Found Deceased CO - Amy Ahonen, 38, Golden, 8 July 2011

Oh, just saw this.

There's another possible lady as well....the horse rescue enthusiast...trying to remember missing hikers too....

Kim Remmel came to my mind...... is this who you thought about as well?

If it's Amy, she didn't get there by hiking from her car. Lookout Mtn is too far away from where her car was found.

Here's hoping for a quick answer so some family can put their loved one to rest.

Also, foxfire, ARS was known to travel the road where where Amy disappeared, IIRC,would he have just been learning to drive then? I wonder if he ever took his mom's vehicles out while she was at work, etc.

I'm still thinking Travis Forbes is responsible for Amy's disappearance, but one never really knows (Amy's sister seems to believe TF is responsible also, as I remember her mentioning that).

Hope Amy's family can get some closure.

Of course, Annie Meyer is still out there somewhere also.

As I said, there is a good chance this is Amy IMO. Hopefully we'll get an id soon.

The Sheriff has closed off the Beaver Brook Trail that runs along the north side of Lookout Mountain about 1,000 feet above Clear Creek. I presume the remains were found somewhere near that trail.

Anxiously awaiting more news on this...Wondering if its a lost hiker?

One thing I want to say. There are creepos lurking and hiding in the hiking trails up here. That's why I no longer go hiking alone. It took one creepy guy in the bushes to cure me of that.

Also, mountain lions...scary!!

I found this link to the Beaver Brook Trail/Clear Creek.

http://clearcreeklandconservancy.org/beaverbrooktrail.html

If I recall correctly Amy's car was found just to the west of Tunnel #3. The Beaver Brook trail heads toward this area, and it may be possible to follow the gulch down to Clear Creek. But there isn't a good way to cross the creek near where her car was found.

Depending on the state of the remains, we should have DNA results in a few days.

If I recall correctly Amy's car was found just to the west of Tunnel #3. The Beaver Brook trail heads toward this area, and it may be possible to follow the gulch down to Clear Creek. But there isn't a good way to cross the creek near where her car was found.

Depending on the state of the remains, we should have DNA results in a few days.

How far west, footwarrior? What's your opinion on this...do you think this could be Amy?

Her friend from outherecolorado link above said she might have been going on a hike by herself. This is what the terrain looks like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKGCm88Kz7c

Bumping this. Still doesn't explain her car, though...
(unless she encountered someone on the trail who then drove her car...)

It's been a while since I've looked at Amy's case. Need to go back and review. Same with Kim Remmel's case.

This map shows how close the Beaver Brook trail (BB) gets to where Amy's car was found (west of Tunnel #3 near Elk Creek).

Amy's car was found near mile marker 264.

Trailhead at Windy Saddle for Beaver Brook trail that was blocked off this morning.

If Amy's car was parked east of Tunnel #2, the through hike might be more plausible. Starting here would not require crossing the creek which was near flood stage when she disappeared. But how did she plan on getting back to her car?

If someone dropped off her car to mislead investigators, it's also a problem. Geting back to town would almost require a second driver.

This map shows how close the Beaver Brook trail (BB) gets to where Amy's car was found (west of Tunnel #3 near Elk Creek).

Amy's car was found near mile marker 264.

Trailhead at Windy Saddle for Beaver Brook trail that was blocked off this morning.

If Amy's car was parked east of Tunnel #2, the through hike might be more plausible. Starting here would not require crossing the creek which was near flood stage when she disappeared. But how did she plan on getting back to her car?

If someone dropped off her car to mislead investigators, it's also a problem. Geting back to town would almost require a second driver.

Footwarrior, I couldn't get the links to work for some reason (times out).
I found a short clip on youtube of the "Trailhead at Windy Saddle". Is this the area that was blocked off today?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=361Uy1zOsN0

There is a lot of information out there on the Beaver Brook Trail, Lookout Mountain, etc. but I will wait for confirmation on the identity of the remains before posting further about this.

<I've been thinking about Amy a lot today, wondering could this be her?>

Of course, Annie Meyer is still out there somewhere also.

As I said, there is a good chance this is Amy IMO. Hopefully we'll get an id soon.

Semi off topic....
In case others are reading this thread.....Annie was identified deceased today. RIP Annie.

The youtube video is a different Windy Saddle.

The investigators were in the Windy Saddle park run by Jefferson County Open Space. It's on the north side of Lookout Mountain.

The trailhead for the Beaver Brook is in the center of this photo. The first part of the trail is coming straight toward the camera. The view is looking to the northeast, you can see Golden down below and Lookout Mountain drive. Clear Creek is the canyon on the left side.
picture.php

Quoting myself for reference.

The remains found in Golden yesterday are not that of Annie Meyer. I'm afraid Annie has been found deceased in Bailey, CO. Here's the link to her thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201175&page=12

I hadn't had a chance to check Annie's thread yet today. So sad, but glad she's found. Thanks for this post. Now that I know it's not Annie, I'm really hoping this is Amy. Does anyone remember the 'bleached' bones that were found a few months back? I never did see a follow up, but I guess they weren't Amy's.

Just to point out again - Amy's phone, keys, wallet and hiking backpack were found in her unlocked car (that's what made LE believe at first that she fell in the rushing river, which her car was parked alongside).

Just to point out again - Amy's phone, keys, wallet and hiking backpack were found in her unlocked car (that's what made LE believe at first that she fell in the rushing river, which her car was parked alongside).

The unlocked car with keys inside is the real clue. Where Amy's car was parked there was no cell phone service. Leaving your phone in the car is understandable. But leaving the keys in the car and the car unlocked doesn't make sense unless you plan on staying in the immediate vicinity.

It's still possible that she simply slipped into the river. Searchers are not perfect and may just have missed finding the body.

The remains found on Lookout Mountain may just be an unlucky solo hiker. There are plenty of places on the Beaver Brook trail where you could slip, hit your head on a rock and roll down the mountain and out of sight.

If the remains do belong to Amy, someone knows what happened and parked her car up the canyon to mislead investigators.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back