George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it was appropriate to have TM's family at that interview. RJ did need to have an attorney present, IMO.

I don't either which is why I can't wait until they have to take the stand and have either MOM or West cross examine them.

I have a TON of questions that I would like for them to answer.

IMO, I totally believe they used Rachel.

JMO

No, I don't think they were self-inflicted nor do I think they were sustained in the way which GZ claims. IMO most likely the small scratches on the back of his head were from either hiding in or falling into shrubs and his nose injury a result of running into something, i.e. a tree in the dark. The definitive evidence for me is that TM's body shows no sign of a fight, only a gunshot to the heart. Had he struck GZ repeatedly, as GZ claims, there would be evidence on his hands of such. There is not. A picture of one's injuries does not show how they were sustained. IMO they don't even match GZ's description of what happened.

They could have been inflicted during an alien abduction, but that is even less likely.

Your speculation, if true, means that Mr. Good just perjured himself and obstructed justice when he lied to police about TM "raining down blows" on GZ in a "ground and pound" posture.

I found Mr. Good to be among the most credible witnesses at trial to date.

Let's see what the jury thinks.

His flashlight was off. He was calm and collected. He had re-holstered his gun. He said, "call my wife.". He calmly recited his wife's phone number. He abruptly interrupted Manalo to say: "Just tell her I shot someone."

No remorse. This testimony is very compelling. Perhaps subtly. The jurors will get it. IMO.

ETA: he asked Manalo, "am I bleeding?" Not anything about the kid he just shot, like: "do you think the kid is dead?"

Oh, so if a young person is pounding you into the concrete, you are saying you would just die for them, I mean, seeing as how they are young an young people never hurt anyone?

Go easy with this pounding detail. He seemed pretty alert seconds after being pounded into concrete.

Yep, saw the photos. Not much damage to them, how much would occur if TM was bashing GZ's head into the concrete? I'm not certain the broken nose came from TM, maybe the gun kicked back. MOO

Rolling around on the ground or sidewalk in a scuffle is likely to cause similiar injuries. When people are scuffeling around on the ground their primary purpose is NOT focused on avoiding injury.

I am a white person from Texas & it would not be offensive to me to be called a honkey or a cracker by a black person. Neither would being called gringo by a Hispanic. Matter of fact I have been called those names by friends of those cultures. Those words are a part of their culture & I just choose not to take offense. On the other hand some people, but not all, of those cultures take offense when whites use certain racial terms.

I am a white person and live in TX. I am not offended by those words. I have not heard "honkey" in years!

You really think he was going to be murdered?

The Defense stated that TM told GZ that he was "going to die" that night.

Based on the photographic evidence of GZ's wounds, if he hadn't been stopped, TM may have been able to make good on the threat.

His flashlight was off. He was calm and collected. He had re-holstered his gun. He said, "call my wife.". He calmly recited his wife's phone number. He abruptly interrupted Manalo to say: "Just tell her I shot someone."

No remorse. This testimony is very compelling. Perhaps subtly. The jurors will get it.

You, nor I nor anybody else here can say weather or not George has remorse or not.

I have never had to kill someone and I hope you have not had to either.

JMO

Speculating here...what would have happened if GZ let TM continue smashing his head on the ground? What would have happened if TM found GZ's gun first.
If the tables were turned and GZ was the victim, would you feel the same as you do now?

If the circumstances were exactly reversed, I'd want TM to pay just as much as I now want GZ to pay. All lives are of value to me.:seeya:

If the state does not have more evidence against GZ, I'd recommend he not testify at this point.

We haven't heard the rest of the witnesses yet, nor have we heard the defense.

I am a white person and live in TX. I am not offended by those words. I have not heard "honkey" in years!
Because you are not offended by these words, do that mean it's not a generally offensive term?

You just had a witness that says TM was on top of GZ, on the concrete at one point, MMA style.

Yes, I am aware of that. However, other witnesses say other things. I don't believe we know whether or not TM had training in MMA, but as I recall, GZ did. Since I don't have time to find that to cite it, it's IMO. This witness said he witnessed the altercation for ten seconds. He certainly saw a lot in that ten seconds. Maybe too much. IMO

Speculating here...what would have happened if GZ let TM continue smashing his head on the ground? What would have happened if TM found GZ's gun first.
If the tables were turned and GZ was the victim, would you feel the same as you do now?

IMO, GZ was the victim here. Fortunately, it looks like he will be exonerated.

I am coming in late today, and not sure if this has been addressed yet or asked yet (not read through thread for today).

The *BBM* caught my eye yesterday.
Seems like it should/could be important.
Does anyone know if GZ was actually seeing a Psychologist?
I have always wondered if they had done any evaluations of him.
I would think if he was seeing one it could really factor in to this case.

I do not know if the Doctor who advised him meant "His Psychologist" or "A Psychologist" though.

A note was made for referral for Psychological counseling evaluation.

If the circumstances were exactly reversed, I'd want TM to pay just as much as I now want GZ to pay. All lives are of value to me.:seeya:

Whoa wait a second. So in your mind it doesn't matter who started the fight circumstances, etc., if someone winds up dead, it's the other persons fault?

West drives me nuts with that dang glass of water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752