TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Status
Not open for further replies.
The picture of LEK's hands is intriguing because somewhere it was mentioned that she might have been a hand model or tried to get work as one. What I see in that picture doesn't look like hands that would be appropriate for modeling work at all. The proportions are all wrong.

The Marfan syndrome possibility is interesting because it is inherited as an autosomal dominant, which means her daughter has a 50% chance of having the Marfan gene. But among people who have the gene there is a wide range of effects. Some people have such mild mild manifestations that it is never diagnosed. Others have very severe problems. But the physical manifestations of Marfan overlap a lot with other disorders, so they often don't get diagnosed correctly. I don't know whether women with Marfan are likely to have fertility issues.

Hello all! I am new here, found WS while reading about LEK and I have been sucked in. I wish that LE would release ALL of what was found in the lockbox.

I also think it is very likely she had Marfan and it's extremely possible that she knew as well. I'm wondering if she had any recent (as of her death) or past involvement with the National Marfan Foundation (marfan.org). It looks as though they have local chapters in Texas (Dallas), Arizona, Northern California, and Idaho - all states where we suspect/she is confirmed to have lived.

Also, I have access to an Ancestry account if there are specific things I can help look up, please do let me know!

Nope. I read an EE and a DS.

Oh yeah, I think I overlooked him as it seems he was likely just an innocent bystander that got "pulled into the apartment." I'm wondering if the ES mentioned towards the end is a typo and should be EE.

edit: Oops I just realized ES is a different incident in 1982, my bad.

Has it been stated LEK was previously married before BR?

thanks!

KJC and LEK were married in Bexar County where San Antonio is. Has she had any ties to San Antonio yet? I don't recall any.

Has it been stated LEK was previously married before BR?

thanks!

We have not found any evidence that she was married before. There is another LEK that shows up when searching Texas marriage records, but I believe it has been determined that it is not the same LEK.

Edit to add: We were posting at the same time. Please go back and change the above postings to initials only. KJC has already been discussed.

We have not found any evidence that she was married before. There is another LEK that shows up when searching Texas marriage records, but I believe it has been determined that it is not the same LEK.

Yeah I searched for her and middle name is Ellen, not Erica. Does not appear to be our LEK.

I didn't think so, but I appreciate the confirm! I just found it odd....

SK

Numerous physical anomalies have been noted already. There is also the possibiity that she has a repaired cleft palate, with forehead correction associated, as Wikipedia mentions can happen. And someone has pointed out a marked discoloration in the center of her forehead. There would be follow-up for this nowadays, but doubt she's registered anywhere for it.

ClaireNC's excellent summary indicates to me that she probably didn't have Marfan syndrome unless that gene was simply overlooked in the DNA testing they did that discovered the gene associated with heart disease.

Does anyone remember whether the details of that DNA test were publicized? Was it a general scan to try to determine origins and ethnicity or was it done as part of prenatal screening or some other medical reason while she was alive?

Edit to add: We were posting at the same time. Please go back and change the above postings to initials only. KJC has already been discussed.

~~ Thanks, I couldn't find the previous posts about the above.

Nancy

astrokitty (as an aside, you have the most varied and interesting information!) i was thinking that work in that time frame, mid-80s, in NV brothels might not have needed all of the personal info and fingerprints. as to the PA library, a call to a library that small just seems out of place for that rape sentence lead -- not impossible, but improbable. i was surprised at how "mallon" lit up when i did a Google map search on the library address, though. i think the note on the teeth only looking bad late is something that astrokitty and others noted could have been an effect due to eating disorders, childbirth, etc. is spot on. the teeth do only seem to look bad in that late picture. also, on the computer, it's very likely that, especially if she was planning on suicide, and the way she did it sure makes it seem so, that she would have wiped the computer down pretty good. though i agree a serious forensic search of that computer and her search histories would be worthwhile. this is certainly one of the most interesting identity stories i've ever seen...

I work in a brothel three times a year in NV. You are finger printed, entered into the system to see if you are a felon, have warrants, were arrested within certain time frames for various charges or missing persons. You have to get a license (sheriffs card) and screened for std's and sti's. It's all on record in NV with the dept of health and the county sheriff's office. If she had ever worked legally, when they ran her prints - it would have popped up.

Hmmmm. AstroKitty, I find this one very interesting. I wonder about what happens to the fingerprints. They are checked against arrests and warrants, but as the person is not guilty of a crime but just having prints run in the course of employment, they may deliberately NOT be entered into a national database for privacy reasons.

In other words, someone whose prints were taken under those circumstances at that time might not show up later if you were trying to find a match. That is if they even bothered to take prints at all back at that time. Or could there be prints on file but they are looking in the wrong place.

Anyway, you have brought up a scenario that might explain LEK not having a criminal record, but at the same time perhaps wanting to distance herself from something, considering that she apparently began trying to have a child shortly after marriage.

(Treading delicately here) But could a nearly six foot woman with hands that look like they could palm a basketball find employment there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks