AK, NY Israel Keyes - Who are all of his victims???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh he killed Lauren Spierer. The timeline almost guarantees it. Hang on, I"ll post it..

ETA: JMO (for now, but I bet one day it'll be known fact)

*NOTE* Keyes' siblings lived in Harlan, Indiana when Lauren Spierer went missing.
*NOTE* Keyes planned killings trips to coincide with family visits

-------

6/2/2011: Anchorage to Chicago, IL
Flew from Anchorage, AK to Chicago, IL on 6/2/2011.
Rented a vehicle. Took 3 days to get to Essex, VT though it's a trip that takes only 14.5 hours

6/3/2011- Lauren Spierer disappears from Bloomington, Indiana

6/5 -8, 2011: Essex, VT
Arrived on 6/5/2011 and checked into the Handy Suites motel for a three day stay.

6/8/2011: Killed Bill and Lorraine Currier
32 Upper Main St, Essex VT 2011

betw. 6/8 - 15, 2011: Maine
After killing the Curriers in VT on 6/8/2011, he visited his parents in Maine.

betw. 6/8 - 15, 2011: Blake Falls Reservoir, Parishville, NY
Parishville, NY - Keyes had a kill kit stashed here. This is the kit that had been buried in Essex VT from spring 2009 until June 2011 when he used it in the Currier's murder. Then he brought it here where it was later discovered.

6/15/2011: Chicago, IL to CA
Flew from Chicago, IL to San Francisco, CA on 6/15/2011

6/16/2011: San Francisco, CA to Anchorage, AK
Flew from San Francisco, CA to Anchorage, AK on 6/16/2011.

Oh he killed Lauren Spierer. The timeline almost guarantees it. Hang on, I"ll post it..

GGE, I hope you have turned this in to FBI.....Sure fits the timeline, and it almost speaks of Keyes dirty works

May I ask which 2 you think are IK possibilities? I'm also wondering about a few of them. I thought it was interesting that Karen Swift's body was found in a cemetery, but so few details have been released (at least that I can find) it's hard to say either way. I also think that Holly Bobo and Lauren Spierer could be possibilities. Lauren's disappearance is during the time that he was in Chicago/Vermont etc. Do we know what date he actually checked into his accommodation in VT, I haven't got it written down anyway so not sure.

the 2 I think is Lauren Spierer and Holly Bobo.....GGE just posted all about Lauren and it sure fits Keyes timeline and his known dirty works
I have read quiet a bit on Holly's case....there are several that have been discussed on here that could have done it....I just think the clothes being camoflauge, blood found in the carport...and being led into the wooded area are just a few of things that hit me in the head as possibly Keyes....and I would love to know 100% truthfully if she had any text on her phone right before she went missing........I have developed a new pattern I tend to think Keyes used on all his known kidnapped victims....I feel he started to let them know something was very wrong, calling them, maybe seen following them at a distance, and I feel he may have even gone around a victims home late at night and did things like throw a pebble on a window, take an item that would be easily noticed as being gone, just to make them question what in the world was happening at this time, but I firmly believe he stalked his long-thought out victims before he went for the final kidnap and murder....I think he probably sat in a motel somewhere and laughed and amused himself at night while all the while in his sick mind he knew the kill was close at hand...probably gave him a high in some sick way,other than his murders

diggndoodle - I think you're absolutely right. I think his sick sense of "foreplay" included watching people for a period of time, at least a couple/few days, and seeing them react to his making them uneasy. I think the guy gets off on fear, to be blunt. Err, did. Whatever. I haven't seen anything to make me think he's dead, I only know he never wanted to be in the media and once he was he got pissed and stopped talking, and suddenly "oops, he's dead, nothing more for media to see" and THEN FBI starts taking over random cases left and right.

But yeah for sake of ease, we'll call him dead for now.

PS no I never turned it in, I figured someone was working 24/7 inside LE on this case and knows it even better than me. But I'm starting to think maybe I should. I have to find the email address of whomever actually wants tips, again, because I have several thoughts to share.

I have read quiet a bit on Holly's case....there are several that have been discussed on here that could have done it....I just think the clothes being camoflauge, blood found in the carport...and being led into the wooded area are just a few of things that hit me in the head as possibly Keyes....and I would love to know 100% truthfully if she had any text on her phone right before she went missing........I have developed a new pattern I tend to think Keyes used on all his known kidnapped victims....I feel he started to let them know something was very wrong, calling them, maybe seen following them at a distance, and I feel he may have even gone around a victims home late at night and did things like throw a pebble on a window, take an item that would be easily noticed as being gone, just to make them question what in the world was happening at this time, but I firmly believe he stalked his long-thought out victims before he went for the final kidnap and murder....I think he probably sat in a motel somewhere and laughed and amused himself at night while all the while in his sick mind he knew the kill was close at hand...probably gave him a high in some sick way,other than his murders

BBM - you just made me remember, I read several places back when Holly's case was newer, that she had been feeling uneasy for some time, a couple of weeks, and had talked about either having bad dreams or some kind of bad feeling about something going to happen, or something can't quit recall what. I'm afraid it would take endless web searches to find it, too, because it may have come from family or friends on Topix or something rather than coming out in MSM... I don't *quite* remember, wish I did.

But that fact alone is the first one that has me considering the theory... hm

I Wonder if he has a trinket box with souvenirs somewhere in the vicinity of his house in Constable, NY? just a gut feeling.... buried kill-kit-style perhaps....

I Wonder if he has a trinket box with souvenirs somewhere in the vicinity of his house in Constable, NY? just a gut feeling.... buried kill-kit-style perhaps....

I agree with the idea that he may have a trinket box somewhere hidden, I was wondering if it could be in Washington somewhere, maybe near where he lived in Neah Bay, in the bush maybe.

Hi! I had a question I hope you guys can help with. Why is the FBI only saying that Israel Keyes was in the Southwestern United States during 2010? Why not pinpoint his whereabouts? Was he in Nevada, Arizona, Texas, California? Why the mystery on that year? Thanks in advance.

Hi! I had a question I hope you guys can help with. Why is the FBI only saying that Israel Keyes was in the Southwestern United States during 2010? Why not pinpoint his whereabouts? Was he in Nevada, Arizona, Texas, California? Why the mystery on that year? Thanks in advance.

I don't know why they don't give details sometimes, and sometimes they do. Maybe they are working on a theory about a specific case right now or something?

But here's the best timeline for all of 2010 I can find from LE:

1/11 - 2/25, 2010: FBI Timeline - Western US
FBI Timeline puts Keyes in the Western US between 1/11 - 2 /25 2010

3/1 - 10, 2010: FBI Timeline - Western US
FBI Timeline puts Keyes in the Western US between 3/1 - 3/10 2010

4/24 - 4/30, 2010: FBI Timeline - Western US
FBI Timeline puts Keyes in the Western US between 4/24 - 4/30 2010

5/19 - 7/18, 2010: FBI Timeline - Midwest & Western US

6/9/2010: Alaska
Keyes obtained an Alaska fishing license June 9, 2010.

7/7/10 - Anchorage, AK to Seattle, WA
Flew from Anchorage, AK to Seattle, WA on 7/7/10.
Rented a vehicle and drove 393 miles.

7/9/2010: Seattle, WA to Sacramento, CA
Flew from Seattle, WA to Sacramento, CA on 7/9/2010.
Rented a vehicle and drove 232 miles.
Left Sacramento for Anchorage, AK on 7/12/2010.

7/12/2010: Sacramento, CA to Anchorage, AK

7/20/2010: Anchorage, AK to Las Vegas, NV
Flew from Anchorage, AK to Las Vegas, NV on 7/20/2010.
No known rental vehicle.
Left Las Vegas on 7/22/2010.

10/15/2010: Anchorage, AK to Chicago, IL
Flew from Anchorage, AK to Chicago, IL on 10/15/2010.

10/15/2010: Chicago, IL to Boston, MA
Continued on to Boston, MA on 10/15/2010.
Rented a vehicle - mileage unknown.
Left Boston on 10/25/2010.

GGE, on the following section from your "My Comprehensive Israel Keyes Timeline":

6/16/2011: San Francisco, CA to Anchorage, AK
Flew from San Francisco, CA to Anchorage, AK on 6/16/2011.

9/15 - 9/25 2011: FBI Timeline - Western US
FBI Timeline puts Keyes in the Western US between 9/15 - 9/25 2011

... do you know: Is the "gap" between June and September meaning that Keyes is believed to have remained in AK during all that time, or are his whereabouts during that time just not fully accounted for?

Do you have any factual evidence to suggest he's responsible for Lauren's disappearance? What about the other murders near Chicago during that time period? He could just as well be responsible in those crimes, too. I don't mean to be sarcastic, just realistic. I see an awful lot of assumptions and theories with virtually no substance.

Please post in the appropriate threads to avoid parallel discussions.

McStay Family forum here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9593655#post9593655"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Lauren Spierer here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212654"]IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #30 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

GGE, on the following section from your "My Comprehensive Israel Keyes Timeline":

... do you know: Is the "gap" between June and September meaning that Keyes is believed to have remained in AK during all that time, or are his whereabouts during that time just not fully accounted for?

To the best of my understanding, any and all times that he is unaccounted for holds potential for illegal activity.

Also to the best of my understanding, he would turn off his phone and stop using credit/debit cards during times when he was committing crimes, which is why his trail would jsut go dark at those times.

So I had originally been looking at only the in-between times to fit in who his other potential victims were, as per the thread title.... but then I realized the details of his killing trips are given as well, so evne for times we KNOW where he was, often those are times he was doing stuff...

So for me personally, the way I've been looking at the timeline, is this:

100% of his activities are suspect BUT some of them we can pinpoint where he was at the time a little bit easier.

I just figure, whether we know he was on a trip or whether we know he was entirely unaccounted for, either way he was a serial killer and bank robber, so potentially committing crimes.

JMO (and posted 100% before coffee so hopefully makes sense)

Thanks Bessie, that's why I added JMO.

Since this thread is to figure out who his other potential victims are, I was under the impression that he discussions we've had so far about Lauren are perfectly appropriate here. But to avoid any issues, I won't go off on a tangent discussing why I think she's one of his potential victims in here, I promise.

(ETA - and this is meant to be humorous yet honest, not argumentative, but on the internet it can be hard to have the message come across right when you can't see me posting with a smile:

Wouldn't it be a parallel discussion if, instead, we went into all these other forums and started posting that we thought they were all potential Keyes' victims, rather than just keeping that all here in the thread MADE for potential Keyes' victims? I'm just imagining copying and pasting all my Lauren Spierer posts from this thread to hers. Then I'd be double-posting, cross-posting, AND causing a parallel discussion... how many rules should I really break at one time? LOL just joking, I guess I can go double-cross-post a random message into Lauren's thread if that's what you want me to do, but it seems silly when the post is about IK's potential other victims, and that's the name of THIS thread :) But, I realize that me explaining my actions doesn't mean the moderation team will agree with them, don't worry. I run my own forum and have webmastered and moderated plenty more (albeit usually for rock bands or concert series rather than missing persons) and I know full well that what mods say goes.)

(PS - the MSM links for these "facts" are all posted previously in this thread - Keyes did say in jailhouse interviews that he went to Indiana on that trip, because he has relatives there. He was in the same state on the same time she went missing, and he was on a killing trip at the time. He has said he killed on his trips to visit relatives. The timeline puts him solidly in the area for her abduction and murder.

I believe the way this thread worked right from the start was to find names in NAMUS and other databases and compare ALL of them to his known travels and note the most likely match-ups here. Lauren fits better than most, so it seemed that it should be noted here just like everyone else in the first 34 pages of the thread. I didn't take pages to talk and argue about why I was sure my theory was sound, or anything like that - I'm aware of how that does sidetrack an entire thread. I merely responded to a post with post or two of my own, being sure to note each that contained theory as being my opinion only, and moved on (until now of course)....

Like I told someone else here, sure we all want him to be the guy who killed all hte people in all our "pet" cases because it would bring closure to them all - Holly, Kyron, Lauren, what have you - but that's just not going to be the case. But to say "well then he can't have killed ANYONE whose case is prolific and unsolved" is, I think, a faulty premise to sleuth on. IMO)

ETA: I just checked the link to the McStay/IK forum but since I don't personally feel this is a likely situation, I have nothing to contribute there. Thanks for including the links for the others here who do think so, though. I see they've made their way over there so I'm sure it was helpful for them.

I see the link for Lauren's thread goes to a "thread number thirty", and I can't read all thirty threads so I can't post there. I do'nt want to be one of "those people".. you know... who posts without actually reading the whole thread(s) first. :( Part of why I'm so thankful there's a thread dedicated solely to figuring out who IK's other victims could be! :)

GGE, you answered your own question. Matching his timeline to missing persons is fine, but in depth discussions (tangents) should be avoided. It's more productive to explore the possibilities in the the threads dedicated to the respective victims so the members who know the facts in those cases can respond.

I don't know why they don't give details sometimes, and sometimes they do. Maybe they are working on a theory about a specific case right now or something?

But here's the best timeline for all of 2010 I can find from LE:

1/11 - 2/25, 2010: FBI Timeline - Western US
FBI Timeline puts Keyes in the Western US between 1/11 - 2 /25 2010

3/1 - 10, 2010: FBI Timeline - Western US
FBI Timeline puts Keyes in the Western US between 3/1 - 3/10 2010

4/24 - 4/30, 2010: FBI Timeline - Western US
FBI Timeline puts Keyes in the Western US between 4/24 - 4/30 2010

5/19 - 7/18, 2010: FBI Timeline - Midwest & Western US

6/9/2010: Alaska
Keyes obtained an Alaska fishing license June 9, 2010.

7/7/10 - Anchorage, AK to Seattle, WA
Flew from Anchorage, AK to Seattle, WA on 7/7/10.
Rented a vehicle and drove 393 miles.

7/9/2010: Seattle, WA to Sacramento, CA
Flew from Seattle, WA to Sacramento, CA on 7/9/2010.
Rented a vehicle and drove 232 miles.

7/12/2010: Sacramento, CA to Anchorage, AK

7/20/2010: Anchorage, AK to Las Vegas, NV
Flew from Anchorage, AK to Las Vegas, NV on 7/20/2010.
No known rental vehicle.
Left Las Vegas on 7/22/2010.

10/15/2010: Anchorage, AK to Chicago, IL

10/15/2010: Chicago, IL to Boston, MA
Continued on to Boston, MA on 10/15/2010.
Rented a vehicle - mileage unknown.
Left Boston on 10/25/2010.
Do you have links for these entries?

Israel Keyes owns a cabin in Constable, New York, which is on the Canadian border. http://www.ktva.com/news/samantha-ko...164538596.html

Keyes worked in Washington state from 1995 to 1997, served in the Army for three years, and from 2001 to 2007 worked for the Makah Tribal Council in Neah Bay, Wash. http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...ved-found.html

Possible clues on area and time frame for potential victims to look at. (Of course, LE said Keyes traveled a LOT, so do not limit it to these specific areas!)

Let's go, Websleuthers!!!

Bbm.
Really scary when you consider the wide variety of places IK has been, wish his family would help fill in some blanks.

From above link.
"WCAX confirmed Israel Keyes owns a cabin in Constable, New York, which is on the Canadian border. It’s also a four-hour drive from West Stewartstown and an hour and a half from Essex.

Over the weekend the New Hampshire Assistant Attorney General, Jane Young, publicly acknowledged for the first time that investigators were gathering information about Keyes.

“State Police are aware of Mr. Keyes and they are being provided information through the FBI. Everybody is looked at in these case,” Young told a New Hampshire paper on Sunday.

The Anchorage Police Department said when a person is in custody it’s crucial investigators look at every place the person’s been"

Bbm.
Really scary when you consider the wide variety of places IK has been, wish his family would help fill in some blanks.

From above link.
"WCAX confirmed Israel Keyes owns a cabin in Constable, New York, which is on the Canadian border. It’s also a four-hour drive from West Stewartstown and an hour and a half from Essex.

Over the weekend the New Hampshire Assistant Attorney General, Jane Young, publicly acknowledged for the first time that investigators were gathering information about Keyes.

“State Police are aware of Mr. Keyes and they are being provided information through the FBI. Everybody is looked at in these case,” Young told a New Hampshire paper on Sunday.

The Anchorage Police Department said when a person is in custody it’s crucial investigators look at every place the person’s been"
I couldn't agree more, dotr. When you consider all of the missing persons, UID's, and unsolved murders, there must be thousands of possibilities.

Some members might not be aware that in NamUs, missing and UID's can be searched using a number of different filters. So for instance, if it's known IK was in a particular state on a particular date, one could enter the data into an advanced search and find the MP's or UID's that match. Of course, not ALL MP's and UID's are in NamUs, but there are enough to provide a good start. ;)

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/searches/

I just want to thank the posters who took the time and effort to post about IK on the McStay forum. Your research and knowledge of IK is very much appreciated. IMO, he is the POI... especially since it has been about 3 1/2 years since this family was last seen alive...

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member