George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many lies put out there by the media. DeeDee was supposed to be a 16yo so traumatized she had to be hospitalized and could not attend the funeral or the 'awakening' - none of it true. She let TM's mother think she was 16 because she didn't want to face her. What is this being in a closet thing while talking on the phone with the attorney? This chick is nuts and I don't believe anything she said. Why the constant back and forth phone calls just talking about nothing but buying skittles and rain? Sounds more like some kind of hang up/call back/hang up/call back. Hundreds and hundreds of texts which she said were not all hers. Is it possible to anyone here that this 19yo high-school-senior-this-fall was pursuing TM? If they were such close friends since kindergarten how come the mother and father didn't know her? IMO her story is big time shady!

And if it were your son dead under that tarp?
Died after a simple walk to the store...

I'd probably feel differently and don't blame Trayvon's parents one bit if they do either. The pain on his mom's face is gut wrenching. It's very sad what happened to him. He was just on his way home with his snacks to watch the NBA all-star game. It's tragic.

If they stopped bleeding on their own, why were there blood trails all around his head in the pictures at the police station, after (and even you acknowledge) the EMTs cleaned him up?

The medics would have cleaned and dressed (but did they dress???) the wounds, not GZ. The blood trails are left for RN's to clean up in the ER. Medics focus on what needs to be done to assess and protect from further damage and then they transport. They do much more depending on what they're presented with but they would have done this in this case. Their patient was conscious and alert and refusing transport.

The medics would have cleaned and dressed (but did they dress???) the wounds, not GZ. The blood trails are left for RN's to clean up in the ER. Medics focus on what needs to be done to assess and protect from further damage and then they transport.

No the medics did not put any bandages of any kind on Zimmerman after they checked him out. The police station video and photos show that there are no bandages of any kind on Zimmerman the night of the shooting.

I don't see how the severity of his injuries is that important. The only thing that does is show that he was being attacked. How injured does a person have to be (I'm asking in legal terms) to be in fear of their lives? I've heard of many cases where someone was threatened and shot and killed the aggressor and didn't have a scratch. They were not charged with murder.

Well, remember, he's not just charged with murder but with manslaughter as a lesser charge. Does that make a difference? (I don't know)

ok i truly don't understand how ppl can say this is TM's fault - all he did was walk to the 711 for candy and walk home and it was GZ that followed him, and even by listening to GZ call - GZ said he was running away - in his mind away, in truth running to his house and GZ took out after him - i just don't know how that is a seventeen year old boys fault???

and if you listen to all this witnesses statements from day 1 she never waivered was that TM thought he lost him, the TM says why are you following me, GZ says what are you doing here, and TM say get off of me get off of me - but even if you do not believe her - i still don't know how TM running away helped cause this
Except that is not true. Elements have been added since she first gave her version of events:

"He said this man was watching him, so he put his hoodie on. He said he lost the man," Martin's friend said. "I asked Trayvon to run, and he said he was going to walk fast. I told him to run, but he said he was not going to run."

Eventually, he would run, said the girl, thinking that he'd managed to escape. But suddenly the strange man was back, cornering Martin.

"Trayvon said, 'What are you following me for,' and the man said, 'What are you doing here.' Next thing I hear is somebody pushing, and somebody pushed Trayvon because the head set just fell. I called him again, and he didn't answer the phone."​
http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-ma...-crucial-phone/story?id=15959017#.UcucED7EqgQ

Absolutely nothing about the "Get off, get off" dialogue.

If Zimmerman's claims can be held to such level of scrutiny, so can hers.

But those injury photos are misleading, IMO. Zimmerman did not require any bandages, suture tape, butterfly bandage or sutures the night of the shooting. The bleeding had stopped before he even arrived at the police station. I see no serious injuries that prove Zimmerman's claims of a broken nose or having his head banged on a concrete sidewalk repeatedly.

MOO

Head wounds bleed, a lot. It was barely a scratch. His clothes were spotless. The mark on his nose would best be described as a nic like from shaving. No way was his nose broken.

All IMO.

I don't see how the severity of his injuries is that important. The only thing that does is show that he was being attacked. How injured does a person have to be (I'm asking in legal terms) to be in fear of their lives? I've heard of many cases where someone was threatened and shot and killed the aggressor and didn't have a scratch. They were not charged with murder.

but what if the witness is telling the truth when she said TM last words were get off of me get off of me, and george was grabbing his collar or jacket - and TM didn't know who he was, just knew he was chasing him, do you think TM is still guilty of assault??

But you were rolling in the grass together. Not miles apart, over a cell phone. The truth is that when just one sense is in play, its accuracy diminishes. IMO, there is no way the witness can accurately identify the "sound of grass" over a cell phone. And, IMO, the state trying to pass this off as evidence shows how little evidence they have to support the charges they have brought against GZ.

Just butting in (sorry,lol) but the one thing I think I remember is she has always described hearing the "grass." That has never changed. IMO

Well, remember, he's not just charged with murder but with manslaughter as a lesser charge. Does that make a difference? (I don't know)
He is charged with second degree murder.

Given the history ,and I don't care how long ago it was ,there is no double standard.Especially not an "outrageous" one.Come on,nobody is really offended by "white cracker".And he also called him "" and he's a kid so who cares?

Well I guess my name is nobody because I find ethnic slurs offensive. And I seriously doubt I am alone in that regard. Considering that GZ claims TM attacked him first, the tables are now turned regarding motivation. JMO, MOO, OMO.

Under Florida Law, George only has to be in reasonable fear for his life.

ok i truly don't understand how ppl can say this is TM's fault - all he did was walk to the 711 for candy and walk home and it was GZ that followed him, and even by listening to GZ call - GZ said he was running away - in his mind away, in truth running to his house and GZ took out after him - i just don't know how that is a seventeen year old boys fault???

and if you listen to all this witnesses statements from day 1 she never waivered was that TM thought he lost him, the TM says why are you following me, GZ says what are you doing here, and TM say get off of me get off of me - but even if you do not believe her - i still don't know how TM running away helped cause this

Good points, all.

Guess it depends where you teach.

I've been to schools where a few of the English teachers talk just like this witness.

It has nothing to do with standards and everything to do with reality.

Linda - I am an English teacher. If you are not exaggerating, all I can say is Lord help us!!!

No the medics did not put any bandages of any kind on Zimmerman after they checked him out. The police station video and photos show that there are no bandages of any kind on Zimmerman the night of the shooting.

Do you know if the PA he saw the following day put on a dressing? If the medics had thought he needed stitches they'd have used butterfly bandages.
FA13.gif

Well I guess my name is nobody because I find ethnic slurs offensive. And I seriously doubt I am alone in that regard. Considering that GZ claims TM attacked him first, the tables are now turned regarding motivation. JMO, MOO, OMO.

Thank you! I didn't even know how to respond to that post. If someone referred to me as a cracker I would be speechless!

punching someone and breaking their nose and pounding their head against a sidewalk is a crime and it is illegal.

Trayvon Martin's actions that night are the solid reason he is dead.

If he would not have done what he did to George, George would not have had to use legal force to save his life.

JMO.

If you think the only motivation is racism, which I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff