Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

14 yo to solo as far as I know and you don't have to actually be a citizen, as long as one is legally admitted into the country.

After about 10-20 flight hours(usually), 40 hours of ground school and passing a written radio license test, a pre solo written test and a recommendation from the instructor, you can solo.

The Transport Canada SEL(single engine land) private Aeroplane has the license number on both the license and the medical so I assume DM at 14 would have one medical with two separate license numbers. One for Aeroplane another for helo.

All this based on my personal experience with Transport Canada and flying out of Lindsay, Toronto, Peterborough, Muskoka.
I'm not a Canadian citizen and I did my flight training in Lindsay and Oshawa, however I wasn't 14.

DM received his licence 13 years ago. Laws can change in 13 years. Back then the age may have been 16 but maybe some strings where pulled. I remember some controversy over this years ago as the general public voiced concern about allowing someone so young to hold a pilot's licence. MOO

Could by why and how he managed to break a record...special privileges.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/standards/general-personnel-gen-477.htm

According to the article, DM left school after grade 10 in 2001. His DOB is August 30, 1985. How is it possible for DM to attend college in 2002 (just 17), after dropping out of school at age 16 and not having the recommended credits? DM would have been 16 almost 17 while making application to college. He wouldn't even qualify as a mature student. Something doesn't add up IMO.

Mr. Millard attended the prestigious Toronto French School but left after Grade 10. He studied 3D games animation at Humber College in 2002 but was once “caught red-handed” plagiarizing the work of his classmates, according to a source at the college.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...rge-in-mysterious-bosma-case/article12757899/

All students are entitled to virtually free elementary and secondary education in Canada. In fact, the Province of Ontario has recently enacted legislation to require students to remain in school until the age of eighteen.[8] Previously, children had been allowed to legally drop out of school upon reaching the age of sixteen. This initiative is part of a larger program that includes a Can$1.3 billion (about US$1.23 billion) Student Success Strategy to expand available programs. Ontario has also created 1,000 new skilled trades training spaces for vocational training.[9] The new requirement that children remain in school until the age of eighteen is enforceable with fines against parents who do not enroll their children in school. However, critics question whether the province will be able to force students to return to school if they decide to quit after reaching the age of sixteen.

http://www.loc.gov/law/help/child-rights/canada.php#Education

Education is compulsory up to the age of 16 in every province in Canada, except for Manitoba, Ontario and New Brunswick, where the compulsory age is 18, or as soon as a high school diploma has been achieved. In some provinces early leaving exemptions can be granted under certain circumstances at 14.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_Canada"]Education in Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

For all Canadian provinces or territories, successful completion of a Grade 12 diploma is required. For the province of Quebec, Secondary V is required.
Review admission equivalents by country here.

Mature Student Eligibility for Humber Degree Programs
Applicant:
Is at least 21 years of age.
Has not graduated from secondary school with the required 12U, M (U/C) or OAC credits.
Has been away from secondary school studies for at least two years.
Possess the published subject requirements or equivalents, with a minimum grade of 60 per cent.
Has not previously attempted any postsecondary studies.

http://www.humber.ca/admission-requirements

You can take a course. It doesn't say he was admitted to and enrolled in a program.

Sounds like it according to the article. Ultimate word AT not through or with. He attended IMO.

Mr. Millard attended the prestigious Toronto French School but left after Grade 10. He studied 3D games animation at Humber College in 2002 but was once “caught red-handed” plagiarizing the work of his classmates, according to a source at the college.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...rge-in-mysterious-bosma-case/article12757899/

Why did DM drop out of school at age 16? IMO that is not a typical move by someone who is supposedly smart. Most well adjusted children remain in school until they acquire their grade 12 education/diploma. In Ontario it is a requirement. DM did not excel. Some students are very brilliant and excel, bypassing a grade or two throughout their schooling years. DM was not that exception.

What I take away from this is DM did not take his education serious. He felt his wealth (family wealth) would carry him through life and he did not need to focus on an education. Typically children do not drop out of school because they are well adjusted, highly intelligent or mature. According to linked article, children generally drop out over academic difficulty and failure, poor attendance, being held back, disengagement from school, transition to a new school, and other life factors: pregnancy, family problems, and financial difficulties are all factors that distract a student from schoolwork and make keeping up more challenging. MOO. In another article it was stated by Mr. Sharif: As far as Mr. Sharif and other executives at the company were concerned, Dellen and his red mohawk spelled trouble. “I thought he was just a spoilt little brat who had his way all his life and didn’t appreciate what his father was doing for him,” said Mr. Sharif. “He was an impediment to the hangar operation” who didn’t meet his deadlines, almost never arrived at work before noon, and refused to clear his collection of cars, jeeps, hot rods, jet skis and personal airplanes from the business premises.

It is just moo, I feel WM held the purse strings tight when it came to DM's requests for money. WM requested DM do something with his life educational wise and this was the purpose of DM attending courses/college to satisfy his father, remain in good standings and to continue to receive financial handouts from WM. Courses DM took do not seem to be highly difficult but more along the line of entertainment/interest/fun. It is my opinion DM murdered WM to have full access to WM money without restriction, requests or having to answer for his spending habits. What happened just before WM's death between father and son, where WM may have threatened to cut off financial handouts to DM? Did WM find out his son was involved in stealing vehicles, involved in drugs, things going on in the hangar such; chop shop, DM's photography venture, unsavoury friends?

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

Why Kids Drop Out of School
Parents who are involved in their kids' education often make the difference between academic success and failure. Kids do better when their parents care: when parents make sure their kids get to school and are progressing well and when parents communicate their expectations for success. If problems arise, involved parents have laid a solid foundation for dealing with them.

See more at:
http://www.eduguide.org/library/viewarticle/2132/#sthash.Qtm0Eoin.dpuf

DM most likely used his druggie friends to help him find cheap toys that he wanted, in exchange for future re-payment; the piper came calling in May 2013.

Our spoiled brat is educated by his street bro's on how to clam up if caught, what lawyer to call, and how to handle or educate your friends MS.

I still believe there is a third person, that taught DM how to deal with the police and how to dispose of evidence. Even if the two idiots DM and MS did this crime alone...some one told them how to deal with dead bodies and the cops. Someone with past experience.

I am still surprise MS has not talked; my only thinking is that he is deeper into selling street drugs than any of his friends will admit. And therefore more prepared by his contacts on how to act if caught; to shut up, to protect his *advertiser censored* from being hung by his homies, in or out of prison.

Both when and if court convicted should be put into the general population as they have given the court no reason that they need protection then see who talks.

i think DM was the leader and MS and others the followers, attracted by DM's money and thrill-seeking. JMO.

Why did DM drop out of school at age 16? IMO that is not a typical move by someone who is supposedly smart.
<snipped for space>

Maybe his family life had something to do with it. That may have been around the time of his parents splitting up?

"<FC> said Dellen Millard was around when his mom moved into the neighbourhood about a decade ago. However, he hasn&#8217;t lived there during the last eight or nine years."
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/13/tim-bosma-case-neighbour-called-police-about-suspicious-trailer

We have confirmation that he left Toronto French School after Grade 10, but we don't know for sure that he didn't enroll in another school, possibly in York Region if he was living with his mother for some period of time (which that quote from the neighbour seems to suggest).

ETA: DM may have been going through a phase at that time, maybe rebelling or maybe just expressing his individuality and wanting to make his own decisions regarding his schooling. A different neighbour in Kleinburg recalls DM having brightly coloured hair as "a kid" (I assume this would have been around the time DM's mother moved in).

"But after the news broke of his arrest, <RD> recognized him in news photos &#8212; especially with the bright red Mohawk, as he frequently had brightly coloured hair as a kid, <RD> said."
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/05/19/tim_bosma_neighbours_miss_millards_quiet_mother.html

Does TFS require students to wear uniforms and would they allow unique hairstyles?

Maybe his family life had something to do with it. That may have been around the time of his parents splitting up?

"<FC> said Dellen Millard was around when his mom moved into the neighbourhood about a decade ago. However, he hasn’t lived there during the last eight or nine years."
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/13/tim-bosma-case-neighbour-called-police-about-suspicious-trailer

We have confirmation that he left Toronto French School after Grade 10, but we don't know for sure that he didn't enroll in another school, possibly in York Region if he was living with his mother for some period of time (which that quote from the neighbour seems to suggest).

ETA: DM may have been going through a phase at that time, maybe rebelling or maybe just expressing his individuality and wanting to make his own decisions regarding his schooling. A different neighbour in Kleinburg recalls DM having brightly coloured hair as "a kid" (I assume this would have been around the time DM's mother moved in).

"But after the news broke of his arrest, <RD> recognized him in news photos — especially with the bright red Mohawk, as he frequently had brightly coloured hair as a kid, <RD> said."
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/05/19/tim_bosma_neighbours_miss_millards_quiet_mother.html

Does TFS require students to wear uniforms and would they allow unique hairstyles?

JMO but I don't think the word of a neighbor who clearly hasn't seen DM in over a decade, can be relied upon to give an accurate account of DM's childhood hair color. He (RD) even admits he has only just started to take notice of the absence of MB. JMO/MOO

JMO but I don't think the word of a neighbor who clearly hasn't seen DM in over a decade, can be relied upon to give an accurate account of DM's childhood hair color. He (RD) even admits he has only just started to take notice of the absence of MB. JMO/MOO

Dimas recognized him in news photos &#8212; especially with the bright red Mohawk, as he frequently had brightly coloured hair as a kid, Dimas said.
IMO, the neighbor is not talking about his natural haircolor as a child. The word "frequently" suggests change, and gives the impression DM dyed his hair bright colors like the red in his mohawk. People tend to remember that kind of thing. Besides, as an example, I haven't seen some of my son's childhood friends in over 20 years, but I can still tell you the color of their hair.

Why did DM drop out of school at age 16? IMO that is not a typical move by someone who is supposedly smart. Most well adjusted children remain in school until they acquire their grade 12 education/diploma. In Ontario it is a requirement. DM did not excel. Some students are very brilliant and excel, bypassing a grade or two throughout their schooling years. DM was not that exception.
I've also found it strange that DM dropped out of private school. It's not common for a student to drop out of private school. Perhaps he was a trouble maker and it was suggested that he drop out.
That could be why he dropped out or was not well liked by his peers and didn't feel like he belonged. Was he bullied for being weird, odd, a hillbilly, a braggart, loner? Did DM have learning difficulties? Was he so intelligent he found school boring and a waste of time? Did he skip school a lot?

In this day and age, even 13 years ago, education was stressed to be of great importance as it determines someones career or successful path in life. If he was kicked out of school, wouldn't you think his parents would have had him transferred to a different school or hired DM a tutor? Did they not worry about DM's education because they knew they would financially support him for the rest of their lives and eventually he would inherit their assumed wealth? IMO that doesn't make for reasonable, responsible parents. I get the impression DM is a very arrogant person and a bully of sorts. Maybe he had a way of bullying his parent around. As Mr. Sharif said, a spoiled brat. IMO DM was in total control of everything and everyone in his life. I could see him also controlling MS to an extent. Did he demand MS to murder TB and pay him? Not saying that is what happened, I'm assuming. Weird what money can buy. Just MOO.

Why would DM buy a small digger/bobcat to do any construction on the farmland property when he supposedly has an abundance of money and could hire companies to do his dirty work? This small piece of equipment could not do such large jobs. I do not see DM as someone who had ambition to take on such tasks as digging pools, foundation for a house, ect. I see the digger as just another toy. Or maybe another piece of stolen property (wasn't it kind of hidden in the trees). I would like to know the reasoning behind his ambition tattoo. Lack thereof? Did his father always stress to DM he lacked it? JMO.

BKutF7jCEAMUfgh.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/TorSunphoto21/status/336552914560618496/photo/1

So someone can go and apply for a student permit and fly on the same day?

wow, glad I don't live near an airport!

:floorlaugh:

If grandfather and father took DM with them since infant then DM was able to drive "during sleep" I think.

I've also found it strange that DM dropped out of private school. It's not common for a student to drop out of private school. Perhaps he was a trouble maker and it was suggested that he drop out.

Perhaps everybody had ended to wonder at DM eating dog biscuits? Then he had lost his only fun to shock his classmates. :eek:

Perhaps everybody had ended to wonder at DM eating dog biscuits? Then he had lost his only fun to shock his classmates. :eek:

Maybe he went to another private school later? Or maybe his father hired a tutor? We only appear to have part of the story and a lot seems to be hearsay. IMO

What use is bobcat like this one? Is the bucket missing? Is this a different attachment on the front?

BKutF7jCEAMUfgh.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/TorSunphoto21/status/336552914560618496/photo/1[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about this particular make/model, but we have a landscaper friend who stores his equipment on our property. The bucket on his bobcat can come off, and he can replace it with forks to lift skids or large rocks etc. I believe there are other sized buckets as well that you can attach.

According to what I read in the link I listed it considers anti social personality disorders/mental under Expressive.
For example, anger, revenge, due to things like child abuse or drug/alcohol disorder.

Marc Lepine was apparently expressing his anger. His dad reportedly had a problem with women. He was likely raised that way and expressed it.

Vince Li, apparently was very expressive and depending on who you believe schizo and

It is an interesting research paper based on actual inmate intakes I believe.
MOO

If Vince Li was mentally ill as was apparently the case, then he doesn't fit into any of those three categories IMO. To say he was expressive is kind of a non starter if he was unwell. JMO but I do not like how everything has to be pigeonholed into categories for the purpose of textbook type reading etc. JMO/MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname