Lifetime movie- Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret

I didn't watch. Travis's friends watched/ commented, that in real life they didn't see her true personality early on as it was shown in the movie. Did the ending show her convicted and sent to prison?
I think Jodie sees herself now as a martyr, a long suffering heroine or something like that. Wonder what she would have done if she hadn't been caught.

I didn't watch. Travis's friends watched/ commented, that in real life they didn't see her true personality early on as it was shown in the movie. Did the ending show her convicted and sent to prison?
I think Jodie sees herself now as a martyr, a long suffering heroine or something like that. Wonder what she would have done if she hadn't been caught.

BBM - That would be helpful. I don't think it is a good idea to completely base one's opinions on another person (in this case, Travis), because of how there were portrayed in movie. A TV movie no less, from the network that graced us with Liz and Dick, 'starring' Lindsay Lohan. :facepalm: For a true portrayal of Jodi, you just have to watch her numerous interviews given just after her arrest and just after her conviction, as well as her 'performance' on the stand. Theby all show Jodi for who she really is. A violent, convicted first degree murderer.

The word, "convicted" means not much. Many innocent people have been "convicted" and put to death, as we are now finding out, but believe me, I can see,from that movie who Jodi really was. I believe the problem you all might have with my posts, is that I can see, from this movie, who TA was also. Neither one of them were pretty, but at least she didn't hid behind religion, or pretend to be perfect.

I guess that's all I'm trying to say that I got out of this movie.

Everything about the movie, especially the incongruous shoe-horned ending, was awful. I didn't expect anything from it, but it was worse than I had anticipated.

At least they showed the convicted murderer for the worthless, psychotic instigator that she was.

Any implication that TA was somehow complicit in his murder is disgusting. I'd be curious to see if that argument would hold up had the gender roles been reversed.

Everything about the movie, especially the incongruous shoe-horned ending, was awful. I didn't expect anything from it, but it was worse than I had anticipated.

At least they showed the convicted murderer for the worthless, psychotic instigator that she was.

Any implication that TA was somehow complicit in his murder is disgusting. I'd be curious to see if that argument would hold up had the gender roles been reversed.

Why do you find a differnce of opinion "disgusting"?

BBM. My opinion is NOT "sick and wrong". You be you, and I be I, and all opinions matter. I see the hypocricy, still see it in all so-called churches. As far as I have deduced from this movie, he was a weak man, talking the talk, but not walking the walk. No, she shouldn't have killed him, but I can understand why she did, from the movie.

BBM: exactly! No movie ever portrays the real story! If you had the time, you need to research the real story. There will still be the religious hypocrisy but you will also find that Travis Alexander was a good young man and Jodi Arias was someone with a definite reality problem. TA wasn't perfect by any means and it would have been to his benefit to cut all ties earlier, but he was caught up in something that he was blindsided by and didn't understand.

He, IMO, was naive and not very worldly in the relationship department. I personally can see getting caught up in a bad relationship because "he likes me". Been there, done that. Knew it but couldn't stop. She on the other hand, well, I have no experience with someone like her but she was wrong, to put it mildly.

Please don't base your feelings just on the movie. There is the real story out there. Respectfully giving my advice and thoughts to you.

The word, "convicted" means not much. Many innocent people have been "convicted" and put to death, as we are now finding out, but believe me, I can see,from that movie who Jodi really was. I believe the problem you all might have with my posts, is that I can see, from this movie, who TA was also. Neither one of them were pretty, but at least she didn't hid behind religion, or pretend to be perfect.

What you got out of this movie is not accurate because it is just that, a movie with many liberties taken to enhance the entertainment value and generate TV ratings. I see Travis for who he was based on the testimony of friends and family that actually knew him. He wasn't perfect and I never thought he was. He didn't deserve what happened to him when she murdered him and he didn't deserve to have his name drug though the mud with complete fabrications on the part of Jodi and her defense team.

I'm also quite sure that the word convicted means a lot to Jodi right now as she deservedly rots in her cell. She admitted that she stabbed him, slit his throat from ear to ear and then she shot him. She is not innocent and is right where she belongs for the rest of her pathetic life.

BBM: exactly! No movie ever portrays the real story! If you had the time, you need to research the real story. There will still be the religious hypocrisy but you will also find that Travis Alexander was a good young man and Jodi Arias was someone with a definite reality problem. TA wasn't perfect by any means and it would have been to his benefit to cut all ties earlier, but he was caught up in something that he was blindsided by and didn't understand.

He, IMO, was naive and not very worldly in the relationship department. I personally can see getting caught up in a bad relationship because "he likes me". Been there, done that. Knew it but couldn't stop. She on the other hand, well, I have no experience with someone like her but she was wrong, to put it mildly.

Please don't base your feelings just on the movie. There is the real story out there. Respectfully giving my advice and thoughts to you.
BBM -Really! That's a bad as the person I encountered on another case, whose opinion on the workings of the law was based on watching Law and Order. :banghead: I really wish I was kidding, but I'm not. :facepalm:

BBM ... Uh.. yes, she did. In fact, that's EXACTLY what she did, and is what brought this whole relationship to a head to begin with. She hid behind Mormonism while pretending to be perfect, in order to try and snare him. Is there a reason this is so unclear?

Scott Peterson called.... He's coming to your house for dinner tonight...Jodi is his plus one . Better hide your knives, guns, and cement anchors. Bon Appetit!

:seeya:
Since the killer gets no $$$$$ from it I decided to give it a look see.
I do like the movie even with the few incorrect facts .
I watched it twice now.
I think I will watch it until I get sick of watching it.
It was very well done as opposed to the not so good or well done CMA one.
:twocents::twocents::twocents:

Travis is no different than any young guy. He just had a low tolerance for someone more evil than he or anyone else ever imagined anyone would be.

Considering what he DID put up with, I think he had a fairly HIGH tolerance for it. The average 30-yr-old guy, regardless of the religious side of their life, is going to be hard-pressed (so to speak) to turn down a veritable smorgasbord of sexual delights being not only freely, but BLATANTLY offered to him, even if he DOES think the woman is crazy. As long as she isn't constantly ranting and raving to invisible people on a regular basis, guys have a tendency to think along the lines that "crazy women are fantastic in the sack", and they'll put up with a LOT if there's some high-quality (or even LOW-quality) nookie involved.

I think JA was much more subtle in her "crazy", though. The stalking, temper tantrums, and threats of suicide were more overt, but she probably played mind games with him constantly, twisting him up every which way, but all the while pretending she had no idea what he was talking about whenever he confronted her about it, or insisting that he was blowing something minor WAAAAY out of proportion. She probably punished him even as she pampered him. Anyone who has NOT experienced that kind of constant, low-level manipulation cannot really understand what it is like. They'll push and push and push until you crack, and then try to turn it around and make it look as if YOU are the one with mental problems when they've done nothing whatsoever to warrant any kind of backlash. All the while, you can SEE that they are taking delight in twisting you up in knots. At least you THINK you see it. Is is your imagination? ARE you blowing it out of proportion? THAT is what they rely on -- making you doubt your own perceptions and intuition, thus making you doubt yourSELF at the core. Trying to explain it to other people is fruitless because what has been done to you cannot truly be conveyed in words because words only tell the story of what's visible on the surface, not what's going on underneath.

Watched it the other day. I had a laugh at the very end with the whole finger thing. Was not sure if the actress could not pull off the bending finger thing with just her ring finger or if they were going for the pinky finger the one that was hurt. They made CMJA come off way to strong way to fast. Most of the real things she did to Travis and his friends I can see how Travis may have blown them off as a she is mad let her vent. May have even made Travis second guess himself thinking she actually did things like the tire slashing. I also do not think the movie pushed how Travis believed in all that positive thinking stuff. That would also be reasons why he kept their friendship up. The movie did kind of paint Travis as a dumb guy who knew she was crazy but kept her around for sex. I do not think he was like that in real life. I think he truly thought she was okay with the whole friends with benefits relationship. Actually I think she was okay with the friends with benefits and I think she got mad that he didn't even want her for that after all the stuff she did to him.

NO, I respectfully disagree after only watching the movie. TA was supposed to be, or portrayed himself as someone dedicated to his religion, not even drinking the "coffee". Most normal young men don't pretend to be what they're not. What I saw, only from the movie, was hypocracy and the manipulation of a human being, cloaked in religion, in it's basest form.

Sorry, but this movie really effected me. Maybe I should read the transcripts or something, but I can read between the lines, and she, IMO, wasn't the only monster. At least, I don't believe, she lied to herself the way he was portrayed as doing.

My opinion only

In real life she hid behind religion ( a religion she only decided to join so she could have a chance at Travis) and loved to play perfect Jodi. She lied about what happened June 4th ( still lying about it to this day), she called the Det Flores acting all sweet and helpful. The interrogation tapes the girl is thinking about make up, standing on her head, digging through trash and singing. Flores showed her a picture of her naked self and she was trying to say it was not her.
In real life I do not think Travis tried to hide the fact that he was not perfect. He had sex before and even went to his church about it. Everyone makes mistakes, everyone takes the wrong steps. Travis made the wrong step when he thought CMJA would be a good friend with benefits kind of girl he did not see her true crazy ways until it was to late. I also need to go back and look but if I remember correctly dating around is perfectly acceptable and not looked at as cheating within the Mormon faith. (please correct me if I'm wrong.)

The movie is not a good stepping point to form an opinion about Travis or even CMJA.

I think the funniest casting was Det. Flores. I mean could he please pick an accent and stick with it. Was he trying to be Italian or Mexican?

That is actually how he speaks.
At least on the shows Dexter, The Following, the movies I have seen him in...he has a slight accent, and he also has...I don't want to say lisp, but kind of a funny quirk to how he talks.
SO anyway, not really taking on an accent to play the role (and he is Puerto Rican btw).

And I am a fan of his, but I think it is more the roles he plays than actually HIM...LOVE him on Dexter!

ok. Call me crazy. I LOVED the movie. Let me tell you why. I finally got to see it last night on a laptop in a motel. You guys had me worried! I felt the sleaze coming off of the actress...playing CMJA. The sneakiness, the reverse-psychology, the manipulation, the pushing, then pulling- away "game". Then the "I'm playing for keeps" throw down. The whole blatant "Bimbo Geisha *advertiser censored*" shtick she tried to pass off. All of it.

I think Travis was vindicated in tv land. Seriously. I know that is small comfort for his family, but I'm sure this show will be repeated on many channels for a long, long time. And the world will understand the true clear picture. My hubby who was only hearing the movie, not watching, kept asking "did SHE just say that"? He recognized her b.s. This situation had NOTHING to do with religion!

Maybe it was just me.

A few pages back (6 days ago) I wrote that we were on a road trip from Redding CA to Yreka CA. We ran across the Purple Plum at dinner time and ate there. I took pictures of the place. Magically, 6 hours later me and DH were throwing up and had diarrhea for the next 30 hours. Threw our trip schedule off (badly) and totally. Instant stomach flu? Food Poisoning? Bad juju? Don't know. I know it left a lasting impression of an accidental "The JA Trip". (One time for my birthday, he took me to the Carey Stayner Hotel on accident). Not good.

I always knew in my heart of hearts she was/is bad news. This trip made it real for me.

I feel so bad for everyone who knew Travis, and what a good guy energy he could have brought to the world for many, many years. She deserves to rot, wherever she ends up. stupid ***ch.

That is actually how he speaks.
At least on the shows Dexter, The Following, the movies I have seen him in...he has a slight accent, and he also has...I don't want to say lisp, but kind of a funny quirk to how he talks.
SO anyway, not really taking on an accent to play the role (and he is Puerto Rican btw).

And I am a fan of his, but I think it is more the roles he plays than actually HIM...LOVE him on Dexter!

In the Dexter book series by Jeff Lindsay, Angel Bautista always introduces himself as Angel "no relation" Bautista. Dexter observes that no one ever asks if he's related to anyone and Bautista never indicates who the "relation" might be.

I watched the movie last night on Lifetime. While I had heard about this trial, who didn't, I really knew nothing at all about the affair, or the murder, just a snatch here and there. I came to this movie and case, with a blank board.

What I got out of the movie was hyprocracy, both of religion and TA. I kept telling Jodi to GET AWAY from him, he was no good. The movie version made me understand why she might kill him - Mr. Pefect, religious guy wasn't above getting a little nookie, despite his beliefs, then dissing her. To me, through the movie, he came out looking every bit as bad as she did, even though she did some stalking and murdered him.

Hope I didn't step on too many toes, but that is exactly what the movie said to me, and I really knew nothing about this case prior to last night.

My opinion only

BBM

WOW! I find that outrageous and unenlightened. Even IF TA had put himself out there as mr. perfect religious guy who wasn't (which he didn't btw), that's no justification for anyone to kill him. There wouldn't be too many men left on the planet if women killed every man who ever "dissed" them. LOL

Then you breezily mention her stalking him as though that criminal behavior was no big deal?!

I suspect if the roles were reversed your opinion would be quite different. :floorlaugh:

IMO the worst casting in this movie was the one for Juan Martinez. Talk about milktoast actor they had playing him. None of the fire, passion, intolerance for liars, basically the only thing resembling Juan Martinez in that actor were some of the words he used. I give that casting an F-.

Considering what he DID put up with, I think he had a fairly HIGH tolerance for it. The average 30-yr-old guy, regardless of the religious side of their life, is going to be hard-pressed (so to speak) to turn down a veritable smorgasbord of sexual delights being not only freely, but BLATANTLY offered to him, even if he DOES think the woman is crazy. As long as she isn't constantly ranting and raving to invisible people on a regular basis, guys have a tendency to think along the lines that "crazy women are fantastic in the sack", and they'll put up with a LOT if there's some high-quality (or even LOW-quality) nookie involved.

I think JA was much more subtle in her "crazy", though. The stalking, temper tantrums, and threats of suicide were more overt, but she probably played mind games with him constantly, twisting him up every which way, but all the while pretending she had no idea what he was talking about whenever he confronted her about it, or insisting that he was blowing something minor WAAAAY out of proportion. She probably punished him even as she pampered him. Anyone who has NOT experienced that kind of constant, low-level manipulation cannot really understand what it is like. They'll push and push and push until you crack, and then try to turn it around and make it look as if YOU are the one with mental problems when they've done nothing whatsoever to warrant any kind of backlash. All the while, you can SEE that they are taking delight in twisting you up in knots. At least you THINK you see it. Is is your imagination? ARE you blowing it out of proportion? THAT is what they rely on -- making you doubt your own perceptions and intuition, thus making you doubt yourSELF at the core. Trying to explain it to other people is fruitless because what has been done to you cannot truly be conveyed in words because words only tell the story of what's visible on the surface, not what's going on underneath.

I could not have explained it any better. That is how psychopaths operate and I am certain that is what happened with Travis. I have no doubt that Travis would find himself feeling guilty for jumping to conclusions with Jodi or going to hard on her for her behavior. Her sweet demeanor and master manipulation would make him question himself and if he's blowing things out of proportion. Even in that final month, where he was done with her and seeing everything clearly and obviously afraid of her, he still found it in his heart to let her in one last time. How bad could she really be? She's just a fool in love, right? Have a heart, Travis, but let her down easy. I am also pretty sure that on June 4th, Jodi had given the impression that she was moving on. She was going to see Ryan Burns and she was finally done with it all. She probably had that check on her too. The sexual encounter was, in my mind, painted as a one last time for old time's sake, before we move on to other people and never see each other again. Let's do the kinky things we never got to do before, like take pictures and make a video.

One of Travis' friends said he felt really bad for Travis once he opened up to him about Jodi. He said he was absolutely tormented. She made his life a hell. She made it impossible for him to move on. Not only to other women, but from her sex. Yes, Travis accepted her propositions time and again, but she would continuously and manipulatively put them in situations where she knew it would be damn near impossible to resist, where they were alone and things could get hot. She would leave things at his house so she'd have to come back later for it.

Yes what I mean is that there are some people so EVIl that good people really do not see it until it is too late.
I do know a few such people.
At first they are so nice then BOOM!
If you do not do what they want or change your plans all H breaks loose.
For example i know someone who just to prove they were the POWERFUL one, had a scheduled daughter's wedding shower the same exact day as a nephew had a big birthday party planned and would not BUDGE by changing the shower date. Family members had to decide which one to go to.
Well guess who won???:banghead:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.