George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin Discussion Thread #10 Mon. July 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would NEVER judge a man based on an opinion about what the mob might do.

would YOU?
if so, why?

I never said **I** would judge someone based on that. It's not unreasonable **IMO** to think someone would, though.

IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO

oh, IMO.

If using bad language is a reflection of a person's character, what does the "filth" on TM and Rachel Jeantel's twitter and Facebook pages say about their characters? I'm genuinely curious to know why you would apply this standard to GZ but not to TM or RJ.

I gave specific circumstances in which I believe it IS a reflection...and they aren't the ones you mention.IMO

I have never seen either FaceBook page. Trayvon Martin and Rachel Jeantel's FB pages were hacked into by white supremists. Neither of them have a Facebook page now, as I undersand it. IMO
Links easy to find on Google.IMO

I myself would not go visit a relative in another town or even in another subdivision and walk to a store, much less one that was a mile away, and then stop in someone's yard and look over at that person's house. It might have been safe in the 1950s or 1960s, but not now. I live in a rural area, and I would not even walk one-fourth mile up the road to the country store in the dark. This isn't an opinion. It's a fact.

AND... What was the deal with TM staring GZ down and walking around his truck while GZ was in his truck on the phone with NEN? Did THAT show fear on TM's part?

gee ALL the pro zimmerman witnesses seem to be intelligent. law abiding people.

how can the state use that to smear GZ..

".they all SUPPORT the law."

must be rabid zealots.

(imo)

Prosecution probably says they're perfect so they MUST be hiding something? imo

If someone you cared for was punched in the nose and had his head banged into a concrete sidewalk, both of which left bloody cuts, would you call those "owies"?

I'm glad you pointed this out. I was going to do it, but I feel that my fuse is short today and thought I might come across badly. So, for the record, I wish people would stop referring to them as "owies" and "booboos." It comes across (to me) as passive-aggressive snarkiness.

IMO and all that jazz.

I gave specific circumstances in which I believe it IS a reflection...and they aren't the ones you mention.IMO

I have never seen either FaceBook page. Trayvon Martin and Rachel Jeantel's FB pages were hacked into by white supremists. Neither of them have a Facebook page now, as I undersand it. IMO

Really? Do you have proof of this? Or only word of mouth?? Because that seems odd to me. OMO

ETA: Just did a google search for proof and found none.. Waiting on reply.. :)

Where did that come from? omg

I'm glad you pointed this out. I was going to do it, but I feel that my fuse is short today and thought I might come across badly. So, for the record, I wish people would stop referring to them as "owies" and "booboos." It comes across (to me) as passive-aggressive snarkiness.

IMO and all that jazz.

ITA imo

I was just thinking, if his stepmother was the one who essentially raised him, why wouldn't the prosecution have called her to testify that it s his screaming on the 911 tape?
IMO, because she doesn't fit into the family portrait they needed the public to see - the portrait that was begun when S.Fulton reached the people she did to tell the story. Those contacts know what the public needs to hear. Alicia was out and while Brandy Green doesn't fit either it was hard to deny her since they were at her home. Remember, Cliff Huxtable never left Clair, and and the two of them raised Theo ...

Sorry, No. I know plenty of people that carry and have not, nor do they plan on using it. It is there to protect them under attack. Not to pick a date and time to shoot someone..

OMO
Some also carry in case they are in a situation where others need defending. I know my DH was required to carry at all times he was in public - whether on duty or not - both when he was in uniform and later as a detective. Civilian gun permit applications go up after each shooting that happens in a public place where innocents are harmed.

We had 1 home robbery and 3 car break-ins in my neighborhood in the past week. The next neighborhood over had 5 car robberies over 2 days. Is that considered high crime?

BTW, LE thinks it is teens doing this. Still doesn't make me suspicious of a teen boy wearing a hoodie walking in the rain in the evening. IMO.

In my opinion... it should.

Sounds like the Defense to me....George crying profusely with his Mom in the witness box and this PA trying to associate brave troops with a violent civilian , loaded gun onboard, pursuing a boy. Makes me nauseous. IMO

Guess I'm gonna need a new TV! I did not see any "profuse" crying on my end. I saw a slight bit of emotion coming from GZ and that was it. Everything is being blown out of proportion having to do with GZ. Then, others come along and reads this stuff and it becomes facts, that are repeated over and over again. I have a feeling GZ had listened to days and days of his character being trashed, and he became emotional hearing someone take up for him. I'm that way. You can say all kinds of mean things about me, and I'll show no emotion. Say something nice, and I'll cry like a baby.

Agreed, I know the Defense's witness, the PA, just testified to " tired feet" or sore ones, after protesting et al.

I believe the friends and fans of GZ are more volatile and better organized to revolt than those of TM. IMO

They have spent 100s of thousands trying to get GZ off. IMO

Have they made any death threats? imo

I don't see these soft spoken, gainfully employed, politically active women, vietnam vets and law enforcement officers as volatile or as some sort of tinder box waiting to ignite upon hearing a verdict with which they disagree. As I compare their testimony and character to that of Rachel Jeantel I have to side with the defense. jmo

IMO and all that jazz.

ITA with this.

I believe anybody looking at those photos can agree that they were more than the typical owie or booboo such as a knee scrape or paper cut.

IMO

This, sadly, is why I think he will be convicted. Not because of evidence, but because of fear of repercussions if he isn't.

Possibly but I think mothers are used to repercusions. "If I don't get this this I'll hold me breath until I turn blue."

At worst I see a hung jury. They will retry even if they get a 5-1 vote for acquittal. I think there is a good chance that before retrial, the appeals court will look at the JoA and overrule the judge.

One thing I see about this defense team is they seem to form a "good lawyer, bad lawyer" team. With West taking all the flak for the nasty things the defense team has to do in court.

Agreed, I know the Defense's witness, the PA, just testified to " tired feet" or sore ones, after protesting et al.

I believe the friends and fans of GZ are more volatile and better organized to revolt than those of TM. IMO

They have spent 100s of thousands trying to get GZ off. IMO

What makes you believe that? I know I've seen a great deal of news footage of TM protesters shouting "no justice...no peace" if GZ is not convicted but I haven't heard anything about friends or family or supporters doing anything of the sort. In fact, I think the family/friends/supporters of GZ have been very circumspect in their behavior. Well, except for the dude who keeps going on Dr. Drew. He seems (IMO) to be a bit of a loose cannon.

Nothing was getting hacked when TM was calling GZ a creepy white **** or the N word.

People use the term all the time without knowing what it really means. He is not a psychopath. He is not a sociopath.. People want to call him something bad so that it what they use.. :) OMO

To be fair, we have no clue if he is either or those, or neither.
I have yet to see any psych tests for GZ.

I sense hackles are being raised.

Keep calm and post wisely :) I want this thread to stay open tyvm :)

To be fair, we have no clue if he is either or those, or neither.
I have yet to see any psych tests for GZ.

Surely if there were any psych tests that were relevant to this case, those records would have been requested and used by the state.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members