GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beyond the red trucks ... I've been looking in the backyards for wadded up tarps. Appreciate the locals letting us know the Google Maps are very current. Hope LE is aware of that as well.

Also, over the years I have seen A LOT of DIY vehicles, different cars or trucks modified by the backyard genius into some sort of hybridised vehicle that suits his needs.

Do not sleuth the parents.

Do not make accusations or post theories that include minors without a solid link to MSM or LE information.

I am going to start issuing TOs. There are several warnings in the thread.

To all new comers: First :welcome: Second: please read all mod posts. Don't scroll by them because they provide guidance for posting in specific cases.

Thanks,

Salem

That would make a lot of sense...

If this was an act of opportunity... With relatively little planning ahead of time..

I could see the perp panicking after the act...not knowing what to do next..

JMO

Someone may have already mentioned this, so apologies if it is redundant.

I think I remember reading or discussing somewhere (my best guess is either in a criminal psych textbook or else on here in relation to Mickey Shunick?) that when a predator has a powerful, active inner fantasy world or life, he will plan out the crime to imitate that fantasy which he has, in his mind, rehearsed many times in excruciating and vivid detail, often including how he identifies/selects, pursues, and acquires his prey. But the fantasy often ends when the act is over. That means, unless it is a person who includes staging, cat-and-mouse games, etc., considerably less planning goes into the "clean-up."

I apologize if I have offended anyone by referring to prey and clean-up. I'm also sorry I can't come up with a source for this general memory I tried to paraphrase for yas...if it is from a criminal psych or profiling textbook, I don't own those, I only borrowed them and read them "for fun" while I was doing a project on a different campus. :/

ETA: my info was in support of the quoted post. :) But maybe rougelatete (sorry if I've misspelled your name- autocorrect repeatedly corrected me to "rouge later" and now I forget the right spelling) or PensFan could correct me as needed?

I watched it, twice. I see no odd behavior or feel anything strange about him anymore than allana's father or the man representing her father.

BUT LE did take a bag & a box of something from that house. LE just doesn't take stuff from people's homes for no reason. Wonder why they searched that house? Tip?

looking for red trucks in a neighborhood via google maps is absolutely futile.
if I look at my house on google maps right now...my vehicle cannot be seen, its in a garage, but you can see the vehicle of a family member in the driveway who doesn't live anywhere near me. also the neighbors next door who lived there during the google drive by no longer live there, so the vehicles in that driveway which are seen currently, are no longer there.

on google maps for my neighborhood, the images are almost two years old. what you are seeing on google maps is not necessarily current.....same goes for objects located in backyards or front yards.

BBM The street view pictures in Saginaw have already been said are new from this yr. I do not live far from Saginaw and we had the google truck out a couple months ago. 2 weeks ago I checked to see if they had updated anything and we had the old still up when I checked today you can actually see my house. The brushes and trees had taken over the house while it was sitting for sale so it was hard to see the house between all the bushes. Now you can see my house.

According to locals in the thread, lots of kids in the area are STILL playing outside even after her death. Apparently this is/was considered an extremely safe area.

wait...really..I didn't see read that on this thread! perhaps I missed it.

wait...really..I didn't see read that on this thread! perhaps I missed it.

In the last day or two, we've picked up a couple of folks who say they're within a few miles of the scene. I'm sorry I can't remember names, but one of them was definitely expressing frustration at all the unsupervised little kids who were still out.

Someone may have already mentioned this, so apologies if it is redundant.

I think I remember reading or discussing somewhere (my best guess is either in a criminal psych textbook or else on here in relation to Mickey Shunick?) that when a predator has a powerful, active inner fantasy world or life, he will plan out the crime to imitate that fantasy which he has, in his mind, rehearsed many times in excruciating and vivid detail, often including how he identifies/selects, pursues, and acquires his prey. But the fantasy often ends when the act is over. That means, unless it is a person who includes staging, cat-and-mouse games, etc., considerably less planning goes into the "clean-up."

I apologize if I have offended anyone by referring to prey and clean-up. I'm also sorry I can't come up with a source for this general memory I tried to paraphrase for yas...if it is from a criminal psych or profiling textbook, I don't own those, I only borrowed them and read them "for fun" while I was doing a project on a different campus. :/

Thanks for your post!! It helped me nail down better my thoughts on the case. Wondering if we're dealing with a perp that is 'in between' these stages you mentioned? In other words, somewhere in between fantasizing & an escalated killer ... if that makes sense. Not a rookie but not an extremely experienced killer, yet. Does the binding of this young child tell you anything about this killer?

In the last day or two, we've picked up a couple of folks who say they're within a few miles of the scene. I'm sorry I can't remember names, but one of them was definitely expressing frustration at all the unsupervised little kids who were still out.

One thing I've noticed around here lately that seems to be a trend over the last decade or so, give or take, is adults sitting in their garages , smoking , maybe having a beer. It seems a lot even have tv's or pc's in the garage . The sit with the garage door up and they are in the shade but can still see outside. I wonder if some of these ' unsupervised' kids actually have an adult watching them closely just out of view.

Texas Kidz and trucks mini-poll results:

Pointing to a white pickup truck I ask my four-year-old granddaughter, "What is that?" She says, "A truck." Pointing to a SUV I ask, "What is that?" She says, "A car." "It's not a truck?" I ask. "Nah!" she says, vehemently shaking her head (looking at me like, "Poor Grandmomma..she should have been born in Texas").

Pointing to a Tweety Bird Yellow pickup truck, I ask my six-year-old grandson, "What is that?" Without missing a beat he says, "A Texas Taxi!":floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

That's all the poll I need to know that Texas kids know their trucks.
Darling responses! :heart:

and... Thank you for your dedication to the scientific process! :book:

:)

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...g-girl-was-found-dead-in-tarp-on-street.html/

Also found this downstairs. Earlier the question was asked what time , and the initial 911 call was at 7:12 pm

Thanks Peachy :)

From reading around the internet, here and a few other sites, seems like there's a VERY tight timeline when this child's body was dumped/dropped off and found. Now as far as when she was classified/noticed as 'missing' ... good question!!! There seem to be a lot of reports that it was around 9 pmish when folks started getting real concerned about her missing.

I'm still not able to make peace with the fact that this child's dead body was found before her parents reported her missing. It's a big question mark for me and makes NO sense ... the child just turned 6 years old ... that's a still a baby to me

BUT LE did take a bag & a box of something from that house. LE just doesn't take stuff from people's homes for no reason. Wonder why they searched that house? Tip?

actually... IIRC... I have read two different accounts of the length of time LE "investigated" at the house two doors down from AG's house...

the tweet sounded like 30 minutes... But could that have been the amount of time since it was tweeted?

I think we read in another report (or heard on video) that LE went the night before... And stayed thru the night...

does anyone else remember these two accounts?

TIA...:seeya:

Regarding the feasibility of Alanna's body "bouncing" out of the truck, someone earlier made the excellent point that it is entirely possible that (if it was non-intentional placement) the person could have a faulty latch or simply was panicked and did not properly shut the tailgate.

Or perhaps they have no functioning tailgate at all - I see many trucks in TX where it appears to have been disabled due to the vehicle being used for hauling work related items (landscapers, people laying carpet, etc).

in regards to that vehicle and the earlier link of the police being there, leaving with a paper bag and the "kid" coming out and people thinking he is sketchy......no reports of them searching that vehicle. and it seems like they were hardly at that house clearly the kid is not a suspect....

<modsnip>
I'm hoping, beyond hoping and a miracle, that this residence has an exterior video camera and it may have captured useful footage ... fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74