GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #6

Stop it Glow!...., I'm getting vomit in my mouth. :scared:

But good to see YOU.

Yes on seeng that face again :banghead:

The article is dated the 19th and the caption under the photograph said it was from a booking photo on Sunday.

Does that mean the Sunday of the 16th prior? Or is that an earlier photograph?

I noticed on the tv news coverage last night that the video of Holt showed his hair as much longer from what is in that booking photo. No barber shop in jail. Trying to find a link.....

Nice to see you Glow!

Use em for target practice!

good to see you caffeinejean :blowkiss:

I noticed on the tv news coverage last night that the video of Holt showed his hair as much longer from what is in that booking photo. No barber shop in jail. Trying to find a link.....

Nice to see you Glow!

Hi La Louve,
bouncingheart.gif

Great to see you too! Ive missed you all.

Thank you for that info. I am curious to see how life is wearing on him. At least I hope it is...

Hi La Louve,
bouncingheart.gif

Great to see you too! Ive missed you all.

Thank you for that info. I am curious to see how life is wearing on him. At least I hope it is...

His face looked thinner, fwiw.

ETA also IIRC a death penalty case in Oregon automatically requires a not guilty plea from the defendant. I assumed upon hearing this news that the reason for the change in plea was in exchange for the DA not going for the DP.

I've lived in this area a long time but did not know that Oregon City is the county seat for Clackamas County. The courthouse is right downtown in the old historic part of town. Very small town environs. I think Oregon City will be spared the media circus if this works out as we all hope. And Holt won't get automatic appeals, like he would if he ended up on death row.

Murder suspect Jonathan Daniel Holt expected to plead guilty in Whitney Heichel murder

http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/index.ssf/2013/06/accused_killer_jonathan_daniel.html

According to court records, Holt is scheduled to enter a plea and be sentenced on July 8.

Holt is scheduled for trial in April. By pleading guilty, Holt can avoid a death sentence. He is likely to serve a true life sentence.

Clackamas County prosecutor Steven Mygrant and Holt's attorney, Conor Huseby, declined comment on a possible plea agreement.

It isn't clear whether the Multnomah County charges would be dropped if Holt pleads guilty to the murder.

Posting excerpts from this article from oregonlive. At least mentions all of his charges in Multnomah county too. It also looks like after the court hearings yesterday, his guilty plea and sentencing date has been moved from July 2nd to July 8th.

Murder suspect Jonathan Daniel Holt expected to plead guilty in Whitney Heichel murder

http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/index.ssf/2013/06/accused_killer_jonathan_daniel.html

According to court records, Holt is scheduled to enter a plea and be sentenced on July 8.

Holt is scheduled for trial in April. By pleading guilty, Holt can avoid a death sentence. He is likely to serve a true life sentence.

Clackamas County prosecutor Steven Mygrant and Holt's attorney, Conor Huseby, declined comment on a possible plea agreement.

It isn't clear whether the Multnomah County charges would be dropped if Holt pleads guilty to the murder.

Posting excerpts from this article from oregonlive. At least mentions all of his charges in Multnomah county too. It also looks like after the court hearings yesterday, his guilty plea and sentencing date has been moved from July 2nd to July 8th.

Thank you Caffeinejean for the new update! I use that court search link, that you posted a while back, quite a bit. JH's court and hearing dates, jump around more than my kids on a trampoline! :)

After the July 8th Plea/Sentencing in Clackamas County, there is a hearing scheduled in Multnomah County on July 11th. My guess is that Multnomah County would drop their charges if there is a Plea Deal, especially if JH gets Life without Parole. Even though JH should be held accountable for every thing that he has done, I think that they might consider the cost of the trial, and the pain that the family would have to go through, if they would hold a trial. It might not be worth it, if the end result would be just adding an extra 8 years onto a life sentence. Then again, the Multnomah County Charges just might be a bargaining chip in the Plea Deal.

http://courts.oregon.gov/OJD/pages/courtcalsearch.aspx

Oregon State Of/Holt Jonathan Daniel CLA 7/8/13 1:30P COURTROOM 5 CR1201726 Hearing Plea/Sentence

Oregon State Of/Holt Jonathan Daniel MCR 7/11/13 9:15A N208 NON-CUSTODY 121235546 Hearing Further Proceedings

I went out to Whitney's Garden yesterday to work on it a little bit. I was standing at the power pole looking West toward the double posts, just outside of the turnout. I noticed something crossing the road from the South tree grove toward the dry lake bed. It was a 3.5 to 4 foot Black Bear. It stopped and looked at me, and I looked at him. I went to grab my camera out of my pocket, but it happened to be locked up inside my truck. The bear took off running under the double post, into the dry lake bed area. My heart did beat a little faster, but it was an awesome looking animal and well worth the encounter. It reminded me of the Elk herd that ran by, last month. Next time I do see the bear again, I think that I should worry about keeping my truck keys handy, and not worry so much about my camera.

This morning I went back out to Whitney's Garden again, and I didn't have any animal sightings this time. I had two flowers in the back that I trimmed, but they are stubborn on flowering again. I placed them over by the tree, near the berm, and then put in two new flowers called "Bahia - Purple Sand". I think that the new purple flowers are a nice addition to Whitney's Garden. I had to take off the "Blue Girl" rose bloom and part of the stem. I am glad that I had a chance to get some good photos of the first bloom, when it was beautiful weather. We received a downpour of hail and rain this week, and the stem and flower ended up bent over on the ground. Like La Louve mentioned, there are about 3 or 4 new buds on the "Blue Girl" and at least 4 on La Louve's pink roses. There are many more blooms still to come!

That is pretty neat about the bear Sasquatch.

The garden looks beautiful!

That is pretty neat about the bear Sasquatch.

The garden looks beautiful!

Thank you Glow! The bear looked great from a distance. Like the herd of Elk that I saw last month, most of the animals don't really bother people, they just move on through and hug the treeline. La Louve and I have been working hard at keeping the garden looking really nice. Whitney's family really appreciates all of the beautiful flowers and roses.

Here is another article about this case from The Gresham Outlook. It contains the same information that has already been posted.
The article mentions that Jonathan Holt is scheduled to appear in Multnomah County Circuit Court, on July 11th, for his child *advertiser censored* and theft charges. I believe that both the prosecuting attorney and the defense attorney have been appearing at the previous scheduled "Hearing Further Proceedings", but it is unclear if Jonathan Holt will actually be physically present at this one. I am sure that this depends on what is being offered in the Plea Deal, schedule for July 8th, at the Clackamas County Plea/Sentencing Hearing.

http://www.pamplinmedia.com/go/42-news/155220-holt-to-enter-plea-in-heichel-murder-case

Here is a re-post of the article titled "A Life Well Loved", from last November (2012), which ran in The Gresham Outlook/Portland Tribune.

http://portlandtribune.com/go/42-news/122564-a-life-well-loved

Oregon Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists announced Kristopher Anderson as a winner of the annual Excellence in Journalism Awards last month (May 2013) for his article about Whitney Heichel.
"Former Outlook reporter Kristopher Anderson received a first-place award in the News Feature category for “A Life Well Loved,” an emotional accounting of the Heichel family’s adjustment to life without their daughter and wife, Whitney."

http://www.pamplinmedia.com/go/42-news/152885-outlook-reporters-receive-five-journalism-awards

00003434987044.jpg

Here are a few more photos of Whitney's Memorial Garden! La Louve and I have been working hard, keeping the garden watered since we had a week of high temperatures. Everything is looking real nice, and we have some grass growing, filling up some of the bare patches around the edges. The Blue Girl rose has over 12 buds and a few are opening up. The pink roses are opening up as well. On my drive out there this week, I got to see a mother deer nursing her fawn. They saw me, and wandered around a little while in front of my vehicle, then decided to go into the woods.

Here is a copy of the Clackamas County Court Calendar, showing Jonathan Holt's Plea & Sentencing Hearing on Monday July 8th, 2013 at 1:30pm. It is scheduled for 2 hours, and the prosecuting attorney is Multnomah County Deputy District Attorney Don Rees. The judge will be The Honorable Robert D. Herndon. I plan on attending the hearing.

thank you Sasquatch.. the garden is lovely and how wonderful to see the doe and fawn. Whitney was the first case to really hit me when I started reading WS.

thank you Sasquatch.. the garden is lovely and how wonderful to see the doe and fawn. Whitney was the first case to really hit me when I started reading WS.

Thank you Wolf Dreamer! It is great to see you again! La Louve and I have been working on the garden for a few months now! It includes the Blue Girl Rose, The Miniature Roses that I placed at that location in November, Pink Miniature Roses from La Louve, Miniature Roses that a few of Whitney's Starbucks Customers placed and many other flowers that La Louve and I brought out there. Both Whitney's and Clint's families have been out there recently to see it, and they are very touched by the garden. Thank you for thinking about Whitney!

I am hoping that tomorrow brings Justice for Whitney! It has been a long nine month journey, but her light still shines on all of us!

Every time I see a photo of Whitney, my heart breaks again.
You can just see her wonderful spirit shining through.
Such a beautiful girl.
Such a beautiful spirit.

Here is a copy of the Clackamas County Court Calendar, showing Jonathan Holt's Plea & Sentencing Hearing on Monday July 8th, 2013 at 1:30pm. It is scheduled for 2 hours, and the prosecuting attorney is Multnomah County Deputy District Attorney Don Rees. The judge will be The Honorable Robert D. Herndon. I plan on attending the hearing.

Thank you, Sasquatch (and La Louve too), for your many loving kindnesses in Whitney's memory. Please share with us your experience at the hearing if you feel up to it. I'm so glad it's all over without the family having to endure a trial. I hope that's why Holt took the guilty plea. That was the only honorable thing to do.

There was a very large turnout at the courthouse today, presumably in support of Whitney and her family. I was not able to get there in time. As I drove around looking for a parking place, I saw that the line to get inside was out the door, down the stairs, onto the sidewalk and around the block. I'm so glad so many locals came out to support justice for Whitney. Hopefully our Sasquatch made it into the courtroom.

ETA Apologies, Masyann, I didn't notice 'til now that I had duplicated your previously posted link for the KOIN news piece.

Here are some photos of the garden I took last Friday when I went out to water. There are so many pretty shades of purple and lavender that dear Whitney would love, I hope.

Attachments

• IMG_20130704_151658_909.jpg
    IMG_20130704_151658_909.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20130704_151604_094.jpg
    IMG_20130704_151604_094.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20130704_151632_898.jpg
    IMG_20130704_151632_898.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 8
Amen and Thank you! And God bless all who love our dear Whitney. I'm so glad to hear that justice has been served.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sapphire13
Back