GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for correcting me! I definitely want to know if I'm making an assumption based on faulty information.

Because of the dearth of people talking, I still think the police haven't made all of their arrests. I posted my suspicions days ago about how things were going to happen after the funeral, but that got deleted for some unknown reason. I think because this is high-profile they are concerned about the mother's safety.

You know what? I think I remember the conversation. It may have been KMouse who mentioned that she believed there wouldn't be an ARREST of mom until CPS finished their assessment. Not the reverse--that the kids wouldn't be removed by CPS until the police were done. I think.

The police want those kids safe too--they wouldn't stop them. They'd probably help them.

The remaining kids should have been removed from the home the night of the 21st or morning of the 22nd. The mother engaged in grossly negligent behavior - multiple times, over the course of several hours. Her behavior put all three children in grave danger & could have gotten them all killed. It is insane to think that she still has custody of two very young, vulnerable children.

Then, again, look at Maine & the Ayla Reynolds case. The police have evidence that someone in Ayla's home is responsible for her death, yet nobody has been arrested and two other young children remain in the home (Ayla's cousin & Ayla's father's girlfriend's son) -- 18 months after Ayla's "disappearance." The two young kids are, literally, living with an alleged killer(s) & accomplices &/or people who are covering up Ayla's death.

Mind boggling. So sickening. Where is justice? Where is common sense?

Sadly, there often seems to be a lot of politics and PR surrounding removal of children. On the one hand, there are the "get those kids out of there" folks; on the other hand, there are the "how dare you torture this poor mother more!" folks. So there's added pressure for everyone to dot their i's and cross their t's. It does not help matters, IMO, that there's already public criticism of the way LE handled their end of things in the first hours after Charish was (finally) reported missing...so more i dotting, more t crossing on down the road.

As I said before, I get consolation in knowing that there are more eyes watching those kids right now than ever before. But they most definitely need to be outta there before the public interest bloom fades from the rose.

Sadly, there often seems to be a lot of politics and PR surrounding removal of children. On the one hand, there are the "get those kids out of there" folks; on the other hand, there are the "how dare you torture this poor mother more!" folks. So there's added pressure for everyone to dot their i's and cross their t's. It does not help matters, IMO, that there's already public criticism of the way LE handled their end of things in the first hours after Charish was (finally) reported missing...so more i dotting, more t crossing on down the road.

As I said before, I get consolation in knowing that there are more eyes watching those kids right now than ever before. But they most definitely need to be outta there before the public interest bloom fades from the rose.

Well said, Mouse.

Someone here said that CPS can't step in until the police have finished their investigation. I think the absence of any witnesses, neighbors, friends, father, employees of Walmart, speaking to the media about what they saw tells me that the police are getting their ducks lined up in a very straight row as we speak.

Just my opinion from what I don't see.

In AZ Jerice Hunter's other children were removed from her care while she was being investigated for the murder of her daughter, Jhessye Shockley. The child she was pregnant with was removed from her custody at birth as well.

CPS can act before investigation is done. IME

If anyone surrounding a missing child case was acting intoxicated/high/tripping/etc., would police request that they submit to a drug test? Does that happen? Just curious, from some stuff I've read online re people who witnessed the mom's behavior during the Walmart shopping trip. Is it possible police KNOW whether or not mom was on anything that night?

If anyone surrounding a missing child case was acting intoxicated/high/tripping/etc., would police request that they submit to a drug test? Does that happen? Just curious, from some stuff I've read online re people who witnessed the mom's behavior during the Walmart shopping trip. Is it possible police KNOW whether or not mom was on anything that night?

my experience with fl dcf had nothing to do with missing kids (thank god!) but i was asked to do a drug test, atty said i didn't HAVE to bc a judge hadn't ordered it, but i had nothing to hide, so did. so... who knows.

my experience with fl dcf had nothing to do with missing kids (thank god!) but i was asked to do a drug test, atty said i didn't HAVE to bc a judge hadn't ordered it, but i had nothing to hide, so did. so... who knows.

Agree they would have needed a court order to drug test her..... I very much doubt they asked or she offered. But the recollections of LE that night on how she seemed when they interviewed her will be enlightening.

In AZ Jerice Hunter's other children were removed from her care while she was being investigated for the murder of her daughter, Jhessye Shockley. The child she was pregnant with was removed from her custody at birth as well.

CPS can act before investigation is done. IME

We recently had a case in MN where a baby was accidentally left to die in a hot car by her father... other children swiftly removed, put in foster care, and dad has been charged with manslaughter. http://www.startribune.com/local/212052831.html

All I can hope in the Perrywinkle case is that they are trying to put their ducks in a row, but I agree that it is frustrating and bizarre to me that those 2 little girls --who could have been kidnapped/murdered too but I guess they were not in Smith's preferred age group---are still in the household.

We recently had a case in MN where a baby was accidentally left to die in a hot car by her father... other children swiftly removed, put in foster care, and dad has been charged with manslaughter. http://www.startribune.com/local/212052831.html
My sister lives a few blocks from where this happened. To clarify, the children weren't removed from the home just because the father left the baby in the car. The police found that the apartment was not safe for the surviving children, with no working toilets and filth and trash all over. The court later found that the parents were not able to care for the children properly because of a "physical, emotional, or mental disability".*

Also, for what it's worth the mother called the dad several (2+?) times from work that day and he assured her each time that all six children were in the house and fine.

*The father was also hit by a train while riding his bike in 2004 or so, but his family says that he didn't sustain brain damage in the accident so presumably that didn't contribute to any disability that prevented him from caring for his children.

Honestly, I generally have immense sympathy for parents who do this, but I had a funny feeling about this particular case.

I don't think so. Police cannot force you to take a drug test unless you are in a car accident, stopped for suspicion of OWI, etc. And even then the law changes from state to state. A judge can order you to submit, though.

How sad that someone can neglect a child to the point that an obviously creepy person can gain access to the child and kill them. Then the negligent parent milks the tragedy of their crappy parenting to reap financial benefits, when it seems that the reason the parent(s) has nothing in the first place, is because of a drug issue. And soon they will have nothing again because everything that was donated from the goodness of people's hearts disappear just as quickly.

I only hope that police and cps will intervene quickly. My opinion only and this applies to all parents everywhere who fit this description.

I do not know if this has been posted already....if so, please forgive....
http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...-strangers-gather-funeral-cherish-perrywinkle

The Rev. Steve Dobbs, senior pastor at Paxon Revival Center Church, has four children. All daughters. So he had barely started talking about the 8-year-old girl in the little lavender casket in front of him when his voice began to rise in volume, increase in cadence and then crack.

“I’m hurting,” he said. “I’m pastor, but I’m hurting.”

His task was to deliver a eulogy for Cherish Lily Perrywinkle. And while he was speaking to the hundreds of people in the church’s auditorium, a massive room full of all kinds of modern technology, in some ways this was an old-fashioned revival, the kind his father used to give decades ago when the church’s home was a big tent.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...her-funeral-cherish-perrywinkle#ixzz2XegMvvGF

The Rev. Steve Dobbs, senior pastor at Paxon Revival Center Church,

The Rev. stated that a neighbor brought Cherish a few times a month to God's Garage, the children's program.

I do not know if this has been posted already....if so, please forgive....
http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...-strangers-gather-funeral-cherish-perrywinkle

The Rev. Steve Dobbs, senior pastor at Paxon Revival Center Church, has four children. All daughters. So he had barely started talking about the 8-year-old girl in the little lavender casket in front of him when his voice began to rise in volume, increase in cadence and then crack.

“I’m hurting,” he said. “I’m pastor, but I’m hurting.”

His task was to deliver a eulogy for Cherish Lily Perrywinkle. And while he was speaking to the hundreds of people in the church’s auditorium, a massive room full of all kinds of modern technology, in some ways this was an old-fashioned revival, the kind his father used to give decades ago when the church’s home was a big tent.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...her-funeral-cherish-perrywinkle#ixzz2XegMvvGF

The comments on that article- one in particular has my blood boiling. The last child victim of Donald Smith has already discussed how guilty she feels (through her mother's interview.) HOW DARE this person blame her like that???? If my child was a victim, I would absolutely leave the choice up to them if they wanted to testify or not.

Got a clue which facility serves the Edgewood area?

People in the Lem Turner Rd area goes to the Emerson st. facility.
Lem Turner crosses Edgewood Ave.

I don't know if an individual's location gets chosen or if it's left up to them to choose...

ETA: Sorry Edgewood Ave crosses Lem Turner Rd..

I don't think the poster was trying to be inflammatory but I hear you. ST did what she felt was in the best interest of her child by deciding not to have her testify. ST is not responsible in any way for what happened to Cherish nor is ST's daughter. I have plenty of blame to go around in the form of the immediate custodial parent and the RSO who is responsible for her death. No need to go looking further for places to spread the blame IMO.

I don't think the poster was trying to be inflammatory but I hear you. ST did what she felt was in the best interest of her child by deciding not to have her testify. ST is not responsible in any way for what happened to Cherish nor is ST's daughter. I have plenty of blame to go around in the form of the immediate custodial parent and the RSO who is responsible for her death. No need to go looking further for places to spread the blame IMO.

ST's daughter was only 10 years old when she crossed paths with Donald Smith. It just rubbed me wrong big time because they also implied that since it would just be her testifying about words he said to her and not something he did to her, she's less of a victim. Or, that's how I took it. :/

People in the Lem Turner Rd area goes to the Emerson st. facility.
Lem Turner crosses Edgewood Ave.

I don't know if an individual's location gets chosen or if it's left up to them to choose...

ETA: Sorry Edgewood Ave crosses Lem Turner Rd..

Know anything about that one? Is it one of the "jokes," or does it mean serious business, yannow?

ETA: Jacksonville Metro Treatment Center? Is that the one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam