MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im with both of you. I really expected she would be found ( one way or another..) very soon after she was abducted. But I feel like we are not further ahead then we were months ago. I feel that ( as far as they have released ) they are stuck on the whole 'silver van' issue, dont know how much more they are even exploring. Maybe they are looking in a whole different direction and arent releasing it. At least I hope so.
I am guessing ( totally a guess... ) that if she is deceased, she wont be found till fall, and hunting season...

You mention maybe they are looking in a whole different direction. Maybe.
I tend to agree with you though, if she is deceased, she will accidentally be found, as I have not heard of any searches made for her.
Pity.
IMOO.

Yes, this was reported very early in the case. Jessica's mother said that her daughter was trying to pick up as many hours as she could and worked the shift that night for another employee. I've wondered if Jessica was filling in for the woman who, along with her husband, provided the information about the abductor. How weird is that? :eek:

Yet there's an interview with a former coworker, a female who had quit before J's abduction, who indicated that Jessica worked the night shift because she liked working the shift. Therefore the other girl worked the day shift. In other words, it was Jessica's choice.

The former coworker was sitting on her back porch while talking to the reporter.
She mentioned there being no cameras and that she hadn't felt safe working there iirc. She didn't last long on the job.

Does anybody else remember this interview? I suppose I'll try to find the link - blah! Wish me luck.

Yet there's an interview with a former co-worker, a female who had quit before J's abduction, who indicated that Jessica worked the night shift because she liked working the shift. Therefore the other girl worked the day shift. In other words, it was Jessica's choice.

The former co-worker was sitting on her back porch while talking to the reporter.
She mentioned there being no cameras and that she hadn't felt safe working there iirc. She didn't last long on the job.

Does anybody else remember this interview? I suppose I'll try to find the link - blah! Wish me luck.

Yes, I remember seeing the video.

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/regional/255134/5/Jessicas-Exxon-coworker-I-felt-unsafe

Now this video does not say that Jessica worked the night shift because she liked working the shift.
It does say that the ex co-worker felt unsafe.

A few pages back I posted about reading where the Chief said he checked the sketch against the four peeps involved in the fraudulent credit card/lottery ticket scam that Jessica was a witness to (back in January) and they don't match the sketch.

Here's a link to an article where he mentions he doesn't believe the case is related to J's disappearance. I wasn't able to find the link before.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/muskegon_county/police-50-new-tips-in-heeringa-case

In this article, the Chief also points out that one witness gave the description from which the sketch was created. Therefore, he put his faith in and bases the case on that one witness account. Seems pretty trusting and narrow imo.

Now I'll continue to look for the link that has the former coworker interview. If I can't find it today, I'll probably find it some day - lol!

A few pages back I posted about reading where the Chief said he checked the sketch against the four peeps involved in the fraudulent credit card/lottery ticket scam that Jessica was a witness to (back in January) and they don't match the sketch.

Here's a link to an article where he mentions he doesn't believe the case is related to J's disappearance. I wasn't able to find the link before.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/muskegon_county/police-50-new-tips-in-heeringa-case

In this article, the Chief also points out that one witness gave the description from which the sketch was created. Therefore, he put his faith in and bases the case on that one witness account. Seems pretty trusting and narrow imo.

Now I'll continue to look for the link that has the former coworker interview. If I can't find it today, I'll probably find it some day - lol!

I posted a video to the co-worker in my above post #1003, but she doesn't say that Jessica liked working that night shift. She does say that she herself felt unsafe working that shift. Is that the video you are referring to?

Yet there's an interview with a former coworker, a female who had quit before J's abduction, who indicated that Jessica worked the night shift because she liked working the shift. Therefore the other girl worked the day shift. In other words, it was Jessica's choice.

The former coworker was sitting on her back porch while talking to the reporter.

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/255134/2/Jessicas-Exxon-coworker-I-felt-unsafe

Here's the video I was thinking of where the former coworker talks about refusing to work the night shift and how she sometimes felt unsafe even while working the day shift. Apparently, I'm mixing up two different coworkers' comments. Another one, the one who noticed the back lights were off when driving by the gas station, was the current coworker who said Jessica preferred working nights. I may have read the comments she posted under an early news article. She sounded as if she was defending the gas station owner and said Jessica preferred working the night shift.

The former coworker, from the above link, believes that Jessica would have disrupted something in the store or left some kind of a sign if she had felt threatened from the get-go. Therefore she believes a local person must have abducted Jessica after seeking her assistance outside.

Yes, I remember seeing the video.

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/regional/255134/5/Jessicas-Exxon-coworker-I-felt-unsafe

Now this video does not say that Jessica worked the night shift because she liked working the shift.
It does say that the ex co-worker felt unsafe.

I posted a video to the co-worker in my above post #1003, but she doesn't say that Jessica liked working that night shift. She does say that she herself felt unsafe working that shift. Is that the video you are referring to?

Oh thanks. I'm not used to having someone help me! Anyway, you're right as I figured out I mixed the comments of two different coworkers up.
My memory stinks.

Im with both of you. I really expected she would be found ( one way or another..) very soon after she was abducted. But I feel like we are not further ahead then we were months ago. I feel that ( as far as they have released ) they are stuck on the whole 'silver van' issue, dont know how much more they are even exploring. Maybe they are looking in a whole different direction and arent releasing it. At least I hope so.
I am guessing ( totally a guess... ) that if she is deceased, she wont be found till fall, and hunting season...

When is hunting season?What will they be hunting for?:scared::scared::scared::seeya::seeya::seeya::rollercoaster::rollercoaster::rollercoaster::rollercoaster::rollercoaster::rollercoaster::rollercoaster:

When is hunting season?What will they be hunting for?:scared::scared::scared::seeya::seeya::seeya::rollercoaster::rollercoaster::rollercoaster::rollercoaster::rollercoaster::rollercoaster::rollercoaster:

Hunting season ( for deer ) starts in ( I believe ) october for bow season and November 15 starts firearm season. The woods are swarming with hunters and if she is deceased, barring a tip from someone, I am guessing that would be the most likely time for her to be found... =(

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/255134/2/Jessicas-Exxon-coworker-I-felt-unsafe

Here's the video I was thinking of where the former coworker talks about refusing to work the night shift and how she sometimes felt unsafe even while working the day shift. Apparently, I'm mixing up two different coworkers' comments. Another one, the one who noticed the back lights were off when driving by the gas station, was the current coworker who said Jessica preferred working nights. I may have read the comments she posted under an early news article. She sounded as if she was defending the gas station owner and said Jessica preferred working the night shift.

The former coworker, from the above link, believes that Jessica would have disrupted something in the store or left some kind of a sign if she had felt threatened from the get-go. Therefore she believes a local person must have abducted Jessica after seeking her assistance outside.

Yes, I remember reading the comments to that other main stream media article, and the commenters post using their Facebook accounts, I believe.

What I do not understand is that can't they get a list of all registered vans that match the description? Then do the proses of elimination?
It is IMO that this guy lives in MI.

What I do not understand is that can't they get a list of all registered vans that match the description? Then do the proses of elimination?

I've been logged in but not present half the time because I keep having to step away from my computer. Now I have to go for the evening.
But I just want to say before I do that the Chief claims (and his comments have been in the press but I don't have time to look for the link now) that they've been comparing and processing the list of vans. As I mentioned, my memory isn't firing on all neurons or brain cells or whatever but I believe he said 22,000 vans or some number close to that. Keeping in mind that we don't know for sure if the van is involved if based solely on one person's claim. I'm not feeling too confident right now that they're even barking up the right tree.

I've been logged in but not present half the time because I keep having to step away from my computer. Now I have to go for the evening.
But I just want to say before I do that the Chief claims (and his comments have been in the press but I don't have time to look for the link now) that they've been comparing and processing the list of vans. As I mentioned, my memory isn't firing on all neurons or brain cells or whatever but I believe he said 22,000 vans or some number close to that. Keeping in mind that we don't know for sure if the van is involved if based solely on one person's claim. I'm not feeling too confident right now that they're even barking up the right tree.

I wasn't all that confident in the van at first. But, so far I've read about three different people saying they seen the van creeping around and stuff. I pray that the van is involved for the sake of finding the guy. But who knows.
My only other hope is that this is some sexual predator who was obsessed with her and that he wants to keep her alive. Any other possibility doesn't sound to good to me as far as the out come. Anyways, thanks for the info....I'll have to go read some more.

On a side note....I still can't believe that there was no cameras at that store. That just seems so weird to me. But does give me hope that is it a regular or something because how els would someone know that.

I totally remember it. I watched it when it was first released, and then watched it again awhile later. She did say Jessica had the chance to switch to days when a new employee was hired, but chose to keep working nights because she liked that shift.

I have come to the realization that on this thread and on another thread that I have been posting on, with very little information on both cases, I don't know how much more I can add to either cases. It is sad really.
I had hoped that Jessica would have been found by now, and I had hoped that there would be more details released. Neither has occurred. I feel I am rehashing and rehashing, and limited in what can be posted, so there isn't much to expound on anymore.
I have been faithful in being a Jessica Heeringa "please come home safely supporter", I just don't know what else I can add anymore............ :(
IMOO.

I am much the same as you. I still check here daily and read every post, but seldom post anything myself because I just don't know what else to say that hasn't been said over and over again. I have long since given up any hope of this case being resolved by local LE, and have given up any hope of Jessica being found alive, and have all but given up hope of her body being found if she has been killed, unless someone happens to stumble across her remains one day. Such a sad case, and one that, early on, seemed very solvable. JMO

I think LE stated there were in excess of 35,000 back in the first thread somewhere.

I've just been very hopeful. I guess I still am. I mean they have a direction the van went in. To me it indicates that he is from MI and I bet not to far from Norton Shore. They have three different people saying they seen the van creeping around before hand.
This just makes me so sad for her little boy :( you know most the time I hear of mom's giving their child up for sex trade, or letting a boyfriend beating the child to death. Or leaving it at the grandparents to go out and live life with out being a mom.
Jessica just seemed like such a good mom. So here we had a woman who was a good mom, working, not doing anything other then trying to make some money to support her son and she wasn't even safe. Makes me so angry. I'm also so sad for her fiancé. You can tell when he talks about her how much he loves her. And I don't say that often. This guy actually seemed to just really love her and his little family.
I just pray some sick creep has her locked up in some house and she is going to get away or LE is going to show up there and she will be fine. Unfortunately this never seems to be the out come.

“He said earlier Tuesday that police are working to obtain two more surveillance tapes from businesses, but is having technical problems in getting them.”

“Technical problems“? What kind of technical problems would prevent LE from obtaining surveillance tapes?

“The sketch was made by a Michigan State Police artist who worked with the only person currently known to have gotten a glimpse of a man sitting in a gray minivan -- possibly a Chrysler Town and County -- near the Exxon Mobil gas station from which Heeringa disappeared April 26.”

A “glimpse”? How can a glimpse produce an accurate suspect sketch?

“A gray minivan”? Thought it was silver? Which is it? Are there two different minivans?

“’Near’ the Exxon Mobil gas station”? So, not at the station? Then, where? Across the street parked facing the station as we have heard in some reports? Or driving down the road?

“The driver of the minivan is described as a heavy-set, , white man between 30 and 40 years old, and having broad shoulders…”

“Heavy-set”…”and having broad shoulders“? Sorry, but the sketch does not give me the impression that the person’s slender face would go with a heavy set individual let alone sit on broad shoulders!

Between “30 and 40 years old”? I thought we had read that the person was between 40 and 50?

“White” man? At night, how can they be sure it was a Caucasian man? For example, maybe it was a light skinned Hispanic individual, etc.

Also, how can a witness “glimpse” provide so much detailed information? And, why would someone be scrutinizing a person that closely when they did not yet know a crime had occurred?

IMHO….this witness provided suspect sketch does not add up, unless, of course, the wording in this MSM article was inaccurately reported to the public!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle