KY KY - Brookelyn Farthing, 18, Berea, 22 Jun 2013

Yes, the couch was on fire, Brooke was gone, he called 911, the fire was put out, but the house had smoke damage. She could have ran, but I doubt it.

I think something happened on that couch to her and burning it got rid of evidence!

I have to say....it drives me crazy that we have two missing persons cases from the same small area in roughly a two year time period and yet there are so few details. There aren't even enough details to have much of a discussion about.

Brookelyn was young and beautiful, yet there is so little news....while Holly Bobo is almost a household name. Why? What is going on here? While I've never been to Berea (I live just a few hours away in KY), I've heard about it and from what I know this isn't exactly a big city with a high crime rate. I think it's a rural area with an artsy community supporting the local college. So, it doesn't make sense to me that there have been two people go missing and it not be talked about in the community....A LOT.

In both cases, I think it's obvious that the people Brookelyn and Shelly were last seen with need to be looked at a lot closer. And I think it's odd that we really don't know much about either victim. What were they like? Where did they like to hang out? Who did they spend time with? What did they do for a living or where did they go to school, etc....?????

Are there any locals that cam clear up the confusion as to where Brookelyn was last seen?
It was reported for days that she was last seen at 113 Dillon Court rd but now its being said she was last seen "in the area of FLoyd branch rd."

I'm a local. I'll try to clear some of this up. The initial flyers and reports that came out said that Brookelyn was last seen at 113 Dillon Ct. around 6am on Saturday June 22nd. These reports came directly from her family via facebook posts before it was in the media. One of her relatives who has since removed the facebook post said the man she was last seen with went to put up a horse and came back and she was gone. (This was still in context of being last seen at 113 Dillon Ct around 6am.). Next, the same morning and around the same time Brookelyn went missing there was a fire at this same address - 113 Dillon Ct. This made me wonder if the fire was to cover up some sort of evidence. Later, news media reported that the home at 113 Dillon Ct. had been without electricity for several weeks and that it belonged to a friend of Brookelyn's ex-boyfriend. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/25/brookelyn-farthing-missing_n_3499509.html

From researching social media, it appears Brookelyn had been in a 2 year relationship which had broken up in early June. She had lived with her boyfriend. I'm wondering if either her and her ex lived at 113 Dillon Ct. or if maybe she moved into 113 Dillon Ct when her and her boyfriend broke up even though the house is in the ex boyfriends friends name. Either way, the fire happening there the same time she disappeared is alarming. Also, the time that she was last seen (6am), would be correspond to the time that the ex boyfriend would be getting off from work. The area that the police searched latest Floyd's Branch/Red Lick is where the ex boyfriend was fishing with a friend the day that she went missing.

It is possible she could have left Dillon Ct and walked to Floyd's Branch to try to find her ex boyfriend, and she fell and got injured etc. etc.. but with the fire, I think it is more likely the foul play is involved.

I've been to Berea once before (traveled through on a greyhound) and it's a very rural community. I'd be surprised if you could find the ONE bus stop along the route. I agree something's fishy about this couch. As for smoking, I doubt that someone would have left a cig smouldering from the night before and no one notices it. Mostly because the new paper that they use for cigarettes is the FSC kind "fire safe cigarette". Chemically treated to put itself out. That and most couches would rather melt than catch fire without an open flame. Couches are mostly made of synthetic fabrics (ie Nylon, rayon, vinyl) with some sort of polyblend filler or foam. My point is; the couch wasn't an accidental fire. And if it were "on fire", someone used something as an accelerant; Lighter fluid, paper stuffed in the couch, whatever. (And yes, I've accidentally put out my cigarette on the arm of my couch. I didn't realize it until I hit the wood of the arm as the material just melted away). JMHO

I've been to Berea once before (traveled through on a greyhound) and it's a very rural community. I'd be surprised if you could find the ONE bus stop along the route. I agree something's fishy about this couch. As for smoking, I doubt that someone would have left a cig smouldering from the night before and no one notices it. Mostly because the new paper that they use for cigarettes is the FSC kind "fire safe cigarette". Chemically treated to put itself out. That and most couches would rather melt than catch fire without an open flame. Couches are mostly made of synthetic fabrics (ie Nylon, rayon, vinyl) with some sort of polyblend filler or foam. My point is; the couch wasn't an accidental fire. And if it were "on fire", someone used something as an accelerant; Lighter fluid, paper stuffed in the couch, whatever. (And yes, I've accidentally put out my cigarette on the arm of my couch. I didn't realize it until I hit the wood of the arm as the material just melted away). JMHO

The bus stop is on West Jefferson Street.

I can't post it here because it all just rumor- but if you enter Brooke Farthing into any search engine along with the word Topix- you can read hundreds of comments and "facts" about this case. There is a lot going on.

My take is that most of it is true. Locals keep posting- a lot. About 100 comments a day-- and they all keep getting deleted. My take is that LE doesn't want the info made public... yet.

Are local police taking this seriously? I live less than 40 miles away.

I am also local here (Well Lexington, but I lived in Berea for a couple years) and have been watching topix conversations disappear. I will see what I can do to start logging them.

I am also local here (Well Lexington, but I lived in Berea for a couple years) and have been watching topix conversations disappear. I will see what I can do to start logging them.

Every time I've looked for topix "comments" they're gone. I sure hope you're successful in logging them!

Also, I see there's an "earth-friendly" festival on Red Lick Rd. starting July 11. I don't know if this festival generates a lot of traffic to the area nor do I know if this is close to where she was seen, but I hope Brookelyn is found before then.

Article contains a picture taken of Brooke the night she went missing.

http://www.lex18.com/news/police-release-photo-of-missing-teen-taken-night-she-disappeared/

I wonder why LE chose to release a photo of Brookelynn that night now 2 weeks later?
I think its interesting they chose to blur out the others in the picture. I was thinking that maybe some people hadn't been honest with LE about being with Brookelynn that night and maybe LE is sending a message by releasing the photo or maybe they just wanted to show what she was wearing that night.

Someone had mentioned topic and hundreds of comments. I haven't even found one thread for Brookelynn that has even 5 comments on it and most get deleted.

I wonder why LE chose to release a photo of Brookelynn that night now 2 weeks later?
I think its interesting they chose to blur out the others in the picture. I was thinking that maybe some people hadn't been honest with LE about being with Brookelynn that night and maybe LE is sending a message by releasing the photo or maybe they just wanted to show what she was wearing that night.

Someone had mentioned topic and hundreds of comments. I haven't even found one thread for Brookelynn that has even 5 comments on it and most get deleted.

I don't think it means anything that they would blur the faces of others in the photo. They wouldn't want to publish photos of people just because they were with her, unless they were POI's they could not locate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back