George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin Discussion Thread #10 Mon. July 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough....either way, I see it as a negative reflection on the chracter of GZ. My husband is a military man and doesn't speak filth like that...to anyone...neither do my sons and daughters.

The defense is really trying to show GZ's injuries resemble those received by men in combat!?!?!??! How dare them compare this blinking defendent to our honored troops!!!!! IMO

If using bad language is a reflection of a person's character, what does the "filth" on TM and Rachel Jeantel's twitter and Facebook pages say about their characters? I'm genuinely curious to know why you would apply this standard to GZ but not to TM or RJ.

I'm interested in this jury - they really seem to be willing to stay late/not have breaks, etc., to get this show on the road.

I think if I were the defense I'd call the witnesses, get their stories out, and be done with it. Run them through as fast as they can and still get the information out.

Both sides, and especially Don West, made the error of belaboring the tiniest little points, and extreme repetition of questions.

I know this isn't the way the court works, but if this case were done in the format of History Channel documentary, they could exhaustively tell the entire story from both points of view in one hour.

it tells you a LOT about the evidence they have (or dont have)

imo

They think emotion will help sway the "emotional" all-female mostly mother jury.

What they forget is that mothers have to deal with children all the time. You know the sad face with the tear in the eye kid asking why he can't have a puppy. The 2 year old with chocolate all over their face claiming they didn't touch the cake.

Yet another mistake from the state.

Yeah, I think they reflect on his character also.
IMO he was trying a bit too hard ...

BTW- I do have to say the actual wording does not offend me, I use those words just about 75% of the time I am driving! But none of it is personal, just my way of venting so I do not go into full road rage (calling people every name in the book in the privacy of my vehicle satisfies my urges :blushing:).
Thanks for your honesty, Nymeria.

Makes sense to me, the personal road rage....very far removed from recorded LE phone calls....when armed with a loaded weapon. IMO

My language can run to mainly silent expletives from time to time....my favs being " you jerk " and "how'd you get a blinking license?" When our home was robbed and vandalized a number of years ago...I called the perps " low lifes, losers." I am no angel but it's plain to me that GZ WAS profiling, with spite and hate. IMO

They think emotion will help sway the "emotional" all-female mostly mother jury.

What they forget is that mothers have to deal with children all the time. You know the sad face with the tear in the eye kid asking why he can't have a puppy. The 2 year old with chocolate all over their face claiming they didn't touch the cake.

Yet another mistake from the state.

the gift that keeps on giving..one TV TH said if he was ever prosecuted he wanted this SA prosecuting him.

others say its just the lack of facts supporting their case that makes them look so bad

either way, dan abrams said over the weekend that "he will walk"

then again casey anthony was tried in florida

Sounds like the Defense to me....George crying profusely with his Mom in the witness box and this PA trying to associate brave troops with a violent civilian , loaded gun onboard, pursuing a boy. Makes me nauseous. IMO

Errr, yerrrp...just heard it. What a very strange thing to do/say. I would venture a guess that if you have to preface a statement (or joke in this case) with "don't hold it against my client, hold it against me"...it's probably best not to say it at all. Common Sense 101?

But, at the end of the day (and I hate that overused phrase)... the world was talking about the defense opening statement and not the really good and emotional opening statement by the prosecution. Brilliant?

IMO, it is interesting that the defense is trying to portray GZ in a certain light but it is MPO that manipulative people often present one way in public and another way when they either don't know or forget that someone else might hear them.

We know that GZ has misrepresented his educational experience, has mislead the court as to his financial need, has changed and/or embellished his story as to the chain of events as to the interaction between GZ and TM. Notably, his stories, after the shooting, do not correspond to his NEN call to SPD. Serrino even noticed enough to question GZ about those differences.

The point here is that the "soft spoken" GZ, as he is being portrayed now (as opposed to the several incidences where he was involved with documented violent acts) is IMO, definitely capable of misleading/manipulating friends, LE, employers and family. Just like everyone thought Ted Bundy was a nice, quiet and soft spoken young man when in fact he was also the exact opposite in different settings.

IMO, sociopaths use their ability to convince others that they are calm, respectable, upstanding citizens. It is necessary for them to do this in order to get away for as long as possible with their manipulation of others and further bad deeds. ALL IMO, of course.

GZ is no sociopath, <mod snip> imo. TM, on the other hand did show signs of ASPD, without a doubt, imo.

This link was posted on a local (San Francisco area) radio personality's Facebook - the postings were almost unanimous that if Zimmerman walks "all hell will break loose." It was very disheartening to read.

This, sadly, is why I think he will be convicted. Not because of evidence, but because of fear of repercussions if he isn't.

gee ALL the pro zimmerman witnesses seem to be intelligent. law abiding people.

how can the state use that to smear GZ..

".they all SUPPORT the law."

must be rabid zealots.

(imo)

Zimmerman's dad is an ex magistrate. His bestest friend is with Homeland Security...talk about connections within the Justice System. IMO

And yet it's telling that GZ was turned down when he applied to join the police force and I believe it's more because he assaulted a police officer than that his finaces weren't responsibly handled.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...-violence-fighting-with-a-police-officer?lite

This, sadly, is why I think he will be convicted. Not because of evidence, but because of fear of repercussions if he isn't.

Oh please. IMO, there will be riots no matter what the verdict is. People looking for trouble look for any chance to do damage.

AT 7 p.m.? an after dinner trip to the store, just barely dark? I cannot make the leap that is suspicious activity, especially talkin' with a friend. I have seen my own son rarely without a cell to his ear for the last 9 yrs. he stops, pauses, makes animated motions....in all kinds of weather, and yes, has been known to stand in the driveway of my own house in the rain with his hood over his head

TM had ear buds, I don't think he had a phone to his ear. I think all this opinion on whether TM looks suspicious or not, depends on our own neighborhood? A loitering person in the rain (pouring as one neighbor described) WOULD definately look out of place in my neighborhood. In fact? Maybe even against the law. But, I'm in CA.

If using bad language is a reflection of a person's character, what does the "filth" on TM and Rachel Jeantel's twitter and Facebook pages say about their characters? I'm genuinely curious to know why you would apply this standard to GZ but not to TM or RJ.

:goodpost:

Guess the Physicians Assistant, aka PA, will testify as to the extreme seriousness of GZ's owies. IMO
I only wish TM had hit GZ hard enough to knock him out cold for a few seconds, so he could have escaped his death. IMO

If someone you cared for was punched in the nose and had his head banged into a concrete sidewalk, both of which left bloody cuts, would you call those "owies"?

Oh please. IMO, there will be riots no matter what the verdict is. People looking for trouble look for any chance to do damage.

It's pretty sad that one has to fear riots due to a certain segment of the population not getting the decision it wants.

TM had ear buds, I don't think he had a phone to his ear. I think all this opinion on whether TM looks suspicious or not, depends on our own neighborhood? A loitering person in the rain (pouring as one neighbor described) WOULD definately look out of place in my neighborhood. In fact? Maybe even against the law. But, I'm in CA.

I am in Texas and lived in a condo and this definitely would be out of place in my neighborhood. I would have called 911 myself and not gone out to approach for fear of this person being armed. I am surprised TM was not armed. jmo

And that makes my sick to my stomach. Are the laws and justice in this country to be manipulated by the vocal majority with threats of rioting? Throw every one of them buggers in jail if they get out of line. Rioting has a lot of illegal, harmful repercussions, and every one of them should be lodged against them.

In MY OPINION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member