George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin Discussion Thread #10 Mon. July 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it was also her testimony that TM had thought he had lost GZ and then TM said GZ was right behind him.
It was obvious at one point TM was trying to put distance between he and GZ.Why would he double back (even if he had time) to confront the very person he was running from?
It just makes zero sense to me. IMO

But at some point the phone hung up and who knows where he was then.. When she gets back on the phone with him after calling him back, Then he says he sees him.. And when he sees him.. He does not run.. He confronts..

My guess is he may have been sneaking up in the dark along that path between the back of the houses, And GZ most likely walked back across the top of the T and GZ Saw him, hence the.. HE sees him again comment.. Remember GZ did not even have time to call NEN or 911.. It happened that fast then..

I think the evidence proves that TM was the aggressor. I have seen nothing that shows GZ was... Not yet.. Still waiting... OMO

The TM WAS A SAINT doesn't wash either but so far the defense isn't allowed to address that evidence. To answer the post you were responding to, there is a record of violence and fighting from TM's school's police dept.- a record that the judge has so far decided is irrelevant. As are the social media accounts where TM brags about winning at least one MMA style fight, including complaining that there wasn't enough blood on the victim to suit him. Sounds pretty violent to me. Hopefully that last sentence qualifies as IMO, but just in case I'll add an MOO.

From what I understand that is mere hearsay, that the police were never notified of anything Trayvon Martin was allegedly accused of. IMO
Plus, most juveneile records in the United States are sealed....no matter if they are fatally shot dead or not...so it's not a matter of what any Judge will allow or disallow. IMO

http://www.pdmiami.com/FAQs_Seal_and_Expunge.pdf
http://www.recordgone.com/florida/juvenile-record-sealing/

Of course when there is not a particle of evidence that any police record even exists...the question is moot. IMO

If I live in a community or visiting a relative in a community, someone starts following me with their vehicle and gets on foot and continues to follow me I am going to find out what their business is? If I don't get a satisfactory answer I might punch him in the nose so he might mind his own business.
If this person thinks I am a thief then call the police and have them interview me. Not some unprofessional hot head walking around with a loaded gun. IMO

I say unprofessional because this permit holder does not even know what stand your ground means.

Following an unfamiliar person in your neighborhood is not a crime. Confronting the resident who is suspicious of you and punching them in the nose if you don't like their answer, is. IMO, you could, and should be arrested for assault under the scenario you paint.

Too bad they couldn't have bought better attorneys, 'cause IMO, the State's attorneys really aren't that great.

Do you have any idea how many resources are behind this case to defend GZ?
I am sure there are a few Associations watching and hoping this case goes away into the night. IMO

If I live in a community or visiting a relative in a community, someone starts following me with their vehicle and gets on foot and continues to follow me I am going to find out what their business is? If I don't get a satisfactory answer I might punch him in the nose so he might mind his own business.
If this person thinks I am a thief then call the police and have them interview me. Not some unprofessional hot head walking around with a loaded gun. IMO

I say unprofessional because this permit holder does not even know what stand your ground means.

imo you would be making a mistake by confronting an unknown stalker, and doubly wrong if you would punch him. you could get killed. my god, you have no idea who or why they are following you. you have no idea if they armed, are crazy, are criminals, or nothing about them. it could be ted bundy for all you know.

i would advise you to reconsider your actions in such a case. what you propose is very dangerous.

in my opinion.

Because GZ was attacked and assaulted by TM and he shot TM in self defense. That makes TM the assailant and GZ the victim. IMO.

we don't know that for sure - that is theory the defense is going by, but imo i haven't seen any evidence that makes tm the assailant and not the victim - imo

For some reason, this case is different here. I agree with you, Trayvon is the victim. It's a sad day when a kid goes to a store for a drink and skittles and ends up shot to death. All while chatting it up with a girl on the phone. Normal teen behavior and the kid ends up dead.

The person pulling the trigger profiled Trayvon, followed him against the words from dispatch, changes his story so many times, yet...he is treated with more dignity and respect than the dead teenager. Assuming Trayvon doubled back and attacked someone he was running FROM will never make sense to me.

I firmly believe GZ followed Trayvon, tracked him down, confronted and grabbed Trayvon, not allowing another ^&#@* get away. Too bad, GZ was WRONG and Trayvon was not on drugs, casing the houses etc...he was simply going to the store. GZ was paranoid, for his own reasons, but he was WRONG, dead wrong. He shot an unarmed and killed an unarmed teenager. IMO - He needs to be held accountable.

All My Opinion.
Thank you, Angel!

Looks like it's coming in.

I just heard! Good! I'm blown away, to say the least, after watching this judge rule against the defense again & again.

I'm glad it's coming in. I just hope the defense is fully prepared to directly examine this testimony and fully prepared to redirect, otherwise, it might be a waste of time or may even backfire.

According to the State he is. Everyone has opinions, but I have never quite seen anything like this.
PS- IMO, we have no idea who actually started a fight. You can look at it this way...if GZ had stayed in his car, TM would still be alive. But, may I ask, what warrants all this hatred from everyone...and I'm not saying just here. In general, why hate a teen who has been killed...whether it was self-defense or not?

No one here hates TM at all! This was a tragedy. But some of us do believe the State never had a case. This charge was brought forward due to political pressure. Sometimes people fight and things happen. But some don't believe there was a murder at all. Turn this around. Why put a person prison who was defending himself?

Funny how people want to take one thing she said as gospel, yet they are unwilling to believe anything else she says. :facepalm: Regardless, Rachel had no idea how close Trayvon was to his home, being "close" to home doesn't mean he was within feet of the house. Also, if someone is following you, you never, ever, ever allow the stranger to know where you live. :twocents:

I listened to the tape and in GZ's own words, he clearly states he is the one doing the following. That to me is evidence.

Again, how did GZ catch up to the athletic teenager? It looks IMO that TM went back and started the confrontation.

Too bad they couldn't have bought better attorneys, 'cause IMO, the State's attorneys really aren't that great.

They are mediocre at best IMO They show no zeal in their prosecution and don't use evidence that could easily convict. IMO Not to mention, they rarely Object to a witness being brow beaten or having words rammed down their throats to benefit the defense. IMO
Neither do I think the defense " turned" any of the state's witnesses, they were pro defense anyway. IMO

From what I understand that is mere hearsay, that the police were never notified of anything Trayvon Martin was allegedly accused of. IMO
Plus, most juveneile records in the United States are sealed....no matter if they are fatally shot dead or not...so it's not a matter of what any Judge will allow or disallow. IMO

http://www.pdmiami.com/FAQs_Seal_and_Expunge.pdf
http://www.recordgone.com/florida/juvenile-record-sealing/

Of course when there is not a particle of evidence that any police record even exists...the question is moot. IMO

The affidavits of the involved school police are now available on the internet. If Travyon had been referred by the school to LE, his records would be sealed. But since they were treated as school issues rather than LE issues, they fall under FERPA and are no longer protected since Trayvon is dead.

jmo

Following an unfamiliar person in your neighborhood is not a crime. Confronting the resident who is suspicious of you and punching them in the nose if you don't like their answer, is. IMO, you could, and should be arrested for assault under the scenario you paint.

Following a guest in a community like a suspicious thief is stalking and an act threatening the well being of the guest. IMO

WHAT? They can not have a witness testify that GZ had a lawful right to defend himself??
This is nuts..

OMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads