George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin Discussion Thread #10 Mon. July 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad they didn't do a toxicology report on Zimmerman!! They should have done a blood/alcohol test on him as well. Major mistake by LE.

Does anyone have a link to an accurate timeline of the event, ie non-emergency call, Trayvon and Rachel's call, the 911 calls, the sound of the shot, etc.?

Also does anyone have a link to Rachel's testimony about where Trayvon was?

I'm not understanding why TM isn't being considered a victim here. Can anyone please explain? TIA

To me it's because <modsnip> are determined to paint his victim as someone he was not. IMO

Incredibly enough, Zimmerman's father and best friend are making money off of Trayvon's tragic death. IMO

The Osterman's wrote a book together.
Zimmerman's legal team tweeted last week that Osterman's book "although well-intentioned" is "ill-timed" and "NOT approved by the defense." However, Osterman told the Sentinel that Zimmerman gave him permission to write it before his arrest in April. He said he has not talked to George Zimmerman since his arrest, on lead defense lawyer Mark O'Mara's advice.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...von-martin-george-zimmerman-shellie-zimmerman

GZ's father wrote a book as well.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...ather-african-americans-racist_n_3447025.html

IMO

BBM

It actually wasn't that far away from the "T". They were much closer to the T, than they were to Trayvon's destination. Some of the angles of the photos shown in the media give a false perception. Take a look at this pic, it happened in front of the 2nd house on the top left.

In a struggle, they could have easily moved several feet away.

And yes, I agree that it's terribly sad for everybody involved.

IMO

To clarify a bit further, John Good's patio is the first concrete slab that you see at the top left of the picture, after the first house which is on the corner.

the following post is JMO...

the prosecution is totally bungling this case. i personally don't think this case should have ever been brought (so i admit i am biased in favor of the defense but i did try to go into this with an open mind) but the prosecution has not disproved beyond a reasonable doubt that GZ acted in self defense. it also IMO that the defense team is much more likeable than the prosecution and BDLR is just a bad litigator and has bullied his own witnesses. This will not be lost on the jury. At this point, after the prosecution rests their case in chief, the prosecution would want a jury to be thinking "wow the defense better raise some reasonable doubt." but in this case, IMO, the reasonable doubt was apparent all throughout the states case. If there is a conviction in this case, it will be overturned on appeal eventually. this judge has committed multiple reversible errors. i feel terrible that the Martin's lost their son, but GZ did not break the law. This case is a tragedy all the way around, but the law is the law.

TM had already outrun GZ and could EASILY have gone into his home unobserved if he wanted too. If you know you have "lost" the person that was following you and you can jump inside your house and LOCK THE DOOR UNSEEN then that is what 99% of people would do especially if they were AFRAID! IMO.

Or get off the phone and call 9-11? imo.

I don't see any of the "bushes" TM was supposed to be hiding in? If TM "confronted and punched" GZ at the "T", where was TM hiding? JMO

My feeling is that TM jumped out so fast at him that GZ felt he was hiding in bushes somewhere.. To me it is an off detail but does not at all dispute the facts and evidence in the case... OMO

Oh dear, Mr. West is arguing on behalf of the defense regarding the toxicology reports of TM. Doesn't the defense realize at this juncture that Judge Nelson appears to dislike Mr. West and will, most likely, IMO, not reverse her previous ruling regarding the toxicology report?

Is this Richardson hearing about the witness who testified earlier? What is the State trying to accomplish here?

Defense has expert to testify TM had enough weed in his system to have produced intoxication. Sounds like GZ was right about him being on drugs. imo.

He didn't come across as believable imo and his testimony conflicts with two officers. Very hinky imo.

It's my opinion that he came off very defensive and evasive...

If I were a juror, I would be wondering why the state didn't call Travon's father to the stand as a witness.

JMO

Oh dear, Mr. West is arguing on behalf of the defense regarding the toxicology reports of TM. Doesn't the defense realize at this juncture that Judge Nelson appears to dislike Mr. West and will not reverse her previous ruling regarding the toxicology report?

He is making valid points. As long as the judge makes her decision based on the facts, it will be fine.

Oh dear, Mr. West is arguing on behalf of the defense regarding the toxicology reports of TM. Doesn't the defense realize at this juncture that Judge Nelson appears to dislike Mr. West and will, most likely, IMO, not reverse her previous ruling regarding the toxicology report?

An unprofessional, angry judge is no reason for Mr. West to stop providing the best defense possible imo.

Too bad they didn't do a toxicology report on Zimmerman!! They should have done a blood/alcohol test on him as well. Major mistake by LE.
ITA, IMHO this case was mishandled right from the start.

To me it's because GZ fans are determined to paint his victim as someone he was not. IMO

Incredibly enough, Zimmerman's father and best friend are making money off of Trayvon's tragic death. IMO

The Osterman's wrote a book together.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...von-martin-george-zimmerman-shellie-zimmerman

GZ's father wrote a book as well.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...ather-african-americans-racist_n_3447025.html

IMO

Did the parents not also 'make money' off of their son's death?

Yes it is. The GZ IS Almost A Saint Defense simply won't wash. IMO

The TM WAS A SAINT doesn't wash either but so far the defense isn't allowed to address that evidence. To answer the post you were responding to, there is a record of violence and fighting from TM's school's police dept.- a record that the judge has so far decided is irrelevant. As are the social media accounts where TM brags about winning at least one MMA style fight, including complaining that there wasn't enough blood on the victim to suit him. Sounds pretty violent to me. Hopefully that last sentence qualifies as IMO, but just in case I'll add an MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd