IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
roseofsharon, imo, it is, but due to the vague description released by LE, it is difficult to say. There is no logical reason for LE to release such a vague description of the VOI, if they truly want the public's help, imo..

I've been scanning the streets of Evansdale using google maps and have found a vehicle parked in a driveway that closely matches the one I posted.

The vehicle is parked on a street with Meyers Lake in the background. The date on the photo is August 2012.

I can see roof racks and a trailer hitch. In the photo, the windows on the back of the vehicle are very dark. The windows have marks on them, as though someone ran their finger down the window and there are also dots, as though someone may have tapped on the window.

Maybe, my mind is working overtime!!!

imo

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...w-purpose-no-comfort-Elizabeth-Collins-family

Ok...at the 1:20-21 mark - Heather's look toward the camera literally made every hair on my body stand up. :scared:

Maybe this is harsh but from day 1 I have never got the feeling that these two are really a team. I have seen so, so many interviews and they just never have given me the vibe of really being together (I hope you guys all get what I mean).

There is just such a distance in their body language, words, expressions, etc. It would be different if one interview showed them in a different light...but it's the same tone, appearance, vibe....very distant emotionally and physically from each other and I've never seen them waiver from that distant vibe...regardless of their words.

:(

Threecrazykids, opposites do attract... Please don't think that I am being judgemental.
Consider, we came to know Drew and Heather Collins, only after their daughter & niece were abducted, and later found murdered. The percentage of divorces quoted by Heather among parents of missing/murdered children speaks volumes; 98%..and is fairly accurate, imo.

I have attended four missing/murdered person's conferences in the past four years and have listened to hundreds of families tell their devastating stories. They all have the same tone, appearance, vibe...are very distant emotionally and physically from each other and I've never seen them waiver from that distant vibe.. Very few parents/couples survive their marriages and many of the families simply implode

If you attend a missing/murdered persons conference. You will witness up close, the devastation of the families inducted into the involuntary fraternity of the new life's normal. Whether it's one year, one decade, or longer. Doesn't matter.. Many will go to their grave seeking answers...

CUE Center National Conference-2010 - YouTube
CUE Center National Missing/Murdered Persons Conference-2010

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...w-purpose-no-comfort-Elizabeth-Collins-family

It has been nearly a year since their daughter and niece were abducted from this northeast Iowa town, but for Drew and Heather Collins, the search for answers is still as frustrating and the pain just as raw as it was last July.

“It’s never over,” Drew said. “Even a year later, it’s not over, and I don’t think it’s ever going to be over. You’re hit with something so devastating your life is never going to be the same.”

Couldn't help but think of Jesse Speer's white SUV when the recent reports came out.

Has he ever been looked at in relation to this case? I don't remember reading anything, but I'm off to search.

I've been scanning the streets of Evansdale using google maps and have found a vehicle parked in a driveway that closely matches the one I posted.

The vehicle is parked on a street with Meyers Lake in the background. The date on the photo is August 2012.

I can see roof racks and a trailer hitch. In the photo, the windows on the back of the vehicle are very dark. The windows have marks on them, as though someone ran their finger down the window and there are also dots, as though someone may have tapped on the window.

Maybe, my mind is working overtime!!!

imo

Call it in...better to have it be nothing than to NOT call it in and have it be something. :)

Threecrazykids, opposites attract...
Consider, we came to know Drew and Heather Collins, only after their daughter & niece were abducted, and later found murdered. The percentage of divorces quoted by Heather among parents of missing/murdered children speaks volumes; 98%..

If you attend a missing/murdered persons conference. You will witness up close, the devastation of the families inducted into the involuntary fraternity of the new life's normal. Whether it's one year, one decade, or longer. Many will go to their grave seeking answers...

CUE Center National Conference-2010 - YouTube
CUE Center National Missing/Murdered Persons Conference-2010

It has been nearly a year since their daughter and niece were abducted from this northeast Iowa town, but for Drew and Heather Collins, the search for answers is still as frustrating and the pain just as raw as it was last July.

“It’s never over,” Drew said. “Even a year later, it’s not over, and I don’t think it’s ever going to be over. You’re hit with something so devastating your life is never going to be the same.”

I don't doubt for one second that those staggering statistics are correct...however, I would venture to guess that separation (physical and mental...not legal separation) would not be immediate.
From the very first interviews I felt those two have a weird vibe...again, MY opinion only. I just have never felt they were connected, even from the beginning. It is maybe just me...but I just get a weird vibe when I watch them.

:dunno:

Well I haven't found any MSM article about Jesse Speer in relation to these girls, I did see some comments after articles asking if he had been looked into, but nothing to indicate he was by police.

Well I haven't found any MSM article about Jesse Speer in relation to these girls, I did see some comments after articles asking if he had been looked into, but nothing to indicate he was by police.

way back LE said he was not involved with the Edale girls.

I don't doubt for one second that those staggering statistics are correct...however, I would venture to guess that separation (physical and mental...not legal separation) would not be immediate.
From the very first interviews I felt those two have a weird vibe...again, MY opinion only. I just have never felt they were connected, even from the beginning. It is maybe just me...but I just get a weird vibe when I watch them.

:dunno:

The vibe is total devastation.
Imagine that.

Of course it seems weird. They are stuck in front of cameras and judgemental people staring into their lives. Why do they do this? They need to. They have to. They cannot heal without it, and it is different with each person/family.

Think Mark Lunsford, Marc Klaas, Linda Walker, Kelly Jolkowski, I could go on and on and on and...

For whatever reason, and part of it is healing, part of it is desperation to try to help find the killer, and part of it is to make others aware that this terrible thing could happen. And part of it is that laws need changing and devastated people who have lived through this nightmare work to change laws.

And it could even happen to "great" parents & caregivers.

The vibe is total devastation.
Imagine that.

Of course it seems weird. They are stuck in front of cameras and judgemental people staring into their lives. Why do they do this? They need to. They have to. They cannot heal without it, and it is different with each person/family.

Think Mark Lunsford, Marc Klaas, Linda Walker, Kelly Jolkowski, I could go on and on and on and...

For whatever reason, and part of it is healing, part of it is desperation to try to help find the killer, and part of it is to make others aware that this terrible thing could happen. And part of it is that laws need changing and devastated people who have lived through this nightmare work to change laws.

And it could even happen to "great" parents & caregivers.

Maybe you're right. I know everyone is different...and this is the only case I've followed on Websleuths so I am not familiar with what "typical" grieving and total devastation looks like so please forgive me. :blushing:

When I think total devastation, I think desperation, anger, tears, and even frustration...with a passion. I have yet to see my definition of total devastation with any of the family members...and it just makes me so sad :(

Again, I can't (thank GOD) speak on behalf of how people ordinarily act in total devastation...but I would expect least ONE strong emotion to surface...and I just don't see it during their interviews.

Maybe you're right. I know everyone is different...and this is the only case I've followed on Websleuths so I am not familiar with what "typical" grieving and total devastation looks like so please forgive me. :blushing:

When I think total devastation, I think desperation, anger, tears, and even frustration...with a passion. I have yet to see my definition of total devastation with any of the family members...and it just makes me so sad :(

Again, I can't (thank GOD) speak on behalf of how people ordinarily act in total devastation...but I would expect least ONE strong emotion to surface...and I just don't see it during their interviews.

I would probably be a blubbering idiot doing an interview about my missing/dead child. Although it hasn't happened to me, so I wouldn't know for sure how I'd act. The parents and others always seem to reach down inside - or to their faith in Heather's case - and find the courage. I know that's how Heather does it. I think the differences between them are that Drew really does want to know, and Heather would rather not. I totally get it. Being Facebook friends with her, I do see pictures and status updates proclaiming her love for her husband. I don't doubt that it's real.

Ok...at the 1:20-21 mark - Heather's look toward the camera literally made every hair on my body stand up. :scared:

Maybe this is harsh but from day 1 I have never got the feeling that these two are really a team. I have seen so, so many interviews and they just never have given me the vibe of really being together (I hope you guys all get what I mean).

There is just such a distance in their body language, words, expressions, etc. It would be different if one interview showed them in a different light...but it's the same tone, appearance, vibe....very distant emotionally and physically from each other and I've never seen them waiver from that distant vibe...regardless of their words.

I'm surprised they are still together. Drew looks as if he can't put enough space between Heather and he! :confused: I would say they may be together physically, but not emotionally. I've always had that impression too. It's sad. Dan and Misty seemed more of a couple than Drew and Heather at first. . . until Aunt Tammy said they were getting divorced. Just my opinion... :moo:

I'm surprised they are still together. Drew looks as if he can't put enough space between Heather and he! :confused: I would say they may be together physically, but not emotionally. I've always had that impression too. It's sad. Dan and Misty seemed more of a couple than Drew and Heather at first. . . until Aunt Tammy said they were getting divorced. Just my opinion... :moo:

This is exactly how I feel...word for word. I am simply watching their body language (Heather and Drew) and it certainly doesn't speak volumes of "togetherness".

It is so sad. I really hope it's just how I am reading them. Even Heather said they are completely different in their grieving process. To me, Drew seems broken and defeated, exhausted and honestly just...confused. Heather seems to me like she's just...on auto-pilot, maybe?...and separating herself from the entire situation.

Would this be the type of vehicle LE is talking about?

This post is for vehicle description confirmation only.

http://central.oregonfreeads.net/ads/1990-white-chevy-suburban-1300obo/

TIA

Just my opinion, but I believe that it is the type of vehicle LE is looking for in the Evansdale area that fateful day. I could definitely see Klunder driving that type of vehicle too. Perfect type of vehicle for carrying the type of equipment you need when tending to livestock. . . pigs for instance. :scared:

This is exactly how I feel...word for word. I am simply watching their body language (Heather and Drew) and it certainly doesn't speak volumes of "togetherness".

It is so sad. I really hope it's just how I am reading them. Even Heather said they are completely different in their grieving process. To me, Drew seems broken and defeated, exhausted and honestly just...confused. Heather seems to me like she's just...on auto-pilot, maybe?...and separating herself from the entire situation.

It looks like the girls' murders and the fact that the killer is still on the loose is eating poor Drew alive! Heather is more composed. I suppose she has to keep it together for the other kids. Auto-pilot is a good description. I do feel for both of them. It truly is a long, long road they have ahead of them and at the moment, I do not see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Heather has a life threatening heart condition. I don't think she can afford to feel everything. It would probably kill her, and she has her other kids to think about. It's easy to judge how other people cope, but auto pilot, denial, shutting down, freezing up, numbing out, etc are pretty common responses to trauma and loss.

Bootsctr, imo, based on Klunder's past sexual assaults since the age of 16. I don't remember reading where any of his victim's being sexually assaulted/raped or sodomized. Imo, it is curious as to why he separated KP & DH once he arrived at the hog barn.

<sniped & BBM>
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/06/08/missing-iowa-girl-shepard/2403039/

Gerard Meyers of the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation said Boone County dispatchers received a call from people fishing at 6:59 p.m. about a body in the river underneath the Kate Shelley High Bridge near Boone.

"We believe it to be Kathlynn Shepard," Meyers said at a news conference at the Boone Police Station just after midnight. He said the clothing was consistent with what Shepard was wearing when she was abducted,
Police would not comment on the cause of death or whether the person had been sexually assaulted. The investigation continues, Meyers said.

Chief State Medical Examiner Dr. Julia Goodin said Sunday that Kathlynn's death was a homicide and that she died of "multiple sharp and blunt force injuries."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/0...hat-missing-teen-abducted-from/#ixzz2YTJshIVM

Sexual assault comes in many forms. He may have been aroused and sexually verbal with her. He may have used her sexually without penetration. He may have wanted to penetrate but had premature ejaculation. He may have been so sadistic that violence was a sex act. Ripping off her shirt was sexual assault in and of itself, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie