MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
This case is starting to frustrate me. Rehashing whether the perp went in the front door or out the back door or this or that seems to be pointless. Tracking down the van, comparing the sketch to driver's license photos or RSOs, and getting the word and sketch out to a broader audience seems to be the way to crack this case to me. I wonder if the LE comes in everday to work racking his brain on how to solve the case or are they sitting back waiting for a tip? Have they tracked down the dark SUV that was seen in front of the van? Maybe they have otherwise you would think LE would put the word out for the person to come forward.

I get where you are coming from. But respectfully ... That's what we do here...sort out and rehash details, minute though they may be, in the hopes of keeping this thread alive...in the hopes of coming across some detail that would help...just, basically, doing our best.

Moo and all that jazz

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Sigh. I feel like Roscoe P. Coltrane is handling this case.

Bump for Jessica.

Sigh. I feel like Roscoe P. Coltrane is handling this case.

Bump for Jessica.

"Shepard to Bo Peep! Shepard to Bo Peep"!

My name is ROS-COE-P-COLE-TRAIN!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :blush: Bo Duke :blush: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

("Just the good ol boys...
never meanin no harm....")

Well...here's some more rehashing:

First of all, I hope the television station that hired the investigator will share any information she has uncovered that can be divulged to the public.

Also, I was wondering whether LE has gone to car dealerships to have them pull purchase records (including the paperwork filled-out for credit approval to purchase a vehicle) of the suspected type and year of vehicle the abductor supposedly drove. Such records should potentially provide valuable information including driver’s license numbers, references, addresses, phone numbers, employers, etc. It seems to me that it was discussed a week or so ago on WS that LE had narrowed the year of the minivan down to 2005?

I’m not sure if auto rental companies rent out cars that are older, ie eight or so years old. If so, those type companies should be checked out, too.

But, I’m not Norton Shores LE, so I can only hope they are doing everything within their power to try to locate Jessica!

Since we haven't seen a profile released by the FBI or local MI LE, yet, I thought I would come up with my own profile of the abductor.

So here goes:

I could be totally off, but I think the abductor lives in MI and not overly far from Norton Shores (let’s say within 250 miles, but probably much closer). I think he had been to the Exxon station before and planned this abduction. I think Jessica and the abductor may have exchanged small talk but I don’t think they knew each other well. I think the abductor is single and tends to stay to himself. I don’t think he’s as old as the suspect description; yet, I don’t think this is his first go-round. Having said that…other go-rounds may have been failed attempts to abduct someone. I think he has probably been on the radar screen of close relatives for a long time as having some kind of psychological disorder, being sexually deviant and/or volatile, maybe with a substance abuse issue for some time. I think he is medium income or below, possibly unemployed. I think he has a poor self-image and feels powerless without abducting someone wherein he gains control over a victim. All this if he is not part of an organization or hired by an organization that wanted to silence Jessica because she had information that could lead to the arrest and conviction of certain individuals involved in nefarious activities.

I realize this profile could apply to many of the perps on WS threads but it's hard to pinpoint with so little info to go on.

Any other WSers care to profile Jessica's abductor?

All Just My Opinion

Sorry guys; You're right no one would have been there to relieve Jessica. I was thinking along the lines of a station that was open 24-7. (comparing to my husband's old job) But also (IIRC) they stated that the closing times were wrong on the website and that the station was actually open until 11:30pm. Because of the time the 911 call was made (wasn't it almost 11:00?) Gosh, that was 4 threads ago at least.

I suppose that's technically true, so maybe I should have said "abductor." Still, it's a little difficult to be optimistic after two months.

I agree that after two months it's hard to remain optimistic about Jessica returning home to her little boy. Still, many folks read Websleuths even if they're not members, so it's important to be as accurate as possible in making statements and/or provide appropriate media links.

If she was abducted, as it appears, and her blood was at the scene, I think the idea that she may not be alive two months later is not exactly out of left field.

If she was abducted, as it appears, and her blood was at the scene, I think the idea that she may not be alive two months later is not exactly out of left field.

that's very true, but mention of "her killer" is a pretty specific thought.
Probably just a misconception.

I really don't believe this is some sophisticated scheme to make money. Let me just say without sounding rude to the family, hopefully..... I don't see anyone in this family having what it takes to plan and execute something like this that LE would not catch onto in 5 minutes.

Same goes for the folks running the FB site ;)

Maybe they all have allergies - LOL!

I found three interesting articles regarding missing blond hair females.

The first article has details concerning six blonde hair females that disappeared during the month of April.

http://www.billwarnerpi.com/2013/05/six-petite-blonde-look-likes-have-gone.html

The second article mentions a common denominator among the missing females involving the use of social media.

http://www.billwarnerpi.com/2013/06/private-eye-kayla-sharrows-view-on.html

The last article will scare the beejeebers out of everyone. :scared:

It mentions the possibility of a predator stalking petite blonde females by using Geo-tagging info from the photos of the missing females posted on social media sites.

http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/2...-kidnapped-were-they-geo-tracked-on-facebook/

This is a theory I consider and believe is possible and linked Warner's site within the first few days of J's disappearance. For some reason, his theory never seems to garner a lot of attention.

The possibility that a perp can use social media sites to locate future victims, learn their habits and possibly figure out their whereabouts is especially concerning to me. The perp could do this on a plan ahead basis knowing he'll be travelling to the victim's area soon.

Sorry that you're not well yet, Woe. It's been a rough allergy/asthma season for me. I coughed for about 6 weeks straight :eek:

Get to feeling better Woe! :)

Thank you for your well wishes. I'm feeling better now but that was rough. I've had sinus issues before but nothing like what I just experienced - something invaded my head - yikes!

http://investigation.discovery.com/missing-persons/jessica-heeringa.htm

Did Jessica have a former fiance?
In the article above, point number two is that Jessica's current fiance has been cleared. Also mentioned is a former boyfriend being cleared. Why say "current" fiance then?

Who was Jessica involved with when she got pregnant with her son? Were relationship lines blurred at that time? Just trying to think if there could be an unstable person from her past who held a grudge against her or something. Like someone who believes he loved her more than she loved him and she moved on but he never did.

I wish I could ask LE some questions. If I could, they might be:

1) How convinced are you that the blood droplet has anything to do with Jessica's disappearance? (When I worked retail, I'm sure the place was crawling with my dna. Employees have to use box cutters to break down cardboard, and probably do so often while outside having a smoke, since they would then walk the cardboard over to the dumpster. Just one possible explanation.)

2) Would you still call the POI sketch a 10?

3) Have you considered, and investigated, the possibility that the black vehicle seen near the van on video has something to do with it?

4). Over two months out, are you still contending that searches would be detrimental to the investigation? How so?

5) Is the FBI profile complete and if so, when will you release it to the public so we can be of some help in finding the suspect?

Those are just a few things that have been eating away at me. Anyone care to add anything? Is it possible to compile a reasonable list of questions for LE and post it publicly so they might be inclined to respond?

1) How convinced are you that the blood droplet has anything to do with Jessica's disappearance? (When I worked retail, I'm sure the place was crawling with my dna. Employees have to use box cutters to break down cardboard, and probably do so often while outside having a smoke, since they would then walk the cardboard over to the dumpster. Just one possible explanation.)

3) Have you considered, and investigated, the possibility that the black vehicle seen near the van on video has something to do with it?

4). Over two months out, are you still contending that searches would be detrimental to the investigation? How so?

5) Is the FBI profile complete and if so, when will you release it to the public so we can be of some help in finding the suspect?

Those are just a few things that have been eating away at me. Anyone care to add anything? Is it possible to compile a reasonable list of questions for LE and post it publicly so they might be inclined to respond?

I'd really like to see all of those questions answered as well.

If I had to pick just one question to ask, I'd be torn between asking #2 and #4.

Great questions!!!

Maybe they all have allergies - LOL!

This is a theory I consider and believe is possible and linked Warner's site within the first few days of J's disappearance. For some reason, his theory never seems to garner a lot of attention.

The possibility that a perp can use social media sites to locate future victims, learn their habits and possibly figure out their whereabouts is especially concerning to me. The perp could do this on a plan ahead basis knowing he'll be travelling to the victim's area soon.

can geo-tracking be used if you aren't posting your own location? I mean, can a savvy internet tech type get info about your photos that you don't even know is there? If your content is all set to private on FB, they can't get in and see your stuff anyway, right? Were these girls posting publicly?

I did find this: http://hothardware.com/News/Facebook-Gets-Creepier-Developing-Friend-GeoTracker-Mobile-App/

can geo-tracking be used if you aren't posting your own location? I mean, can a savvy internet tech type get info about your photos that you don't even know is there? If your content is all set to private on FB, they can't get in and see your stuff anyway, right? Were these girls posting publicly?

I did find this: http://hothardware.com/News/Facebook-Gets-Creepier-Developing-Friend-GeoTracker-Mobile-App/

In wish I knew the answer to your questions. Not long ago I saw a woman on one of the morning shows on television explaining that you have to turn something off on a smart phone before taking pictures or you can lead a bad guy directly to your current location. I suppose that's in combination of posting the pics elsewhere as well like fb, twitter and instagram. Are those all the places one can send/post pics? I heard someone else say to make sure privacy settings are triple checked. Man, gives me a headache (I don't have all these involvements but know young people who do).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth