where Adrienne went missing around the same time Saturday morning:

http://goo.gl/maps/fh0n1

according to this map, the drive from where the body was left in the street to where Adrienne was last seen is 14-16 minutes, i assume driving. it's hard to tell when the body was left on the street, but we do know it was sometime before 4:30am... i just wonder if this is a frequently traveled road at that time of morning? i wish we had information on someone else who drove through that street before the person that found the body, just so we can have an idea of a timeframe.

in the adrienne case, one report shows 4:30am as her last seen time and another says 5:00am. i'm even more worried if the 4:30am time is more accurate. if the perp disposed of the body at, say, 4:20 or so, he/she could have been near Adrienne at the exact time she was last seen. being that she's very attractive and similar in age to the unidentified victim found in the street, AND that she probably appeared vulnerable... it would be hard for this perp to resist such a target.

regarding this unidentified case, i have a feeling that those braces are going to be a huge blessing in revealing her identity. this tells me that there are probably some fairly recent x-rays somewhere. i remember when i had braces, they would take x-rays fairly often. i don't know what all is involved in searching for matches, but i hope it's a fairly simple process so LE can being to move forward even more on this case, quickly.

also - i'm hoping that the body that was found has some DNA that was left behind by the perp... seminal, hair, or even skin under her nails? i hate to know that they had to use facial recognition software to try and create an image of her face. what did this monster do to her? :(

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...e-autospy-body-of-woman-found-naked-abrk.html

Not sure if we have this one yet. It says she was covered with a blanket.

Yesterday I read an article that said LE had called in a Gang crime expert, but of course today I can't find it.

I believe the resident is saying that the cops/responders put the blanket over her. Poorly worded either way.

These are the disturbing snippets from that article BTW:

Sgt. Mike Pooley, a police spokesman, said the the victim likely suffered badly prior to her death and that the level of violence has shocked even homicide detectives, who are working to make an arrest as quickly as possible because they fear the young woman&#8217;s attacker could strike again.

&#8220;She&#8217;s a young female, and the way she was displayed in the neighborhood, it shocks the conscience,&#8221; Pooley said. &#8220;We don&#8217;t know if it is a crime of passion or if there is a message being sent.&#8221;

He said the victim suffered &#8220;very severe trauma,&#8221; but he added that it would compromise the investigation to describe the woman&#8217;s injuries in greater detail.

The fact that they won't give any details, yet say things like 'suffered badly' and 'shocked even homicide detectives' and 'the way she was displayed' and 'shocked the conscious' makes me think they feel they are looking for a unique kind of sadistic psychopath. They also hint that they fear he may do it again, which means that the nature of it leads them to believe that it's not a domestic type of situation but rather a ritualistic one. He could have even left a message.

Disturbing. I'm feeling that this case might ultimately be related to Adrienne in some way.

I believe the resident is saying that the cops/responders put the blanket over her. Poorly worded either way.

The fact that they won't give any details, yet say things like 'suffered badly' and 'shocked even homicide detectives' and 'the way she was displayed' and 'shocked the conscious' makes me think they feel they are looking for a unique kind of sadistic psychopath. They also hint that they fear he may do it again, which means that the nature of it leads them to believe that it's not a domestic type of situation but rather a ritualistic one. He could have even left a message.

Disturbing. I'm feeling that this case might ultimately be related to Adrienne in some way.

Exactly, it must have been really really really really bad...really scared for Adrienne. :please:

Very, very chilling when LE seems so bothered by a case.

This is sooooooo disturbing. I hope they find the perp soon!!!!!

As to our Jane Doe, who are you sweetheart? I agree mamacita that the braces are a blessing and will likely help lead to her identity soon!

Are those braces in the sketch? Looks like it to me but I don't see mention of it in the info pro died in the article. If so hopefully an orthodontist might recognize his work.

Copycat Serial killer? (the proximity to baseline rd makes me wonder about The baseline killer on death row)

Also, movie about a serial killer in Tempe Town Lake:

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/19859794/2012/10/18/no-need-for-alarm-lakeside-killer-only-a-movie
"It's about a young guy investigating the unsolved murder of his girlfriend and he believes it's a serial killer called the Lakeside Killer as in Tempe Town Lake and what he uncovers turns out to be far worse," says filmmaker Bret Thomas."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back