GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
After two hours of shopping, he suggested he’d buy them some hamburgers from the McDonald’s at the front of the store. He asked what she wanted. She let Cherish walk with him. She told her daughter she wanted a cheeseburger. It was the last thing she said to Cherish

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://mayportmirror.jacksonville.c...-old-cherish-perrywinkles-death#ixzz2XjKzdHKU

22 June:
Perrywinkle says Smith continued to follow her every move inside the Walmart and insisted his wife was on her way. As they waited for his "wife" to arrive, he yelled "from across the way" and said he was going to McDonald's for a burger.

"He asked if I wanted anything and I heard Cherish say 'cheeseburger.' I thought she stayed near me. I didn't realize she went with him. I didn't let her go with him like people think. He was creepy, so I wouldn't have let her go, I just didn't realize she was gone."

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...Highlands-Baptist/oT9WC_Sw0kG2fhwfCYpblQ.cspx

I am afraid that these changing stories are going to make the trial much harder for her since she's the star witness and Smith's attorneys are going to read these articles with a keen eye.

My BOLD: Is that not contradictory to the entire situation? If he was 'creepy' why did any contact at all, still continue. It seems she is saying on one hand, she let Cherish go with him - and then she she saying that she recognized that RS was 'creepy'. Either way, and for whatever reason - both these statements lack responsibility and could look culpable.
RS is pleading 'Not Guilty' and I agree with you Donjeta, that its stories like this attorneys are going to have a field day with this, if the courts allow it.
She may also have her daughters testify after what happened with the plea bargain case with RS previously. I wonder...

Hmmm. Some of that walk wouldn't be so bad in daylight; some, not so much, especially with kids in tow. Can't say as I would want to risk having to walk it in the dark, especially with kids in tow.

The Walmart in question...is it the one at 12100 Lem Turner?

Yes- that is the Walmart- and I would not walk there at dusk ( when they walked) without a weapon- and never with small children, never at night.

My BOLD: Is that not contradictory to the entire situation? If he was 'creepy' why did any contact at all, still continue. It seems she is saying on one hand, she let Cherish go with him - and then she she saying that she recognized that RS was 'creepy'. Either way, and for whatever reason - both these statements lack responsibility and could look culpable.
RS is pleading 'Not Guilty' and I agree with you Donjeta, that its stories like this attorneys are going to have a field day with this, if the courts allow it.
She may also have her daughters testify after what happened with the plea bargain case with RS previously. I wonder...

The question is whether she let Cherish go with him fully knowing that Cherish went with him (as the newest article indicates), or whether Cherish went with him without her knowing (as the article link in your post indicates). IMO, she is just trying to cover her own behind by claiming she didn't know. But either way, Cherish went with him, so it shouldn't really help him any.

The question is whether she let Cherish go with him fully knowing that Cherish went with him (as the newest article indicates), or whether Cherish went with him without her knowing (as the article link in your post indicates). IMO, she is just trying to cover her own behind by claiming she didn't know. But either way, Cherish went with him, so it shouldn't really help him any.

I agree.
Even if RP did allow Cherish to leave with that to get burgers, it doesn't change the fact that HE took advantage of her poor decision to brutally murder this precious baby.

:moo::moo:

Just some of my observations from the article:

"She let Cherish walk with him"

Very clear to me!

"Rayne wanted to scream, to laugh, to cry, to smile, to be surrounded by people, to be alone, to talk about Cherish, to not talk about Cherish, to talk about Dean Koontz and Stephen King novels,

BBM: WTF? This soon after I lost my child, I am NOT going to want to smile, and certainly not laugh! Talk about Koontz and S King novels???

"Only mothers who’ve had their children taken could know."

She GAVE her to him!

"Rayne vowed she wouldn’t forget Cherish."

Uhmmm yeah, I would hope you wouldn't, she was your daughter!

MOO JMO ...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/139460826255774/permalink/141564996045357/

I'm mobile so I can't bold but the "Rayne vowed she would never forget Cherish." threw me too. What an odd thing to say.

And...yet another name mentions for RP on the memorial page. Looks like her actual name this time. How could one person need so many names or variations?

I think this is a new article, but also inaccessible to most. Can anyone else read the article, paraphrase...or find somewhere else?

http://members.jacksonville.com/new...nkle-slaying-grew-childhood-bully-feared-sex#

From the article:
"Smith’s deviance resurfaced in late 1992 when he tried to lure a 13-year-old girl into his van near an elementary school, then hunted her down after she fled and hid in a culvert pipe.

“You’ll have to come out some time,” he said."

I bet that little girl was terrified. :(

I think this is a new article, but also inaccessible to most. Can anyone else read the article, paraphrase...or find somewhere else?

http://members.jacksonville.com/new...nkle-slaying-grew-childhood-bully-feared-sex#

Also:

"Because of his continued trouble, Smith spent 1999 to 2002 under involuntary civil commitment after meeting the criteria of a violent sexual predator as part of the state’s Jimmy Ryce Act. Prosecutors released Smith instead of holding a civil commitment trial, which could have led to his indefinite detention."

I thought he wasn't a sexual "predator", JUST" a sex offender that wouldn't kill?"

Why? Why not have him detained indefinitely? Ugh.

I agree Gypsy. If that quote is legit, that judge needs to be investigated.

By even the weakest definition of "excellent" parenting RP fails to even ping the range of "barely adequate". This judge made a decision that contributed to the perfect storm of Fail when it came to Cherish's well being and safety.

Regardless of a letter or not ,this judge needs to be tossed of the bench!A child is dead because instead of doing her job, she allowed an 8 yr old child who their own evaluator said pull her from the mother and place her with the dad.The only reason that has been published so far is dad was not in Cherish's life for 3 yrs! RP was so poor she would lose all visitation because she was poor and could not afford to to her! Judge should have told her to woman up and stop living off the system!Get a job,make sure BF has a job and can pay for any kids he makes with you! It is great being a stay at home mom if you can afford it,but assistance and child support should not be adults only funds!Judge should have said get a job.And she really seems to be pushing she is poor out to the public.The only reason IMO she does not want anyone to blame her is that hurts the donations.Sad part is if she had a million dollars, she would still be making bad calls.Poor does not make you stupid.I Hope the father sues who ever he can including her mom ,I would!

I also noticed in the article that was obviously written to paint RP in a glowing light, that RP has demonstrated multiple public displays. She was in her house and marched OUTSIDE to the front yard where all her neighbors and any reporters milling around could see and hear her screaming. It's like she wanted it known she was suffering. If any reporters were about they could photograph and report this. Or the neighbors would obviously notice and start talking and word would get around town.

She sits on the front porch sobbing into Cherish's shirt.

Also, she waited until they arrived at the funeral home and she had stepped out of the car to start screaming. Where anyone milling around the parking lot, or just arriving and reporters could see.

Then she gets inside the funeral home and on her way down the aisle almost collapses twice in front of the people who were already inside and must have missed her screaming episode in the parking lot.

Now, I think these things can be normal reactions anyone would have to losing a loved one. But with RP, I question the sincerity, since she has been doing obvious damage control with the public. She has been trying to paint herself in such a light so much that it's hard for me to believe these public displays were not part of her attempts at damage control. In the eyes of the public and maybe even LE.

It's like she wants people to be distracted feeling sorry for her instead of paying attention to the details. I could be all wrong. Just a feeling I had. IMO.

From the article:
"Smith’s deviance resurfaced in late 1992 when he tried to lure a 13-year-old girl into his van near an elementary school, then hunted her down after she fled and hid in a culvert pipe.

“You’ll have to come out some time,” he said."

I bet that little girl was terrified. :(

His deviance resurfaced on LE's radar maybe, but I'll but it was never buried.

I truly believe he is telling investigators that he purchased the child. It's just my opinion and I have nothing to base it on. Just a gut feeling. :cry:

Aside from the perp DS, does anyone else surrounding this case have a history of drug abuse or incarcerations?

I know there's a lot of name changes going on but have we found out yet about that?

Only because history has a tendency to repeat itself .... ugh!

Aside from the perp DS, does anyone else surrounding this case have a history of drug abuse or incarcerations?

I know there's a lot of name changes going on but have we found out yet about that?

Only because history has a tendency to repeat itself .... ugh!

Yes. Can I say who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member