Lifetime movie- Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret

I am relieved I wasn't the only one who literally LOLed when they first showed "Wilmott." Some seriously bad wigs in this production. TR played JA as way too much like normal. I get (as someone said upthread) that playing JA with her flat affect, baby voice, and dead eyes would not make for great drama. And it would probably look like bad acting to anyone who hadn't seen the real JA in action. But she just didn't seem psycho enough. More like Snapped-ish.

Loved her executive-suite jail cell at the end. *snort*. Bigger than Travis's closet...

I wasn't gonna say anything, but I LOL'd at the movie Wilmott. I thought it was a trangendered person playing it. And the man that played JM. He looked like e felt sorry for her.

Like I said before, I think the end was just cut in last minute while the iron is hot.

I only saw the last half hour - do they show why they broke up 'officially' in June '07?

watching it now - wasn't going to but like a train wreck it's hard to turn away. thank god it's not a pro jodi show.

Oh those movie producers were really thumbing their noses at Willmott...they made her look so bad! LOL

As soon as I saw her and realized it was supposed to be JW, I LMAO! I had a hard time following some of that because I kept pictured the real JW's face when she saw what they had done to her. Her eyeballs must have about popped out of her head :floorlaugh:

Wonder why LaViolette wasn't in the movie???
And Samuels.
They didn't put in the "continuum"- what a shame-LOL.
But, the "wonky" finger was there- LOL.
Oh, and they missed the "Manifesto" and "Einstein"- darn.
And the FOGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

And, I think, they got the finger wrong. It looked like her BABY finger was bent wrong, not her ring finger.

When they showed her in court (so dramatically different from the sexpot look), was I the only one who kept thinking of the spoof where the actress in the spoof held up the wrong hand at first and then grinned and showed the "correct" hand? I kept expecting the movie version of her to spin in her chair the same way :floorlaugh:

I have to take issue with the size of her cell in the closing sequence. WTH it was bigger than my sons apartment.

Yup, that cell was HUGE! Travis's shower was too big, too. In real life, his shower was quite small.

The baptism scene was wrong, too. I don't know if some are more special than others (there probably ARE some nicer ones) but I was at a Mormon baptism about 3 years ago, and the pool used for the immersion in water was more along the lines of a strictly-utilitarian therapy tank in a locker room.

I watched the movie last night on Lifetime. While I had heard about this trial, who didn't, I really knew nothing at all about the affair, or the murder, just a snatch here and there. I came to this movie and case, with a blank board.

What I got out of the movie was hyprocracy, both of religion and TA. I kept telling Jodi to GET AWAY from him, he was no good. The movie version made me understand why she might kill him - Mr. Pefect, religious guy wasn't above getting a little nookie, despite his beliefs, then dissing her. To me, through the movie, he came out looking every bit as bad as she did, even though she did some stalking and murdered him.

Hope I didn't step on too many toes, but that is exactly what the movie said to me, and I really knew nothing about this case prior to last night.

My opinion only

I watched the movie last night on Lifetime. While I had heard about this trial, who didn't, I really knew nothing at all about the affair, or the murder, just a snatch here and there. I came to this movie and case, with a blank board.

What I got out of the movie was hyprocracy, both of religion and TA. I kept telling Jodi to GET AWAY from him, he was no good. The movie version made me understand why she might kill him - Mr. Pefect, religious guy wasn't above getting a little nookie, despite his beliefs, then dissing her. To me, through the movie, he came out looking every bit as bad as she did, even though she did some stalking and murdered him.

Hope I didn't step on too many toes, but that is exactly what the movie said to me, and I really knew nothing about this case prior to last night.

My opinion only

Well, I don't think it's wise for anyone to form an opinion based on a Lifetime movie, one that was written and rushed into production while the trial was still going. This movie was incredibly inaccurate and so many artistic liberties it almost barely resembled the true story. It also left many important things out, like Jodi's emotional manipulation by threatening to kill herself if Travis broke up with her.

My opinion only

BBM -- I know a great many guys with the 'holier than thou' attitude, and it's never once occurred to me to kill them for it.

Even though the graphic scene was quite graphic, it really gave me a sense of how it may have happened. A lot of people I know argued about how he got out of the shower and over to the sink without overpowering her, and I've tried to explain how it was such a short distance to the sink and how much he was probably in shock at that moment and this really showed that.

:seeya:
Since the killer gets no $$$$$ from it I decided to give it a look see.
I do like the movie even with the few incorrect facts .
I watched it twice now.
I think I will watch it until I get sick of watching it.
It was very well done as opposed to the not so good or well done CMA one.
:twocents::twocents::twocents:

Travis is no different than any young guy. He just had a low tolerance for someone more evil than he or anyone else ever imagined anyone would be.

I think any writer or director has to imagine how the events were perceived by her. Otherwise how can you write for that character?

Nobody knows what really was said by the two victims the day they were murdered,the writer implies what may have been done & what was possibly said.
Writers do have to improvise.Not being there to actually hear or see what they did,good writing makes a good movie...:twocents:

:seeya:
Since the killer gets no $$$$$ from it I decided to give it a look see.
I do like the movie even with the few incorrect facts .
I watched it twice now.
I think I will watch it until I get sick of watching it.
It was very well done as opposed to the not so good or well done CMA one.
:twocents::twocents::twocents:

Travis is no different than any young guy. He just had a low tolerance for someone more evil than he or anyone else ever imagined anyone would be.

NO, I respectfully disagree after only watching the movie. TA was supposed to be, or portrayed himself as someone dedicated to his religion, not even drinking the "coffee". Most normal young men don't pretend to be what they're not. What I saw, only from the movie, was hypocracy and the manipulation of a human being, cloaked in religion, in it's basest form.

Sorry, but this movie really effected me. Maybe I should read the transcripts or something, but I can read between the lines, and she, IMO, wasn't the only monster. At least, I don't believe, she lied to herself the way he was portrayed as doing.

My opinion only

As soon as I saw her and realized it was supposed to be JW, I LMAO! I had a hard time following some of that because I kept pictured the real JW's face when she saw what they had done to her. Her eyeballs must have about popped out of her head :floorlaugh:

I've only seen a few clips here and there of the movie, but I did see a scene with JW in court questioning Jodi. Of course, this is totally inaccurate because Nurmi questioned their client during the trial. I was shocked to see how Wilmott was portrayed! While I might not have liked her courtroom demeanor, JW was always well-coifed, impeccably dressed, and was definitely not sloppy and slovenly as portrayed in the film.

BBM -- I know a great many guys with the 'holier than thou' attitude, and it's never once occurred to me to kill them for it.
Even though the graphic scene was quite graphic, it really gave me a sense of how it may have happened. A lot of people I know argued about how he got out of the shower and over to the sink without overpowering her, and I've tried to explain how it was such a short distance to the sink and how much he was probably in shock at that moment and this really showed that.

BBM. I've known a few myself, but not for very long. I always figured God should deal with them. If I remember correctly, the holier than thou attitude is not sanctioned in the Bible, instead held up as an example of what NOT to do.

Sad, all the way around IMO.

NO, I respectfully disagree after only watching the movie. TA was supposed to be, or portrayed himself as someone dedicated to his religion, not even drinking the "coffee". Most normal young men don't pretend to be what they're not. What I saw, only from the movie, was hypocracy and the manipulation of a human being, cloaked in religion, in it's basest form.

Sorry, but this movie really effected me. Maybe I should read the transcripts or something, but I can read between the lines, and she, IMO, wasn't the only monster. At least, I don't believe, she lied to herself the way he was portrayed as doing.

My opinion only
BBM - That would be helpful. I don't think it is a good idea to completely base one's opinions on another person (in this case, Travis), because of how they were portrayed in movie. A TV movie no less, from the network that graced us with Liz and Dick, 'starring' Lindsay Lohan. :facepalm: For a true portrayal of Jodi, you just have to watch her numerous interviews given just after her arrest and just after her conviction, as well as her 'performance' on the stand. They all show Jodi for who she really is. A violent, convicted first degree murderer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back