George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
West is letting Rachel convince this jury that GZ was racially profiling TM.

By baiting I meant asking her to repeat things that are fairly easy to understand.

Does anyone know what happened yesterday when the defense atty asked the judge for a speaking objection (I think that is what it was) and the judge said you can't object to your own question.

Then I think they approached the bench.

I was multi-tasking and only catching bits and pieces. What was the upshot of that, if anyone knows?

TIA

By baiting I meant asking her to repeat things that are fairly easy to understand.

I think that is a fairly common cross examination style. Having a witness repeat answers that you find significant.

Crack me up. Lawyer asks her why her demeanor is different today... Bam... Attitude is back. :)

She is very genuine and believable IMO

What was the name of the garbage man from the Casey Anthony case? WAs it Crump or something similar?

I really wish West would quit badgering her, :(

I really feel sorry for her, she sounds so sad.

Sent from my LG Spirit using Tapatalk 2

Does anyone know what happened yesterday when the defense atty asked the judge for a speaking objection (I think that is what it was) and the judge said you can't object to your own question.

Then I think they approached the bench.

I was multi-tasking and only catching bits and pieces. What was the upshot of that, if anyone knows?

TIA

He then corrected it and said he had a speaking objection to the objection that the State had. IIRC

Crack me up. Lawyer asks her why her demeanor is different today... Bam... Attitude is back. :)

She is very genuine and believable IMO

She's been caught lying under oath and she's been caught in a bunch of lies already.

I don't see any badgering going on here? I see a witness that doesn't want to be here.

I find her completely credible. At the beginning she told a couple of lies about herself in order to avoid involvement, but once she realized she had no alternative she told the truth as she believed it. IMO

IMO, I would be annoyed by DW, too. I think I would have exclaimed, "WHAT?" when he said it would take at least two more hours to cross. He repeats the same question over and over and over again...even after the questions have been asked and answered.

He's not badgering her in any way.

I don't feel sorry for someone who is lying their butt off on the stand and has be caught lying under oath.

JMO

IMO, the defense started intimidation tactics from the moment she stepped onto the stand, ala "I can't see her," constant interruptions, etc. Granted, she is not easy to understand, but from the get-go, they intended to rattle her. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288